Armikrog successfully funded on kickstarter, coming to WiiU also.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

A little over a half hour ago, the kickstarter to the spirital successor to the clay motion adventure, The Neverhood, has ended its funding period successfully with $974,578, also making it to the WiiU version goal. Armikrog is about a space explorer named Tommynaut and his blind alien, talking dog named Beak-Beak as they crash land on a weird planet and end up locked in a mysterious fortress called Armikrog, thus the adventure begins.

So glad this has been funded successfully.

armikrog.jpg

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
sucks that this isn't going to get any attention as it's not a shooter and really isn't mainstream enough for SW to take notice. almost pooped myself when it was first announced though because the neverhood was the game to get me into the point and click adventure genre. excited to get my boxed edition too :)
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Wow, surprised it actually reached the goal when it had so little time left.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Good. I loved Earth Worm Jim.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I hope they bring this game to PS4. Don't know how difficult that would be but they can self-publish (like the Wii-U) so that has to be an appealing incentive. :D

LordOfPoms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LordOfPoms
Member since 2013 • 1138 Posts

I hope they bring this game to PS4. Don't know how difficult that would be but they can self-publish (like the Wii-U) so that has to be an appealing incentive. :D

DrRockso87
You're going to see a lot of indies go with the self publishing route because getting on consoles is so key to success. PC gamers are great, but there's such a large audience on consoles that they don't want to miss out. It's a good time to open your arms to indie.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Wow, surprised it actually reached the goal when it had so little time left.Shottayouth13-
Yep. Kickstarter tends to have those huge rices towards the very end of projects.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wanderer5

Would love to see Neverhood have a re-release. Don't know where my disc is, through probably wouldn't run well on windows 7 anyway. Shame they can't seem to do that at this point.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

Would love to see Neverhood have a re-release. Don't know where my disc is, through probably wouldn't run well on windows 7 anyway. Shame they can't seem to do that at this point.

Wanderer5
the game actually runs fantastic on Windows 7. I actually busted out my disc to replay it once Armikrog. was announced.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Some-Mist

the game actually runs fantastic on Windows 7. I actually busted out my disc to replay it once Armikrog. was announced.

Oh well that good.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Wanderer5

They should bundle it together with Armikrog like how Spicy Horse bundled American McGee's Alice with new copies of Alice: Madness Returns and Brian Fargo bundled the original Wasteland with copies of Wasteland 2.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wanderer5

They should bundle it together with Armikrog like how Spicy Horse bundled American McGee's Alice with new copies of Alice: Madness Returns and Brian Fargo bundled the original Wasteland with copies of Wasteland 2.

DrRockso87

Well as of now EA still owns the IP, and the developers have been trying for years to get it back, but EA doesn't want to do anything with it.