Assassin Creed 4 Gameplay

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

*yawn*

Ubisoft blows. Wake me up when God Theft Auto V is out.

NathanDrakeSwag

Can you be a pirate in god theft auto? Day 1 this game, all because I love pirate games! And that ship gameplay looks awesome, whale hunting ^^

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#52 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

*yawn*

ramonnl

Can you be a pirate in god theft auto? Day 1 this game, all because I love pirate games! And that ship gameplay looks awesome, whale hunting ^^

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a pirate costume in the game, lol.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

*yawn*

ramonnl

Mods. :cool:
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

Still looks like a PS3 game though. It's not looking like the PS4 or XBone are improving in a technical sense that much. Why do people care so much about graphics?

AM-Gamer

Its hard to see any diffrence when you look at highly compressed youtube videos.  Im not sure why people dont understand that.

No matter. The difference between a PS2 and PS3 game is very clear.

The difference between a PS3 and PS4 game isn't clear at all, even when not viewed on compressed youtube videos.

You really can't ask for much more.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Why no 1080p youtube.

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Only room for one open world game from Ubisoft this year, and it's not AC4.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] Which is possible using current gen PC hardware. I know that people like to say that PC doesn't have gens, but Far Cry 3 is a current gen game that is best on PC, and it looks almost as good as AC4 (so far).AM-Gamer

And lets not forget that AC3 on PC (and ACIV will) supports Nvidia TXAA.

DF already said the ps4 version of ac4 looked better then the pc version of ac3 on max, so i expect it looks good.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts
Look great for launch game especial. I thought was tired of franchise after last one, but this look very different and exciting. Amaze that ubi has resource to pump new one every year on all system, and quality is pretty good. I would like next one to be all next gen only, and fuedal japan ninja theme, or aztec indian temple/jungle theme. I am surprise that no ninja japan version yet.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] Which is possible using current gen PC hardware. I know that people like to say that PC doesn't have gens, but Far Cry 3 is a current gen game that is best on PC, and it looks almost as good as AC4 (so far).AM-Gamer

And lets not forget that AC3 on PC (and ACIV will) supports Nvidia TXAA.

DF already said the ps4 version of ac4 looked better then the pc version of ac3 on max, so i expect it looks good.

Not as good as AC4 on the PC i'll bet. Unless the PS4 can do 1440p+ resolutions all of a sudden.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

meh...

im buying it on wiiU but only to support ubisoft....this and watchdogs look like a bore to me...

i played like an hour of AC 3 on wiiU.... its a good game but...idk...if nintendo isnt making it...i get biased :P

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

Looks exactly like every other AC game in existence, which, after the first game, were just expansions on a perfectly simple idea with some new gimmick to help sell a new game. This time around, it's piloting a sailboat. AC was the best AC. It actually made one feel like an assassin, and not just some dude who runs around in funny clothes.foxhound_fox

See, I don't get this. The same could be said about nearly every franchise in existence. The gameplay in Assassin's Creed has evolved and changed quite a bit. 

Take a game like Uncharted, which is a great franchise in my opinion--there really isn't any dramatic changes to its gameplay across the four games in the franchise. Look at Dead Space, Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Killzone, or pretty much any other franchise...there isn't any more dramatic gameplay changes in those franchises than in the Assassin's Creed games. In fact, I would argue Assassin's Creed has had more changes than some of those franchises.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kalipekona

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Pretty much because it is. It still has to adhere to the limitations of PS3/360/WiiU.

Hopefully the next "true" AC will show off some next gen might. And at the rate they release, we shouldn't have to wait that long....

balfe1990

lol looks like a current gen game? you got to be kidding me..

There's some nice effects and everything, but this is certainly not mind-blowing material. Things just look sharper and cleaner, and there's noticeably btter textures, albeit nothing ground-breaking. Tell me, what looks so "next-gen" about it?

Sharper and cleaner? No it doesn't. That sounds like the way casual gamers describe things. AC3 on a PC with good anti-aliasing and at 1920 x 1080 resolution looks sharper and cleaner than this video. We're not even going to notice the bump in resolution on a low quality video, though. 

This looks better due to better textures, higher poly counts, more advanced effects, better water, physics driven interactive vegetation, better shadow quality...you know, the kind of stuff we normally measure graphics by.

