After crysis 2, is it possible for the 360 to run uncharted and killzone?

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts

Gears 3 is living proof that the 360 could run uncharted and killzone. Hell it's proof that it surpasses them both as well.

Espada12
LIVING proof? :o SKYNET
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Of course yes. It just requires 3-4 discd for KZ 3, though.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts

People just overrated the PS3 hardware, for a console it's the best, but in reality it sucks, the GPU and RAM hold it back, I would even say the Cell isn't that great either. Because of this, 360 is pretty similar to the PS3 while doing worse than it in some areas, just it lacks devs that push the system.

mitu123

lolwut. You would think that because it hasn't been proved to be great YET. Wanna know why? Because it's being bottlenecked. Most ps3 games are probably only using 20% or less of the cell. The cell is like generations ahead. Hell, Sony says they're going to use 7 of those same cells in ps4, not exact same cells but same fundamentals.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="bryn8150"][QUOTE="Zoza24"]

Meh, the Coding thats been done in Uncharted 2 is totally Different than fromCrysis 2..

Besides!, Crysis 2 is Sub HD, While Uncharted 2 runs 720p, Yeah go Figure..

People should reconsider their story if Uncharted can run on the 360 or not, Since Uncharted 2 is a pretty Heavy based SPU game, I wouldnt expect Xbox 360 to pull off something like that..

It suprises me the mentallity the most people have, Once there is a Multiplat game that looks great and awesome, it now suddently means that Xbox 360 and PS3 are strong alike? :/

God!, stay away from gamedevelopment if you do not have the knowledge to know how coding works, and especially in a Game Engine like CryEngine 3 that works totally different from the Game Engine's thats been exlusively made for Ps3 games.

Its all about the possibillities of its game engine thats using the hardware properly with orwithout any sacrifices..

Steppy_76

you do of course know that the 360's processor and gpu is BASED off of the PS3 cell don't you? ( more likely STOLEN..) QUOTE ''The cores of the Xenon processor were developed using a slightly modified version of the PlayStation 3's Cell Processor PPE architecture. According to David Shippy and Mickie Phipps, the IBM employees were "hiding" their work from Sony and Toshiba." LINK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360 in basic language the 360 could do uncharted 2 easier possibly, the INSANE string of better multi-plats on the 360 vs the 3 PS3 exclusives everyone harps on is STAGGERING evidence in 360's favor, or did people just forget to read dean takeheshi's book? the load of B.S propaganda about 360 not bieng able to run uncharted was blown out of the water the second crysis dropped. which by the way is THE best looking console game to date.......denying it wont make it not so...its like Sony fans NEED to believe these lies sony told them back at E3 2005...so Odd.

the 360 cpu and the cell ppu core are both based on powerpc architecture. The cell is little more than a ppc core with the spus bolted on. The two cpus share a common ancestor which is why there are similarities

SPU is based on PowerPC's VMX/AltiVechttp://www.research.ibm.com/cell/SPU.html

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

It has always been possible imo.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

People just overrated the PS3 hardware, for a console it's the best, but in reality it sucks, the GPU and RAM hold it back, I would even say the Cell isn't that great either. Because of this, 360 is pretty similar to the PS3 while doing worse than it in some areas, just it lacks devs that push the system.

sethman410

lolwut. You would think that because it hasn't been proved to be great YET. Wanna know why? Because it's being bottlenecked. Most ps3 games are probably only using 20% or less of the cell. The cell is like generations ahead. Hell, Sony says they're going to use 7 of those same cells in ps4, not exact same cells but same fundamentals.

Having 7 VMX like units(i.e. SPU) with 128 register storage for each SPU is not generation a head.

SPU is not architecturally advance like the ones in AMD Radeon HD/NVIDIA Geforce CUDA GpGPU i.e. multi-thousands register storage e.g. AMD Radeon HD 48x0 has 2.5 megabytes worth register storage. Register storage is fastest known data storage tech.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

sethman410

yeah, the cell is so great that IBM have cancelled all research into cell technology in favour of CPU/GPU hybrids and SONY are using there cell manufacturing plant to produce semiconductors for cameras and phones, you just spouted a ton of BS, there will be NO UPGRADED CELL chips, the Cell is done mate IBM cancels cell research and developement http://n4g.com/news/431744/ibm-cancels-cell-processor-development
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="sethman410"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

delta3074

yeah, the cell is so great that IBM have cancelled all research into cell technology in favour of CPU/GPU hybrids and SONY are using there cell manufacturing plant to produce semiconductors for cameras and phones, you just spouted a ton of BS, there will be NO UPGRADED CELL chips, the Cell is done mate IBM cancels cell research and developement http://n4g.com/news/431744/ibm-cancels-cell-processor-development

