Assassin Creed 4 Gameplay

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_gqrF3BjYo

BTW this is running on PS4

this game looks millions times better then the 1st AC which left a terrible taste in my mouth of the series and what i think about it... but this game right here actually looks amazing, great big open world, fantastic graphics, alots to do... i just hope developers still dont gimp out on story line completion and games not being only 20 hours long etc. 

came out about a week ago or so, i have watched it a few times because i think it looks amazing, they really are aiming for that Carribean feel and the feeling of actually being there... game looks so sick

for a launch game this game looks amazing

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Best open world game of the year for sure. GTA V who?

ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

Wow, that looks awesome!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Best open world game of the year for sure. GTA V who?

PhazonBlazer

GTA V most certainly will claim that title, i just wish Rockstar will release GTA V on next gen consoles, imagine the possibilities.... i was actually quite stunned the gameplay footage they revealed of GTA V was running on PS3, it looked really good

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Looks exactly like every other AC game in existence, which, after the first game, were just expansions on a perfectly simple idea with some new gimmick to help sell a new game. This time around, it's piloting a sailboat. AC was the best AC. It actually made one feel like an assassin, and not just some dude who runs around in funny clothes.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Yeah, I've seen this.  It's gone from off my radar, to the most hyped game for me right now.  Want this more than Watch Dogs or GTA V

ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ramonnl

That gameplay was also running on the ps4!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Looks exactly like every other AC game in existence, which, after the first game, were just expansions on a perfectly simple idea with some new gimmick to help sell a new game. This time around, it's piloting a sailboat. AC was the best AC. It actually made one feel like an assassin, and not just some dude who runs around in funny clothes.foxhound_fox
this feels like it has alot more depth and strategic elements though then previous AC, combined with next gen hardware power, should prove to be a fun experience imo, having the day/nigth time cycles with other next gen effects etc.. itll be sick

trees sway when you walk through them etc, little touches like that are MUCH appreciated and adds immersiveness dramatically

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Meh.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GOGOGOGURT

Looks exactly like every other AC game in existence, which, after the first game, were just expansions on a perfectly simple idea with some new gimmick to help sell a new game. This time around, it's piloting a sailboat. AC was the best AC. It actually made one feel like an assassin, and not just some dude who runs around in funny clothes.foxhound_fox

Music was best too.  And I actually like the artstyle best.  Remember walking into Jerusalem for the fist time?  Holy crap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Yeah, I've seen this.  It's gone from off my radar, to the most hyped game for me right now.  Want this more than Watch Dogs or GTA V

GOGOGOGURT

i love how you can hijack ships and leap across from the top, so **** sick...

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Take out all that Assassin's Creed nonsense and make it a stand alone pirate game.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Old buddy.

Don't think it looks that great tbh. All of Ubisofts big new games are starting to resemble each other, it's almost formulaic.

Large open world, side missions, collectibles, "random" events and so on.(Watch Dogs, FC3, AC4, prob the Division). It just seems way too predictable to me. Instead of driving through a jungle or a city in a car, you're saling a big boat across open water from A to B.

I think I remember reading something liek that recently, Ubi basically said "Go big open-world, or go home".

Meh, had enough, GTA5 will be the only one to sate my appetite.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Meh, AC3 was enough for me and it'll easily look as good (probably better) on my PC, if i was gonna get it i'd get it on that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Old buddy.

Don't think it looks that great tbh. All of Ubisofts big new games are starting to resemble each other, it's almost formulaic.

Large open world, side missions, collectibles, "random" events and so on.(Watch Dogs, FC3, AC4, prob the Division). It just seems way too predictable to me. Instead of driving through a jungle or a city in a car, you're saling a big boat across open water from A to B.

I think I remember reading something liek that recently, Ubi basically said "Go big open-world, or go home".

Meh, had enough, GTA5 will be the only one to sate my appetite.

balfe1990
looks pretty fun, AC isnt the best series i know that, and defitnetly GTA V will be the best open world game by far
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

xboxiphoneps3

i love how you can hijack ships and leap across from the top, so **** sick...

I know!  I can't wait to hide in small inlets and amush spanish ships while I raise the Jolly Roger.  Then I'll capture their crew...

I'm going to watch Pirates of the Carribean before I play this.  Love pirates.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

Wow. That gameplay video has changed my hype level from -10% to 110%. It looks like the guys learned the mistakes they made with AC: Revelations and AC 3, fixed them and made a good and interesting game. Day 1 buy on PC for me.

Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Far_RockNYC
Member since 2012 • 1244 Posts

Looks like a current Gen game. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Looks amazing, much more fun than GTA V

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 balfe1990

Far_RockNYC

Pretty much because it is. It still has to adhere to the limitations of PS3/360/WiiU.

Hopefully the next "true" AC will show off some next gen might. And at the rate they release, we shouldn't have to wait that long....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="Far_RockNYC"]

balfe1990

Pretty much because it is. It still has to adhere to the limitations of PS3/360/WiiU.