Considering how massive the world is, I'd say it looks quite impressive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] lol looks like a current gen game? you got to be kidding me.. kalipekona

There's some nice effects and everything, but this is certainly not mind-blowing material. Things just look sharper and cleaner, and there's noticeably btter textures, albeit nothing ground-breaking. Tell me, what looks so "next-gen" about it?

Sharper and cleaner? No it doesn't. That sounds like the way casual gamers describe things. AC3 on a PC with good anti-aliasing and at 1920 x 1080 resolution looks sharper and cleaner than this video. We're not even going to notice the bump in resolution on a low quality video, though. 

This looks better due to better textures, higher poly counts, more advanced effects, better water, physics driven interactive vegetation, better shadow quality...you know, the kind of stuff we normally measure graphics by.

Digital Foundry said that this game on PS4 looks better then Assassins Creed 3 on PC maxxed out so

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kalipekona

Still looks like a PS3 game though. It's not looking like the PS4 or XBone are improving in a technical sense that much. Why do people care so much about graphics?

GeoffZak

Because not all people are as imperceptive as you seem to be. You think this looks like a PS3 game, which shows you don't appreciate game visuals or understand their technical underpinnings. Of course you wouldn't appreciate nice visuals when you can't even differentiate very large graphical differences.

Graphics don't make a game, but they do make a great game even better.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kalipekona

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

xboxiphoneps3

Digital Foundry said that this game on PS4 looks better then Assassins Creed 3 on PC maxxed out so

And they are right. I have AC3 on PC and it does have better textures, better shadow quality, and quite a few other enhancements over the console versions, but it still doesn't look as good as AC4. Many of the core visual elements are improved in AC4--from better foliage to more complex geometry to higher quality alpha textures to better water shaders and better environment textures.

megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for the current-gen versions of this and WatchDogs. 

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#68 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Last gen graphics at 1080 being watched on a 720 blurry utube vid. great.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#69 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Wow, that looks awesome!

ramonnl

And we get to visit Kingston!!! Coolyfett will get this game.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#70 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

meh...

im buying it on wiiU but only to support ubisoft....this and watchdogs look like a bore to me...

i played like an hour of AC 3 on wiiU.... its a good game but...idk...if nintendo isnt making it...i get biased :P

KBFloYd

Are you sure you buying it so support Ubisoft or to support 3rd Party on a Nintendo console??

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
After spending $60 on AC3 I will not be doing that again, $5-10 on Steam Sale sure. I dont care if this game gets a 10/10, because after playing AC3 i felt like the developers did not know why AC2 was so great, because everything good was gone.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
, but the only AC i played was the first one, which was absolutely terrible and this looks like leagues ahead of the first one... So maybe thats whyxboxiphoneps3
Maybe? No, that's exactly why. Play II, BH, RV and III and you'll see what we are talking about.
Have you guys played AC1 recently? parkurtommo
Yep, played it again after finishing Revelations (along with the Secret Crusade novel invigorating my interest in Altaïr). I played it about year after it came out originally, and it is still my favorite in the series. It focuses on assassinations, which the other games don't do. It is the worst "game" in the series, but the best "Assassin's Creed".
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Why do people care so much about graphics?GeoffZak
Because the average gamer has become conditioned to lump aesthetics and technical graphics into the same line of thought. So the industry has responded by creating games with wonderful technical graphics and poor aesthetics.
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Looks exactly like every other AC game in existence, which, after the first game, were just expansions on a perfectly simple idea with some new gimmick to help sell a new game. This time around, it's piloting a sailboat. AC was the best AC. It actually made one feel like an assassin, and not just some dude who runs around in funny clothes.kalipekona

See, I don't get this. The same could be said about nearly every franchise in existence. The gameplay in Assassin's Creed has evolved and changed quite a bit. 

Take a game like Uncharted, which is a great franchise in my opinion--there really isn't any dramatic changes to its gameplay across the four games in the franchise. Look at Dead Space, Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Killzone, or pretty much any other franchise...there isn't any more dramatic gameplay changes in those franchises than in the Assassin's Creed games. In fact, I would argue Assassin's Creed has had more changes than some of those franchises.

True, but those franchises do not come out every year like AC. That is where the fatigue quickly grows in.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Only played a little of Brotherhood and skipped the next two but I might just buy this one when it gets cheap just for the pirate gameplay.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

meh...

