Am i wrong if a say PS 4 surpassed PS 3 and going to surpass PS/PS 2 soon?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

I think it's already better than ps3 but still very far from Ps and ps2, but again ps4 still have another 3 years to go at least.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@mmmwksil said:
@putaspongeon said:

Those games are on ps4 though besides catherine.

Sounds like you only like 5 games on ps3 and 4 of them are on ps4.

You aren't picky, you just have weird ass taste in video games.

You mean to tell me Okami is on PS4 now? Hot damn! Finally something new to play on the stupid thing!

And whether you call it picky or weird ass taste, point is PS4 has little to offer me right now. So I certainly don't agree with this idea that it will "overtake the PS2" or that it has even overtaken the PS3.

There are tons of games that play games in the genres you like.

PS4 has stuff to offer, you just are biased and don't look since you think you know what you're talking about.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@putaspongeon said:

There are tons of games that play games in the genres you like.

PS4 has stuff to offer, you just are biased and don't look since you think you know what you're talking about.

And clearly you know what my likes are better than me, too. How wonderful it must be to think yourself a better judge of my tastes than myself.

But if it helps you sleep tonight, yes. I am entirely biased against the PS4 and I don't know a thing about what I am talking about. Sweet dreams.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#104 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@brah4ever said:
@PSP107 said:

@Shewgenja: @charizard1605:

Arent today's publishers spending more on marketing than actual game development?

Anyway, Charziard. What do mean 6 gen was perfect. Please elaborate.

Yeah, a lot of times the marketing cost more than games themselves, especially in the western AAA market.

What Charizard meant about gen 6 was that, the cost of making a game was just right. Compare the games output from the west/east in that gen to now and it's a huge difference across all the consoles. I'm talking AA/AAA here.

When gen 7 landed and HD graphics became the norm the cost of making a game went up exponentially and many devs went bankrupt (think THQ, Midway, or even look at Japans game output in 7th gen, it was poor). AA gaming died and is now making a comeback thanks to the PS4 selling well.

Many of the devs outside of the indie space were taking risks, where as Gen 7 to current it's become "lets make what works and just make the graphics a bit better".

Less new IPs overall and slower games output in the AA/AAA space.

Couldn't have said it better, thank you.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@putaspongeon said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@putaspongeon said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@putaspongeon said:

Make the list.

I was born in january of 93.

But yeah, make the list, that's a damn impressive game list.

So you were 5? yeah you never touched anything in 98.

your opinion is null.

your list is still garbage.

I played games quite early and it doesn't take a genius to realize that old games can even be played by someone born 3 years ago.

Your second line is pathetic.

My list is better than the list you failed to make cuz you realize I'm right and you're a stubborn little bitch.

Your list is shit and others tend to agree, rage moar

1998 > your shitlist

Because you say so?

Make the list fail troll. We'll let everyone else choose.

you picking fights with everyone in this thread huh? and you're getting rekt.

your shitlist is bad, and you should feel bad.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@brah4ever: You nailed it.

Before Gen 7, AAA games didn't need to sell through 500k copies in order to flip a tidy profit. You put that very well.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#107 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I would absolutely take the PS3's 07, 08, and 09 over the PS4's 14, 15, 16.

So other than better commercial success, and being the better third party multiplat console, nah. That said we're finally seeing some cool stuff like Nioh.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 PutASpongeOn

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@putaspongeon said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@putaspongeon said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

So you were 5? yeah you never touched anything in 98.

your opinion is null.

your list is still garbage.

I played games quite early and it doesn't take a genius to realize that old games can even be played by someone born 3 years ago.

Your second line is pathetic.

My list is better than the list you failed to make cuz you realize I'm right and you're a stubborn little bitch.

Your list is shit and others tend to agree, rage moar

1998 > your shitlist

Because you say so?

Make the list fail troll. We'll let everyone else choose.

you picking fights with everyone in this thread huh? and you're getting rekt.

your shitlist is bad, and you should feel bad.

Failure.

