Any PC gamers getting both the PS4 and X1?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Any PC gamers getting both the PS4 and X1? (55 votes)

Yes 29%
Only getting the PS4 38%
Only getting the X1 2%
Consoles are for chumps 31%

As a PC gamer, I see no reason to own both, but I know there are those out there that would. So are you getting both, and if not, which one are you getting?

Me personally, I only have an interest in the PS4.

• 
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

Who cares what other people are doing? Worry about yourself. You're a PC gamer, you should be more individualistic.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

not anytime soon

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I'll have all three by February

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

i plan on getting both by early 2014.

may get the ps4 first

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@SKaREO: WTF are you smoking kid and WTF are you even talking about? Get your head out your ass and try to actually have a conversation.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

I ain´t gonna buy either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Im pc first, just built a new haswell build in spring. I buy all cosoles as well, never miss a good exclusive. If money was an issue id stock to PC.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

PS4 when Infamous SS comes out.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

I'm getting one of them, haven't dediced which one yet.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

just getting the PS4 (and the Wii U when the price drops again).

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@ankor77 said:

Im pc first, just built a new haswell build in spring. I buy all consoles as well, never miss a good exclusive. If money was an issue id stock to PC.

With most people (me included), money isn't the issue, but rather time is the issue. Most people just don't have anything close to enough free time to own and play all gaming devices. In all honesty, I don't have time for more than PC, but I have kids, so I always buy a console for them. I have 86 unplayed PC games sitting on Steam waiting for me and that will probably take me a good two years to work through and that would only work if I stopped buying PC games, which isn't going to happen.

@clyde46 Yeah that will be the game to break my one year waiting period if there is a game to do it. I want that game more than any other PS4 game and more than most of the PC games I want.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AmazonTreeBoa

@ankor77 said:

Im pc first, just built a new haswell build in spring. I buy all consoles as well, never miss a good exclusive. If money was an issue id stock to PC.

With most people (me included), money isn't the issue, but rather time is the issue. Most people just don't have anything close to enough free time to own and play all gaming devices. In all honesty, I don't have time for more than PC, but I have kids, so I always buy a console for them. I have 86 unplayed PC games sitting on Steam waiting for me and that will probably take me a good two years to work through and that would only work if I stopped buying PC games, which isn't going to happen.

@clyde46 Yeah that will be the game to break my one year waiting period if there is a game to do it. I want that game more than any other PS4 game and more than most of the PC games I want.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@SKaREO said:

You're a PC gamer, you should be more individualistic.

You're a console gamer, you should be at McDonalds flipping burgers in-between CoD sessions.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AmazonTreeBoa

@SKaREO said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: I'm smoking cannabis. Your thread sucks.

You swallow.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AmazonTreeBoa

@Jankarcop said:

@SKaREO said:

You're a PC gamer, you should be more individualistic.

You're a console gamer, you should be at McDonalds flipping burgers in-between CoD sessions.

He probably called off so he could play more CoD.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

I want both. However, dreams are free, the consoles ... they're not.

If titles come out which are compelling, then I'll be picking one of them up sooner. Otherwise, I'm just going to wait for the prices to lower, and the libraries to bulk up. I've already got so many games to play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ankor77 said:

I hear you on this, time has become a major issue for me too. Im 32 with two kids. Luckily I have a job that lets me make my own schedule so I find some time. Im also on the road here and there and will bring gaming laptop or vita/3ds along for the ride.

At home my game time is when my wife and kids are asleep. I have tons of unfinished games! But I still buy the ones I want and hope to get to them. With time being a crunch I focus on multiplayer games with friends. I play a ton of Dota2 on PC and whatever FPS I am playing at the time. Console games are a break from that when I have the time. But I agree time is the issue.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Not getting an xbox system. All of its good games are usually on PC , with a few on PlayStation. It has the least exclusives every gen and the weakest hardware.

The online is horrendous, gotta pay for less features and the terrifying xbl community.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

In a years time I will pick up a PS4 probably.

Both a complete waste of money, overpriced CRAP games. why would I bother when my midrange PC already beats their graphics quality in Battlefield 4? early adopters get nothing out of this.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I see no reason to own either. However, if both consoles end up with very worthwhile exclusives I'll get both. Boring console shooters are anything but worthwhile.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@walloftruth said:

TC you should worry about yourself first, you as a PC gamer should stop worrying what the so called "chumps" as you called them do, or don't you have enough games to play in 4k at 120FPS? Because you know that's what makes games better, not.

So,720p on X1 is totally fine?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Just the PS4, and eventually the Wii U.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I'm getting the PS4 first.

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts

I have both preordered. There's not too many launch games that interest me but I'm too big of a nerd not to get them lol, I'm excited tho.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Not getting an xbox system. All of its good games are usually on PC , with a few on PlayStation. It has the least exclusives every gen and the weakest hardware.

