All but official, Bungie breaks away from Microsoft Game Studios

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

part of the reason its a "commercial success" is because of the huge MS sponsored advertising campagn that easily rivals even top blockbuster movies....without it...I doubt it would sell particulary well.

cobrax75

Exactly, Halo would not be what it is today if it weren't for Microsoft.

Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts

part of the reason its a "commercial success" is because of the huge MS sponsored advertising campagn that easily rivals even top blockbuster movies....without it...I doubt it would sell particulary well.

cobrax75

I don't remember the first Halo having a huge advertising campaign (I could be wrong), I mean I only knew about it because I played it at Gamestop.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

All Microsoft did was buy them out while they were making Halo.

TyrantDragon55

Halo was going to be a PC/Mac RTS before microsoft bought them out, there's no way it would have been as successful.

Why not? The PC/MAC userbase was and is much, much larger than the Xbox ever was. Halo 1 only ever got to about 5 million.

I think it's fair to speculate Halo could have been much bigger if it was released on PC as was originally intended.

Because RTSs are not as mainstream as FPSs, it could have been successful but I doubt it would have been the comercial success it is today.

Firstly, I was under the impression Bungie made the genre jump before the Microsoft acquisition.

And RTS are indeed as mainsteam as FPS. Look at the success of franchises like Command and Conquer, Warcraft and Age of Empires. All those franchises have outsold Halo. Or look at Starcraft, with about 10 million units sold in a single game.

The only real argument to say that Microsoft would have dramatically affected Halo's success would be advertisement, which really isn't as pressing on the PC.

naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 naughtydog360
Member since 2007 • 805 Posts
[QUOTE="naughtydog360"][QUOTE="thirstychainsaw"][QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

Then they would of said " Of course it's not true. Don't be ridiculous"..

But what did Bungie say ? " Talk to your Edelman rep. "

LOL

thirstychainsaw

They didn't comment on the 640p incident until now, they don't want to bothered.

When asked about the 640p incident they didnt reply " Talk to your Edelman rep." They gave us there answer, there reasons.

We do all know Micrsoft, they dont want any bad media, they would respond FAST" but this time... nothing yet ..

Anyone remember the PGR thing with Dvd9 disk space :O ect. ect..

Okay.

"We would ignore it entirely were it not for the internet's propensity for drama where none exists. In fact the reason we haven't mentioned this before in weekly updates, is the simple fact that it would have distracted conversation away from more important aspects of the game, and given tinfoil hats some new gristle to chew on as they catalogued their toenail clippings."

You dont get it, they do anything they like. Im talking about Micrsoft, somthing this big for them.. noway there still quiet.. Microsoft is breaking there recored.

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if ms announced next year that they are going to cease xbox 360 production.-Renegade

i honestly wouldnt be surprised if you get banned for being such an idiot.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Danm_999

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if ms announced next year that they are going to cease xbox 360 production.-Renegade

Why wouldn't you? In all probability it's going to be the PS3 who sells the worst this holiday season; it's still the most expensive console with the smallest games library.

Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts

You dont get it, they do anything they like. Im talking about Micrsoft, somthing this big for them.. noway there still quiet.. Microsoft is breaking there recored.

naughtydog360

Their normal response is usually "Microsoft doesn't commit on rumors or speculations." :|

"While Microsoft quickly raised its boilerplate defense shields (Q: "Is the world flat?" A: "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation.")"

Link

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]i honestly wouldn't be surprised if ms announced next year that they are going to cease xbox 360 production.shoeman12

i could say the same thing about sony. 5 million consoles sold vs 11 million sold, which is worse?

ps3 has legit reason for it's sales 360 does not. the console has failed to attract any major attention outside of the usa and has cost ms billions of dollars with no signs of profits in the next few years. so ms stopping 360 production would be a good thing for them.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#109 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

i find it funny some ppl are getting excited over a rumor. especially a rumor that sounds bogus.

i guess some ppl forgot about the rumor about someone having dinner at a restaurant with one of the bioshock developers and they confirmed bioshock was coming to ps3. funny how cows were excited about the news, but when the rumor was debunked some of them started to act like the game was overated.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#110 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
I like rumors, they make people look like idiots. :)
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

thirstychainsaw

I don't remember the first Halo having a huge advertising campaign (I could be wrong), I mean I only knew about it because I played it at Gamestop.

it was deffinetly MS's major focal point on the Xbox....it didnt have a particulary large advertisment (especially not compared to Halo 3) but being the only good Xbox game for a very long time kinda made it popular.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#112 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Here's what I bet it means:

Bungie will get bigger. Right now, Bungie makes games, but they use the help of Microsoft Game Studios and laboratories like panguyan, which are a part of the microsoft machine that have existed before Bungie was aquired.Bungie has been using microsoft's resources (mainly on Halo 2 and 3). So, Bungie, a relatively small studio, meshed into microsoft to make games bigger then they could have dared try on their own. Maybe they are splitting in that now Bungie is getting their own studios and will get to control every aspect of the games production (at the behest of microsoft of course, who still owns them)

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 TyrantDragon55
[QUOTE="shoeman12"]

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]i honestly wouldn't be surprised if ms announced next year that they are going to cease xbox 360 production.-Renegade

i could say the same thing about sony. 5 million consoles sold vs 11 million sold, which is worse?

ps3 has legit reason for it's sales 360 does not. the console has failed to attract any major attention outside of the usa and has cost ms billions of dollars with no signs of profits in the next few years. so ms stopping 360 production would be a good thing for them.

The PS3 hasn't had much success in ANY territory, and is also costing sony billions of dollars.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Danm_999
[QUOTE="shoeman12"]

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]i honestly wouldn't be surprised if ms announced next year that they are going to cease xbox 360 production.-Renegade

The 360 has sold well in Western Europe and Australasia. As we speak Halo 3 is breaking sales records outside the USA. The 360 is selling more globally than the PS3 on average this year.

Although they've taken a hit on the warranty repairs, their finally making money on each unit sold. Why would they drop out now?

RickyStackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 RickyStackz
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts

You guys remember when Epic and Microsoft had their little feud?

I'm sure with a little cash incentive, even if the Bungie crew wanted to leave, they would re-think.

If they do they leave, then I will purchase a PS3. If Microsoft is willing to just throw away the developers that made the Xbox what it is, I don't want to take my chances with them because then it would just prove to me that greed has steered them away from what truly is important.

naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 naughtydog360
[QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

Only Speculating.

Microsoft can easily hand the Hao series over to another developer but would they be as good as the real developers, or would they ruin the game ? ( most people that take over other people game ruin it.. )

TyrantDragon55

Doesn't matter, my point is why would Microsoft force Halo on bungie (to the point that bungie employees opt to leave) when they obviously don't mindputting the franchise in the hands of other developers?

Halo war isnt FPS from what i heard. Somthing all the way new, but its basied on halo. ( sorry for my grammer and spelling, its 5 AM here, tired and sleepy :( )

Its like your saying, why doesnt Micrsoft give the Halo 4 Project to PGR4 developer and lets see what happens... NOT HAPPENING halo would be ruined

KD-Archangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 KD-Archangel
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts
The original source where all of these respectable gaming sites are getting the rumor from is a random blogger for the Seattle Times whose irrefutable source is "a friend". I'm not going to deny that a few members of the Bungie dev team might leave, as it happened before; right after Halo:CE in fact. But the whole studio just magically jumping ship...no. *EDIT* Oh and BTW, this might be one of the most grossly exaggerated, fanboyish titles on SW...ever lol. =)
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TyrantDragon55
[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

Only Speculating.

Microsoft can easily hand the Hao series over to another developer but would they be as good as the real developers, or would they ruin the game ? ( most people that take over other people game ruin it.. )

naughtydog360

Doesn't matter, my point is why would Microsoft force Halo on bungie (to the point that bungie employees opt to leave) when they obviously don't mindputting the franchise in the hands of other developers?

Halo war isnt FPS from what i heard. Somthing all the way new, but its basied on halo. ( sorry for my grammer and spelling, its 5 AM here, tired and sleepy :( )

Its like your saying, why doesnt Micrsoft give the Halo 4 Project to PGR4 developer and lets see what happens... NOT HAPPENING halo would be ruined

Halo 4? Dude, the main Halo story line is over.

naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 naughtydog360
[QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

thirstychainsaw

Their normal response is usually "Microsoft doesn't commit on rumors or speculations." :|

"While Microsoft quickly raised its boilerplate defense shields (Q: "Is the world flat?" A: "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation."), Capcom was more forthcoming."

Link

Im confused, Microsoft is creepy :(

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

Bungie is a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation. This "rumor" is pretty absurd...

bragac200

That doesn't prevent the principals within the company from leaving for other opportunities. But yeah, barring some kind of hostile re-takeover by Bungie this seems unlikely.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="bragac200"]

Bungie is a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation. This "rumor" is pretty absurd...

Runningflame570

That doesn't prevent the principals within the company from leaving for other opportunities. But yeah, barring some kind of hostile re-takeover by Bungie this seems unlikely.

bungies founder did leave a few years ago...in 2004.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts
[QUOTE="thirstychainsaw"][QUOTE="naughtydog360"][QUOTE="thirstychainsaw"][QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

Then they would of said " Of course it's not true. Don't be ridiculous"..