Coolyfett

Are you sure you buying it so support Ubisoft or to support 3rd Party on a Nintendo console??

both...but really for ubisoft.

are you getting this game? why?

Avatar image for kingcobrasoccer
kingcobrasoccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 kingcobrasoccer
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts

Wow, that looks awesome!

ramonnl
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Pirates.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
[QUOTE="ramonnl"]

Wow, that looks awesome!

kingcobrasoccer

i know right! for a launch game aswell it looks fantastic, and im sure the game engines arent even fully optimized/devs havent learned how to use the hardware fully in the PS4 yet(obviously though lol) i cant wait what games will look like 2 years from now on PS4
ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

[QUOTE="kingcobrasoccer"][QUOTE="ramonnl"]

Wow, that looks awesome!

xboxiphoneps3

i know right! for a launch game aswell it looks fantastic, and im sure the game engines arent even fully optimized/devs havent learned how to use the hardware fully in the PS4 yet(obviously though lol) i cant wait what games will look like 2 years from now on PS4

Not just talking about the graphics (those are pretty good), but the gameplay looks reallly fun!
Love the pirate ship, and the whale hunting and those storms :shock: 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="kingcobrasoccer"]ramonnl

Not just talking about the graphics (those are pretty good), but the gameplay looks reallly fun!
Love the pirate ship, and the whale hunting and those storms :shock: 

oh yeah i know, leaping across to other boats killing their captains and stuff, looks amazing, i wonder if you can just explore the world and go whereever you want to go, as far as you can go, etc. that would be amazing... the forests and trees really look amazing from afar and it really gives that Carribean feeling in the islands
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#82 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Pirates.

Clock-w0rk

That>Ass Creed 4.

MGS2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MGS2007
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

Meh.

Mr_BillGates

1+ Another ac game big whoop. Starting to turn into cod with it's yearly releases.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

As much as I loved the AC series, after brotherhood it just got lost on what it actually was. Instead of trying to stick with what made the franchise great to begin with, they tried too hard to tinker with things and make it more of a testing pod than anything. In Assassins Creed 3 they took out all of the mystery and all the puizzles that made the game great. Being an Assassin in number 3 just felt like a complete joke. Everyone knew who you were, and the whole secrecy to the creed and the assassins in general was completely gone. On top of that Connor was awful as the main character. Not only that the time period just was not right for this game. Going way back in time made the story a little more believable in a way because there was so much mystery to begin with in those times with Ezio. Now they are sticking with this time period and just moving on with an aspect of the game that everyone like, boats. Its time to move on Ubisoft.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_gqrF3BjYo

BTW this is running on PS4

this game looks millions times better then the 1st AC which left a terrible taste in my mouth of the series and what i think about it... but this game right here actually looks amazing, great big open world, fantastic graphics, alots to do... i just hope developers still dont gimp out on story line completion and games not being only 20 hours long etc. 

came out about a week ago or so, i have watched it a few times because i think it looks amazing, they really are aiming for that Carribean feel and the feeling of actually being there... game looks so sick

for a launch game this game looks amazing

xboxiphoneps3
Looks like it's running on two titans.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

guys ive never played an assasins creed game . would you recommend it?

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
Not even close to being interested and I still don't get how people are claiming this game looks "amazing."
BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

Ribnarak
yes multiplayer is good but the story from 2 to revelations is really good.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
Not even close to being interested and I still don't get how people are claiming this game looks "amazing."22Toothpicks
Ya nothing for nothing, it looks like any other AC game. Although I will say, take away screen tearing and the occasional image pop in, AC in my opinion has always been pretty good graphics wise.
darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

this game looks millions times better then the 1st AC which left a terrible taste in my mouth of the series and what i think about it... but this game right here actually looks amazing, great big open world, fantastic graphics, alots to do... i just hope developers still dont gimp out on story line completion and games not being only 20 hours long etc. 

came out about a week ago or so, i have watched it a few times because i think it looks amazing, they really are aiming for that Carribean feel and the feeling of actually being there... game looks so sick

xboxiphoneps3
more gameplay here ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lSHnI_bhQ
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#91 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Looks amazing, much more fun than GTA V

Davekeeh
Must feel good having shitty taste.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#92 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Ribnarak
1, 2, and Brotherhood are the only games worth playing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]

darkangel115

damage control,way to post a older video then what i posted LOL!!!!  and no AC4 gameplay footage no where to be found running on XB1, only PS4, :lol:

which matches up with what Digital Foundry and Ubisoft Reflections said about the PS4 SDK being about right where it needs to be while they still are optimizing and trying to get more performance out the XB1 SDK

"In general, from a performance perspective, it seems that Sony's SDK is just about where it needs to be right now,in contrast to the Microsoft equivalent, where techs are still working on very significant improvements that will drive improved GPU throughput."

