Any PC gamers getting both the PS4 and X1?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Any PC gamers getting both the PS4 and X1? (55 votes)

Yes 29%
Only getting the PS4 38%
Only getting the X1 2%
Consoles are for chumps 31%

As a PC gamer, I see no reason to own both, but I know there are those out there that would. So are you getting both, and if not, which one are you getting?

Me personally, I only have an interest in the PS4.

#1 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

Who cares what other people are doing? Worry about yourself. You're a PC gamer, you should be more individualistic.

#2 Posted by lostrib (40131 posts) -

not anytime soon

#3 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10771 posts) -

I'll have all three by February

#4 Posted by lawlessx (46970 posts) -

i plan on getting both by early 2014.

may get the ps4 first

#5 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@SKaREO: WTF are you smoking kid and WTF are you even talking about? Get your head out your ass and try to actually have a conversation.

#6 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

I ain´t gonna buy either.

#7 Posted by ankor77 (1039 posts) -

Im pc first, just built a new haswell build in spring. I buy all cosoles as well, never miss a good exclusive. If money was an issue id stock to PC.

#8 Edited by clyde46 (47003 posts) -

PS4 when Infamous SS comes out.

#9 Posted by RossRichard (2409 posts) -

I'm getting one of them, haven't dediced which one yet.

#10 Posted by FinalFighters (1759 posts) -

just getting the PS4 (and the Wii U when the price drops again).

#12 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@ankor77 said:

Im pc first, just built a new haswell build in spring. I buy all consoles as well, never miss a good exclusive. If money was an issue id stock to PC.

With most people (me included), money isn't the issue, but rather time is the issue. Most people just don't have anything close to enough free time to own and play all gaming devices. In all honesty, I don't have time for more than PC, but I have kids, so I always buy a console for them. I have 86 unplayed PC games sitting on Steam waiting for me and that will probably take me a good two years to work through and that would only work if I stopped buying PC games, which isn't going to happen.

@clyde46 Yeah that will be the game to break my one year waiting period if there is a game to do it. I want that game more than any other PS4 game and more than most of the PC games I want.

#13 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@ankor77 said:

Im pc first, just built a new haswell build in spring. I buy all consoles as well, never miss a good exclusive. If money was an issue id stock to PC.

With most people (me included), money isn't the issue, but rather time is the issue. Most people just don't have anything close to enough free time to own and play all gaming devices. In all honesty, I don't have time for more than PC, but I have kids, so I always buy a console for them. I have 86 unplayed PC games sitting on Steam waiting for me and that will probably take me a good two years to work through and that would only work if I stopped buying PC games, which isn't going to happen.

@clyde46 Yeah that will be the game to break my one year waiting period if there is a game to do it. I want that game more than any other PS4 game and more than most of the PC games I want.

#14 Edited by Jankarcop (10187 posts) -

@SKaREO said:

You're a PC gamer, you should be more individualistic.

You're a console gamer, you should be at McDonalds flipping burgers in-between CoD sessions.

#15 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@SKaREO said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: I'm smoking cannabis. Your thread sucks.

You swallow.

#16 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@SKaREO said:

You're a PC gamer, you should be more individualistic.

You're a console gamer, you should be at McDonalds flipping burgers in-between CoD sessions.

He probably called off so he could play more CoD.

#17 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I want both. However, dreams are free, the consoles ... they're not.

If titles come out which are compelling, then I'll be picking one of them up sooner. Otherwise, I'm just going to wait for the prices to lower, and the libraries to bulk up. I've already got so many games to play.

#18 Posted by ankor77 (1039 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ankor77 said:

I hear you on this, time has become a major issue for me too. Im 32 with two kids. Luckily I have a job that lets me make my own schedule so I find some time. Im also on the road here and there and will bring gaming laptop or vita/3ds along for the ride.

