Are PC gamers the true peasants?

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Hear me out.

It seems apparent that there is a class system in gaming that is perpetuated by the white elite. In the upper tiers you have the luxury gamers, and at the bottom is of course the dirty peasant scum.

PC gamers are not usually referred to as the peasant class, but this makes no sense. PC gamers embody all that is peasantry; not luxury. I say this because luxury implies a few things: expensivity, simplicity, and exclusivity. Three things that consoles excel at.

1. Expensivity given the costs of DLC, the costs of games, online subscriptions, and the plastic boxes themselves cost a few hundred dollars for a very limited array of features.
  2. Simplicity given the absurd levels of hand-holding the games provide to the end user. Could also be described as "ass-kissing" by the developers who are ensuring that console gamers feel good about themselves when they can complete a game.
  3. Exclusivity stemming from the hatred console gamers show for others. Not only must they proclaim that their "latest hardware model" is the best on the market, but they make it a point to turn their noses up in disgust at the thought of playing something they deem "lower than themselves".

On the other end of the spectrum is the dirty peasants cum. You might describe a peasant as humble and helpful despite having little. Peasants must also make the most of what they have, so often you see them recycling old stuff, or fixing broke things.

First off we know PC gamers don't have much money. This shown by the popularity of free to play games, the absurd game sales, and the mod scene, but most notably it's shown by the fact that PC gamers don't get ideas on what games to buy from TV commercials because they can't afford TVs.

PC gamers are helpful. Go to any forum and PC gamers will be there to help you figure out how to build a computer with recycled parts, and how to fix broken games. Essentially how to turn raw sewage into the season's latest fashion.

And PC gamers are humble. Always sharing games, and supporting their fellow gamers. PC gamers even have an entire bundle of games devoted to how humble they are.

Do you feel this is the truth? Should we start referring to PC gamers as "Peasants"?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

only the ones that use a kb/m

#controllermasterrace

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

'pheasants'

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

@papatrop said:

Hear me out.

It seems apparent that there is a class system in gaming that is perpetuated by the white elite.

ugh....since when is gaming a racial thing?? wtf is going on?

also..you're a mess~

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Go away xboxdone74.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I wouldn't call them all peasants, I'd call the ones who spend $500-$600 on a graphics card a windowlicker who doesn't stop to think that they just spent hundreds of dollars on a piece of hardware.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

yep, PS4 gamers are the true master race

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

I wouldn't call them all peasants, I'd call the ones who spend $500-$600 on a graphics card a windowlicker who doesn't stop to think that they just spent hundreds of dollars on a piece of hardware.

You could say that about people buying expensive houses when a cardboard box is OK..... Use what little braincells you have man!

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I never knew people referred to console gamers as "peasants" in a serious manner, like peasants in that they're poorer and therefor inferior :S

I don't think we can safely assume that PC gamers don't have a lot of money, nor can we assume they're loaded. It's true these days PCs are considered a necessity for a lot of people while consoles are luxury items, but then there's dedicated gaming PCs that are on a whole 'nother price level. Let's also not forget PCs have exclusives too, and probably more than any other console has had, even if they aren't the same type of exclusive.

On the other hand there's me... no PS4 or Xbox One, and a PC I'm dying to upgrade with a gtx 760 if the prices go down within the next months, so... yeah, maybe XD

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I take offense at how much sense this post makes. Silly peasants, sitting too close to a computer screen hinders them from looking beyond and seeing the truth.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

i don't see this going any better than your other threads

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#14 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

This is non sense. I don't think any of us are peasants. But hey if your wee wee looks bigger to you now by all means.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@getyeryayasout said:

I find PC gamers to be delightful, I vote that we start calling them 'pleasants'.

that's clever. i like that.

and when i say 'like' i don't mean i click some arbitrary button, i'm talking about liking in a traditional, pioneering, american kinda way.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

#controllermasterrace

kbm shits on controller for most games, especially shooters

controller arguably better for jrpgs and a couple others but that's about it

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:
@mems_1224 said:

#controllermasterrace

nope. controller>>>>kb/m

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58960 Posts

In many ways, pc gamers have ruined gaming.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

Go away xboxdone74.

Bow down to your glorious console Caesar!

EzioisMyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EzioisMyname
Member since 2014 • 45 Posts

Is this going to be your thesis for your master's degree in stupidity?

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts
@chessmaster1989 said:
@mems_1224 said:

#controllermasterrace

Final Fantasy 13 plays surprisingly well with kbm to be honest.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

anyone who has to go around calling themselves a "master race" obviously isn't the master race, If you are something, people will notice. You don't have to point it out to them. People who use that term are only trying to convince themselves

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@mems_1224 said:

#controllermasterrace

nope. controller>>>>kb/m

well if you like less precision in your controls, then sure

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ballroompirate

@clyde46 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

You could say that about people buying expensive houses when a cardboard box is OK..... Use what little braincells you have man!

That's a poor comparison dude

It's like comparing a $3,000 condo to a $900 apartment, I'd take the $900 apartment any day of the week. Why? cause it's a roof over my head and it's a place to live (minus the less fancy shit the condo has) and not some over priced place trying to squeeze more money out of me cause inflation is beyond out of control here in the states.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Yeah a cardboard box is not okay....

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@clyde46 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

That's a poor comparison dude

It's like comparing a $3,000 condo to a $900 apartment, I'd take the $900 apartment any day of the week. Why? cause it's a roof over my head and it's a place to live (minus the less fancy shit the condo has) and not some over priced place trying to squeeze more money out of me cause inflation is beyond out of control here in the states.

oh the hypocrisy

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ballroompirate

@wis3boi: Kinda funny you have no idea what that means XD

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

lemme see all the things you blow money on so we can laugh at your choices too

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

PC gamers aren't peasants, they just like presents. For example... 'Game AAA absolute must have is released tomorrow' that warrants an immediate visit to Pirate Bay for a free game which clearly helps developers in ways which only the PC Master Race can truly understand.

Before you start on me... PS4, X1 and high end PC owner here and I buy ALL my games but it amuses me no end to see a gaming community claim 'master race' on the internet when developers largely view them as low-life thieves which is why every big AAA exclusive comes to console unless it was specifically developed for PC only.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

PC gamers aren't peasants, they just like presents. For example... 'Game AAA absolute must have is released tomorrow' that warrants an immediate visit to Pirate Bay for a free game which clearly helps developers in ways which only the PC Master Race can truly understand.

Before you start on me... PS4, X1 and high end PC owner here and I buy ALL my games but it amuses me no end to see a gaming community claim 'master race' on the internet when developers largely view them as low-life thieves which is why every big AAA exclusive comes to console unless it was specifically developed for PC only.

Thats also why Steam has to sell their games dirt cheap. Theres no way in hell an average hermit will pay full price for anything. They'll pirate a game first before they pay $60 for it on launch. So Steam has no choice but to give them a 75% off sale so maybe they'll consider it for $15

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ballroompirate

@wis3boi said:

@Ballroompirate said:

lemme see all the things you blow money on so we can laugh at your choices too

Lol now you're just grasping for straws pleb XD

And to amuse you the last 5 things I've bought were, 0.79 for a 2 liter of Root Beer, $25 in gas, $5 sub from Subway, $11 on 6 pair of white shirts for work and here in a few $30 on the credit card for the monthly payment.

So get rekt

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

They'll pirate a game first before they pay $60 for it on launch. So Steam has no choice but to give them a 75% off sale so maybe they'll consider it for $15

Source?

Also, Valve doesn't decide when games go on sale and for how deep of a discount. Publishers and developers decide to participate in sales, or not, and set their own prices.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

man the turd race isnt going to like all this truth u just hit em up with tc, they gona be mad yoo

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#35 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Good points. Especially the Arthur pic.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

@mikhail said:

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

They'll pirate a game first before they pay $60 for it on launch. So Steam has no choice but to give them a 75% off sale so maybe they'll consider it for $15

Source?

Also, Valve doesn't decide when games go on sale and for how deep of a discount. Publishers and developers decide to participate in sales, or not, and set their own prices.

Whens the last time you hermits paid full price for ANYTHING? Your like some broke coupon mom

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Proud PC peasant right here.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Ballroompirate: If they have the means to spend money in such ways, then by all means they should.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@mikhail said:

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Source?

Whens the last time you hermits paid full price for ANYTHING? Your like some broke coupon mom

'Your like some broke coupon mom' LMAO

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@mikhail said:

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Source?

