At this rate, X360 will max out at 26 million consoles after 4 years.

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NYCgamer47
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

9.8 million sold through to consumers, according to VG Chartz. Remember, Peter Moore confirmed that the 10.4m was only sold through to wholesalers, NOT consumers.

Anyway, 9.8m in 18 months, I must say, is subpar. Winning systems never sell at this low of a rate. At this rate, the X360 will only be as successful as N64, and will only reach around 26 million consoles after its 4-year lifespan. Big whoop. 1 million more than the original Xbox. If the X360 was going to be a winning console, it would have sold nearly 20 million by now, like the PS2 did after its first 18 months.

The Xbox 360 will not win this console war, period.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Using VG chartz as source= failure
NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NYCgamer47

Using VG chartz as source= failureVerge_6

Point me to a more reliable source then.

qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts
Do lemmings really think x360 has a chance to win the console war?
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#5 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

9.8 million sold through to consumers, according to VG Chartz. Remember, Peter Moore confirmed that the 10.4m was only sold through to wholesalers, NOT consumers.

Anyway, 9.8m in 18 months, I must say, is subpar. Winning systems never sell at this low of a rate. At this rate, the X360 will only be as successful as N64, and will only reach around 26 million consoles after its 4-year lifespan. Big whoop. 1 million more than the original Xbox. If the X360 was going to be a winning console, it would have sold nearly 20 million by now, like the PS2 did after its first 18 months.

NYCgamer47

no, i think it will sell more than the first Xbox but i don't know by how much.

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

And the PS3 is going any faster? Just over three million sold in over 6 months?

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Not really , it is the best we have. SW voted on it as the official sales site to use. I would much rather use that than Microsoft or Sony's numbers or sites that use them.

Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts

Because nothing will change from now until then. There will be no price drop ever. And there will no longer be any new games that attract new buyers.

FFS USE YOUR BRAIN!! Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 will sell A LOT more once they both get a price drop. SO going by current sales you look as sharp as a marble!

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]Using VG chartz as source= failureNYCgamer47

NPD numbers? Something OTHER than a speculative sales site?

Also, if you don't believe games like Halo 3 and GTA IV will not move consoles, I am afraid you will be in for quite a rude awakening. 

terrellpakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 terrellpakeman
Member since 2003 • 1326 Posts

Do lemmings really think x360 has a chance to win the console war?qewrewq

Yes. Owned!

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Why do people think a console will sell at the same rate forever?
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
Why do people think a console will sell at the same rate forever?cakeorrdeath
That's what I'm wondering.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]Using VG chartz as source= failureNike_Air

Not really , it is the best we have. SW voted on it as the official sales site to use. I would much rather use that than Microsoft or Sony's numbers or sites that use them.

I don't care if either nextgenwars or vgchartz or whatever was voted, they are both speculative. I think we should simply rely on NPD numbers. 

NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NYCgamer47

-Spock-

At this rate, the PS3 will reach 26 million after a 4-year period as well. But rememebr, PS3 is wanted more than X360.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

and the ps3 would max at about 30m but really this is a bad way to estimate. sales per month could increase after price drops.

(i would have done the wii estimate too but it would be even more flawed because it's limited buy supply right now)

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Verge_6
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

NYCgamer47

At this rate, the PS3 will reach 26 million after a 4-year period as well. But rememebr, PS3 is wanted more than X360.

Oh, I just HAVE to see you provide evidence to back this up...I think this is going to make my day. 

Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dups79
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

NYCgamer47

Get it through your head!!!!!! Sales will change as time goes on.

NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NYCgamer47
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]Using VG chartz as source= failureVerge_6

I don't care if either nextgenwars or vgchartz or whatever was voted, they are both speculative. I think we should simply rely on NPD numbers. 

VG Charts is more up-to-date than NPD numbers. And NPD numbers exclude major retailers, such as Wal-Mart. Anyway, SW voted on VG Chartz as the official sales site.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

LOL and the ps3 will do exaclty the same

3.22 / 6 months = .536 million per month

over 48 months thats 25.728 million consoles.

The sad thing is the ps3's numbers are bumped since they're much closer to when the system launch.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]Using VG chartz as source= failureNYCgamer47

VG Charts is more up-to-date than NPD numbers. And NPD numbers exclude major retailers, such as Wal-Mart. Anyway, SW voted on VG Chartz as the official sales site.

they don't exclude, they estimate - please quit making stuff up. 

NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NYCgamer47
[QUOTE="NYCgamer47"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Verge_6

Oh, I just HAVE to see you provide evidence to back this up...I think this is going to make my day. 

http://www.cnet.com/4520-4_1-6541088-1.html?tag=cnetfd.mw

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]Using VG chartz as source= failureOntain

vgchartz is the closest thing to NPD numbers that i've seen. unless you have an archive of npd numbers you'd like to link us.

I just think it's dumb to use speculation as facts...but, that's just how I am. I also remember seeing a 2 million difference between 360 figures between it and NGW, so one of them HAD to be off majorly... 

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="NYCgamer47"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

NYCgamer47

One poll does not reflect the views of the rest of the world. Unless you know for an absolute fact that more people around the world, rather than those registered at c-net, want a PS3 than a 360, then please do not make arduous claims like that. 

NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NYCgamer47
[QUOTE="NYCgamer47"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="NYCgamer47"][QUOTE="-Spock-"]

Verge_6

One poll does not reflect the views of the rest of the world. Unless you know for an absolute fact that more people around the world, rather than those registered at c-net, want a PS3 than a 360, then please do not make arduous claims like that. 

Go to Amazon.com and you will see that PS3 is selling better than X360.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Simply rely on one territory ? Nah.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ontain
[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

vgchartz is the closest thing to NPD numbers that i've seen. unless you have an archive of npd numbers you'd like to link us.

I just think it's dumb to use speculation as facts...but, that's just how I am. I also remember seeing a 2 million difference between 360 figures between it and NGW, so one of them HAD to be off majorly...

NGW is really wrong. it's not even basing it's numbers on anything but a time base incrementer. VGcharts is much better. you can see the sources from the forums too.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ontain

Go to Amazon.com and you will see that PS3 is selling better than X360.

NYCgamer47

Amazon is only one source though. and we've all seen that it's ranks change drastically depending on any sales or just supply. 

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

NYCgamer47

1. the first to hit 10 million has historically carried the #1 slot.

2. the 360, even with your silly use of a completely unsubstantiated sales numbers, is easily positioned to hit 10 million before either other console

3. using your math the ps3 is looking to sell 6 million ps3 by then....

4. the ps2 was priced $100 less than the 360 using games that were $10-$20 less than 360 games....

5. the fact the ps3 is a failure on the level that it kiled the career of it's very "father" must realllly be bugging you....

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tango90101

NYCgamer47

1. the first to hit 10 million has historically carried the #1 slot.

2. the 360, even with your silly use of a completely unsubstantiated sales numbers, is easily positioned to hit 10 million before either other console

3. using your math the ps3 is looking to sell 6 million ps3 by then....

4. the ps2 was priced $100 less than the 360 using games that were $10-$20 less than 360 games....

5. the fact the ps3 is a failure on the level that it kiled the career of it's very "father" must realllly be bugging you....

6. sony has NEVER given any sales numbers of 2 million ps3 sold....sorry...

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

NYCgamer47

Yet.. whatever the outcome is for X360, the PS3 will never sell anymore cause it is currently being outsold by both Next-gen consoles. I gaurantee you that it wont place 1st or 2nd if it continues to be outsold each month regardless of it outselling 360 at this time last year, thats common sense.

JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
Not too bad. The main thing is it's getting good developer support and there is plenty of titles on it already announced. If it hit 26 million I would expect the good dev support to continue, considering the system has similar hardware capabilities to the PS3 multplats make sense for developers and we are already seeing this with upcoming games like GTA 4, DMC 4, Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil 5 ect.
NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NYCgamer47
[QUOTE="NYCgamer47"]

Pro_wrestler

Yet.. whatever the outcome is for X360, the PS3 will never sell anymore cause it is currently being outsold by both Next-gen consoles. I gaurantee you that it wont place 1st or 2nd if it continues to be outsold each month regardless of it outselling 360 at this time last year, thats common sense.

Right......because current sales dictate future sales. :roll:

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

NYCgamer47

No one uses vgcharts for sales stats. XBox 360 has broke 10 million sold a long time ago. Don't believe what these stat sites post. The XBox 360 is still selling very well. Better then the PS3 overall. XBox 360 will sell over 26 million before 4 yrs. It may take the PS3 over 4yrs just to get to 20 million at the rate they are selling.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="NYCgamer47"]

Anyway, 9.8m in 18 months, I must say, is subpar. Winning systems never sell at this low of a rate. At this rate, the X360 will only be as successful as N64, and will only reach around 26 million consoles after its 4-year lifespan. Big whoop. 1 million more than the original Xbox. If the X360 was going to be a winning console, it would have sold nearly 20 million by now, like the PS2 did after its first 18 months.

