Applying the logic that the PS3 won 2009 to the entire gen. (PS3 didn't win)

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#151 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Well said, Silverbond. I agree with you. The PC is the clear winner as of now. "PC always wins" is the cry I hear about graphics, and maybe about this topic as well. I say deal with it. Silverbond brought the facts, and the facts are in cold black and white. The PS3 is a great gaming system, but as far as the Wars go, it isn't winning anything. Side note, enlightenment is not something that can be possessed. It is there for all who choose to let go and awaken to it.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Hmmmm You say that those who say PS3 has won 2009 are wrong (Fact you say) and that it didn't (Fact you say again). You cite the cows as saying because they have more AAAAE's (Gen) and AAAE's (09) and you say because the PC has more AAE's and AE's. That's the basis for the OP from my understandings. But who is to say which is worth (Hey looky there, a freaking subjective word in a thread of facts) more? You? SW? The mods? It doesn't make sense to call the cows wrong or you wrong as we still do not have a complete system for scoring (Ugh, I hate to use that term because it just pushes the stinking meta game here) the exclusives in SW. Oh, and don't use the blanket generalizations. Just because some people think the PS3 won this year does not mean they think the PS3 has won this gen. That would have to be on a case by case basis. As an AAAAE might not win the gen but AAAE's might win a year and vice versa. And even if they did say it, are they wrong? Pfft...I sure don't know.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

You say something SW doesn't like and you back up your argument and what do you get: people saying you're wrong without telling you why. People completely just breaking down, freezing up, and resorting to petty insults.

This thread is about exclusives. I've told you all why the PC beats the PS3. No one has has told me anything other than you're wrong. Or they used their opinion.

Silverbond

I explained my stance to you... you elected not to repond. You are using your opinion on how everyone should determine a forum title that's based on nothing more than consensus opinion. Why would your oppinion be worthy in this thread, and all other other opinions meaningless?

This thread isn't about exclusives, it's about the PS3 not winning 2009. And you can attempt to use whatever data you want, and eliminate any data you want. Nothing will change the reality that you are promoting an opinion, and your opinion is in the minority.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

This whole arguement has been about ps3 and pc's 2009 year. asyrian758

Then you obviously didn't read the OP or topic title.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

The PS3 isn't winning this gen however.

Silverbond

Why not? I don't understand this. Both the gen and 2009 look very similar as I explained in my OP.

No they don't. The 360 is doing better than the PS3 overall.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 cainetao11
[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

No, PS3 did have a stronger showing that the competition overall.

AAAE > AAE.

AE is just a passing grade. It's nothing to brag about and it's nothing to compare consoles over. Any lower than an AE and something is seriously wrong with the game.

So the ratings mean that much to you? In my gaming life, I have enjoyed numerous games that have not recieved great ratings. But I guess that means there is something wrong with me, if I enjoyed a game that in your opinion, or should I say, your assessment of a review score had something wrong with it. It is possible to experience games and life for yourself. It's worth it.
pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#157 pattyp77
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts

Can someone please cearly define what winning is and what the levels and stages of winning are...

System Wars is like WoW...

So much information... So much progress... So many wins... So many losses... But unfortunately no clear end in sight... EVER!!!

Sometime i'm sure we all feel like sisyphus eh ;) Who created this eternal loop of frustration????

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Can someone please cearly define what winning is and what the levels and stages of winning are...

So much information... So much progress... So many wins... So many losses... But unfortunately no clear end in sight... EVER!!!

Sometime i'm sure we all feel like sisyphus eh ;) Who created this eternal loop of frustration????

pattyp77
I feel more like the rock to be honest... :P
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

pattyp77

That's kind of the point some of us are trying to make to the TC... again. There is no "Clear Definition" of winning a year (or a gen for that matter) at all. Never has been. TC is putting out their own selective criteria and claiming it as fact. But the reality is such titles are nothing more than loosely agreed upon feelings based on the general consensus of the board. They hold no weight. They simply reflect they overall opinion of each system's staus in a given timeframe.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

No, PS3 did have a stronger showing that the competition overall.

AAAE > AAE.

AE is just a passing grade. It's nothing to brag about and it's nothing to compare consoles over. Any lower than an AE and something is seriously wrong with the game.

cainetao11

So the ratings mean that much to you? In my gaming life, I have enjoyed numerous games that have not recieved great ratings. But I guess that means there is something wrong with me, if I enjoyed a game that in your opinion, or should I say, your assessment of a review score had something wrong with it. It is possible to experience games and life for yourself. It's worth it.

I created a thread on this very subject.

My personal tastes and SW are separate. I do have games that score AE and below.

The thing is, review scores are not perfect. But they are also not wholey unreliable. Generally review scores DO give us a good picture of how good a game is. And while less than perfect games are worth owning, they're not worth bragging over. The review system may be imperfect but it's the best system we have and it does give us a good idea of how consoles are lining up against each other. It's not like the PS3 has less high scoring games than the 360 because reviewers are on a whole out to get the PS3. It's because it has less great games. If we don't use review scores, they we might as well not argue about what is the best console at all. Otherwise this is just a "I like _ console the most" forum.

