Another amazing exclusive for PC - Consoles am cry - Updated

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Never played an x game before but this looks amazing, going quit my job when this comes out.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

[QUOTE="MlauTheDaft"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"] not an mmo and you need something fairly contemporary

1080pOnly

So a 920 at 3.6 might not be all that great?

Will certainly be able to run it and run it well.  It's a quad core, over the recommended speed and this engine has been designed for multi-threading.  It's been in development 7 years.

And it was lik 50? that's extremely tempting.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Damnsmooth"] I think you'd have to be partially retarded not to care about this type of game .Damnsmooth

you're an idiot

Care to explain to me exactly what about this game isn't awesome? Besides the fact that your consoles aren't running it, that is.

Lostrib isn´t  a consolite  and me neither. So don´t attack me. 

The problem I have with this kind of games is that they usually require dozens of hours of gameplay before you start getting any fun. They are usually very slow-paced. You build your trade empire for long long time. It may become quite repetitive and time consuming.

I hope it´s not a single player version of Eve Online :P. I just don´t have so much time to spend on one game. Certainly will try it though.

Armoured_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Armoured_Mage
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

i REALLY hate space 'sims', i cant stand that games like this of this quality only exist in f'n space.

cant someone make a game like this but on earth?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

You can already pre-order this game on Steam.

Damnsmooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Damnsmooth
Member since 2006 • 542 Posts

[QUOTE="Damnsmooth"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

you're an idiot

jhonMalcovich

Care to explain to me exactly what about this game isn't awesome? Besides the fact that your consoles aren't running it, that is.

Lostrib isn´t  a consolite  and me neither. So don´t attack me. 

The problem I have with this kind of games is that they usually require dozens of hours of gameplay before you start getting any fun. They are usually very slow-paced. You build your trade empire for long long time. It may become quite repetitive and time consuming.

I hope it´s not a single player version of Eve Online :P. I just don´t have so much time to spend on one game. Certainly will try it though.

Every genre has it's flaws, and bad games can definitely exploit them. Based solely on the video in the OP, I find the game amazing. I know that's what a trailer is supposed to accomplish, but this one does it's job really well.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Lovely. If you are intimidated by Eve Online but craving for Star Citizen which is still years away, this is the game to get.
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
GTA 5 - cry now
Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

GTA 5 - cry nowInfinite_Access

You realize we are gonna get the superior version, right? While we wait we have great games like this to play.

Avatar image for FLegendOfZeldaU
FLegendOfZeldaU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 FLegendOfZeldaU
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts
Consoles am crying of laughter, no one cares for this type of junk XD
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

This game looks way better than GTA5.

GuNsbl4ziN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GuNsbl4ziN
Member since 2010 • 285 Posts

Very good indeed.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="Infinite_Access"]GTA 5 - cry nowultimate-k

This game looks way better than GTA5.

opinions, how do they work?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Yea, because thats never coming to PC...:roll:

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

i don't think they care about this type of game

1080pOnly

Of course they don't, but not because they don't want to play it but because they know the consoles could never run it. You typically don't beg for things you know you aren't able to have.

Can you imagine if this was a launch title on PS4? Cows would be creaming themselves! Wow, its the best thing ever, look at the graphics, total open world, incredible sandbox, nothing on Xbone blah blah. It would be the same for the lemmings.

Keep telling yourself that dude,these sort of games are a very niche market.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

[QUOTE="1080pOnly"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

i don't think they care about this type of game

OneInchMan99

Of course they don't, but not because they don't want to play it but because they know the consoles could never run it. You typically don't beg for things you know you aren't able to have.

Can you imagine if this was a launch title on PS4? Cows would be creaming themselves! Wow, its the best thing ever, look at the graphics, total open world, incredible sandbox, nothing on Xbone blah blah. It would be the same for the lemmings.

Keep telling yourself that dude,these sort of games are a very niche market.

I stand by what I said.  If this was on PS4 at launch people would be alllll over it as the best thing ever, GOTY locked down etc.  I never said it wasn't a niche game, I don't see how this affects how good it is.  Also, they do have 420,000 registered forum users and many more that have actually purchased their games so I guess they aren't THAT niche.

(Look how much money Star Citizen has taken so far from crowd-sourcing alone, $16 million.  I'd say this is an indicator of a substantial, relatively untapped market).

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Star Citizen will be better I think. Great year for people who dig Space simulation games.
Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

Im a multiplatform gamer.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

It's looking really good and will be good practice for Star Citizen, well this and the SC dog fighting alpha at the end of the year.

X games are very hard to pin down but I'll give it a go.

They're primarily a story driven single player space flight simulator. Inside that you have a massive open ended universe or sand box game where you can do what you want. You can spend your time trading transporting goods from place to place while you build your merchant empire and eventually have a fleet of transporters earning you money. Buy factories and become a manufacturing giant, whether you build engines, weapons or even entire ships from fighters to battleships is up to you.

From a more action point of view you can be a bounty hunter or a pirate and build your wealth that way, to the point where you can own and fly entire fleets of capital ships, from frigates to carriers and battleships building a military empire by force of arms.

These few short lines don't do the X games justice but one thing is for sure, they are most definitely not games that have a 10 hour campaign and get stuck on the shelf to gather dust. The one other thing I'll guarantee you, they are not for everyone and many people would find them boring, especially early on but that's where the story driven game comes into play.

The devs are also sh!t at animating people and the videos I've seen, so far, of Rebirth haven't done anything to change my mind in that respect, although they are much improved on early installments of the series.

If you've got a PC that can handle it, you could probably do a lot worse than getting Rebirth. I reckon the review scores will be in the region of 7 to 8. It'll also make GTA V look small and very restricted.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

I just hope this game actually has depth... unlike the last X games. They just consume time and the trade system is totally stupid when space stations can only carry a very small amount of equipment, you just end up with ships shuffling frieght around and causing an artificial shortage. 

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

I'm looking forward to the streamlined gameplay. The X3 has always been extremely complex but sadly never that deep. Its own complexities always strangled itself. Its depth comes from the choices you make but often you'll spend more time micromanaging than you will be making meaningful decisions. If they can fix that the game will get a whole lot better. It looks like they've take a lot of steps in the right direction. Hopefully this will be a rich experience that isn't too complicated for its own good.

The combat looks much better and much more rewarding. I'm really looking forward to seeing massive battles around these massive stations.

Wasdie

Recent interview

http://www.games-arena.ro/2013/08/25/interview-x-rebirth-with-bernd-lehahn/

GA: Controlling a vast galactic empire could be a challenge in the X games, leading to a lot of, what I would call, menu diving. Have you streamlined the process in any way?

BL: YES. That was one of our most important goals. You manage your property like stations and ships by talking to people. Also you dont have to care about objects that are assigned to bosses. So a large transporter that works directly for your would still report to you about his actions but when you assign it to a station it reports to that stations manager and you would only hear from that manager about bigger things.

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts

starship_troopers2.jpeg

would rather see a new fps based on this movie

awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

Not really my sort of thing. Would be a lot cooler if you could board enemy stations, etc and go all Starship trooper on evveryones ass inside.