At home my game time is when my wife and kids are asleep. I have tons of unfinished games! But I still buy the ones I want and hope to get to them. With time being a crunch I focus on multiplayer games with friends. I play a ton of Dota2 on PC and whatever FPS I am playing at the time. Console games are a break from that when I have the time. But I agree time is the issue.

#19 Edited by Jankarcop (10187 posts) -

Not getting an xbox system. All of its good games are usually on PC , with a few on PlayStation. It has the least exclusives every gen and the weakest hardware.

The online is horrendous, gotta pay for less features and the terrifying xbl community.

#20 Posted by MBirdy88 (8590 posts) -

In a years time I will pick up a PS4 probably.

Both a complete waste of money, overpriced CRAP games. why would I bother when my midrange PC already beats their graphics quality in Battlefield 4? early adopters get nothing out of this.

#21 Posted by GhoX (5171 posts) -

I see no reason to own either. However, if both consoles end up with very worthwhile exclusives I'll get both. Boring console shooters are anything but worthwhile.

#22 Posted by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -

TC you should worry about yourself first, you as a PC gamer should stop worrying what the so called "chumps" as you called them do, or don't you have enough games to play in 4k at 120FPS? Because you know that's what makes games better, not.

#23 Posted by MonsieurX (31208 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

TC you should worry about yourself first, you as a PC gamer should stop worrying what the so called "chumps" as you called them do, or don't you have enough games to play in 4k at 120FPS? Because you know that's what makes games better, not.

So,720p on X1 is totally fine?

#24 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14081 posts) -

Just the PS4, and eventually the Wii U.

#25 Posted by Heil68 (46182 posts) -

I'm getting the PS4 first.

#26 Posted by GamingVengeance (1854 posts) -

I have both preordered. There's not too many launch games that interest me but I'm too big of a nerd not to get them lol, I'm excited tho.

#27 Edited by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

Not getting an xbox system. All of its good games are usually on PC , with a few on PlayStation. It has the least exclusives every gen and the weakest hardware.

The online is horrendous, gotta pay for less features and the terrifying xbl community.

As a PC and console gamer, I laugh at this assumption that PC online communities are somehow more "mature".

There is not a single console game that has a community as horrible as ANY of the MOBA games, be it LOL, HON, etc.

Let's just stop the charade, shall we?

#28 Posted by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

Ironic, considering that at the present time, CONSOLE gamers (especially Sony fanboys) are the ones obsessing over resolution, frame rate, and other technical aspects of games, instead of actual gameplay, more than anyone else.

#29 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

Mommy ignoring you again today. Sorry to hear that junior.

#30 Edited by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -

@Bruin1986 said:

@walloftruth said:

Ironic, considering that at the present time, CONSOLE gamers (especially Sony fanboys) are the ones obsessing over resolution, frame rate, and other technical aspects of games, instead of actual gameplay, more than anyone else.

That's only half true. Yes, Sony fanboys are bragging with their 1080p/60FPS but as soon as they do a commando of hermits takes over the thread and claims that 1080p/60FPS is for chumps and 4k and 120FPS are the only real way to play games.

#31 Edited by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@walloftruth said:

And as usual, you have nothing constructive to bring to the table. And please stop stalking my posts, all you do is troll and call me "junior", "son" and "grandpa", you must have some weird fetish or something and that's cool but please leave me out of it, I'm not into that stuff.

#32 Edited by Cyberdot (3539 posts) -

Not anytime soon.

There's no need for a console when I already got a real system, but a great number of non-hollywood wannabe exclusives could possibly attract my wallet though, otherwise screw the PS4 altogether. There is no way I'm getting the X1. That's for sure.

#33 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@walloftruth said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@walloftruth said:

And as usual, you have nothing constructive to bring to the table. And please stop stalking my posts, all you do is troll and call me "junior", "son" and "grandpa", you must have some weird fetish or something and that's cool but please leave me out of it, I'm not into that stuff.

