Anyone regret their purchase?

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

So far just Killzone and Battlefield 4. Both were boring.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Zero regrets buying the Xbox One, but it was expensive, because I bought 5-6 launch games and a few others since. The only game I wish I had on X1 was Resogun, love 2d space shooters. Overall, my next-gen experience went better than expected. No hardware issues, and minimal servers issues. This is only the beginning, now I look forward to dusting off my 360 for Lords of Shadow 2 this upcoming Tuesday.....and then after that it's TF for a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#53 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

lol stealth lem thread

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

I have both... Regret the PS4 buy right now.. there's just no reason to own one. I use my x1 daily.. I've even considered selling the PS4 and buying one a year or two down the road. Especially with Halo 5 coming out on x1, with other multiplats I prob won't touch the ps4 for a long long while.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#55 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

Bought a PS4. I should have bought nothing. I already have a capable PC. The PS4 is collecting dust. There are no games. KZSF is pathetic. I gotta sell it soon.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

no games for the whole year on ps4.....unless uncharted comes out.

order 1886 is unproven....looks like a nuaghty dog game clone....infamous is a rehash so i have to have liked the previous two.

drive club is a decent raacer i guess...but gran turismo owns it so id still be waiting for that one. deatiny is a shooter.

nintendo did the same...1 whole year of nothing.

at least microsoft has titanfall...they are the only company to release a must have game in their first year...hell, in the first 5 months...

Lol what the **** are you ranting about?

The Order is dismissed as an unproven new IP but Titanfall is a must have despite being an unproven new IP?

Destiny from the AAA FPS gods at Bungie is dismissed for being a shooter but Titanfall is a must have despite being a shooter?

Infamous is dismissed as a rehash yet I'm sure you'll jizz your pants when Mario Kart 8 comes out?

oh its you...id rather not reply...replying to you is like work..

He brought up some great points though.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

I don't regret getting all the new systems at launch but realistically I could have done without getting the ps4, it's exclusives are the worst launch titles I can remember and I have zero interest in the order and infamous both are going to be very boring from what I've seen. I'm excited for dark souls 2 and Titanfall and until destiny is out I doubt I'll be getting anymore ps4 games thus year unless witcher3 is released

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#58  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Holding off on both systems. Only current gen system I have is 3DS and I don't regret it at all. Lots of great games for me to play on there. If anything, I'll probably get a PS3 to catch up on exclusives I missed before anything else.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@KBFloYd said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

order 1886 is unproven....looks like a nuaghty dog game clone....infamous is a rehash so i have to have liked the previous two.

drive club is a decent raacer i guess...but gran turismo owns it so id still be waiting for that one. deatiny is a shooter.

at least microsoft has titanfall...they are the only company to release a must have game in their first year...hell, in the first 5 months...

The Order is dismissed as an unproven new IP but Titanfall is a must have despite being an unproven new IP?

Destiny from the AAA FPS gods at Bungie is dismissed for being a shooter but Titanfall is a must have despite being a shooter?

Infamous is dismissed as a rehash yet I'm sure you'll jizz your pants when Mario Kart 8 comes out?

Eh he never really makes any sense. Probably saves everyone time that he just gave up and didn't try to explain his nonsense :P

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I don't regret owning my wiiu. I only play on my wiiu when I have time \which is mostly on the weekends usually because of university. I'm waiting unti more games release for the PS4 and the xbox one and for the xbox one's price to decrease. I'm also waiting for the issues with both consoles to be fixed.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Don't regret buying the Xbox One, especially after playing the Titanfall Beta, WOW that was amazing. My WiiU is used everyday as well, even if just for web browsing and having youtube running which is amazing in itself, my 3ds has games on it that I need to get back into and I love that system. My PC has over 300 steam titles and I have only touched 17% of them :(

mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#62 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

nope, I got it for my birthday so i didnt pay anything for it.. it is a fantastic console, ac iv and tomb raider look awesome. i only regret not having enough time to play all the games that i have bought over the last year..

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Nope. So far I only have a Wii U and the exclusives have been worth it. As soon as I can find a PS4 in stock in my area I'm picking one up. The content may be slim at the moment, but there is enough there for me to enjoy. And of course, the PS4 will have a great library in the long run.