But what did Bungie say ? " Talk to your Edelman rep. "

LOL

naughtydog360

They didn't comment on the 640p incident until now, they don't want to bothered.

When asked about the 640p incident they didnt reply " Talk to your Edelman rep." They gave us there answer, there reasons.

We do all know Micrsoft, they dont want any bad media, they would respond FAST" but this time... nothing yet ..

Anyone remember the PGR thing with Dvd9 disk space :O ect. ect..

Okay.

"We would ignore it entirely were it not for the internet's propensity for drama where none exists. In fact the reason we haven't mentioned this before in weekly updates, is the simple fact that it would have distracted conversation away from more important aspects of the game, and given tinfoil hats some new gristle to chew on as they catalogued their toenail clippings."

MS wasnt quiet. The MS PR guy shot down the rumor pronto. It was the bungie rep that brushed them off.

naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 naughtydog360
[QUOTE="naughtydog360"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

Only Speculating.

TyrantDragon55

Halo 4? Dude, the main Halo story line is over.

was just giving you an example

and BTW

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/news/article/6376/Halo-4-already-in-development.html

Speaking with Bungie at an exclusive Microsoft event this month we were informed that there was no rest for the wicked for the team as they were already beavering away at the next Halo game in the franchise. When questioned whether the game would be a prequel, Bungie remained tight lipped as always but we have a hunch that the game might actually be Halo - The Movie Game (insert movie title prefix here). Either way, it's early days considering many are still tackling the single player of Halo 3. With huge sales across the globe for the series, there's no doubt that gamers are in store for more fighting whatever the guise may be. MSXBOXWORLD

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 -Renegade
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="shoeman12"]

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]i honestly wouldn't be surprised if ms announced next year that they are going to cease xbox 360 production.TyrantDragon55

The PS3 hasn't had much success in ANY territory, and is also costing sony billions of dollars.

yeah sony lost billions of dollars but in their next fiscal year will bring it down only to millions lost. now i am not saying it's a good thing but they are doing better then ms.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 TOAO_Cyrus1
The cows are just shooting themselves in the foot as usual. They did this with GeoW, Halo, and now they are latching on to a "friend of a friend" rumor and now MS is selling bungie and exiting the console business.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TyrantDragon55

and BTW

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/news/article/6376/Halo-4-already-in-development.html

[Quote="MSXBOXWORLD"] Speaking with Bungie at an exclusive Microsoft event this month we were informed that there was no rest for the wicked for the team as they were already beavering away at the next Halo game in the franchise. When questioned whether the game would be a prequel, Bungie remained tight lipped as always but we have a hunch that the game might actually be Halo - The Movie Game (insert movie title prefix here). Either way, it's early days considering many are still tackling the single player of Halo 3. With huge sales across the globe for the series, there's no doubt that gamers are in store for more fighting whatever the guise may be. naughtydog360

That's probably Peter Jackson's untitled Halo project, Bungie said in an interview released before Halo 3 launched that they would be assisting and overseeing it's developementas they do with all Halo related projects.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TOAO_Cyrus1
[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="shoeman12"]

yeah sony lost billions of dollars but in their next fiscal year will bring it down only to millions lost. now i am not saying it's a good thing but they are doing better then ms.

No they aren't if you count only this gen. They are losing a lot more money and the console has a much less chance of succeeding,

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 -Renegade
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="shoeman12"]

Danm_999

The 360 has sold well in Western Europe and Australasia. As we speak Halo 3 is breaking sales records outside the USA. The 360 is selling more globally than the PS3 on average this year.

Although they've taken a hit on the warranty repairs, their finally making money on each unit sold. Why would they drop out now?

maybe because they don't see any forseeable profit on the console for the next 2-3 years at the earliest? not my words microsoft's.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 TyrantDragon55

-Renegade

Isn't Halo 3 supposed to put Microsoft in the black?

naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 naughtydog360
[QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

and BTW

[Quote="MSXBOXWORLD"] Speaking with Bungie at an exclusive Microsoft event this month we were informed that there was no rest for the wicked for the team as they were already beavering away at the next Halo game in the franchise. When questioned whether the game would be a prequel, Bungie remained tight lipped as always but we have a hunch that the game might actually be Halo - The Movie Game (insert movie title prefix here). Either way, it's early days considering many are still tackling the single player of Halo 3. With huge sales across the globe for the series, there's no doubt that gamers are in store for more fighting whatever the guise may be. TyrantDragon55

That's probably Peter Jackson's untitled Halo project, Bungie said in an interview released before Halo 3 launched that they would be assisting and overseeing it's developementas they do with all Halo related projects.

