Assassin Creed Unity graphics impressive or not? New screens

• 50 results
#1 Edited by CroidX (1138 posts) -

new screenshots of the game

#2 Posted by BldgIrsh (2695 posts) -

Sure, if it wasn't being made by Ubisoft. Downgrading confirmed.

#3 Posted by Wasdie (50002 posts) -

They look great now, let's see how they look at launch and actually running on the actual consoles.

#4 Posted by DarthRamms (543 posts) -

Nothing too technically impressive about it look better than the last one but yea if its like any other AC no day one for me.

#5 Posted by chelisrad (10 posts) -

They are in the video.

#6 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

I'm not impressed by them.

#7 Posted by TheFadeForever (1832 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

#8 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11921 posts) -

Graphics king 2014.

#9 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

not

#10 Posted by WallofTruth (1748 posts) -

They look a lot worse than what was shown initially.

#11 Edited by silversix_ (14803 posts) -

bullshots with no aliasing and even these don't look good.

#12 Posted by nutcrackr (12642 posts) -

Looks ok for a large open-world game

#13 Edited by LustForSoul (5887 posts) -

I don't know, what's the framerate and res? What will be the final result? Ubisoft never shows the final product until release, as we know.

#14 Edited by SteXmaN (453 posts) -

Better than InFamous

#15 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8208 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

They look great now, let's see how they look at launch and actually running on the actual consoles.

#16 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3853 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Wasdie said:

#17 Posted by xscrapzx (6414 posts) -

To be honest I have always been impressed with what they have done with the AC series. I know that in almost every game there is some screen tearing, and the tendency for pop out of objects, but overall I think they really try to get the most of what they are trying to do and put a lot of detail in their work. Some people may think differently and say that it is garbage and downgraded, but I appreciate the amount of detail they put into the AC series.

#18 Edited by Couth_ (10182 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Wasdie said:

Pretty sure you guys didn't even look at them.. They look awful

#19 Edited by hehe101 (783 posts) -

honestly, no

#20 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6236 posts) -

My initial impressions are it looks great... but I'll reserve judgement until I see the final product.

#21 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@CroidX: Unfortunately these days the finished products never look like the screenshots that were shown.

#22 Posted by Bigboi500 (30094 posts) -

Looks great.

#23 Posted by blamix99 (2063 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

Better than InFamous

it look's great, and the game will be better than Infamous SS for sure maybe. but if your saying this graphics looks better than infamous SS, i don't agree. i think infamous SS looks better

#24 Edited by Liquid_ (2785 posts) -

they wont be spectacular until they forget about last gen and focus on next gen.

#25 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

It'll probably look amazing on PC(ultra), better than any console game. But We gotta see how well it looks/runs on consoles to see how well they did.

#26 Posted by chernoalpha527 (168 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

Better than InFamous

The character models finally look better.

#27 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2746 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

#28 Posted by happyduds77 (1488 posts) -

Looks as good as The Last Of Us but with some proper AA.

#29 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

Better than InFamous

but but ....but the downgrade.....

#30 Edited by blangenakker (2393 posts) -

@SteXmaN: I think I saw a bit of stealth in that video

#31 Edited by Speak_Low (1097 posts) -

People on GAF were mad that the AC: Unity trailer shown yesterday at Gamescom was "more CG crap"

WRONG. Proof that the AC: Unity graphics and engine were excellent enough to fool the fools. It's great seeing people be wrong.

#32 Posted by jman1553 (1318 posts) -

Once again Ubisoft pulls the old "E3 bullshit" switcharoo.

#33 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3728 posts) -

Downgrade to hit 1080p at any cost I guess , since rumors said the game is sub HD . I wasn't expecting downgrade from Ubisoft's beloved franchise ie- AC , even though Ubisoft guys are kings of downgrade . The game still looks good though .

It also proves those people wrong who said "but but but next gen only , no downgrade . Teh power held back by Ps360" .

#34 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1751 posts) -

Fake pics that dont even look good. AC casual series, poop gameplay. They will sell millions of course, casuals love.

#35 Posted by PAL360 (26939 posts) -

Impressive if it runs at 1080p60, or at worse 1080p30. If the rumors about it being 720p turn to be true, then it would be a joke for current standards.

#36 Posted by heguain (669 posts) -

AC4 graphics looked impressive...so?

#37 Posted by uninspiredcup (9006 posts) -

The graphics have been terrific since Assassins Creed 3. Sadly, it has no challenge and thus, isn't a game.

#38 Edited by shadiezz2012 (2595 posts) -

no, not impressive at all and what worse they will get downgraded just like all Ubisoft games

#39 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -

It's very impressive. Those who say there's a downgrade, it's placebo. By far the best graphics game in the series.

#40 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@Cloud_imperium said:

Downgrade to hit 1080p at any cost I guess , since rumors said the game is sub HD . I wasn't expecting downgrade from Ubisoft's beloved franchise ie- AC , even though Ubisoft guys are kings of downgrade . The game still looks good though .

It also proves those people wrong who said "but but but next gen only , no downgrade . Teh power held back by Ps360" .

PS360 was holding back graphics. Ask any developer in the industry. And where is the downgrade? Show me specifically.

#41 Posted by Effec_Tor (319 posts) -

They don't look very good at all

#42 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

Looks great

#43 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

Oh God the compression!

#44 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3853 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Wasdie said:

They look great in the context of non-bullshot, console footage. I don't think you remember how games actually look in screenshots.

It will end up looking worse, of course.

#45 Posted by Soethi6 (87 posts) -

I just want 1080p.

#46 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151500 posts) -

They look good. Not sure why AC gets the hate it does....

#47 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7496 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

#48 Edited by Couth_ (10182 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Couth_ said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Wasdie said:

They look great in the context of non-bullshot, console footage. I don't think you remember how games actually look in screenshots.

Not sure you looked at them either. You have to click on the image. Click the last one and look at the guys face, who is sitting on the bench. These look bad... The foliage is bad, the character models are bad and the resolution is bad. It looks worse than AC4

Ubi is gassing up the fanbase with talk of a new engine and new gameplay mechanics.. Gameplay looks like the same old crap and graphics somehow look worse. There does seem to be more. More attention to deail. More people on screen. More rubble and things on the ground, more dirt and such on walls. But all around the game looks worse

#49 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3853 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Couth_ said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Wasdie said:

Not sure you looked at them either. You have to click on the image. Click the last one and look at the guys face, who is sitting on the bench. These look bad... The foliage is bad, the character models are bad and the resolution is bad. It looks worse than AC4

Ubi is gassing up the fanbase with talk of a new engine and new gameplay mechanics.. Gameplay looks like the same old crap and graphics somehow look worse. There does seem to be more. More attention to deail. More people on screen. More rubble and things on the ground, more dirt and such on walls. But all around the game looks worse

You're right. This one is on me.

I apologize for selling the skin before shooting the bear this time.

This one is decent though:

#50 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

Why look like cartoon now, like Dishonored and Bioshock infinite. I do not like this style.