Are we gonna ignore the fact that Avowed looks like a Kinect game from 2015?

• 115 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38885 Posts

What the fack is this? And don't tell me you're not seeing the Kinect waggle in this, i know you do. This, to me, looks like a game that was in development for the Kinect, supposed to come out in 2014-2015, but it got canned because Xbone, and now they're relaunching it without the waggle, but the same kind of simplistic and dull looking environment that you'd find in Kinect game, and piss poor combat system that looks incredibly repetitive.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6074 Posts

I think we should ignore your thread, because you play Olden Ring a game that looks like a 360 game. So, YOU of all people can't complain what other games look like.

Man, this thread was over before it began 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
@last_lap said:

I think we should ignore your thread, because you play Olden Ring a game that looks like a 360 game. So, YOU of all people can't complain what other games look like.

My game, be it Elden Ring or anything else from Fromsoft (EVEN Armored Core 6 to a certain extent), has style aka amazing aesthetic. None of this is present here. ER competes with the best looking games around (artistically), while i'd see Avowed compete with Raid Shadow Legends. And i am not even joking, look at Raid Shadow Legends assets, tone and characters, shits extremely similar🤣

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Looks like an uninspired Dark Messiah. That game was neat.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56131 Posts

I didn't see the appeal of Avowed has to offer, it looks like last-gen but at the same time, it's too early for me to judge until I've seen plenty of gameplay.

All this talk about Avowed, nobody seems to care about Rare's new game Everwild, and I'm shocked the media nor anyone here is asking about that game. I'm more interested in Everwild than Avowed, to be honest.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3028 Posts

I was definitely not awowed by Avowed.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator

@uitravioience said:

I was definitely not awowed by Avowed.

I think it looks like a generic Xbox 360 RPG game and yeah, not exactly blown away. I'll wait for further reviews before I decide whether to buy it or not.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Last_Lap  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

My game, be it Elden Ring or anything else from Fromsoft (EVEN Armored Core 6 to a certain extent), has style aka amazing aesthetic. None of this is present here. ER competes with the best looking games around (artistically), while i'd see Avowed compete with Raid Shadow Legends. And i am not even joking, look at Raid Shadow Legends assets, tone and characters, shits extremely similar🤣

800hrs+ on the fugly looking Olden Ring completely disqualifies you talking about how other games look, that's not up for debate, game over man.

If we're being serious this is the game that worries you most coming this year from MS otherwise, why would you need to make a thread trying to damage the game. Same thing with you with Halo Infinite. You try to attack what you see as a threat, so predictable.

Not only that, but your favourite Fallout game is made by this dev, you're just coming across as butthurt that Sony didn't buy them, let me help you out with that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

800hrs+ on the fugly looking Olden Ring completely disqualifies you talking about how other games look, that's not up for debate, game over man.

If we're being serious this is the game that worries you most coming this year from MS otherwise, why would you need to make a thread trying to damage the game. Same thing with you with Halo Infinite. You try to attack what you see as a threat, so predictable.

Not only that, but your favourite Fallout game is made by this dev, you're just coming across as butthurt that Sony didn't buy them, let me help you out with that.

Actually checked my time in MH World yesterday, i am at 917h, which crushes my elden ring, and this makes me sad like you wouldn't believe.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen
@davillain said:

I didn't see the appeal of Avowed has to offer, it looks like last-gen but at the same time, it's too early for me to judge until I've seen plenty of gameplay.

All this talk about Avowed, nobody seems to care about Rare's new game Everwild, and I'm shocked the media nor anyone here is asking about that game. I'm more interested in Everwild than Avowed, to be honest.

What do you mean? Rare themselves admitted they don't even know what that game is supposed to be, and it has been five years since they said it. That shit is never coming out. Its yet another title MS announced to give you an illusion of a packed library...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44210 Posts

I think it looks pretty good myself and am really looking forward to playing it. 🤷‍♂️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@Archangel3371 said:

I think it looks pretty good myself and am really looking forward to playing it. 🤷‍♂️

Why am i not surprised?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator

@hardwenzen: Heh, I kinda keep getting them mixed up between the two these days. Also forgot Rare said they aren't sure what to make of Everwild😅

@hardwenzen said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Why am i not surprised?

He's gonna play it on GP. Of course he's happy😏

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@davillain said:

@hardwenzen: Heh, I kinda keep getting them mixed up between the two these days. Also forgot Rare said they aren't sure what to make of Everwild😅

That is what's most ridiculous. They had a very nice aesthetic to the game, but having no creativity to make a game out of it is ridiculous. If this was RARE from the 90's, they would've already released two sequels to the damn game.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap  Online

@davillain said:

Dav Everwild looks like a generic Nintendo first party Switch game. And why would anyone be asking about it when it has disappeared from existence. I know you have a soft spot for Rare, but they've dropped the ball big time, they're too busy still making silly Sea of Thieves cross overs. Everwild might just have been lost in the wild.

If there was no logo's of Xbox or Rare on this trailer people would think it's a Switch game.

Loading Video...

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

I mean has any obsidian game ever been a graphic king? Not really, but that haven’t lessened my enjoyment of them and tbh if slightly worse graphics are price we have to pay to get a 2-4 year dev cycle instead of a 6-8, I am all aboard!

That being said, I ain’t particularly hyped about awoved as I never really liked sword and sorcery in a FPS style game…

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371

@hardwenzen: I don’t know. Why aren’t you surprised?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@Archangel3371 said:

@hardwenzen: I don’t know. Why aren’t you surprised?

You already know the answer to your question.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371

@hardwenzen: Jesus. Hammering away on that F5 key again aren’t you. 😅

Nope, don’t know why. That’s why I asked.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator

@last_lap: Sorry but I like Rare and always have been.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator

@Archangel3371 said:

@hardwenzen: Jesus. Hammering away on that F5 key again aren’t you. 😅

Nope, don’t know why. That’s why I asked.