Quick question, how many halo projects are there ? all i knew was Halo 3 and Halo wars :S

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 TOAO_Cyrus1
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="shoeman12"]

-Renegade

maybe because they don't see any forseeable profit on the console for the next 2-3 years at the earliest? not my words microsoft's.

Pulleese. Right now the Xbox brand is in a better position then it has ever been.

KD-Archangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 KD-Archangel
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="shoeman12"]

-Renegade

I doubt it, the 360 is expected to turn a substantial profit in 2008.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 -Renegade

[QUOTE="-Renegade"]i honestly wouldn't be surprised if ms announced next year that they are going to cease xbox 360 production.TheDarkDisciple

why because i am making legit observations? what i am saying is not that far fetched.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 TOAO_Cyrus1
[QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

and BTW

[Quote="MSXBOXWORLD"] Speaking with Bungie at an exclusive Microsoft event this month we were informed that there was no rest for the wicked for the team as they were already beavering away at the next Halo game in the franchise. When questioned whether the game would be a prequel, Bungie remained tight lipped as always but we have a hunch that the game might actually be Halo - The Movie Game (insert movie title prefix here). Either way, it's early days considering many are still tackling the single player of Halo 3. With huge sales across the globe for the series, there's no doubt that gamers are in store for more fighting whatever the guise may be. naughtydog360

Quick question, how many halo projects are there ? all i knew was Halo 3 and Halo wars :S

Theres the Peter Jackson game and thats it I believe.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
[QUOTE="SergeantSnitch"][QUOTE="kevy619"]

[QUOTE="SergeantSnitch"][QUOTE="kevy619"]Official, Gran Turismo 5 Xox 360 exclusive! PBSnipes

Do you even think? If the rumors are true, it doesn't mean that Halo is going to appear on the PS3. It just means that Bungie is breaking away from Microsoft Game Studios and developing other games on their own.

The rumours cant be true, Bungie is owned by microsoft. The blogger really gives himself away when he said microsoft was considering pulling out of the console business.

Bungie is owned by Microsoft but that doesn't mean they can't break away depending on their contract/agreement. Unless they signed an agreement to be owned forever by Microsoft, things can change.

By law Bungie is MS's property until they are sold. The sales argeement would have sent at least a 51% share in Bungie to MS, meaning Bungie cannot do anything without MS's permission.

correct - but they wouldn't be setting a precedent if they sold back controlling shares to bungie as a reward for continued years of success hinging on exclusive future development of their own free will... because it's happened before, more than once.

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#136 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

Are you guys still talking about this?

It's already been shown to be BOGUS on GameSpot Rumor Control:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25955364&sid=6180203&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

Besides... anyone who knows anything about gaming ALREADY KNEW that MS owns Bungie. Yes OWNS Bungie.

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 TyrantDragon55

naughtydog360

There's supposed to be like 2 more novels (written by Bungie's writters this time), I think there's another graphic novel and then Peter Jackson's game.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Talk about desperate.

Gamespot themselves debunked this rumor that was started by a rabid fanboy in his blog. Honestly, you people will believe anything to make yourselves feel better won't you. :lol:

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
[QUOTE="TheDarkDisciple"]

why because i am making legit observations? what i am saying is not that far fetched.

Whatever helps you feel better at night i suppose. Either way, it's a fanboys wishes. You're delusional if you honestly believe it...but, heh, you're a fanboy. I rest my case.

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Runningflame570

Actually it really kind of is..Microsoft as a company have shown themselves willing to engage in unprofitable ventures (of which they have had and still have a ton) even if for no other purpose than to slow down a competitor.

battle_chaser9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#141 battle_chaser9
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts
Excuse me? "Bungie sucked before Halo?" ???? What kind of a f@$%ing idiot are you? Obviously you've never heard of Myth, dummy!!
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

[QUOTE="mwa"]MS owns bungie. bungie can't "leave" unless MS decides to sell them off, and i really don't see that happening. sure the development team could leave for other jobs, but bungie studios itself can't "leave" since MS owns them 100%mwa

Do you have a masters in business ? Banking and finance.. ..

Bungie as a whole can leave M$ whenever they want, all they gota do is QUIT.. and redo the company. Its pretty obvious why bungie ( IF ) wants to leave M$, microsft is probebly giving Bungie a smaller cut than they deserve on Halo 3.. Microsoft is ripping them off. If they leave, that woudnt happen, and they woudnt be forced into developing only Halo games :S

Bungie can leave anytime they like, just like ever studios and developers .. ( research before posting ). For Example, most of warhawk developers left, there are 6 developers left for warhawk.. there were 100 a year ago, where did they go ? they left Sony and joined David jeff ( developer of God of war ) in the new studio they call "Eat,sleep, play, and rest".