Furthermore, the only time reviews are brought into question is when the wii's library is compared to other consoles. But as soon as the Wii gets a high rating title, sheep will be the first to tell you.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 cainetao11
hakanakumono, you said it best yourself. "we might as well not argue about what is the best console at all" It really is pointless, as "best" is subjective. The Wii could have more high rated games than anything in history, if I love playing Uncharted, Mass Effect, Halo than it will never be the best to me. This place is fun and at times educational, but it isn't serious, scores mean very little to me as I prefer the actual review. All in all well said post, bro. Play on....
pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#162 pattyp77
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts

hakanakumono, you said it best yourself. "we might as well not argue about what is the best console at all" It really is pointless, as "best" is subjective. The Wii could have more high rated games than anything in history, if I love playing Uncharted, Mass Effect, Halo than it will never be the best to me. This place is fun and at times educational, but it isn't serious, scores mean very little to me as I prefer the actual review. All in all well said post, bro. Play on....cainetao11

Awesome and yes.

Still fun to inflict your own opinion onto others... Long as its in good taste eh ;)

The last few hours has been very stimulating.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 hakanakumono

hakanakumono, you said it best yourself. "we might as well not argue about what is the best console at all" It really is pointless, as "best" is subjective. The Wii could have more high rated games than anything in history, if I love playing Uncharted, Mass Effect, Halo than it will never be the best to me. This place is fun and at times educational, but it isn't serious, scores mean very little to me as I prefer the actual review. All in all well said post, bro. Play on....cainetao11

Uh, then you'd be unable to discern between your personal interests and actual quality.

Personally, I'm interested in the PS3's library the most. But I'm able to discern between my personal tastes and the fact that the 360 has a stronger library. I may not be interested in WRPGs, but they certainly exist.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Silverbond, I see your point but there is no such thing as X console won or lost this year, because the winning console is subjective and every gamer has a different winning console for every year, the reason could be only one game or a 100 games. I'm considering my PS3 the winning console because of 3 games namely, U2, KZ2 and Demon's Souls. I can't find anything more tempting than those three for this year even though PC(for example) has more quality games, reviews are also not facts to begin with. But I understand your point and why people fight over it. Also Good read :)
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 cainetao11

[QUOTE="cainetao11"]hakanakumono, you said it best yourself. "we might as well not argue about what is the best console at all" It really is pointless, as "best" is subjective. The Wii could have more high rated games than anything in history, if I love playing Uncharted, Mass Effect, Halo than it will never be the best to me. This place is fun and at times educational, but it isn't serious, scores mean very little to me as I prefer the actual review. All in all well said post, bro. Play on....hakanakumono

Uh, then you'd be unable to discern between your personal interests and actual quality.

Personally, I'm interested in the PS3's library the most. But I'm able to discern between my personal tastes and the fact that the 360 has a stronger library. I may not be interested in WRPGs, but they certainly exist.

Well I am not sure I know what "actual quality" is? Is it something that is known by all, separate from our personal opinion of what has quality? Where do I get the official guidelines for determining said actual quality? See, in the end, even what you believe to be "actual quality" is still subjective to your opinion of what = quality. Others may measure it differently. In reality there is truth, and then honesty. Anyone can be honest, all you need is an opinion and a mouth( or fingers/keyboard). But the truth is what it is, it never needs to be defended because it is already the truth. The truth as far as games goes is: they range in price; play on different types of hardware; come in different genres. No where there is my opinion of games. My opinion has nothing to do with truth.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#166 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
I don't understand how the PC can compete with any generation of games, because it really doesn't run on the same generations as consoles. PCs have pretty much been on one long-running generation now, games evolving technologically but the system itself only changing at the whim of the person that owns the PC. If we're going to classify PCs with the consoles in terms of gens, we need to determine which set of hardware starts each PC gen. Without some sort of definition of which hardware defines the PC gens, we can go back to the old 286 games and use them as exclusives in this gen's competition. That just wouldn't be fair.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

I don't understand how the PC can compete with any generation of games, because it really doesn't run on the same generations as consoles. PCs have pretty much been on one long-running generation now, games evolving technologically but the system itself only changing at the whim of the person that owns the PC. If we're going to classify PCs with the consoles in terms of gens, we need to determine which set of hardware starts each PC gen. Without some sort of definition of which hardware defines the PC gens, we can go back to the old 286 games and use them as exclusives in this gen's competition. That just wouldn't be fair.jalexbrown

it's from when the 360 launched.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"][QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="ksko"]

yes the ps3 won:)

Why? Facts? Proof? No?

Then go find some. If you're right then I'll admit.

what are some good PC exclusives again?

you're kidding, right?
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#169 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

it's from when the 360 launched.

CaseyWegner
Okay, that's logical enough. I'd never seen it mentioned before, so I figured it was worth asking.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

This. When I look at the PC's library, all I see is games I don't want to play (aside from MAYBE 2). When someone says that the PC won '09, I cannot take it seriously simply because those games do not appeal to me. The games on the PS3 suit me perfectly, which is why I bought that console.

In my head, '10 is already won by the PS3 simply because God of War 3 and GT5 are being released. I've been waiting forever to play those. they alone make the year. The winner of the year is much more relative than it is factual

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"][QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Why? Facts? Proof? No?

Then go find some. If you're right then I'll admit.

clone01

what are some good PC exclusives again?

you're kidding, right?

I'm not kidding. What are some good ones? Only one I see for '09 is ARMA 2

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

Silverbond, why do you dismiss other peoples opinion, and pass yours as facts? You do realize that your spreadsheet ALSO is not a fact, right...

It depends how a gamers weigh their games. AAAE has always been the biggest factor in SW (AAAAE or whatever)... and yes, I have been in this forum longer than you AND Casey.

Think about why you dont want to classify MLB 09 as an exclusive... you know what kind of meaning that has here in SW. Oh well, one day you will realize your stance in that argument is a cop-out.

You seem to do this a lot... passing your own opinions as facts I mean

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

If you think the PS3 is won 2009 then you must think the PS3 won the gen.

Silverbond

Can't argue with that logic. :roll: