Are xbox 360 gamers trigger happy action junkies?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackgamer1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blackgamer1213
Member since 2008 • 413 Posts

Of course the way I worded this I agree. Bear with me for a second alright I like 360 but the games that come out for 360 are straight shooters or action games. I don't have anything against these genres but I like variety and diversity. Of course...I would be a fool to make such a bold claim w/o providing evidence so here goes. This is Major Nelson's top 20 most played xbox live:

1Modern Warfare 2

2Halo 3
3Battlefield Bad Co. 2

4FIFA 10
5Call of Duty: WaW
6Splinter Cell Conviction
7Skate 3 Demo
8Gears of War 2
9Call of Duty 4
10GTA IV(Purchase the full game for direct download)
11Left 4 Dead 2
12Forza Motorsport 3(Download the demo)
13Blur - Multiplayer Beta Demo(Pre-order the game)
14NBA 2K10

15NHL 10
16Borderlands
17Madden NFL 10(Download the demo)
18Halo 3: ODST
19Splinter Cell Conviction Demo

20Game Room**

9 shooters, 3 action games. 12 out of the 20 and the rest were either racing or sports. So your thoughts?

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

No, since I'm assuming by "360 gamers" you mean anyone who owns a 360, which is a very diverse group of people.

SgtKevali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SgtKevali
Member since 2009 • 5763 Posts

Here's a hint.

Please don't generalize.

KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KittenWishes
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts
This is pretty stupid because its a list of multiplayer games. Not exactly going to be seeing a list of platformers and RPG's, are we. There are also more than 20 games on the Xbox 360. What would a PS3 top 20 look like? - Modern Warfare 2 - CoD: World at War - Uncharted 2 - CoD: Modern Warfare - Killzone 2 - Resistance 2 - etc - etc
blackgamer1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blackgamer1213

Here's a hint.

Please don't generalize.

SgtKevali
I gave PROOF of what 360 gamers play so in this case a generalization is correct.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

This is pretty stupid because its a list of multiplayer games. Not exactly going to be seeing a list of platformers and RPG's, are we. There are also more than 20 games on the Xbox 360. What would a PS3 top 20 look like? - Modern Warfare 2 - CoD: World at War - Uncharted 2 - CoD: Modern Warfare - Killzone 2 - Resistance 2 - etc - etcKittenWishes

/thread.

at it's finest....

seriously, you did pick an MP-based list, the probabilty grows because FPS are the pinnacle of most online play.

KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KittenWishes

I like 360 but the games that come out for 360 are straight shooters or action games. I don't have anything against these genres but I like variety and diversity.

blackgamer1213
Also this is ridiculous. 360 has more "diversity" in its library than the PS3.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HavocV3

[QUOTE="SgtKevali"]

Here's a hint.

Please don't generalize.

blackgamer1213

I gave PROOF of what 360 gamers play so in this case a generalization is correct.

why not compare all 3 groups?

+ PC if STEAM has that kind of stuff....

SgtKevali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SgtKevali
Member since 2009 • 5763 Posts

[QUOTE="SgtKevali"]

Here's a hint.

Please don't generalize.

blackgamer1213

Statistics don't prove anything about an individual. And a lot of those games aren't even shooters...

blackgamer1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blackgamer1213
[QUOTE="KittenWishes"]This is pretty stupid because its a list of multiplayer games. Not exactly going to be seeing a list of platformers and RPG's, are we. There are also more than 20 games on the Xbox 360. What would a PS3 top 20 look like? - Modern Warfare 2 - CoD: World at War - Uncharted 2 - CoD: Modern Warfare - Killzone 2 - Resistance 2 - etc - etc

Courtesy of Vgchartz God of War III NieR Final Fantasy XIII Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City Heavy Rain Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Demon's Souls Yakuza 3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Unless you want to shoot things, or play a sport, there isn't much to do on the 360.

Keep in mind, by shoot things, that counts for everything from halo to mass effect. Regardless of perspective or genre, it's military combat.

And racing is a sport.

blackgamer1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blackgamer1213

The bulk of them are.

KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KittenWishes
[QUOTE="blackgamer1213"][QUOTE="KittenWishes"]This is pretty stupid because its a list of multiplayer games. Not exactly going to be seeing a list of platformers and RPG's, are we. There are also more than 20 games on the Xbox 360. What would a PS3 top 20 look like? - Modern Warfare 2 - CoD: World at War - Uncharted 2 - CoD: Modern Warfare - Killzone 2 - Resistance 2 - etc - etc

Courtesy of Vgchartz God of War III NieR Final Fantasy XIII Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City Heavy Rain Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Demon's Souls Yakuza 3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

What are you talking about? Is that a list of the top 20 games people are playing weekly on PSN? Because thats what the list in your OP is for Xbox LIVE.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HavocV3

[QUOTE="KittenWishes"]This is pretty stupid because its a list of multiplayer games. Not exactly going to be seeing a list of platformers and RPG's, are we. There are also more than 20 games on the Xbox 360. What would a PS3 top 20 look like? - Modern Warfare 2 - CoD: World at War - Uncharted 2 - CoD: Modern Warfare - Killzone 2 - Resistance 2 - etc - etcblackgamer1213

not an official list.

and that looks like it's based on the number of searches enacted through their website.

or page views.

Vgchartz cannot measure online activity of a console. Major Nelson has access to the Xbox's.

blackgamer1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blackgamer1213

Unless you want to shoot things, or play a sport, there isn't much to do on the 360.

Keep in mind, by shoot things, that counts for everything from halo to mass effect. Regardless of perspective or genre, it's military combat.

And racing is a sport.

goblaa
This is my point EXACTLY!!!
KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KittenWishes
I don't think even blackgamer1213 knows what he's talking about.
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

And racing is a sport.

blackgamer1213

This is my point EXACTLY!!!

You haven't even remotely "proved" your "point" though.

blackgamer1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blackgamer1213
I don't think even blackgamer1213 knows what he's talking about. KittenWishes
How is it that i don't know what I'm talking about? I backed up what I said. Where are you guy's numbers? You yourself has said that 360 has more diversity than PS3. Alright then show me a comprehensive list of GOOD games that are not on the PS3? Where are your platformers? Give me a modern exclusive RPG that is better than Demon's Soul's. What do you have on the 360 that is different and abstract like Heavy Rain? Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about when you are simply making claims without backing it up.
KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KittenWishes
[QUOTE="KittenWishes"]I don't think even blackgamer1213 knows what he's talking about. blackgamer1213
How is it that i don't know what I'm talking about? I backed up what I said. Where are you guy's numbers? You yourself has said that 360 has more diversity than PS3. Alright then show me a comprehensive list of GOOD games that are not on the PS3? Where are your platformers? Give me a modern exclusive RPG that is better than Demon's Soul's. What do you have on the 360 that is different and abstract like Heavy Rain? Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about when you are simply making claims without backing it up.

I'm not going to bother, hundereds of people are probably reading this and thinking like me; that you're just ridiculous and not worth the effort.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#20 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

And racing is a sport.

goblaa

Right because Fable, Bayonetta, Dead Rising, Banjo NB, Viva Pinata and Ninja Gaiden must have been all shooters and sports games.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

---

The fact is shooters make up the majority of games this gen.

blackgamer1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blackgamer1213
[QUOTE="blackgamer1213"][QUOTE="KittenWishes"]I don't think even blackgamer1213 knows what he's talking about. KittenWishes

I'm not going to bother, hundereds of people are probably reading this and thinking like me; that you're just ridiculous and not worth the effort.

lol
emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

And racing is a sport.

goblaa

Thats ridiculous, I could make it sound like tetris and crysis are the same using this logic.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

Of course the way I worded this I agree. Bear with me for a second alright I like 360 but the games that come out for 360 are straight shooters or action games. I don't have anything against these genres but I like variety and diversity. Of course...I would be a fool to make such a bold claim w/o providing evidence so here goes. This is Major Nelson's top 20 most played xbox live:

1Modern Warfare 2

2Halo 3
3Battlefield Bad Co. 2

4FIFA 10
5Call of Duty: WaW
6Splinter Cell Conviction
7Skate 3 Demo
8Gears of War 2
9Call of Duty 4
10GTA IV(Purchase the full game for direct download)
11Left 4 Dead 2
12Forza Motorsport 3(Download the demo)
13Blur - Multiplayer Beta Demo(Pre-order the game)
14NBA 2K10

15NHL 10
16Borderlands
17Madden NFL 10(Download the demo)
18Halo 3: ODST
19Splinter Cell Conviction Demo

20Game Room**

9 shooters, 3 action games. 12 out of the 20 and the rest were either racing or sports. So your thoughts?

blackgamer1213

the top 20 isn't proof, in fact if you didn't notice the entire top 20 are also decent multi player games, it just shows MP games are played the most. I'm going to also say there aren't many non shooter MP games that have decent staying power.

blackgamer1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blackgamer1213

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

And racing is a sport.

SpinoRaptor24

Right because Fable, Bayonetta, Dead Rising, Banjo NB, Viva Pinata and Ninja Gaiden must have been all shooters and sports games.

---

Bayonetta is not exclusive, neither is Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden is like the beta version of Ninja Gaiden Sigma. And as far as Fable it's a 6 hour RPG 6 hours? that's a joke. Banjo nb and viva pinata. *facepalm* this is the 360's answers for all the ratchet and clank games and little big planet. Ah forget it.
KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KittenWishes
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

And racing is a sport.

blackgamer1213

---

Bayonetta is not exclusive, neither is Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden is like the beta version of Ninja Gaiden Sigma. And as far as Fable it's a 6 hour RPG 6 hours? that's a joke. Banjo nb and viva pinata. *facepalm* this is the 360's answers for all the ratchet and clank games and little big planet. Ah forget it.

Yeah please forget it, you still have no idea what you're talking about. That list is a MULTIPLAYER list. Wtf do you expect to see up there, Lost Odyssey?
Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
The TC does have a point. I do like shooting and action games. :P
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

And racing is a sport.

emorainbo

Thats ridiculous, I could make it sound like tetris and crysis are the same using this logic.

I wasn't aware tetris had military combat in it.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

[QUOTE="emorainbo"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

And racing is a sport.

goblaa

No, he's saying that - using your logic that every game with a gun in it is a shooter, that Crysis and Tetris could be the same genre, in that they both have blocks that can be moved one way or another; they both have music; you can approach the levels in different ways. OMG They're the same type of game!

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 emorainbo

[QUOTE="emorainbo"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

And racing is a sport.

goblaa

I wasnt aware that Halo had dialogue choices and rpg elements. I also wasnt aware Mass Effect had competetive online.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

This is only online we're talking about?

What genres would you play online?

Shooters, sports, racing, mmo, rts, fighting and maybe a co-op ****something else.

So factor out the mmo, and rts since it's a console we're talking about, and you're left with those other 3 or 4 genres.

I guarantee you the PS3 list looks just like that with games like CoD4, BC2, Socom, UC2, Killzone 2, MLB The Show, etc.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
This thread is hilarious, so we've gone from talking about shooters, to racing games and sports being lumped into the same category. And don't discredit Fable, Banjo, etc. just because YOU don't like them. They still count man. As for not counting multiplats, such as Bayonetta, etc. then you have to discount all of the multiplat games on that list too right?
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
[QUOTE="blackgamer1213"]

I like 360 but the games that come out for 360 are straight shooters or action games. I don't have anything against these genres but I like variety and diversity.

KittenWishes

No it doesn't. I find when i want something new i immediately think of a Playstation game. Not to say there isn't diversity on 360, there's just more on the PS3. Look at Littlebigplanet, Infamous and Eyepet. Sony has many "Out There" games.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
I laugh at the Lemms trying to defend their king. Oh, how they have fallen.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ravensmash
I laugh at the Lemms trying to defend their king. Oh, how they have fallen.Kokuro_Kun
What? What king? This thread was about too many shooters, and now it's switched to racing/sports games being discounted too. :|
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
So 12/20 or 60% to the contrary of what your are saying is the basis of you generalization across 40 million 360 owners....
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

Do PS3 gamers have a Self Entitlement to stuff.

Are PC gamers elitist pricks?

are Wii gamers in desperate need of some good games?

Who knows.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

blackgamer1213

Americans...

Avatar image for reanimatedchamp
reanimatedchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 reanimatedchamp
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
In my personal gaming experience, reality of things and educated opinion, the Xbox 360 has the most unique diverse gaming library and has the most diverse demographic of players in abundance ever this gaming generation.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Fable 2 is one of the best selling RPG's on the 360.. Please tell me how many hours have people logged in online?