The only gaming hardware purchase I ever regretted was the PSP and if I would have held onto it longer it would have been worthwhile in the end.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

My PS4 is kind of collecting dust. Playing a lot more 3DS, Vita and Wii U. Also catching up with titles on PS3. I think any system probably needs a year to iron stuff out. It'll be fine, eventually.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I regret not pre-ordering the PS4 1 year before it releases because i cant find a PS4 anywhere

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

Nay. My PC is from the past, and I still don't regret getting it. I've also got a Wii-U, and I really like the console, despite the lack of many good games. I currently have 7 Wii-U games that I like, though, so no regrets so far. If the next Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda and Metroid games would suck, then I might regret it.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#68 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Had my Xbox One for about one month now and I'm loving it. I knew there aren't many games out there that I'm interested in playing but I wanted it for its multitasking capabilities now. I love playing games but I also wanted the New console to be the entertainment hub of my man cave. As more games come out I'll slowly play it more than the 360 I still have. I'm currently playing Ryse on the new gen and having heck of a lot of fun! The recording of game play by just saying "XBOX record that" works seamlessly.

I'm having no regrets! Well ... only if the price is cut soon but I made my decision and have to live with that.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#69 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I got a PS4 and Wii U this gen. No regrets. :)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I expect this thread to blossom shortly LOL

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Ghost120x: If the Xb1 gets a price drop this year in NA, I will be mad that I didn't wait. Who wouldn't be?

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Never regretted buying any system tbh since I know things will come for it that I like.

My next console purchase next month will be another one I'll look forward to in its software department for years to come.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@KBFloYd said:

@locopatho said:

@KBFloYd said:

i think he is is either stupid or trolling....anyone who researches videogames should know the answers to most of his points.

would have been cool to watch but...maybe next time. if he makes better informed replies. its not worth the effort. let him do his own homework.

ill answer if want me to xaero...but the reply will be to you not him.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

So I started my ps4 in safe mode and chose to rebuild the database (defragmentation?) and it's is working fine now. Only thing that sucks still is Music Unlimited, and considering that the servers are always down has me questioning how playstation now is going to work.

I bet it's going to crash on launch day and will be broken for several weeks after.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I'm sure lems are regretting their purchases after today's fiasco. Especially lems in the UK.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@MickeyTheNinja said:

How does Injustice fair with the ps3/360 versions? I played the hell out of the game, but when I get a PS4 i'm down to play if it looks noticeably different. Does it have all the alternate costumes on the disk too?

It runs at 60 fps and 1080p on PS4, along with a few other bells and whistle upgrades. I looks and plays really well on PS4. All of the DLC is included on disc.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#77 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I bought a Wii U last year, I regret nothing.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

No my PC is delightful, and I got the WiiU at 200 bucks on Amazon. Which I feel is a relatively appropriate price for that thing.

And I'll get the PS4/Xbox One when they have a healthy group of games that interest me.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Xbox One and PS4 here and no regrets. A bit of a drought when it comes to games but you get that with launches.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts
@Mr_Ditters said:

Bought a PS4. I should have bought nothing. I already have a capable PC. The PS4 is collecting dust. There are no games. KZSF is pathetic. I gotta sell it soon.

Did you already play Outlast? If not def download it... it's amazing.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#81 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I regret that I bought a ps3. People on the net made me buy it. Hyping games like UC, KZ and all those. But none were worth it.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I regretted purchasing both the ps3 and the 360.

The ps3 much less so because I imported Demon's Souls.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

No regrets really. I've played the hell out of Dead Rising 3, Ryse, CoD, Peggle 2, and Titanfall beta. Been using the One for netflix for the family in the livingroom, Xbox Fitness, and Skype. The One has some things it needs to improve no doubt, but the new updates have helped alot. So far no regrets. I use the console alot.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Mr_Ditters

@Gesyma said:
@Mr_Ditters said:

Yes I played it. Its ok. However, I didn't pay $400 plus the ridiculous playstation plus fees to play indie games that have been available on PC for a long time.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

@Mr_Ditters:

@Mr_Ditters said:

@Gesyma said:
@Mr_Ditters said:

Yes I played it. Its ok. However, I didn't pay $400 plus the ridiculous playstation plus fees to play indie games that have been available on PC for a long time.

Not sure what you were expecting in terms of games from a brand new console but it sounds like you should have held out on a console purchase for at least a year or two...

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@Ghost120x:

I regret purchasing them so early. I should have just bought a second GTX 690 for my PC. It would have been around the same amount as both systems and would have been a beast for another year or so.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Mr_Ditters

@Gesyma said:

@Mr_Ditters:

@Mr_Ditters said:

@Gesyma said:
@Mr_Ditters said:

Not sure what you were expecting in terms of games from a brand new console but it sounds like you should have held out on a console purchase for at least a year or two...

No shit. Which is why I said I shouldn't have bought the PS4 first place.