You type a bunch of ignorance and expect me to take you seriously. Sorry kid, but you got a LONG ways to go with your trolling to get an actual conversation out me with trolling.

#34 Edited by Nanomage (2419 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@walloftruth said:

That's only half true. Yes, Sony fanboys are bragging with their 1080p/60FPS but as soon as they do a commando of hermits takes over the thread and claims that 1080p/60FPS is for chumps and 4k and 120FPS are the only real way to play games.

Herms are only doing exactly what cows do to lems,arguing otherwise is hypocritical because you do the same on the other faction.

#35 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17309 posts) -

@lostrib said:

not anytime soon

This. I'm in no hurry. MS and Sony have plenty of time to show some more exclusives, and give some more reason to buy their console.

Not interested in timed exclusivity or exclusive DLC. I want to see more real exclusives.

#36 Posted by bobbetybob (19296 posts) -

I will get both eventually, not going to get either of them until something comes out that I really care about though.

#37 Edited by Ginosaji (965 posts) -

I always get (almost) every console. I will buy both the X1 and PS4 eventually. I'm thinking in 2016 after I build a new PC.

#38 Posted by KungfuKitten (21286 posts) -

If you throw your money away so easily by buying both when already having a gaming PC, then I want you to know that giving the money to me instead is more rewarding. It will fill you with a good fluffy feeling to know that I can do awesome things with that money.

#39 Posted by WallofTruth (1826 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@walloftruth said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@walloftruth said:

Herms are only doing exactly what cows do to lems,arguing otherwise is hypocritical because you do the same on the other faction.

How do you explain that herms are doing it to lems as well?

#40 Posted by TheFadeForever (1900 posts) -

If they got the cash power to them

#41 Posted by Snugenz (12363 posts) -

Voted yes because it's fairly likely that i will own both of em eventually.

#42 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

If I had an excess of cash flowing out of my pockets at this very second I'd consider owning both. I might not ever use them personally, but I'm sure someone would.

But nah, as a PC gamer I find it harder and harder to justify the cost of consoles, and their games. As good as a console game might look, for every one good console game there seem to be a few dozen good PC games, and chances are I can buy a handful of them for the same price as the one console game.

My time is more than used up by PC gaming alone, and consoles don't really strive to have unique libraries anymore anyways. It seems there will never again be a console like the PS2, or the SNES.

#43 Edited by clyde46 (47003 posts) -

@treedoor said:

If I had an excess of cash flowing out of my pockets at this very second I'd consider owning both. I might not ever use them personally, but I'm sure someone would.

But nah, as a PC gamer I find it harder and harder to justify the cost of consoles, and their games. As good as a console game might look, for every one good console game there seem to be a few dozen good PC games, and chances are I can buy a handful of them for the same price as the one console game.

My time is more than used up by PC gaming alone, and consoles don't really strive to have unique libraries anymore anyways. It seems there will never again be a console like the PS2, or the SNES.

The PS2 had so many unique games.

#44 Posted by dr_jashugan (2590 posts) -

I'll be getting a PS4 eventually. But I also need to change my notebook. Hell of a problem there, considering my limited budget. 8-\

#45 Posted by granddogg (435 posts) -

i had both preoredered and pretty much payed for and just didnt see anything this year will wait for more games

#46 Posted by cloudff7tm (3975 posts) -

I plan to get both. PS4 first and X1 when I get tax returns maybe.

#47 Edited by Joedgabe (5131 posts) -

I'll get one down the line.. but i never get a console at launch..... i hate the waiting game :/

#48 Edited by cfisher2833 (1720 posts) -

Yeah, probably after a few years and there's been a decent amount of exclusives released. In the short term...no.

#49 Posted by Nanomage (2419 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@Nanomage said:

@walloftruth said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@walloftruth said:

How do you explain that herms are doing it to lems as well?

Food chain. When you´re on top you can shit on everybody.

#50 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

PS4 when Destiny hits. I was so hoping this would be out on the PC.