Hopefully the next "true" AC will show off some next gen might. And at the rate they release, we shouldn't have to wait that long....

lol looks like a current gen game? you got to be kidding me..
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
wasn't this already posted like 10 times? Graphics looks good, pirate theme looks good, naval combat looks good, WAVES we finally have decent looking waves!!! looks good but core gameplay is as bad as it was since 07. I cannot get into a game where all you do is assassinate one target after another since 07, its boring as fk
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="Far_RockNYC"]

xboxiphoneps3

There's some nice effects and everything, but this is certainly not mind-blowing material. Things just look sharper and cleaner, and there's noticeably btter textures, albeit nothing ground-breaking. Tell me, what looks so "next-gen" about it?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
this feels like it has alot more depth and strategic elements though then previous AC, combined with next gen hardware power, should prove to be a fun experience imo, having the day/nigth time cycles with other next gen effects etc.. itll be sick

trees sway when you walk through them etc, little touches like that are MUCH appreciated and adds immersiveness dramatically

xboxiphoneps3
It really doesn't look much different from every other game in the series. I think you are approaching this with overzealous optimism and really aren't taking a good look at what is being presented. It literally looked like Revelations with sea travel/combat added in, set in the Caribbean rather than Istanbul. I haven't played ACIII yet, but the series really doesn't seem to be evolving, just adding new stuff to the old formula, without actually doing anything to make that fundamental formula feel fresh or different. The first AC game really captured their concept of "social stealth" and built a fairly solid game around it. ACII was a better "game" because it had such a huge variety of things to do, but the stealth and assassination elements took a back seat to all the other junk that distracted from the reason for playing them. Revelations and Brotherhood took this to a whole new level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] this feels like it has alot more depth and strategic elements though then previous AC, combined with next gen hardware power, should prove to be a fun experience imo, having the day/nigth time cycles with other next gen effects etc.. itll be sick

foxhound_fox
It really doesn't look much different from every other game in the series. I think you are approaching this with overzealous optimism and really aren't taking a good look at what is being presented. It literally looked like Revelations with sea travel/combat added in, set in the Caribbean rather than Istanbul. I haven't played ACIII yet, but the series really doesn't seem to be evolving, just adding new stuff to the old formula, without actually doing anything to make that fundamental formula feel fresh or different. The first AC game really captured their concept of "social stealth" and built a fairly solid game around it. ACII was a better "game" because it had such a huge variety of things to do, but the stealth and assassination elements took a back seat to all the other junk that distracted from the reason for playing them. Revelations and Brotherhood took this to a whole new level.

Maybe i am, but the only AC i played was the first one, which was absolutely terrible and this looks like leagues ahead of the first one... So maybe thats why
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Snugenz

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] this feels like it has alot more depth and strategic elements though then previous AC, combined with next gen hardware power, should prove to be a fun experience imo, having the day/nigth time cycles with other next gen effects etc.. itll be sick

xboxiphoneps3

Maybe i am, but the only AC i played was the first one, which was absolutely terrible and this looks like leagues ahead of the first one... So maybe thats why

Play AC3 and you'll lose most of that zeal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="balfe1990"]

balfe1990

There's some nice effects and everything, but this is certainly not mind-blowing material. Things just look sharper and cleaner, and there's noticeably btter textures, albeit nothing ground-breaking. Tell me, what looks so "next-gen" about it?

Looks quite great for a launch title, and the field of view and environment looks great... The trees and forests look legit and actually look lush and look like trees and forests
Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Far_RockNYC

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="Far_RockNYC"]

xboxiphoneps3

Yeah looks the same! 

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Looks really good! No 1080p though? The compressed resolution is about as good at watching a video in 480p.

It basically looks like what every other AC could've looked like if they actually paid more attention to the PC platform, except with teh foliage which looks awesome. The world size is awesome too. I'll probably get this one, I skipped AC3 for good reasons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] It really doesn't look much different from every other game in the series. I think you are approaching this with overzealous optimism and really aren't taking a good look at what is being presented. It literally looked like Revelations with sea travel/combat added in, set in the Caribbean rather than Istanbul. I haven't played ACIII yet, but the series really doesn't seem to be evolving, just adding new stuff to the old formula, without actually doing anything to make that fundamental formula feel fresh or different. The first AC game really captured their concept of "social stealth" and built a fairly solid game around it. ACII was a better "game" because it had such a huge variety of things to do, but the stealth and assassination elements took a back seat to all the other junk that distracted from the reason for playing them. Revelations and Brotherhood took this to a whole new level.Snugenz

Yeah probably, i dont think ima do that though
ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ramonnl

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] this feels like it has alot more depth and strategic elements though then previous AC, combined with next gen hardware power, should prove to be a fun experience imo, having the day/nigth time cycles with other next gen effects etc.. itll be sick

xboxiphoneps3

When the whale jumps out of the water, looked so much fun! and those dolphins (awesome fish/dolphins a.i)

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] lol looks like a current gen game? you got to be kidding me.. xboxiphoneps3

Looks quite great for a launch title, and the field of view and environment looks great... The trees and forests look legit and actually look lush and look like trees and forests

Believe me, this is the not the title that should be held as spearheading the plunge into the new generation.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] lol looks like a current gen game? you got to be kidding me.. xboxiphoneps3

Which is possible using current gen PC hardware. I know that people like to say that PC doesn't have gens, but Far Cry 3 is a current gen game that is best on PC, and it looks almost as good as AC4 (so far).
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Snugenz

parkurtommo

Which is possible using current gen PC hardware. I know that people like to say that PC doesn't have gens, but Far Cry 3 is a current gen game that is best on PC, and it looks almost as good as AC4 (so far).

