Assassins Creed Shadows - world premiere trailer!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44486 Posts

Here we go! 😅

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#52 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19679 Posts

@Pedro: Last Samurai was a flop in the West... But became a massive hit in Japan, ironically.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70256 Posts

@gifford38 said:

yup another main character can't be a white male even a Japanese white guy.

white female and black male.

can't we just pic a Japanese white male and female.

they force the black guy in there.

pathetic how the older ass creed games was to follow history as they could and now force woke into it.

Your ignorance is fascinating. Take some class any class at your local community college for the good of humanity.🤭

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7275 Posts
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The gameplay... where is it?

Think of it as a Sony game.🤭

yah because sony had so little gameplay in the reveal of the ps5 compared to xbox no gameplay trailer after no gameplay trailer. they even got flack for it.

funny xbox has the most non gameplay trailer this gen so far.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Gifford38
@Jag85 said:

People are mad about the black Samurai... Yet didn't have the same energy for white Samurais in the likes of Shogun, Last Samurai, Nioh, etc.

just not historically correct. you expect to be a white japanese character ina samurai game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

yah because sony had so little gameplay in the reveal of the ps5 compared to xbox no gameplay trailer after no gameplay trailer. they even got flack for it.

funny xbox has the most non gameplay trailer this gen so far.

I can tell my comment triggered you but it delivered on the intended person. In your case, think of it like Sony releases this year.🤭

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pedro

@gifford38 said:
@Jag85 said:

People are mad about the black Samurai... Yet didn't have the same energy for white Samurais in the likes of Shogun, Last Samurai, Nioh, etc.

just not historically correct. you expect to be a white japanese character ina samurai game.

I know the answer to this but, did you actually research who the main character was or did your inner racism and perpetual ignorance took the wheel?🤭

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11698 Posts
@gifford38 said:

pathetic how the older ass creed games was to follow history as they could and now force woke into it.

Nioh 1 not enough for you?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Your ignorance is fascinating. Take some class any class at your local community college for the good of humanity.🤭

so they can teach me how to be gay. no thanks. or protest on school grounds instead of learning.

you need to watch the news college is a war zone right know. at my collage kids are getting attacked.

even armed forcing walking around.

your an idiot.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

so they can teach me how to be gay. no thanks. or protest on school grounds instead of learning.

you need to watch the news college is a war zone right know. at my collage kids are getting attacked.

even armed forcing walking around.

your an idiot.

The irony of the bold speaks for itself.🤭

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11256 Posts

@Pedro said:

I can tell my comment triggered you but it delivered on the intended person. In your case, think of it like Sony releases this year.🤭

Shut up. You got owned. Lems cream their jeans watching the latest Xbox placeholder movies while actual game development won't even start in their lifetimes 🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Shut up. You got owned. Lems cream their jeans watching the latest Xbox placeholder movies while actual game development won't even start in their lifetimes 🤣🤣🤣

Xbox consumes your soul so much and it never stops being entertaining. 🤭

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:

Nioh 1 not enough for you?

omg its a samurai game in historic japan. so a japanese male can't look different from ghost or nioh.

male and female Japanese person. old asscreed games was to follow history as posible. they even read history books to make as accurate they could. now I bet they don't even follow history anymore.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

omg its a samurai game in historic japan. so a japanese male can't look different from ghost or nioh.

male and female Japanese person. old asscreed games was to follow history as posible. they even read history books to make as accurate they could. now I bet they don't even follow history anymore.

The bold continues to demonstrate the irony of your comment.🤭

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Gifford38
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:
@Jag85 said:

I know the answer to this but, did you actually research who the main character was or did your inner racism and perpetual ignorance took the wheel?🤭

ok so what black male is in the history books from ancient japan.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

So, the answer is you haven't.😂

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11256 Posts

@Pedro said:

I'm just an observer watching you suffer with the brand. So much arrogance and hubris turned to pure sorrow and rage among the Xbots in a few short years. Shame

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:
@Jag85 said:

Yasuke.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

I'm just an observer watching you suffer with the brand. So much arrogance and hubris turned to pure sorrow and rage among the Xbots in a few short years. Shame

Time is ticking, you can still get something for it.🤭

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gifford38
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:
@Jag85 said:

omg im not racist. I don't expect a black male in japan unless he is a slave. but I thought only white males had slaves according to leftist.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

omg im not racist. I don't expect a black male in japan unless he is a slave. but I thought only white males had slaves according to leftist.

You are but like most things, you are oblivious. Education would do you wonders.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:
@Jag85 said:

Yasuke.

ow shit I forgot about him. if its him then awesome.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Yasuke.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pedro

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

Yasuke.

