Anyone else think the new Madden is complete garbage?

• 63 results
#1 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (676 posts) -

They reworked the play calling system and it's just fucking awful.

It's unresponsive and jolting. They took away the button idetifiers on the play so you have to look at them when you get to the line of scrimmage. The way they have the menu system is just bad.

And it seems as if the defense got a steroid treatment. Cornerbacks are diving 10 yds to break up passes....anyone on defense can be behind the receiver but catch up to intercept....and it seems I have to lob or bullet....theres no inbetween so throwing over a linebacker to an open guy means I have to really hang it in the air b/c they jump like 15ft.

And the QB position is shit. I dunno.....I've been playing Drew Brees and he KEEPS underthrowing passes even when having his feet planted. And at times I'll use the stick to lead my receiver but jesus....he leads so far that it's not even catchable by my guy.

Then....when it's 4th down....your play calliing options say "please wait...opponent is picking personel". WTF??

It took me 4 times to wonder wtf was going on. You actually have to press the cancel button to start choosing a play on 4th downs. It auto chooses punt return or regardless if they other team chooses to go for it.

It's fucking unbelievable.

The game has so many fundamental flaws.....it's just shit.

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (56064 posts) -

I didn't even know it was out...

#3 Posted by lawlessx (46559 posts) -

I didn't even know it was out...

same here..didn't they just start promoting it?

#4 Edited by Motokid6 (5267 posts) -

I just plain don't like sports games. Other then racers..

#5 Posted by lostrib (34534 posts) -

yeah, i don't forsee you getting much input from the SW crowd

Well that's what happens when you put Richard Sherman on the cover

#6 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

Read a couple reviews and I think I'll wait and see what they do next year before I buy.

#7 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17056 posts) -

Madden hasn't been good in 10 years.

@lostrib said:

Also this.

#8 Posted by Zassimick (6343 posts) -

Been thinking about picking it up sometime down the line. Would you say it'd be better just to go with last year's Madden or these problems would probably be fixed through an update? This is coming from a gamer who buys a Madden every five years.

#9 Posted by Basinboy (11059 posts) -

Double-checked thread date to ensure this wasn't revived from the grave. Because, let's be honest, SW and the internet in general has been saying this for 10+ years.

#10 Posted by Ghost120x (3739 posts) -

How in the world did ea get exclusive rights to the nfl license? Isn't there some kind of anti monopoly law? Serious question. (don't laugh at my ignorance) They need competition.

#11 Posted by cainetao11 (16898 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog: unresponsive?

When I press a button........ something happens!!!! Oh shit!!!. Don't really get that complaint.

But the game is just Madden, with a slight bump, not even a big one, in graphics

#12 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (676 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog: unresponsive?

When I press a button........ something happens!!!! Oh shit!!!. Don't really get that complaint.

But the game is just Madden, with a slight bump, not even a big one, in graphics

Even in single player.

Sometimes I'll press down to pick a play..and it'll go down 2 formations instead of 1.....then sometimes I'll press it...and nothing happens. And then when it does do it....it just seems slow.

#13 Edited by CountBleck12 (22670 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

This, besides Madden looks like the same shit every year anyway.

#14 Posted by silversix_ (14081 posts) -

New+complete garbage? No i don't think the new is complete garbage. I think they're ALL complete garbage.

#15 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8626 posts) -

I was hoping for the NFL license to expire this year or next year so 2K can show EA on how to make a proper Football game.....

#16 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2556 posts) -

I don't play Sports games . Sometimes may be Cricket (not from EA) and Racers . Other than that ... Don't care .

#17 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3883 posts) -

all sports games are garbage except fight night 2004

#18 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

If it ain't Mario Sports games which has sooo much content of fun gameplay, then I ain't playing shitty Sport games like Madden.

#19 Posted by Aljosa23 (24749 posts) -

EA has become complacent for the last decade. The last Madden game I REALLY enjoyed was Madden '04 with Michael Vick on the cover. I'm just glad that FIFA is still decent (PES is the GOAT but it sucks now) so I play that way more than Madden. My brother bought 15 yesterday and I watched him play for a bit - it looks okay.

#20 Posted by SecretPolice (21485 posts) -

I was hoping for the NFL license to expire this year or next year so 2K can show EA on how to make a proper Football game.....

Seconded, Madden has been trash to me for a long, long time now and bringing back the 2K games may be the only way to get me back into VG FB games.

#21 Posted by Heirren (16556 posts) -

It has been so long since I've played Madden....I heard this one made improvements.

#22 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6986 posts) -

Yeah, that sounds like Madden. The games just get worse every year.

#23 Posted by UNcartMe (556 posts) -

RIP 2K Football :(, RIP

#24 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3689 posts) -

NFL 2K was the best ever... especially 2K5. Wait did Madden release yesterday? I'm pretty sure it didn't.. have they even had any early access?

#25 Edited by KungfuKitten (20858 posts) -

Only sports games that are enjoyable are Mario sports games.

