Assassins Creed 3- Disappointing?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
I haven't gotten to try it out yet, but the one friend I have that did already purchase played about two hours the day he got it, then went back to playing XCOM, which I took as a worrying sign. Honestly, I think some people saw a new Assassin, trees, and boats and thought "OMGRevolution!!!" when the game sounds like more of the same from a series that only produced one great game. Not that the series can't be enjoyable, it's just (like pretty much every yearly series) you really need to manage your expectations.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

I'm glad I saved my money.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#53 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
I haven't gotten to try it out yet, but the one friend I have that did already purchase played about two hours the day he got it, then went back to playing XCOM, which I took as a worrying sign. Honestly, I think some people saw a new Assassin, trees, and boats and thought "OMGRevolution!!!" when the game sounds like more of the same from a series that only produced one great game. Not that the series can't be enjoyable, it's just (like pretty much every yearly series) you really need to manage your expectations. santoron
It actually feels very different from the previous games, especially AC2 and Brotherhood. It does feel like an AC game at its core, but that core is buried beneath a buttload of set pieces and explosive moments. For me, AC needs to have some stealth. AC3 had next to none, and the little it did have was broken and felt unneeded. I still enjoyed the game, but in many ways it let me down. I'd put this near the top of my Most Disappointing Games of 2013 list if I ever made one.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Yeah totally.. And Its not just that there is five games, its that there has been five games in five years.

Remember when it took a really long time for something to come out? That allowed time for the industry to change and for developers to come up with great new ideas and push things forward. Now that we get stuff every year every big series feels like Madden or FIFA. Yearly updates with a bunch of stuff thats a little different, but its just overall improvement of the same game not an entirely new one.

Because of this games that are 4-5 years old even just from this generation feel anchient and outdated because that same game is just being updated yearly rather than something new given to us to where we remember older releases more fondly for what it did differently than the current releases we are receiving

For example, game like Super Mario World and A Link to the Past are remembered as some of the best games of the 16 bit generation, even though they came out within like the first year that it really started. If that generation operated the same way ours does then Super Mario world 2 and 3 would have come out the next 2-3 years and been just a little bit of an improvement to make the original feel outdated. At the sacrifice of games like Star fox and Yoshis Island being made as well because hey the big series are more important than making new ones

FrozenLiquid

So true. I can understand why Ubisoft is doing it though. I think I posted this in the AC3 hype thread, but Ubisoft spent $1 billion in operating costs last year, and only made $48 million dollars profit. That's a 4% profit margin, and that really sucks for a software company. That's supermarket level profit margins, and supermarkets require you to return every week for their business so it's fine. I dunno how Ubisoft is going to break out of its high budget development strategy. They are cornered, really, because people do buy their games, and risking at a billion dollars over a small profit margin could be fatal. Maybe they can reposition themselves during the next-gen transition.

Jeez. I think you just listed a lot of good reasons why it would be stupid next gen for MS and Sony to ramp up console power a crazy amount. If Ubisoft can barely stay afloat like that now, then we'll have nothing left except EA and Activision by the time ps4 and nextbox are through.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I see no point in reading the article. I will judge for myself soon enough because I am getting the game for my youngest daughter.FrozenLiquid
Was that suppose to be funny? lol

Um.....what? I don't understand what you mean. I don't see what part of what I said could even be seen as funny.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Hmmmm, after reading through this thread, I think I might try to talk my daughter into getting the Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy bundle instead of AC3 and pick AC3 up when it is $20.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Hardly disappointing, since I enjoy the character, combat, music & game design overall. Haven't reached the ending yet (heard it was crap), but since I've prepared for that, I won't be disappoint.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts
I maybe blame myself for overhyping some games however AC3 is beyond satisfying and yes its one of the best games of the year... theres so much to do in such a beautifully fleshed out environment. What more could you want.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#59 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Okay I'm on sequnce 8 or so (no spoilers please) and while the game is good, I feel it's lacking. For one my biggest issue is the that they give you this HUGE world to wander in, but it has nothing to do in it. Aside from hunting and attacking convoys, what else is there? There are all these villages but they serve no purpose. Very disappointing to me.

Also the combat is super easy, no challenge. But still the game is good, it looks and runs great, I love the new engine. And I love the setting, though it is a little buggy at times, especially in some cut scenes where the characteres don't open their mouth.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#61 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

@ free milk

Thanks for giving away the ending jack ass!

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

I was going to delete my post.I dont know why you qouted me :(

morattorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 morattorm
Member since 2012 • 30 Posts
Am other only person who though AC1 was amazing? Sure it got horribly repetitive after awhile but all the actual assassinations were great. It was a bold game for its time and deserves a bit more love IMO then it gets. Haven't played AC3 yet, waiting for the wii u version but I'm looking forward to it. Just keep seeing people laud AC2 and dump on the game that made AC2 possible and had to come to its defense.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
I'm really enjoying it, so I would not consider it disappointing, but I must wonder where the series will go from here will they make a Connor Trilogy(Please No!!), or will they finally abandon the Demond story and just make independent stories in different time periods. I do hope they tackle the Civil War one day, but I bet the French Revolution is next.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Just finished the story with full sync (so many frustrating objectives) and the epilogues. Of course the ending sucked, big surprise.

I was looking forward to finally start the end game content until.

STUPID PIVOTS.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

Am other only person who though AC1 was amazing? Sure it got horribly repetitive after awhile but all the actual assassinations were great. It was a bold game for its time and deserves a bit more love IMO then it gets. Haven't played AC3 yet, waiting for the wii u version but I'm looking forward to it. Just keep seeing people laud AC2 and dump on the game that made AC2 possible and had to come to its defense. morattorm

This.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
I'm actually now having way more fun with the game after finishing the storyline. Kinda seems like the story missions didn't give enough opportunity to explore all the new aspects of the game.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
somewhat disappointing, much better than other AC games in the past in terms of story, par for the course as far as Assassin's Creed games go for gameplay, it's glitchy but not so bad it's frustrating, and has some really good moments, for instance I love the naval ship battles, I like the idea of building the homestead but they take too long for you to really develop it to where you can produce, also there's way to much of the map that can't be mapped out by doing the simple syncing from high points and that makes on foot exploration tedious at times, trading is far too costly to even make a buck on, developing things to ship takes more money than you can sell them for and really only seems useful for developing special items and items for delivery missions overall it's worth playing if you've played all the AC games up until now, as (though I'm not done) this should conclude the major story but there's still a lot of potential with the series as far as the animus goes in some ways it's disappointing just because of all the hype it has gotten, that doesn't mean it isn't a good game
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

After playing this game I think I'm done with the series. It hasn't evolved at all (and in some aspects, has devolved - is that a word?) from Assassin's Creed 2. I feel like I've spent most of the game running from place to place, combat is boring as usual, and the plot is once again completely nonsensical. Yep, I've had enough.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#71 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
The one thing I will say is trying to get 100% sync'd on missions involving stealth is annoying as hell. Also I had trouble controlling Haytham (in combat) more than Connor (I'm on sequence 5 right now). That was probably just me getting use to the controls. Another thing that's annoying are some of the optional sync opjectives where you have to use your gun because the gun is horribly accurate, taking forever to load. Besides that I'm loving the games atmosphere and scope. I really like hunting.
CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

i really like the game, though playing as an indian kinda threw me off