No it is not because

@gifford38 said:

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

You are but like most things, you are oblivious. Education would do you wonders.

im not racist. far from it. I stick up for my fellow black american. not african american. they are just american. I forgot about yasuke.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3107 Posts

No thanks

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

im not racist. far from it. I stick up for my fellow black american. not african american. they are just american. I forgot about yasuke.

You already demonstrated to the contrary by defaulting to ignorant racist shit.🤷🏽‍♂️

Reminds me of the "I am not racist, I helped an elderly asian woman cross the street earlier today." 😂

Probably the same folks who think something is only racist if you kill the person.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Gifford38
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

You already demonstrated to the contrary by defaulting to ignorant racist shit.🤷🏽‍♂️

Reminds me of the "I am not racist, I helped an elderly asian woman cross the street earlier today." 😂

Probably the same folks who think something is only racist if you kill the person.

just so you know yasuke was not a samurai. he held samurai sword for the samurai and was there for only 16 mouths. but I bet they changed it so they could have a black samurai.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Pedro
@gifford38 said:

just so you know yasuke was not a samurai. he held samurai sword for the samurai and was there for only 16 mouths. but I bet they changed it so they could have a black samurai.

I know you couldn't stay away from the racist shit for too long.🤭

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

@fedor: "It is important to note that despite popular myth and modern depictions there are no historical writings nor evidence that Yasuke was ever granted the rank or title of samurai,"

From wiki though.

Today is the first time I've ever even heard of this dude 😅

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Jag85
@gifford38 said:
@Jag85 said:

You just proved my point. You want a white Samurai, but only have an issue when it's a black Samurai. Zero consistency. Either you reject all non-Asians from portraying a Samurai, or allow any non-Asians to portray a Samurai. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

@Jag85: I'm trying to figure out why he keeps saying white japanese... I think he means an actual Japanese person... but with white skin?

Like he assumes Japanese can't tan? I dont know.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jag85
@Chutebox said:

@fedor: "It is important to note that despite popular myth and modern depictions there are no historical writings nor evidence that Yasuke was ever granted the rank or title of samurai,"

From wiki though.

Today is the first time I've ever even heard of this dude 😅

That sentence was added by a troll on Wikipedia just today. It wasn't there yesterday. There was apparently an edit war that led to the article being locked and now they're debating it on Wikipedia whether to keep that sentence.

The sources cited for that sentence are unreliable sources, basically two news articles written by journalists. In contrast, several academic sources written by scholars refer to him as a samurai, like Encyclopedia Britannica or several sources at Google Scholar.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Jag85
@Chutebox said:

@Jag85: I'm trying to figure out why he keeps saying white japanese... I think he means an actual Japanese person... but with white skin?

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't speak English... Sounds like he's typing from Google Translate.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Pedro

@Jag85 said:
@Chutebox said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't speak English... Sounds like he's typing from Google Translate.

His native language is English. You have a tendency to make these assumptions. I wonder why?🤔

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

This is what I'm gonna say here and for once in my gaming life, I don't often or rather rarely talk about wokeness but today, I'll make it exception.

As someone who isn't white and knows a little international history, Yasuke himself was never ever a Samurai, but was a real historical figure. This is Ubisoft once again trying to do something stupid and this is what we called pandering here to the people of color, not the actual AC fans. Ubisoft knew damn well they could have used any Japanese Samurai but choose the wrong person.

Normally, I don't have a problem Blacks playing certain characters in movies or games but this is pretty much an insult to Yasuke himself. If Ubisoft wanted to have a Black Samurai, I would have took the ideas of using fictional Blacks like Afro Samurai as he was a badass Black Samurai I really like...especially his own game was dope.

But overall, Ubisoft drop the ball on this one. Only Ubisoft game I'm still looking forward is Star Wars: Outlaws.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pedro

@davillain said:

This is what I'm gonna say here and for once in my gaming life, I don't often or rather rarely talk about wokeness but today, I'll make it exception.

As someone who isn't white and knows a little international history, Yasuke himself was never ever a Samurai, but was a real historical figure. This is Ubisoft once again trying to do something stupid and this is what we called pandering here to the people of color, not the actual AC fans. Ubisoft knew damn well they could have used any Japanese Samurai but choose the wrong person.

Normally, I don't have a problem Blacks playing certain characters in movies or games but this is pretty much an insult to Yasuke himself. If Ubisoft wanted to have a Black Samurai, I would have took the ideas of using fictional Blacks like Afro Samurai as he was a badass Black Samurai I really like...especially his own game was dope.

But overall, Ubisoft drop the ball on this one. Only Ubisoft game I'm still looking forward is Star Wars: Outlaws.