IBM has PowerPC A2 instead i.e. Xbox 360's symmetrical PowerPC direction.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 sethman410
[QUOTE="sethman410"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

delta3074

Well thanks for somewhat proving me wrong, but cancelling does not prove anything though.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="sethman410"]

sethman410

Well thanks for somewhat proving me wrong, but cancelling does not prove anything though.

"NVIDIA Tesla GPUs Power New IBM Servers", http://www.nvidia.com/object/io-1274193529581.html

Sega's RingEdge arcade gaming machines uses NVIDIA's Geforce 8800 GS.

------------------------------------------------

On Xbox 360 vs PS3, David Shippy's statement factors in "The GPU is highly sophisticated in the Xbox 360". http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3904/processing_the_truth_an_interview_.php?page=3

"I'm going to have to answer with an 'it depends,'" laughs Shippy, after a pause. "Again, they're completely different models. So in the PS3, you've got this Cell chip which has massive parallel processing power, the PowerPC core, multiple SPU cores… it's got a GPU that is, in the model here, processing more in the Cell chip and less in the GPU. So that's one processing paradigm -- a heterogeneous paradigm."

"With the Xbox 360, you've got more of a traditional multi-core system, and you've got three PowerPC cores, each of them having dual threads -- so you've got six threads running there, at least in the CPU. Six threads in Xbox 360, and eight or nine threads in the PS3 -- but then you've got to factor in the GPU," Shippy explains. "The GPU is highly sophisticated in the Xbox 360."

PS; AMD Xenos(Xbox 360 GpGPU) has 64 threads which covers it's 48 stream processors.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 sethman410

[QUOTE="sethman410"][QUOTE="delta3074"]yeah, the cell is so great that IBM have cancelled all research into cell technology in favour of CPU/GPU hybrids and SONY are using there cell manufacturing plant to produce semiconductors for cameras and phones, you just spouted a ton of BS, there will be NO UPGRADED CELL chips, the Cell is done mate IBM cancels cell research and developement http://n4g.com/news/431744/ibm-cancels-cell-processor-developmentronvalencia

"NVIDIA Tesla GPUs Power New IBM Servers", http://www.nvidia.com/object/io-1274193529581.html

Even though GPU on 360 is highly sophisticated. How does this prove that ps3 cell is not powerful as people used to claim years ago?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="sethman410"]lolwut. You would think that because it hasn't been proved to be great YET. Wanna know why? Because it's being bottlenecked. Most ps3 games are probably only using 20% or less of the cell. The cell is like generations ahead. Hell, Sony says they're going to use 7 of those same cells in ps4, not exact same cells but same fundamentals.sethman410

dude, core i7 smacks cell all over the place, the Cell is not generations ahead, it's behind as far as CPU's are concerned.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#113 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

sethman410

What, the Cell is garbage now, it's basically 1 core and 6 SPES, and SPES aren't exactly like a main core. Just because it has all that doesn't mean it's all powerful, it depends on how it's made. If the Cell was so powerful and generations ahead, wouldn't that show in more games?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#114 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="sethman410"][QUOTE="delta3074"]yeah, the cell is so great that IBM have cancelled all research into cell technology in favour of CPU/GPU hybrids and SONY are using there cell manufacturing plant to produce semiconductors for cameras and phones, you just spouted a ton of BS, there will be NO UPGRADED CELL chips, the Cell is done mate IBM cancels cell research and developement http://n4g.com/news/431744/ibm-cancels-cell-processor-developmentdelta3074

dude, core i7 smacks cell all over the place, the Cell is not generations ahead, it's behind as far as CPU's are concerned.

Even my Athlon II X4 645 probably beats it, I will upgrade to a i5 or Bulldozer later on, and Bulldozer does 8 cores.:D

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="sethman410"] Well thanks for somewhat proving me wrong, but cancelling does not prove anything though.sethman410

Even though GPU on 360 is highly sophisticated. How does this prove that ps3 cell is not powerful as people used to claim years ago?