NYCgamer47

You pretty much just ended your thread right there... 

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts

Anyway, 9.8m in 18 months, I must say, is subpar. Winning systems never sell at this low of a rate. At this rate, the X360 will only be as successful as N64, and will only reach around 26 million consoles after its 4-year lifespan. Big whoop. 1 million more than the original Xbox. If the X360 was going to be a winning console, it would have sold nearly 20 million by now, like the PS2 did after its first 18 months.

NYCgamer47

How many more threads is it going to take to make you feel better about your PS3? 

JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
Right......because current sales dictate future sales. :roll:NYCgamer47
Isn't that the logic behind your thread? :|
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackace

Do lemmings really think x360 has a chance to win the console war?qewrewq

Wii will most likely win. Do cows think the PS3 really has a chance to win? I think you just answered your own question.

NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NYCgamer47
[QUOTE="NYCgamer47"]

blackace

No one uses vgcharts for sales stats. XBox 360 has broke 10 million sold a long time ago. Don't believe what these stat sites post. The XBox 360 is still selling very well. Better then the PS3 overall. XBox 360 will sell over 26 million before 4 yrs. It may take the PS3 over 4yrs just to get to 20 million at the rate they are selling.

Only to wholesalers, not consumers. Confirmed by Peter Moore. pwned.

MJPilgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MJPilgrim
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

NYCgamer47

....Is this a joke? 

MJPilgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MJPilgrim
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

NYCgamer47

This has to be a joke...no one is that stupid.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blackace
[QUOTE="NYCgamer47"]

NPD numbers? Something OTHER than a speculative sales site?

Also, if you don't believe games like Halo 3 and GTA IV will not move consoles, I am afraid you will be in for quite a rude awakening. 

Halo 3 will definitely move consoles. If M$ was smart they would drop the price of the XBox 360 on the same day as Halo 3 is released. I would do it. You want to talk about a "BOOM" in console sales.

Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dups79

[QUOTE="NYCgamer47"]Right......because current sales dictate future sales. :roll:JimmyT2
Isn't that the logic behind your thread? :|

LOL!!!!!! You just self owned yourself NYCgamer47  You just contradicted yourself. You entire thread was based on current sales dictating future sales

lmao ... Seriously man Good luck in life :)

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]Using VG chartz as source= failureNike_Air

Simply rely on one territory ? Nah.

Good point, of course the NPD numbers only reflect sales in North America. My bad. 

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blackace
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

NYCgamer47

You would think that, but large sales of Wii & PS2 tell a different story.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
times are different every non fanboy can see that!
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blackace
[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="NYCgamer47"]

NYCgamer47

No. Peter Moore confirmed 10.4 mill shipped back in January, smart$%#. Go check the link. It's now May. Well over 10.4 have shipped and sold since that time. When he made that announcement back in January over 9.3 million XBox 360 had already sold. You pawned yourself.

NYCgamer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NYCgamer47
[QUOTE="NYCgamer47"][QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="NYCgamer47"]

blackace

No. Peter Moore confirmed 10.4 mill shipped back in January, smart$%#. Go check the link. It's now May. Well over 10.4 have shipped and sold since that time. When he made that announcement back in January over 9.3 million XBox 360 had already sold. You pawned yourself.

SHIPPED, and sold to WHOLESALERS, not CONSUMERS!

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tango90101
[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="NYCgamer47"][QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="NYCgamer47"]

NYCgamer47

SHIPPED, and sold to WHOLESALERS, not CONSUMERS!

at least moore it talking..

do you have ANY sony quote saying they even sold 2 million ps3 yet? 

hint: no... :)

Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts

You can attack the TC because he doesn't consider several price drops in his thread.  However taking a shot at VGcharts is irrelevent.

Ok lets not use the 9.8M but rather the 10.4M that Microsoft used(if anyone is likely to overstate the numbers its them, but we will use them anyways). 

WOW 600,000 more units, in 4 years that will be only like 3,000,000 more units than the TC original prediction(being generous).  If it continues to sell at this rate Microsoft themselves gave us, then it sells roughly 30 million in 4 years , using the TC logic.

Now I don't agree with the TC's prediction, just because consoles sell the most in that 3-5 year range, after it has a large gaming library and several pricedrops.  But I do agree with the prediction that the 360 will not win the console war.