It is my understanding there is no confirmation or rejection to his samurai status. How is this an insult Yasuke? Why would it be better to use a fictional character than a real one?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Jag85
@davillain said:

Yasuke himself was never ever a Samurai

Do you have a reliable academic source to back up this claim?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

@Jag85: I've only learned Yasuke little of him during my international history class in high school, I ever bother looking elsewhere on the internet. All I remember is that Yasuke was a Retainer right? Weren't Retainers just servants and not Samurai?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#91  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34752 Posts

Even the title screams originality.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Pedro

@davillain said:

@Jag85: I've only learned Yasuke little of him during my international history class in high school, I ever bother looking elsewhere on the internet. All I remember is that Yasuke was a Retainer right? Weren't Retainers just servants and not Samurai?

Source. Centuries ago, feudal states were present in Japan. The feudal lords, called daimyo, felt a lack of protection. They needed someone heroic to protect them everywhere. In that era, samurais were the upper-ranked heroes. So, the culture of assigning a personal samurai to protect a daimyo started. This personal Samurai is them.

Samurai retainers are specially trained military with no fear of dying. They believed in death for heroism rather than life with cowardliness. Samurai retainers always had to be honest, active, and dutiful.

Despite being a strong person, a retainer had to follow the orders of his lord always. Because he is a retainer, after all. And, the clearer synonym for the word retainer is a slave. They had to be always ready to die for the master. They were the upper-class superheroes with lower-class ranking. Learn Now: Culture Complex Examples

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#93 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59291 Posts

I have nothing against black people (Davillain is one my friends list) (we never talk), but it seems wrong that everyone is Japan has been hit with the woke stick to try turn them into pick haired Western people.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#94  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

Seems like this could be pandering or virtue signaling but a.) I'm not black and b.) I enjoyed The Last Samurai and Shogun, so therefore I don't really have any place to be critical I guess.

*shrug*

Moving on.

I do enjoy how this might offend some Japanese though, those people have a history of not being very welcoming of dark-skinned folks. Just to stir things up. I don't think anyone should really read into this too much lol.

@uninspiredcup said:

I have nothing against black people (Davillain is one my friends list) (we never talk), but it seems wrong that everyone is Japan has been hit with the woke stick to try turn them into pick haired Western people.

Eh, no worse than Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai or Blackthorne in Shogun.

It's all kind of preposterous that a foreigner is made a samurai, so really people either should have an issue with it all, or no issue at all.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 uninspiredcup  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:

Seems like this could be pandering or virtue signaling but a.) I'm not black and b.) I enjoyed The Last Samurai and Shogun, so therefore I don't really have any place to be critical I guess.

*shrug*

Moving on.

I do enjoy how this might offend some Japanese though, those people have a history of not being very welcoming of dark-skinned folks. Just to stir things up. I don't think anyone should really read into this too much lol.

@uninspiredcup said:

Eh, no worse than Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai or Blackthorne in Shogun.

It's all kind of preposterous that a foreigner is made a samurai, so really people either should have an issue with it all, or no issue at all.

Both of these are designed to view Japan through a Western lense.

Because we are far too racist as a culture to actually watch a movie with subtitles.

The truth is, and people don't like to hear it, we are very uncultured.

Instead of viewing Japan through a Japanese lense, we are enforcing our own culture on them, both Tom Cruise pretending to be a Japanese man, and attempting to "wokafy Japan, because some developer at Ubisoft hangs around Resetera listening to mentally ill people.

Overall, if I was Japanese, I'd be very angry right now.

Thankfully this is Assassins' Creed and it will be a bad game by default.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 955 Posts

So... "whitewashing" is a problem, but "blackwashing" suddenly isnt?

I mean, I know all about that story about the black samurai and all but when Nioh had William that was also based on a historical figure there were people complaining still. Wonder if they'll do the same now...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

🤣🤣🤣IMAGINE CALLING THIS AN ASSCREED GAME🤣🤣🤣

And while watching this, all it did is remind me how talented Sony's first party studios are. GoT from ages ago is pretty much guaranteed to look better than this, have a superior combat system and have way better animations.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Fedor

@vatususreturns said:

I mean, I know all about that story about the black samurai and all but when Nioh had William that was also based on a historical figure there were people complaining still. Wonder if they'll do the same now...

People are already complaining about AC though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

btw don't be surprised if she is a lesbian that has a brother that is transitioning into a woman. I cannot wait to do side quests that make me do shopping for a god damn dress for his brother, all while having a couple of $10 Time Savers active. Holy shit these games are predictably dogshit🤢

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@vatususreturns said:

To me, this feels like the black person has been reduced to a marketing gimmick. We are talking about it. So it's a success.

Remember watching an indie movie once where the main character was a black guy, but they didn't make him being black the gimmick. He just happened to be black.

He had a pal called "Whistler", who was like his dad. Even though he was white. And they never highlighted it at any point. And the audience didn't care.

When Whistler was left almost dead by Frost he didn't cry either when Kurt Cobain himself.

When he fought the white guy who got extra KI suddenly at no point did he use the N word.