You're the type who instead of actually debating using logic only goes "I'm right, hahaha -insert insult-"

Ie, you're baby fat that should be burned off from this site, time for you to go since you don't bring anything of substance but failed flame bait attempts.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@putaspongeon: lmao the irony, your last 3 posts have been insults too, you're just fuming.. must suck to have shit tastes and get so easily butthurt.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PutASpongeOn

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

@putaspongeon: lmao the irony, your last 3 posts have been insults too, you're just fuming.. must suck to have shit tastes and get so easily butthurt.

Cuz I'm not going to waste my time actually arguing when you're just full of shit and going to fling shit.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

Not for me, the PS3 and PS2 had much better games in a shorter timespan. PS4's still just a Bloodborne machine imo.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@saltslasher said:

As someone who owned every PlayStation, 1 and 2 their first Christmas, PS3 at end of its generation, and just got a PS4. We likely haven't seen this disparage since PS2. I specifically remember having PS2 and PSP, and it was what everyone played, literally had like 1 friend who had Gamecube (borrowed it for RE4 and was good) while most of us got Xbox 1's cause Halo was totally worth it. This gen it's the same way. Everyone I know has a PS4, and had 1 family member with Wii U (right now I'd borrow Wii U/Switch for 1 game and be good aka BotW) while some of my family and friends got Xbox One cause Halo was worth it.

----------------

Shorter Versions:

-PS2 killed Sega and beat Nintendo by a legit 7 fold and the Sony's handheld whooped Nintendo's console, all in 1 generation, and Xbox 1 lived to tell the story.

-PS4 killed Ouya and Steam Machines and has been shutting down Shield/Fire TV's, whooped Nintendo by a legit 6 fold and Sony's handheld Vita beat Nintendo's console, all in the same generation and Xbox One lived to tell the story!

It's like a mirror generation. Add in the trajectory of PS4 sales, mixed in with same popularity levels as PS2 and anyone would come to the same conclusion that PS4 is surpassing its predecessors, if not in the same league.

I mean take away Generation 7 (where all 3 console makers were in top 10 best consoles sold all-time) and Nintendo and Xbox have almost zero success stories. Nintendo's best work is in handhelds and Wii, no wonder they built a hybrid of handheld and motion controls, I just wonder if people see that this was their same best trick a decade ago. Xbox has done well for being new to the game in 2001, their own little revolutionary ideas and their niche this gen has kept them above the curve that PS4 set.

LOL killed Ouya and steam machines? They were DOA. The wii U was already on its death bed when ps4 released. I mean if you want to accept that the ps2 participated in the Olympics and the ps4 is participating in the special Olympics ...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#113 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@indzman said:
@sukraj said:
@indzman said:

WOW. Been following Playstations since PS 2 days.Never seen sooo many AAA's back to back on any PS systems compared to PS 4 lol.To me it seems PS 4 will become Sony's best console of all time in terms of awesome exclusives pretty soon from the direction its going.

Correct me if i'm wrong , well? ?

aww kida paaji

Sat sri kal paji, tuhada ki hal he? :)

Teek Tak He lol

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@sukraj: Jio guru ?

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#115 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

So you missed the days of the glory Playstation renamed PSX and later PSOne.

I don't think the PS4 will surpass previous system but it has something good going on.

After 4 gen of Playstation brand I must say Sony is a late bloomer. The system always has a hard time during the first 2 to 3 years and then it blooms into something really great.

The first year of the Playstation wasn't that great ... samething with PS2, it became legendary by selling heavily when Guitar Hero came out in its last 2 years before that it wasn't really impressive. PS3 became this unstoppable monster in the last 2 years of the system when Microsoft kinda gave up at this point.

I guess we will see.

To me the OG Playstation is still the best system of all 4 gen. We got 4 final fantasy title, vagrant story, parasite eve, resident evil, tekken, destruction derby 2, crash bandicoot.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

in terms of sales it hasn't surpassed the ps3 yet

HeyNiceHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 HeyNiceHat
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

While the PS4 is selling at a faster rate than some of the previous PS consoles, it has a ways to go before it actually sells more hardware.

PS2 - 150 million units worldwide (as of March 31, 2012)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2#Sales

PS4 - 53.4 million units worldwide (as of January 1, 2017)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4#Sales

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#118 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@indzman said:

@sukraj: Jio guru ?

sat nam waha guru lol