And lets not forget that AC3 on PC (and ACIV will) supports Nvidia TXAA.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] It really doesn't look much different from every other game in the series. I think you are approaching this with overzealous optimism and really aren't taking a good look at what is being presented. It literally looked like Revelations with sea travel/combat added in, set in the Caribbean rather than Istanbul. I haven't played ACIII yet, but the series really doesn't seem to be evolving, just adding new stuff to the old formula, without actually doing anything to make that fundamental formula feel fresh or different. The first AC game really captured their concept of "social stealth" and built a fairly solid game around it. ACII was a better "game" because it had such a huge variety of things to do, but the stealth and assassination elements took a back seat to all the other junk that distracted from the reason for playing them. Revelations and Brotherhood took this to a whole new level.Snugenz

Or play AC Brotherhood and notice how much the series has improved since the first. Have you guys played AC1 recently? I played it when it was free with Revelations, It was basically it's sequels but with worse graphics, less things to do, bad voice acting, desaturated aesthetics, and from what I remember a pretty weird soundtrack that didn't really have anything tp do with the game's setting.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] Maybe i am, but the only AC i played was the first one, which was absolutely terrible and this looks like leagues ahead of the first one... So maybe thats whyparkurtommo

Or play AC Brotherhood and notice how much the series has improved since the first. Have you guys played AC1 recently? I played it when it was free with Revelations, It was basically it's sequels but with worse graphics, less things to do, bad voice acting, desaturated aesthetics, and from what I remember a pretty weird soundtrack that didn't really have anything tp do with the game's setting.

Don't get me wrong i enjoyed AC3, but much preferred AC2 and Brotherhood to it (never played Revelations).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

balfe1990

Believe me, this is the not the title that should be held as spearheading the plunge into the new generation.

Oh no defitnetly not, but the game still looks pretty impressive regardless
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

Don't get me wrong i enjoyed AC3, but much preferred AC2 and Brotherhood to it (never played Revelations).

Well I haven't played AC3, so I can't comment on that iteration in comparison to the first. But I really don't think the first AC can even compare to AC2 and Brotherhood. However Revelations wasn't very good imo, it had less content and seemed like a pure milkage sequel. And as far as side content goes it barely had anything :?.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] Looks quite great for a launch title, and the field of view and environment looks great... The trees and forests look legit and actually look lush and look like trees and forestsSnugenz

Ok park i know PC is the most powerful platform, trust me im not a stupid delusional console fanboy, PC is the strongest platform out there without a doubt
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
I got to start AC3 at some point will grab this next year at some point when its cheap
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

*yawn*

Ubisoft blows. Wake me up when God Theft Auto V is out.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] Which is possible using current gen PC hardware. I know that people like to say that PC doesn't have gens, but Far Cry 3 is a current gen game that is best on PC, and it looks almost as good as AC4 (so far).xboxiphoneps3

Ok park i know PC is the most powerful platform, trust me im not a stupid delusional console fanboy, PC is the strongest platform out there without a doubt

Yeah welllll when you compare Current gen PC games to next gen console games they aren't as impressive as a lot of people were expecting. The gap isn't as big as it was between last gen and current gen, or maybe I'm the delusional fanboy. :P
comptonst88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 comptonst88
Member since 2012 • 348 Posts

I cant wait to get my hands on a PS4 and this game.  Will be the first game I buy for next gen.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Still looks like a PS3 game though. It's not looking like the PS4 or XBone are improving in a technical sense that much. Why do people care so much about graphics?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] Looks quite great for a launch title, and the field of view and environment looks great... The trees and forests look legit and actually look lush and look like trees and forestsSnugenz

DF already said the ps4 version of ac4 looked better then the pc version of ac3 on max, so i expect it looks good.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Looks like a perfect game.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Still looks like a PS3 game though. It's not looking like the PS4 or XBone are improving in a technical sense that much. Why do people care so much about graphics?

GeoffZak

Its hard to see any diffrence when you look at highly compressed youtube videos.  Im not sure why people dont understand that.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Lol at 2:44.

A massive heavy ship apparently accelerates like a sport car.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

*yawn*

Ubisoft blows. Wake me up when God Theft Auto V is out.

NathanDrakeSwag
Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Far_RockNYC

Lol at 2:44.

A massive heavy ship apparently accelerates like a sport car.

Cyberdot

you saw that right, it just took OFF!