David Shippy's states both consoles are about the same level. It looks like the PowerPC team has looked at ATI's handywork...

Sony(SCEA)'sstudypaper on "Deferred Pixel Shading on the Playstation 3" and comparative performance to Geforce 7800 GTX. Can be found from http://research.scea.com/ps3_deferred_shading.pdf

D. Comparison to GeForce 7800 GTX GPU

We implemented the same algorithm on a high end state of
the art GPU, the NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX running in a
Linux workstation. This GPU has 24 fragment shader
pipelines running at 430 Mhz and processes 24 fragments
in parallel. By comparison the 5 SPEs that we used process
20 pixels in parallel in quad-SIMD form.

The GeForce required 11.1 ms to complete the shading
operation. In comparison the Cell/B.E. required 11.65 ms
including the DMA waiting time

From Sony's own words, 5 SPEs(with DMA) is roughly equal to Geforce 7800 GTX.

From DX9 era GPU, Sony didn't compare against AMD's Radeon X1900 i.e.full speed 32bit FP performance.

It's too bad Sony did not pick "off-the-self" Radeon X1900 i.e. it will give ATI powered PS3 withtwo Fold @ Home capable processors i.e. enough to rival the Geforce 8800. It reduces the need for CELL topatchthe GPU. AMD's "Close-to-Metal" CTM middleware for Radeon X1900 exposes it's beyond DX9c compute features.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="sethman410"] Well thanks for somewhat proving me wrong, but cancelling does not prove anything though.mitu123

Even my Athlon II X4 645 probably beats it, I will upgrade to a i5 or Bulldozer later on, and Bulldozer does 8 cores.:D

As a command processor, the answer is yes, but not in raw FLOPs i.e. this is why a gaming PC has GpGPU i.e. math-processor array device. The gaming PC follows Xbox 360's compute model.

The gaming PC has the extreme ends of both command processor (wide Out-Of-order CPU) and math-array processor (GpGPU).

AMD Bulldozer 4 module(8 logical cores) has 8 128bit wide FMA (4 operand format) i.e. it can easily match CELL's 8 VMX kitbash (3 operand format).

As an integrated gaming device, AMD Llano with +400 stream processor would be the better choice i.e. hybrid Crossfire with another 400 stream processor Radeon HD.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
No, it isn't possible. Unless of course they have to nerf the game in some way - but then of course if we were going that route, any game could be run on just about any console - so what's the point?
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ronvalencia
No, it isn't possible. Unless of course they have to nerf the game in some way - but then of course if we were going that route, any game could be run on just about any console - so what's the point?KHAndAnime
You are looking at the end-user's point of view.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="sethman410"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

mitu123

What, the Cell is garbage now, it's basically 1 core and 6 SPES, and SPES aren't exactly like a main core. Just because it has all that doesn't mean it's all powerful, it depends on how it's made. If the Cell was so powerful and generations ahead, wouldn't that show in more games?

CELL is nearly a perfect match for the old school Geforce7/RSX GPU i.e. patches/fixes RSX's design flaws.

A better designed GPU requires less patching/fixing. From the mid-2000s, the market only has two powerfull GPU vendors i.e. ATI or NVIDIA.It looks like this trend will continue.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

no, 360 just doesnt have the capable processing power like ps3's cpu.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

It has always been possible.

jimmypsn
april fools? or the fact that why crysis 2 runs 15fps and still looks worse than KZ3?
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
When were consoles ever capable of running games made for other consoles?
Avatar image for charlesdarwin55
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 charlesdarwin55
Member since 2010 • 2651 Posts

Lol no since Crysis isn't the best looking game on consoles, not to mention the performance issues.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
if it works on ps3 it can work on x360 and vis versa
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Of course yes. It just requires 3-4 discd for KZ 3, though.

Zensword

so... it still can run the game, REGARDLESS of how many discs it 'may' take. Lets see what crytek can accomplish on the 360 exclusive they are making, without having to cater to the low quality PS3 limitations (and instead cater to 360's limitations which are lower than ANY pc these days)

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Nope Killzone and Uncharted are actually 720p.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#127 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

Gears 3 is living proof that the 360 could run uncharted and killzone. Hell it's proof that it surpasses them both as well.

