AngryJoe gives Destiny a 6/10

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#51 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Destiny got 77/100 so far from 76 critics.

Playstation Official Magazine Australia gave this game a 100 score

Gamecritics gave the game the lowest score of 45.

I would trust a reviewer giving a score and review as a critical assessment rather then giving it an instant 9/10 just because the game is fun and cool.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Account from 1990? HALO "2"? lol

I am a prophet.

Can't argue with something like that

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I find it hilarious people buy into the hype pre-order stuff for an unproven games with no reviews at release by an unproven developer and by that I mean they have never excelled at anything other than one game series, and even then didn't they lose quite a lot of their developers in the break up from Microsoft?

Too many games now have too much style and no substance, you can no longer judge a game based on fancy engines and pretty visuals.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@Motokid6 said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS: Who's pc?

dell, alienware, etc.

So Dell and Alienware payed off reviewers to give Destiny bad reviews? Do you have a source?

That's like asking for a source to verify that the Illuminati aliens who abducted you last night probed you 3 times instead of only 2 times.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Good thing I don't get sucked into hype anymore (thanks to you Diablo 3!). Now just a couple of million players more and just maybe the devs will actually make their game better.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

@Motokid6 said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@Motokid6 said:

dell, alienware, etc.

So Dell and Alienware payed off reviewers to give Destiny bad reviews? Do you have a source?

That's like asking for a source to verify that the Illuminati aliens who abducted you last night probed you 3 times instead of only 2 times.

You can't prove that illuminati aliens didn't abduct me and show me their home planet in a spacecraft that looked exactly like a 1984 Winnebago. Therefore, it is true.

LOL OWNEEEEDDDDDD, lern2debate noob!

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

That review was spot on and entertaining.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#60 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Is it true about the story changing from old builds and aspects being removed?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@edwardecl: Well.. you heard Joe. He hit the nail on the head. Destiny sold as well as it did because of Bungies legacy.

Which got me thinking... Why does Bungie need a publisher? Surely they have more then enough money to go indie. ( Which all developers should do )

I doubt they had $500 million saved up to foot the bill for Destiny.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

a Call of Duty game could score a 5/10 on average and yet 30 million people will buy it

Destiny looks like it'll sell despite reviews just on how over-hyped it was.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@mikhail said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@Motokid6 said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@Motokid6 said:

dell, alienware, etc.

You can't prove that illuminati aliens didn't abduct me and show me their home planet in a spacecraft that looked exactly like a 1984 Winnebago. Therefore, it is true.

LOL OWNEEEEDDDDDD, lern2debate noob!

I submit.

You win.

I r dum.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

wouldn't surprise me

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 foxhound_fox

@nutcrackr said:

Don't think we'll ever know unless Bungie devs come out and admit it. There are plenty of rumours circulating now, and aside from Joe's mention of it, I've heard additional rumours that it's directly related to cut content being made into DLC.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

He would have given the game a 4/10 if it didn't have the PVP multiplayer. I actually dislike the PVP in this game, so maybe I'm not being harsh enough on this game, it is incredibly flawed.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By foxhound_fox

@Motokid6 said:

@foxhound_fox: Yes, but it's clear that a significant portion of that 500million did NOT go into the game. Why does such a prestigious dev need such an extensive marketing campaign to sell their games?

Probably because they were forced into providing a cut-down experience and know that good marketing schemes sell AAA blockbusters better than good gameplay, good story or good anything ever could.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

Who the hell is Angry Joe?

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

It's a shame if they were directed to hold back content for the sake of future DLC, because I always found that Bungie made satisfying single-player campaigns in the past. On the other hand, I was always skeptical about Destiny, knowing that it was going to be similar to an MMO. The only MMO I've played is Guild Wars 2, which felt tedious and boring after a while.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By foxhound_fox

@Comduter said:

Who the hell is Angry Joe?

A fairly famous Youtube personality known for his epic rants and exaggerated mannerisms.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

It might have been a 6/10 but this is possibly his angriest review yet.

@WitIsWisdom said:

Who cares what some random person scored some random game.

1,591,185 people, including myself, do.

And he says in the review that his clan is the third largest in the game.

Well isn't that special? I would say a good 1.4 million of those random people are not subscribed to him for his uncanny super ability to review games. People subscribe to him (just like AVGN) because they find it humorous. I'm not saying that either one of them aren't funny. I have had a good chuckle at both. That being said, I could care less about the size of his clan or any other mundane fact. The point remains that if the game is so bad then why would all those loyal followers decide to purchase the game? Interesting... it couldn't be because they watch those videos for entertainment purposes.

Funny how so many people get their panties in such a twist when someone uses a little logic around here. At least one thing at this site hasn't changed in 10 years though.

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Rictshard
Member since 2014 • 265 Posts

And why do people still listen to this idiot? Don't get me wrong, I think Destiny sucks too but Angry Joe is a moron.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@-RocBoys9489- said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Who cares what some random person scored some random game. Just like this site or any other individual site. I have know the hypocrisy of not using sites like metacritic or gamerankings around these parts for a long time, but the truth stands that you will find the most diverse and accurate game scores at those places since they are a compiled average of 100's of different outlets.

On that note, scores are like A'holes.... I think you know the rest.. lol. Still wont stop me from reviewing games either. However, on that note I would make it clear from the start that it is just an opinion, which is something people seem to forget exists these days.