The online is horrendous, gotta pay for less features and the terrifying xbl community.

As a PC and console gamer, I laugh at this assumption that PC online communities are somehow more "mature".

There is not a single console game that has a community as horrible as ANY of the MOBA games, be it LOL, HON, etc.

Let's just stop the charade, shall we?

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@walloftruth said:

TC you should worry about yourself first, you as a PC gamer should stop worrying what the so called "chumps" as you called them do, or don't you have enough games to play in 4k at 120FPS? Because you know that's what makes games better, not.

Ironic, considering that at the present time, CONSOLE gamers (especially Sony fanboys) are the ones obsessing over resolution, frame rate, and other technical aspects of games, instead of actual gameplay, more than anyone else.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AmazonTreeBoa

@walloftruth said:

Mommy ignoring you again today. Sorry to hear that junior.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Not anytime soon.

There's no need for a console when I already got a real system, but a great number of non-hollywood wannabe exclusives could possibly attract my wallet though, otherwise screw the PS4 altogether. There is no way I'm getting the X1. That's for sure.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@walloftruth said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@walloftruth said:

Mommy ignoring you again today. Sorry to hear that junior.

And as usual, you have nothing constructive to bring to the table. And please stop stalking my posts, all you do is troll and call me "junior", "son" and "grandpa", you must have some weird fetish or something and that's cool but please leave me out of it, I'm not into that stuff.

You type a bunch of ignorance and expect me to take you seriously. Sorry kid, but you got a LONG ways to go with your trolling to get an actual conversation out me with trolling.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@walloftruth said:

Ironic, considering that at the present time, CONSOLE gamers (especially Sony fanboys) are the ones obsessing over resolution, frame rate, and other technical aspects of games, instead of actual gameplay, more than anyone else.

That's only half true. Yes, Sony fanboys are bragging with their 1080p/60FPS but as soon as they do a commando of hermits takes over the thread and claims that 1080p/60FPS is for chumps and 4k and 120FPS are the only real way to play games.

Herms are only doing exactly what cows do to lems,arguing otherwise is hypocritical because you do the same on the other faction.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@lostrib said:

not anytime soon

This. I'm in no hurry. MS and Sony have plenty of time to show some more exclusives, and give some more reason to buy their console.

Not interested in timed exclusivity or exclusive DLC. I want to see more real exclusives.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

I will get both eventually, not going to get either of them until something comes out that I really care about though.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

If you throw your money away so easily by buying both when already having a gaming PC, then I want you to know that giving the money to me instead is more rewarding. It will fill you with a good fluffy feeling to know that I can do awesome things with that money.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

If they got the cash power to them

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Voted yes because it's fairly likely that i will own both of em eventually.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

If I had an excess of cash flowing out of my pockets at this very second I'd consider owning both. I might not ever use them personally, but I'm sure someone would.

But nah, as a PC gamer I find it harder and harder to justify the cost of consoles, and their games. As good as a console game might look, for every one good console game there seem to be a few dozen good PC games, and chances are I can buy a handful of them for the same price as the one console game.

My time is more than used up by PC gaming alone, and consoles don't really strive to have unique libraries anymore anyways. It seems there will never again be a console like the PS2, or the SNES.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@treedoor said:

If I had an excess of cash flowing out of my pockets at this very second I'd consider owning both. I might not ever use them personally, but I'm sure someone would.

But nah, as a PC gamer I find it harder and harder to justify the cost of consoles, and their games. As good as a console game might look, for every one good console game there seem to be a few dozen good PC games, and chances are I can buy a handful of them for the same price as the one console game.

My time is more than used up by PC gaming alone, and consoles don't really strive to have unique libraries anymore anyways. It seems there will never again be a console like the PS2, or the SNES.

The PS2 had so many unique games.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

I'll be getting a PS4 eventually. But I also need to change my notebook. Hell of a problem there, considering my limited budget. 8-\

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

i had both preoredered and pretty much payed for and just didnt see anything this year will wait for more games

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

I plan to get both. PS4 first and X1 when I get tax returns maybe.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I'll get one down the line.. but i never get a console at launch..... i hate the waiting game :/

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Yeah, probably after a few years and there's been a decent amount of exclusives released. In the short term...no.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@Nanomage said:

@walloftruth said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@walloftruth said:

That's only half true. Yes, Sony fanboys are bragging with their 1080p/60FPS but as soon as they do a commando of hermits takes over the thread and claims that 1080p/60FPS is for chumps and 4k and 120FPS are the only real way to play games.

Herms are only doing exactly what cows do to lems,arguing otherwise is hypocritical because you do the same on the other faction.

How do you explain that herms are doing it to lems as well?

Food chain. When you´re on top you can shit on everybody.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

PS4 when Destiny hits. I was so hoping this would be out on the PC.