Everything is possible..

do you have basic 3rd grade reading comprehension? read before you post. i clearly stated that the members of the team can leave for other jobs if they want, but bungie studios (e.g. the entity itself) cannot be taken independent as it is wholly owned by MS. and sorry to inform you but i do work in investment banking. what about you?

ownage approved. Plus, if a lot of people from Bungie were leaving more people would know about it and it would be all but confirmed at this point, which it isn't.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#143 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Are you guys still talking about this?

It's already been shown to be BOGUS on GameSpot Rumor Control:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25955364&sid=6180203&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

Besides... anyone who knows anything about gaming ALREADY KNEW that MS owns Bungie. Yes OWNS Bungie.

Mystikef

didnt know they had the news that debunked it already, but i wish you didnt post it. it was funny how some were going as far with it with their wishful thinking.

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

how is it a legit observation? i want solid proof of the xbox 360 giving MS any kind of reason to stop production. Sure they have had hardware problems but its already obvious that it won't be a problem much longer. Meanwhile, the ps3 is getting outsold by the 360 almost everywhere outside of Japan; and its only causing problems for Sony. I wouldn't be surprised if they cease production of all remaining ps3 SKUs. Heh, we've already been hearing about that so i would say thats a legit observation.

Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
I love rumor threads :lol: These kind of threads just showcacase the occasional grasping for straws and over the top speculations.
naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 naughtydog360
[QUOTE="mwa"][QUOTE="naughtydog360"]

[QUOTE="mwa"]MS owns bungie. bungie can't "leave" unless MS decides to sell them off, and i really don't see that happening. sure the development team could leave for other jobs, but bungie studios itself can't "leave" since MS owns them 100%DrinkDuff

Do you have a masters in business ? Banking and finance.. ..

Bungie as a whole can leave M$ whenever they want, all they gota do is QUIT.. and redo the company. Its pretty obvious why bungie ( IF ) wants to leave M$, microsft is probebly giving Bungie a smaller cut than they deserve on Halo 3.. Microsoft is ripping them off. If they leave, that woudnt happen, and they woudnt be forced into developing only Halo games :S

Bungie can leave anytime they like, just like ever studios and developers .. ( research before posting ). For Example, most of warhawk developers left, there are 6 developers left for warhawk.. there were 100 a year ago, where did they go ? they left Sony and joined David jeff ( developer of God of war ) in the new studio they call "Eat,sleep, play, and rest".

Everything is possible..

do you have basic 3rd grade reading comprehension? read before you post. i clearly stated that the members of the team can leave for other jobs if they want, but bungie studios (e.g. the entity itself) cannot be taken independent as it is wholly owned by MS. and sorry to inform you but i do work in investment banking. what about you?

ownage approved. Plus, if a lot of people from Bungie were leaving more people would know about it and it would be all but confirmed at this point, which it isn't.

Oh please not another "ownage approved" theres no ownage if you read our replies at the end. you should try to keep up

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#147 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

What a waste of damn space this thread and all those like it are, full of base lessassertions and rumor mill drivel.

It's sad to even see people still questioning who owns what after all these years, it's not that damn hard. :|

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Runningflame570

What a waste of damn space this thread and all those like it are, full of base lessassertions and rumor mill drivel.

It's sad to even see people still questioning who owns what after all these years, it's not that damn hard. :|

-RPGamer-

Yeah, pretty much...plus all the "X game to X system" and "new version of X system coming" threads.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 -Renegade
[QUOTE="-Renegade"]

KD-Archangel

I doubt it, the 360 is expected to turn a substantial profit in 2008.

"the original Xbox made vast losses, and few who have any insight into the figures underlying Microsoft's console business believe that the Xbox 360 will ever bring the Xbox division into the black. For the odd quarter here and there, perhaps; but overall? Not a chance."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27219

Microsoft: Xbox profits may take at least two more years

"Now we are going to have to work hard figuring out how to make money [on Xbox]. CEO Steve Ballmer tells me that Windows took eight or nine years to make any money, which no one talks about today. But he reminds me of that all the time. Today everybody just believes it made money from the start, but that was not the case."

Source

KD-Archangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 KD-Archangel

-RPGamer-
And yet all those who previously bashed Bungie will now come and claim "ownage" on this baseless rumor and praise Bungie for the "exceptional" games that they will make for their console of choice in the future...