I did expect KZ:SF to be good though, considering how much I liked KZ2. But KZ:SF is a joke. The multiplayer isn't even playable at the moment because of the lag issues they've had from the last two patches.

On the other hand, the Xbone is getting Titanfall which is going to be awesome. Played the beta many hours on the PC and it is super fun. Still not any reason to buy a Xbone because I have a PC, but the PS4 doesn't have any sort of similar killer game on the horizon. Disappointing.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

Got a PS4, enjoying it a lot. 3 other friends got one as well. We play together every now and then. All my friends that got an XB1 have said it wasn't worth it. I'm sure it will later on but for now they all said it's been a waste.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

You have learned a valuable lesson. Never I mean never buy a new console at or near launch. It's beneficial to wait atleast a year to see a library of games and to see any hardware/software issues. Truth be told, after all the dick measuring it really does not matter. Both systems will produce similiar looking games. The difference is microsoft is ramming that stupid kinect camera down your throat and charging an extra $100 for it.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Even though it was a gift I'm getting my moneys worth. DR3, Peggle 2, Killer Instincts, PowerGolf, Max, Titanfall beta, Xbox Fitness, Netflix, TV features and now I can't stop playing PvZ:GW then a couple weeks later Titanfall. A slow but steady stream of unique games with the ability to share digitally. I can't imagine of just having a PS4 right now. Sure games will pick up, but that's for both systems but only One is steadily releasing games instead of just announcing them.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 958 Posts

WiiU + Ps4 + 3DS + Vita is the way to go :p .. I regret having little time to play videogames :'(

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Last gen I bought 360 first because ps3 had no games but eventually ps3 passed the 360 and it ended up being the better console to me imo. So this gen I got a ps4 first because it would be a better long term investment.

Now I kind of regret and should have got the xbox one first. At least I would have had 3 years of fun before the support dies. I don't know if it's my ps4, but everything is so slow and buggy. Music unlimited works half of the time and many icons on the home screen load really slow. Also if I download more than one game off of psn and play another game while its downloading, the game I play is running like a slideshow. My battlefield save data keeps erasing and I get error messages once a day. None of the games on the horizon is grabbing me besides infamous (but I'll have to wait for e3 on that)

On the software side of things, Sony just sucks. They better fix this soon.

All of what you said is the opposite of what we experience on our PS4s. They're very fast, everything downloads very fast, Music Unlimited works perfectly always except for on 1 PSN game that shuts it down for some strange reason Resogun. All other games the music plays great and never stops. All icons are instantly poping in and out as you select them. We've never had a problem with our Battlefield or any other game. It sounds like you're either making this stuff up or you have a bad PS4, or you have crappy internet service, or a combo. PSN & the PS Store work way better than on PS3 also.

You aren't standing it upright & causing it to overheat or anything weird are you? It's a great console. Now just let the games get here & it will be masterful.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts
@Bishop1310 said:

I have both... Regret the PS4 buy right now.. there's just no reason to own one. I use my x1 daily.. I've even considered selling the PS4 and buying one a year or two down the road. Especially with Halo 5 coming out on x1, with other multiplats I prob won't touch the ps4 for a long long while.

This must be some kind of joke. Both consoles are slow to get games.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Mr_Ditters said:

@Gesyma said:

@Mr_Ditters:

@Mr_Ditters said:

@Gesyma said:
@Mr_Ditters said:

I did expect KZ:SF to be good though, considering how much I liked KZ2. But KZ:SF is a joke. The multiplayer isn't even playable at the moment because of the lag issues they've had from the last two patches.

On the other hand, the Xbone is getting Titanfall which is going to be awesome. Played the beta many hours on the PC and it is super fun. Still not any reason to buy a Xbone because I have a PC, but the PS4 doesn't have any sort of similar killer game on the horizon. Disappointing.

Really stupid of you to think these systems were going to be super AMAZING when they have been out for so little.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Mr_Ditters

@millerlight89 said:

@Mr_Ditters said:

@Gesyma said:

@Mr_Ditters:

@Mr_Ditters said:

@Gesyma said:
@Mr_Ditters said:

Really stupid of you to think these systems were going to be super AMAZING when they have been out for so little.

Who said anything about super amazing? How about any reason for owning it in the first place? Like I said, I at least expected KZSF to be a halfway decent game--which it isn't. MP is currently broken. I was shocked to see that my 4 year old PC outperforms this "new hardware". Hence the reason I mentioned in my first post that I regret my purchase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

No regrets at all with my 360/PS3/DS (though my DS is collecting dust) and for any consoles I have in previous gens.

Don't have any current consoles, yet.