For a very long time, I didn't know F5 key was a refresh page all these years. Learn something new everyday😅

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46324 Posts

Ryse on Kinect looks better than most games today, so that's not much of a diss.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371

@davillain: Seriously? I thought you were a PC guy? 😅

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Last_Lap  Online

@davillain said:

@last_lap: Sorry but I like Rare and always have been.

Oh, I know as I did say you have a soft spot for Rare and there's nothing wrong with that, but Everwild has gone MIA, and Rare have only shown content for Sea of Thieves. And Everwild looks like a Nintendo Switch game.

I hope they get their act together and release the game, because the game was first shown in 2019, and Avowed was first shown in 2020 and is releasing this year, and its way bigger then what Everwild was going to be.

I'd say if MS doesn't show something at its conference around E3 time then the game could be dead.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44570 Posts

Remember when cows used to say how psyched they were for Abandoned? 🤭

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 687 Posts

Avowed is a double A game from a developer that is famous for its story telling and player agency.

So yes, it doesn't look great, but many obsidian games don't look great and have been amazing.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5887 Posts

Lets compare it to games coming shown from Sony Studios this year. Pacman would look better than them.

Game looks fine, the best no, but good enough.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34618 Posts

I still know nothing about this game other than it's a first person fantasy game by Obsidian.

Last game from Obisidian that I played was The Outer Worlds, and that game was just a shorter and more boring Fallout. Guess this will be their shorter and more boring Elder Scrolls?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11100 Posts

This game looks kind of budget. Like it's kind of rushed to meet a deadline for GP. If it turns out decent, that's fine, but it's not really on my radar like it was

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3413 Posts

The game is looking great. Can't wait.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45133 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Why am i not surprised?

It’s his standard response for any GP game 😄

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69529 Posts

The game looks noticeably better than it s first showing and now you complain about the graphics?🤔

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44083 Posts

Preemptive damage control already? ;o

Unholy cowzerz the bovine insecurity is off the charts...

Good stuff, keep it comin. lol :P

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 509 Posts

I'll wait for the game to release before judging. I want to see the game run on ultra settings on PC. Still, the comparisons to Skyrim are going to leave people disappointed anyway. Its going to be like when outer worlds released and everyone expected it to be Fallout. The game will get negative light just because it didn't replicate what's already been done in another IP.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#35  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

If you're judging Obsidian games for the graphics... ...you're barking up the wrong tree.

Obsidian is all about writing and narrative. That's what they've always been known for and that's what people actually looking forward to Avowed are looking for; essentially an Elder Scrolls game with actually good writing and story.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts

@davillain said:

Nobody is talking about Everwild because it's VAPORWARE!

It's Xbox's Deepdown, only used to hype players at the beginning of a generation and get people to buy into a system only to never see the light of day as an actual game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice

@above_average said:
@davillain said:

Nobody is talking about Everwild because it's VAPORWARE!

It's Xbox's Deepdown, only used to hype players at the beginning of a generation and get people to buy into a system only to never see the light of day as an actual game.

Not saying its legit but just sayin. :P

It sure would be a shock and a great surprise stealth drop for 2024. :D

Everwild release date rumor

Everwild is expected to release in 2024 on Xbox, PC, and Game Pass. Originally, the game was announced in 2019, but the game has seen significant development reboots, so it is targeting a 2024 window, according to an article from VGC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46324 Posts

Game pass has 2024 in the bag

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 409 Posts

Everytime I hear people complain about graphics in games, I have to think they are under 30 years of age. They didn't grow up with early PC games and the NES like my generation did.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15926 Posts

The game looks kinda lazy tbh. Hope the writing able to carry the game.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Yep Avowed looked bad and the combat looked like a mobile game. Obsidian has good ideas but they always seem to fall flat when left to make a game on their own.

They really need to work with BGS again... these 2 studios compliment each others weak spots real nicely.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#42 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

What the fack is this? the same kind of simplistic and dull looking environment that you'd find in Kinect game

I guess God of War Ragnarok must have been a Kinect game too.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SecretPolice

^^^^^

lol :P

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Why am i not surprised?

It’s his standard response for any GP game 😄

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

What the fack is this? the same kind of simplistic and dull looking environment that you'd find in Kinect game

I guess God of War Ragnarok must have been a Kinect game too.

You're so easy to shut down, bassman. You really need to work on that, bro.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#46  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

@hardwenzen: Shut down?

You cherry picked some screenshots from a video and I showed you very similar screens from God of War Ragnarok. Stop being a hypocrite. Also, there are plenty of nice looking environments in that video that you failed to post, but you know this already.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AcidTango  Online
Member since 2013 • 3227 Posts

I'm still skeptical about this game but I hope it turns out good. The cover though is pretty cool

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I think it looks ok, I'm beginning to care less and less about graphics.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

@hardwenzen: Shut down?

You cherry picked some screenshots from a video and I showed you very similar screens from God of War Ragnarok. Stop being a hypocrite. Also, there are plenty of nice looking environments in that video that you failed to post, but you know this already.

Watch the whole presentation, it looked like a mobile experience. There is no need to cherry pick anything, the whole game is very ugly.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Your 360 and Kinect was way more powerful than mine was then.

I also like how TC took screens from a completed Ragnarok where you can choose from every level versus the little bit of Avowed that was shown.

I am not sold on Avowed yet, but Obsidian has more plusses than negatives in my book. I feel like some people are just hating because it isn't on their platform of choice. Unlike the haters, I always welcome more good games to the market and hope for the best.

If this was a PS5 exclusive, I wonder if people would view it differently?