Yea, it's an opinion...but it's based on FACTS. And the FACTS back up that this game SUCKS ASS. His opinions of the amazing presentation, music, and overall gameplay mechanics are the only qualities that back up the game positively. But the facts presented tell otherwise. Don't even tell me it's an opinion that this game has a fucking awful story and a random loot system that blows cock.

Opinions are not based on facts. It is, however, possible to have an opinion that is a fact, if you are originally ignorant to the proven findings, and the truth can be proven without scientific doubt... but, lets not go there since that isn't the case here. Reviews are subjective, and therefore, even if 99 out of 100 people agree with each other within close measure, it still makes the opinion no closer to a fact than it would have been if each of those 100 people would have had completely different points of view. There are no facts to support Destiny (or any other game) deserves any score, or that any of the things you brought up are more than personal preference or opinion. My opinion is (as I have stated before), about the closest you will get to a consensus (not fact) are through sites that average out a compilation of respected reviewers. Is my opinion fact? No, of course not, but one can have an educated opinion without taking the words of another for law ;) That is why I respect all opinions whether I agree or not. It is always interesting to see where someone is coming from if their opinion greatly varies from that of my own. I believe If one has an open mind, they may learn something.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#76 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I tend to trust YouTube personalities with moderate fanbase like TB, AJ, etc. more than major sites when it comes to reviews and impressions. They are generally harder to buy off. Personalities with massive fanbase on the other hand are a different story...

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

I wanted to get Destiny so bad. I was honestly waiting on AngryJoe's review. I did the same with Titanfall and skipped it.

I may get Destiny when it has more content to flesh out the story, but for right now ill pass.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

@rictshard said:

And why do people still listen to this idiot? Don't get me wrong, I think Destiny sucks too but Angry Joe is a moron.

Why do people like things i don't like.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#79 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Excellent review as always .

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#80 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Angry Joe is 100% right. Destiny has a ton of problems with its overall structure, which is a bummer because the art design and gunplay are fantastic.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Too many ppl live by reviews.

It's a bunch of opinions like anyone else. I love the game...there are lots of ppl that do.

I don't understand the cry babies that complain about gear. You're not suppose to get exotics 2 hours into the game. The guy in the video thats going "I'M DONE...I'M DONE....I'M DONE"....jesus man...if ppl got gear based on their performance after a strike then ppl wouldn't worry about team play and only care about getting the most kills and whatnot so they could get gear.

That dude is a fucking child.

He was all happy about beating a boss...but then the challenge of the game wasn't good enough....he wanted a reward for doing something that lots of ppl do.

Shit man....lots of ppl finish these strikes....that's nothing special. Thats entitlement. "I WANT MY GEAR NOW!!!!!!"

Wow....it's random so ppl who suck at the game have a chance to get gear. I guess enjoying a game for the game's sake is long gone...everyone wants a reward for doing something that millions of others are doing.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

I wanted to get Destiny so bad. I was honestly waiting on AngryJoe's review. I did the same with Titanfall and skipped it.

You're missing out on two really good games.

Destiny is an oddball though. I didn't watch AngryJoe review it but IGN's review is spot-on.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

I may get Destiny when it has more content to flesh out the story, but for right now ill pass.

its just an opinion. If you still want it get it.

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts
@navyguy21 said:

But he actually liked titanfall

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

I really can't stand this guy. He makes fair points, but he takes too long to make them and all the forced anger and constant shouting is really annoying.

IMO the gametrailers review is spot on. Yes, the game has its flaws but it's just a lot of fun to play.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

What a ripoff....

Console owners getting milked yet again.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#89 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Stringerboy said:

He got fat.

yeah he's put some weight on hasn't he.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@which_wich said:

Destiny is the new Too Human. No one is surprised. Let it go.

This is an apt comparison.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#92 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i wonder if he played passed lvl 20

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By tubbyc

@walloftruth said:

I give Destiny a 5/10, now please make a thread about it TC since we should all care what random people on the internet think about Destiny.

Not the same thing, and it's not just about a score. The internet is a useful tool for getting detailed impressions of games from many different people. It helps for finding out information about games, and then factoring in our own preferences/past experiences to decide which games are likely to be worth our time and money.

So even though I wouldn't let one person like Angry Joe decide what I'll buy, he is a source for information and gives detailed accounts of his time with games, and far from just some random guy. He's also very passionate and honest. As others have found, his presentation can get a bit annoying, but he's kind of entertaining too.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@walloftruth said:

I give Destiny a 5/10, now please make a thread about it TC since we should all care what random people on the internet think about Destiny.

Do you have a million subscribers on youtube with 700k views per video?

Do you make enough on youtube to make it your full time job? This show is his full time job. Apparently enough people care that he can make a living out of it.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tubbyc

@The_Last_Ride said:

He did talk about that from 27:10 - a lot more farming and grinding.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#96 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@dalger21 said:

Welcome to last week.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#97 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts
@i_return said:

AngryJoe is Kevin's long lost brother.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

I understand why he's popular. The review is informative, his pro and cons sound honest, effort put with the effects and it's fun to listen/watch. The Activision guy got really annoying tho.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#99 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

what level are you?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#100 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@tubbyc said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

He did talk about that from 27:10 - a lot more farming and grinding.

I watched it, but he didn't specifically say if he did. Did he do raids? Had he done any heroic strikes? Because if he didn't, he pretty much missed the point. Seing how he doesn't play mmo's either, i don't think he get's the whole idea of the game either. He usually just goes for popular games, at least from the reviews i have seen or really crappy games