How about Final Fantasy XIII it sold nearly 500k the first month.. How many hours have people logged in Online?

You see my point..

KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KittenWishes
[QUOTE="KittenWishes"][QUOTE="blackgamer1213"]

Kokuro_Kun

No it doesn't. I find when i want something new i immediately think of a Playstation game. Not to say there isn't diversity on 360, there's just more on the PS3. Look at Littlebigplanet, Infamous and Eyepet. Sony has many "Out There" games.

What about LittleBigPlanet? Does the PS3 have a game like Viva Pinata or Chromehounds? No. InFamous is just a sandbox game. The PS3's Crackdown. Eyepet? Say hello to Natal.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

blackgamer1213

What other games should they be playing online?

JRPGs, Puzzles, SIM games?

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SpinoRaptor24

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

And racing is a sport.

blackgamer1213

---

Who said anything about exclusives? Sure you can use them here for everyones petty arguments, but in the real world people play multiplats too.

It seems like you're just sit there and find trivial ways to dismiss every 360 game I mention. I honestly don't feel like arguing since you've probably already made up your mind.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SpinoRaptor24

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="emorainbo"] Thats ridiculous, I could make it sound like tetris and crysis are the same using this logic.

emorainbo

I wasnt aware that Halo had dialogue choices and rpg elements. I also wasnt aware Mass Effect had competetive online.

Well according to Goblaa every game that has a gun in it is a shooter.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#44 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

OH EM GEE

You mean to tell me that the most played games on Xbox Live, a place where people typically go to play games against other people, are games that have some form of competitive multiplayer?

And here I was wondering why when I logged onto Xbox Live while playing Final Fantasy XIII I couldn't find other people to play with. It all makes sense now! Of course shooters, sports games and racing games have the best competitive multiplayer. I guess I did the right thing by not hooking up to Xbox Live every time I play Final Fantasy XIII, Eternal Sonata, Ninja Gaiden II, Fable II, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Tales of Vesperia, and Lost Odyssey, IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE SINGLE PLAYER GAMES!

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 emorainbo

[QUOTE="emorainbo"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

SpinoRaptor24

Well then go ahead and add LBP, Ratchet and Clank, Conviction, MGS, Heavy Rain etc. to that list of shooters.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

[QUOTE="emorainbo"] I wasnt aware that Halo had dialogue choices and rpg elements. I also wasnt aware Mass Effect had competetive online.

emorainbo

Well then go ahead and add LBP, Ratchet and Clank, Conviction, MGS, Heavy Rain etc. to that list of shooters.

I lol'd. But yeah, this thread is pretty ridiculous now.
cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

And racing is a sport.

goblaa

Unless you want to play with horrible motion controls and games made for elementry school kids, there isn't much to do on the wii.

Tales of Vesperia

Fable 2

Banjo

Lost Odyssey

Dead Rising

Last Remnant

Forza

Viva Pinata 1 and 2

Naruto games

Saints Row

PGR

Kameo

Halo Wars

DoA

Culdcept Saga

Chromehounds

Katamari

Not to mention unreleased games like Alan Wake, Fable 3, NWN, and multiplats.

Looks like a lot to do to me. BTW, I don't really mean what I said in that first sentence up there, I'm not that ridiculous. ;)

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Yes, and we drown kittens, and club baby seals as well.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

I think the numbers for the PS3 would be very much the same.

MisterG333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MisterG333
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts
[QUOTE="blackgamer1213"][QUOTE="KittenWishes"]This is pretty stupid because its a list of multiplayer games. Not exactly going to be seeing a list of platformers and RPG's, are we. There are also more than 20 games on the Xbox 360. What would a PS3 top 20 look like? - Modern Warfare 2 - CoD: World at War - Uncharted 2 - CoD: Modern Warfare - Killzone 2 - Resistance 2 - etc - etc

want to compare apples to apples? VGChartz top xbox 360 games (the exact chart you took the ps3 info from, but for xbox 360 instead): Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction NieR Final Fantasy XIII Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Mass Effect 2 Halo 3: ODST Halo 3 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Call of Duty: World at War No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise