Apple Announcement Friday UPDATE: Apple Patents Controller

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@musicalmac: highest ever for the quarter, but almost all of it coming from the iPhone and is risky.

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphones-double-edged-sword-big-sales-but-also-big-risk-for-apple/

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@musicalmac: I don't think wearable tech will take off. It's all too big and bulky. I'm sure the apple watch will fly off the shelves but I don't think wearable tech is the next big thing.

Other have tried and are currently trying and it's just not working. Then again, other people released tablets and everyone always said they sucked until Apple made one.

My only reason for saying wearable tech won't take off is people are far too concerned with their looks. It needs to be discreet and fashionable to really take off. Hard to make a thing like Google glass discreet and fashionable...

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@charizard1605:

Could that AMD SOC that AMD talked about a while ago be a Apple Console SOC?

Exciting.... Call me interested. Unless it has Apple pricing..

apple pricing has never stopped its fanbase but will it stop us gamers? I don't know.

Depends on what they're offering at the price really. For me.

Games are games... If they have some AAA games I can't play elsewhere. Oh. it's on. :p

I just dropped over $1400 dollars since last year on new consoles hardware, not including software.

They offer something I want... I'm there. :D

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 B4X

@kuu2 said:

So what do we call Apple Fanboys?

Dumplings.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#156 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I'd welcome an apple console if they ever did it. Right now consoles need a bit of a shake up.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 B4X

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I'd welcome an apple console if they ever did it. Right now consoles need a bit of a shake up.

My god could you see Microsoft and Apple in a bidding war for games........ poor everyone else.

I welcome it with open arms. It will push them to make our content better.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@b4x said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

My god could you see Microsoft and Apple in a bidding war for games........ poor everyone else.

I welcome it with open arms. It will push them to make our content better.

If that was the case, the apple fanboys could be called the bulls, cos you know they would end up fucking the cows lol.

Just kidding cows, before you all get wound up.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#159  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Looks like Apple is making a controller for the iPhone/iPad for playing games. Hardly groundbreaking. If they really wanted to make something worthwhile I imagine it'd be a stocked controller, dual analog, d-pad, four main face buttons, two sets of bumper buttons, a start and secondary (select) button. https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/apple-patents-iphone-gaming-controller-161143627.html

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Looks like Apple is making a controller for the iPhone/iPad for playing games. Hardly groundbreaking. If they really wanted to make something worthwhile I imagine it'd be a stocked controller, dual analog, d-pad, four main face buttons, two sets of bumper buttons, a start and secondary (select) button. https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/apple-patents-iphone-gaming-controller-161143627.html

hmm pretty neat. so the tablet just rests inside. kind of a cool idea. but if this is what they ate showing, then I think there pretty much following what everyone else is doing. ''sticking there toe in the water, but not fully committing. I think it would take a pretty bold idea for someone like amazon or apple to make a full blown game console.

I think it would be good thing though, if someone else stepped in.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#161 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

@musicalmac: highest ever for the quarter, but almost all of it coming from the iPhone and is risky.

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphones-double-edged-sword-big-sales-but-also-big-risk-for-apple/

I have a few problems with that article, most of which can be summed up with the Wall Street Journal article citing that only 15% of those iPhone sales came from current iPhone owners. That means 85% of new iPhone owners from this last quarter came from android and windows phone switchers (and some dumbphone owners). Add to that the idea that Apple's customer loyalty is the highest in the industry, and it sounds to me like the article itself is misguided.

- Apple's iPhone is more valuable than ALL of Microsoft combined (ALL of it)

- The iPad does have fewer sales, but it's likely because of the long-term usefulness of iPads in general (making them good value)

- Apple's Mac sales are UP, and Apple is one of the top 5 (top 3 in some territories) traditional PC makers by volume in the world

Apple's breakout iPhone success has actually led to MORE sales from other product categories, and with the impending introduction of a NEW device category (the watch), being concerned at all about Apple's success is borderline insane.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

I'm not really concerned with what shitty overpriced product they have for gaming. Mobile gaming is absolutely awful on phones and tablets. Dominated by pay to win models and PS2 graphics.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It's Friday, anything happen?- lol.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/01/30/aol-tuaw-shut-down-report/

TUAW and Joystiq both got shut down. That was the "bloodbath" referred to in the text. It explains why Apple and games were mentioned in the same tweet.

Too bad.

EDIT: An ultimate womp womp. Though I'll bet some of the gaming incumbents are wiping their brow. ;)

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#165  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I feel like gaming has moved on so far ahead of non-Nintendo consoles that Apple or Amazon making controllers or systems seems like a move made 15 years late. If they somehow manage to create a good payment plan for PC's or a way to sell standardized great PC setups that would be more interesting/influential.