#26 Posted by General_Solo76 (169 posts) -

I love NFL football games, but yeah, without any competition for EA, the series will never evolve graphically and gameplay wise enough for me.

#27 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9885 posts) -

Nope....it's the best Madden in recent memory IMO and the graphics are pretty sick. The tackle animations need to work still but a minor gripe.

#28 Posted by aroxx_ab (9276 posts) -

What is the difference? The new Madden is still like all other Madden...a "sport game" and we all know that is garbage :P

#29 Posted by Deevoshun (855 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

This, besides Madden looks like the same shit every year anyway.

It's NFL football with updated locations, stats, and improvements to the mechanics of the game, do you expect it to look different? WTH do you expect them to add? Even the casual consumers know this, they don't care, they want an updated game. I understand that EA could update all the stats via an patch or something, but why would they when they can make tons of money releasing a "new' version.

#30 Posted by dakan45 (18556 posts) -

Arent all the madden games?

Huggles you bash pc gamers and the games they play but play madden? Seriosuly?

#31 Edited by KingsofQueens (2175 posts) -

All Madden games from Gen 6 and onwards have been garbage imo. I was more of a Sega Sports NFL2K guy on Dreamcast and original XBOX. It was cheaper and better and gave pussy EA a run for it's money, that's why they got pussified and established that idiotic Exclusivity Deal with NFL. I was a Madden (and NHL) guy for the entire Genesis era, because that was THE SYSTEM to buy it on.

#32 Posted by mems_1224 (46578 posts) -

Madden has had the same problems for years. No idea why you think it would change now.

#33 Posted by vickissv2 (1754 posts) -

It's about 25% garbage to be honest.

#34 Posted by BruceBenzing (312 posts) -

I love NFL football games, but yeah, without any competition for EA, the series will never evolve graphically and gameplay wise enough for me.

I've been saying this for years. Tiburion is lazy because there is no competition so they regurgitate the same crap over and over again....

#35 Posted by SoftwareGeek (216 posts) -

always has been garbage.

#36 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6957 posts) -

LOL Madden

LOL EA Sports

#37 Posted by melonfarmerz (1125 posts) -

FIFA 15 this year will probably be shit too. Pre order it every year anyways :'(

#38 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17341 posts) -

Why don't reviewers ever catch these problems?

#39 Posted by Aljosa23 (24749 posts) -

FIFA 15 this year will probably be shit too. Pre order it every year anyways :'(

PSG fan?

and here I thought SW couldn't get worse :(

#40 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3399 posts) -

Was the OP in russian or something? I understood about 5 words in total ;)

#41 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (676 posts) -

@dakan45 said:

Arent all the madden games?

Huggles you bash pc gamers and the games they play but play madden? Seriosuly?

It's a football game....the only one around. What am I suppose to do if I want to play a little video game football?

Besides....the first Madden I bought in about....shit, a decade, was last year. It was ok and knowing the logistics of the sport I was decent....even though it was fundamentally flawed here and there....but this one is worse.

Not only does it have some of the same problems where...there are exploits that are just stupid....but the actual controls are unresponsive. There were a few ppl complaining about it last night on the EA Madden forums....I dunno what happened though....I made one thread about how the game was flawed and expressed my displeasure and got banned.

So....I got a 50% extra trade in value coupon to Gamestop and I'm gonna trade it in tomorrow. Fuck this game.

People think it's better just b/c it has updated graphics and "looks" next gen. The game doesn't even look that great. But the crowd that buys these games are gullible.

#42 Posted by jg4xchamp (47383 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Also this.

Remind me again what happened when the sorry ass 49ers tried him with the game on the line?

#43 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

I thought the demo was ok from EA access. Thought about buying it.

#44 Edited by dakan45 (18556 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog:

"I made one thread about how the game was flawed and expressed my displeasure and got banned."

#45 Edited by farrell2k (5808 posts) -

I have never understood the allure of watching muscular men in tights tackle one another. Participating in this, even in a fictional video game, is even less appealing.

#46 Posted by Shewgenja (8466 posts) -

So, I guess the good news is that this isn't the same Madden game with a roster update or is it bad news that this isn't the same Madden game with a roster update?

I don't even.

#47 Edited by Zethrickk382 (134 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: "I was hoping for the NFL license to expire this year or next year so 2K can show EA on how to make a proper Football game....."

Show them "again". ;)

#48 Posted by Zelda187 (715 posts) -

The last great Madden game was Madden 2005.

The last year that they actually had competition.

Hmmmm, what a co-inky-dink

#49 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17056 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury said:

@lostrib said:

Also this.

Remind me again what happened when the sorry ass 49ers tried him with the game on the line?

Oh, don't you remember? Dick went Alien style on Erin Andrews with his crazy obsession of Crabs, and continued to put all the spotlight on himself instead of his teammates once again. Great person that Dick Sherman is. No wonder those popcorn throwing Seattle fans love him so.

#50 Edited by getyeryayasout (7178 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Also this.

Don't you ever talk about him!