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 darkangel115

[QUOTE="darkangel115"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]

xboxiphoneps3

damage control,way to post a older video then what i posted LOL!!!!  and no AC4 gameplay footage no where to be found running on XB1, only PS4, :lol:

which matches up with what Digital Foundry and Ubisoft Reflections said about the PS4 SDK being about right where it needs to be while they still are optimizing and trying to get more performance out the XB1 SDK

"In general, from a performance perspective, it seems that Sony's SDK is just about where it needs to be right now,in contrast to the Microsoft equivalent, where techs are still working on very significant improvements that will drive improved GPU throughput."

yeah after your blind love for sony and blind hate for MS i looked at your topics. there all lying twisted topics favoring sony ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]

[QUOTE="darkangel115"] more gameplay here ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lSHnI_bhQdarkangel115

yeah after your blind love for sony and blind hate for MS i looked at your topics. there all lying twisted topics favoring sony ;)

sorry pal this is straight from DF, according to lemming logic, DF is always right...tough luck... i know the truth hurts you really bad but the truth is better then a lie :wink:
darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 darkangel115
[QUOTE="darkangel115"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]

xboxiphoneps3

sorry pal this is straight from DF, according to lemming logic, DF is always right...tough luck... i know the truth hurts you really bad but the truth is better then a lie :wink:

Lol like watch dogs is better on X1? http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=13270 or PS4 doesn't have 60FPS games http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-killzone-shadow-fall-demo-tech-analysis or the fact you can get a transfer rate of 192GB/s from the RAM to the CPU http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware when the PS4 is capped at 20 so please be smarter, your not doing yourself any favors here
krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts
I think gamersyde posted the same video, but the quality looked much better. it's a 600mb video. http://www.gamersyde.com/download_assassin_s_creed_iv_black_flag_commented_open_world_fr_-30448_en.html
krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts

GeoffZak
really? I think it looks much better than any open world game on the ps3/360. what open world games in your opinion look this good?
comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="darkangel115"] yeah after your blind love for sony and blind hate for MS i looked at your topics. there all lying twisted topics favoring sony ;)darkangel115

Lol like watch dogs is better on X1? http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=13270 or PS4 doesn't have 60FPS games http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-killzone-shadow-fall-demo-tech-analysis or the fact you can get a transfer rate of 192GB/s from the RAM to the CPU http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware when the PS4 is capped at 20 so please be smarter, your not doing yourself any favors here

1. Ubisoft was comparing next gen to current gen. (How many times does this have to be said?)

2.Gueriila games is opting for better visuals and effects so they have to make a sacrifice somewhere else (framerate).  BTW, 30fps is a perfectly playable framerate, IDK why everyone thinks that every game must play at 60fps.

3. The transfer rate from ram on PS4 is 176GB/s not capped at 20.  And MS's statement about the 192GB/s is purely theoretical and not based on actual fact.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="darkangel115"] yeah after your blind love for sony and blind hate for MS i looked at your topics. there all lying twisted topics favoring sony ;)darkangel115

Oh wow really? 192 GB/S to the 6 core Jaguar CPU? what happens to the graphics rendering then? where is the bandwidth for the GPU? 

192 GB/s is theoritcal and 132 GB/S is real world performance, still lower then the 176 GB/s RAM speed in the PS4.... try again

and no where in that Watch Dogs article did it say Xbox One version is better then the PS4 version so try again... point out to me in the article where it says that the Xbox One version will be superior to the PS4 version and i can agree with you on there. 

The 6 core Jaguar CPU cant come even close to using 132 GB/S per cycle in your logic if they applied more then half the systems bandwidth to the CPU and not the GPU LOL