The last game I paid full price for was Shadow Of Mordor.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Why buy a 60 inch tv? A 20 inch tv still shows content.

Why buy a ferrari? A junky used car still goes places.

Why buy surround sound? The tv can play the sounds.

Why buy a yacht? A rowboat still gets you across the water.

Why buy a gym membership? You can just squat and run in place.

Why buy a smartphone? You can use the web at home and call people on old models.

Why buy a lay-z-boy? Just sit in a folding metal chair and quit complaining.

Enthusiasts with disposable money enjoy the best experiences they can afford. No one is a moron for it, except maybe you for assuming that people buying products are making poor decisions.

It's not even like 500-600 is that much to spend on a hobby either. The cost and upkeep to have a fast car, for example, far exceeds what you'd spend on a nice PC and games.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@gameofthering: I got Shadow of Mordor on release day for $37.50.

There is no honor in overpaying for games, allowing companies to gouge you is nothing to be proud of, console gamers. Hey, by all means, continue paying more while getting less and being forced to pay for online.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@mikhail said:

@gameofthering: I got Shadow of Mordor on release day for $37.50.

There is no honor in overpaying for games, allowing companies to gouge you is nothing to be proud of, console gamers. Hey, by all means, continue paying more while getting less and being forced to pay for online.

To be fair, I really only paid £15 and my friend paid the other £15.
He wanted to play it and asked if I wanted to split the cost.

My other friend with the PS4 was a wee bit annoyed as he paid about £45 for it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Oh Wait a minute now

Ha ha ha

Come on

Wait a Minute Now

Check

To tha young r to tha e tha b to tha e tha l

Never give up just live up

Fed upon America

We be spittin' it up

Rippin' it up

For an even amount in each cup

To my brothers burning bare feet on black top

Whose curled 'neath tha shadows

From tha gaze of tha cops

Whose huntin' for 9 to 5's through factory locks

Is now hunted on this modern day auction block

Mic Check, ha ha ha

I be the anti-myth rhythm rock shocker

Mic Check, ha ha ha ha

I be the anti-myth rhythm rock shocker, what?

Mic Check, ha ha ha

Mic Check, ha ha ha ha

Check check check check the check, oh

packin

Flexin' and mashin'

With complex text

Fast and in a fashion

That snap back necks

Quicker than a fed cash tha company checks

Come with tha fire only Marley could catch

This be tha flame in tha cellar beware

Nameless cold millions gaspin' for air

Those naked and wageless

Now scream within cages

What, they make you pull your shit

Just to get your share, what?

Mic Check, ha ha ha

Mic Check, ha ha ha ha

Mic Check, ha ha ha

Mic Check, ha ha ha ha

Welcome down with the warrior sound, UGH!

With this mic device

I spit nonfiction

Who got tha power

This be my question

Tha mass of tha few in this torn nation?

Tha priest tha book or tha congregation?

Tha politricks who rob and hold down your zone?

Or those who give tha thieves tha key to their homes?

Tha pig who's free to murder one Shucklak

Or survivors who make a move and murder one back?

This mic device

I spit nonfiction

Who got tha power

This be my question

Tha mass of tha few in this torn nation?

Tha priest tha book or tha congregation?

Tha politricks who rob and hold down your zone?

Or those who give tha thieves tha key to their homes?

Tha pig who's free to murder one Shucklak

Or survivors who make a move and murder one back?

Mic Check, ha ha ha

Mic Check, ha ha ha ha

Mic Check, ha ha ha

Mic Check, ha ha ha ha

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

This whole peasant thing is just a joke, but the way you describe the difference in which we spend money, it's more that we don't get financially shafted and disrespected so much on the PC.

You will have more games on your PC than you can possibly play without having to spend too much. And I'm not a fan of the way MS and Sony have turned consoles into products designed to constantly milk you.

They said DLC was a movement against the 2nd hand market, yet publishers have just abused the **** out it. Buy a £40 game, spend £20+ on a season pass, buy a subscription to the games you paid for to play online. It's a ridiculous trend, an absolute joke. A game could end up costing more than double its original price by the end.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Bigboi500: what is with you and the RATM lyrics lately ?

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

Proud PC peasant right here.

Fly on, sista