Espada12
What a bold statement on a game that is not even released yet.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#128 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

It will work with some changes.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

JasonDarksavior

thats why i bookmark threads like this...so i can comeback to it and read what everyone thought of a game months before it came out....and then compare it to what actually happened

Avatar image for TheAcountantMan
TheAcountantMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 TheAcountantMan
Member since 2011 • 1281 Posts
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

JasonDarksavior

Gears of war 3 ALREADY does look better than UC2 and Slowzone tho. Plus its one of the flagship titles of the Unreal Engine, so it will most likely be better than UC2 and Slowzone when it does launch anyways.
Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

Crysis 2 looks worse than KZ3, is sub-hd, and has fps and screen tearing issues. But lems won't have anything better until Gears 3.

flexin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 flexin007
Member since 2008 • 739 Posts
Looks at Crysis 2 and Gears of War 3...Not only is it possible, it can do better than any PS3 exclusive to date. M$ just hasn't invested in the time and talent Sony has.
Wisely321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Wisely321
Member since 2008 • 686 Posts

[QUOTE="JuarN18"][QUOTE="xMinijackx"] lol you blind?beganoo

by fanboyness

I just finished Crysis 2 on my 360 and I own a PS3 so I've played Uncharted 2 and KZ3.

Crysis 2 is close enough but it doesn't look as good as those games.

agreeeeeeeeeeee
DreamCryotank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 DreamCryotank
Member since 2011 • 1829 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

It has always been possible.

ZoomZoom2490

april fools? or the fact that why crysis 2 runs 15fps and still looks worse than KZ3?

According to the LOT analysis, it runs (averagely) 1fps lower than Killzone 3.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

I would'nt call Crysis 2 "thew best looking game on consoles" to be honest.... Sure it does some things amazingly compared to what else we get but not without a prize. Looking at fx Killzone 3 I can't help but think that Crytek wanted the bar set higher in certain aspects but did'nt exactly have as much of a feel for console architecture as Guerilla does.

Crysis 2 certainly has moments where it blows every other console game out of the water but there are also certain gfx/performance letdowns that you just don't see in KZ3 to the same degree.

Ultimately, I'm disapointed that the PC version suffered hugely from going multiplat while Crytek still set the bar a little higher than they should have and ended up with something that does'nt undeniably ascend any thrones and does'nt exactly perform great either.

DreamCryotank

unfortunately, that's just an average score. Not unlike comparing a dual GPU setup with a slightly slower single GPU, fluctuations as well as when the fps drop are imortant as well.

Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
Yes. They are both the same in power, just one of them has more space to put on their disks. That's the main problem with the 360.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I would'nt call Crysis 2 "thew best looking game on consoles" to be honest.... Sure it does some things amazingly compared to what else we get but not without a prize. Looking at fx Killzone 3 I can't help but think that Crytek wanted the bar set higher in certain aspects but did'nt exactly have as much of a feel for console architecture as Guerilla does.

Crysis 2 certainly has moments where it blows every other console game out of the water but there are also certain gfx/performance letdowns that you just don't see in KZ3 to the same degree.

Ultimately, I'm disapointed that the PC version suffered hugely from going multiplat while Crytek still set the bar a little higher than they should have and ended up with something that does'nt undeniably ascend any thrones and does'nt exactly perform great either.

[QUOTE="DreamCryotank"]

Filthybastrd

unfortunately, that's just an average score. Not unlike comparing a dual GPU setup with a slightly slower single GPU, fluctuations as well as when the fps drop are imortant as well.

Fluctuations figure into the average.

If there are a lot of them, it'll drag down the overall count by a lot.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts
[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

TheAcountantMan

Gears of war 3 ALREADY does look better than UC2 and Slowzone tho. Plus its one of the flagship titles of the Unreal Engine, so it will most likely be better than UC2 and Slowzone when it does launch anyways.

No it doesn't : /
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#140 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I still think UC2 is the best looking game on consoles.

But I'm sure it would be possible to bring them to the 360. Just need some talented devs.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="xMinijackx"][QUOTE="campzor"]well crysis 2 doesnt look as good as those games... so i doubt it.AncientDozer
lol you blind?

Just look at his signature, geez.

funny how i had my 360 gamer tag less people were so jumpy to point fingers :lol:
xMinijackx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 xMinijackx
Member since 2011 • 138 Posts

[QUOTE="AncientDozer"][QUOTE="xMinijackx"] lol you blind?campzor
Just look at his signature, geez.

funny how i had my 360 gamer tag less people were so jumpy to point fingers :lol:

lol your sig is pretty funny though

killzoneded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 killzoneded
Member since 2011 • 486 Posts

360 can easilly run anything

I wonder if PS3 could run Alan Wake 1-2, Codename Kingdoms, Fable 4, Crysis 2 crisp looking and Gears 3 though

xxtg82xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 xxtg82xx
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
First off Crysis 2 is NOT the best looking console game, but one of the best that the 360 has to offer, after renting it on the 360 I can safely say that . So how can some of the best looking games this gen run on the 360 which has been behind in terms of the best overall graphics a console can output for a few years now , they can't . The last game that I had in my 360 that I could truthfully say was the best looking game this gen was gears 1 and how many years ago was that. The thing with Crysis 2 is that there are flaws like pop-in, ALOT of awful looking textures, bad dips in fps and other glitches in this game that hold it back. There are a FEW great looking moments in this game that are CLOSE to the best but as a whole it's way too inconsistent. I truly feel that if you own a ps3 and a 360 and then tried Crysis 2 for 360 then play Killzone 3 , God of War , or Uncharted 2 that you would understand (I know some will still claim otherwise and that's fine), but for the ones that only own a 360 and haven't played those games and make the claim that it is the best looking game or bash the other games without trying them is very biased and how can you respect an opinon like that. Killzoneded please don't ask that ridiculous question again about Alan Wake lol, it's a good looking game for sure but it not in the same league as Killzone, Uncharted and even Crysis for that matter. The fact that you even ask in the first place and after reading some of your posts makes me discredit your opinon instantly .
CBCstillmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#145 CBCstillmatic
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

First off Crysis 2 is NOT the best looking console game, but one of the best that the 360 has to offer, after renting it on the 360 I can safely say that . So how can some of the best looking games this gen run on the 360 which has been behind in terms of the best overall graphics a console can output for a few years now , they can't . The last game that I had in my 360 that I could truthfully say was the best looking game this gen was gears 1 and how many years ago was that. The thing with Crysis 2 is that there are flaws like pop-in, ALOT of awful looking textures, bad dips in fps and other glitches in this game that hold it back. There are a FEW great looking moments in this game that are CLOSE to the best but as a whole it's way too inconsistent. I truly feel that if you own a ps3 and a 360 and then tried Crysis 2 for 360 then play Killzone 3 , God of War , or Uncharted 2 that you would understand (I know some will still claim otherwise and that's fine), but for the ones that only own a 360 and haven't played those games and make the claim that it is the best looking game or bash the other games without trying them is very biased and how can you respect an opinon like that. Killzoned please don't ask that ridiculous question again about Alan Wake lol, it's a good looking game for sure but it not in the same league as Killzone, Uncharted and even Crysis for that matter. The fact that you even ask in the first place and after reading some of your posts makes me discredit your opinon instantly .xxtg82xx

I have both systems and have played all of the games you mention and Crysis 2 looks better then Killzone 3 and is far more impressive. It is more wide open with more destructible environments and with an unbelievable lighting system. Killzone 3 performs more stable because it simply is not doing the the things done in Crysis 2 and not on the same scale anyway. People need to accept and let go of the fact Crysis 2 is proof the 360 can produce the same/ even possibly better level of graphics than the PS3. The PS3 just has better developers that build custom engines and take time to show what it can do. The only thing the 360 lacks in comparison to PS3 is development talent not graphical power.

OnlyZiiDane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 OnlyZiiDane
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts

360 can easilly run anything

I wonder if PS3 could run Alan Wake 1-2, Codename Kingdoms, Fable 4, Crysis 2 crisp looking and Gears 3 though

killzoneded

You cannot be that big of an Xbox Fanboy..

xxtg82xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 xxtg82xx
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yes the lighting in Crysis is some of the best I have seen. The environments are not as vast as you claim it's fairly straight forward go from here to there with some different ways of approaching a situation . For your claim that people need to accept that the 360 can do just as good if not better than the ps3, I don't. As I said this is the closest the 360 has been to claiming the best in console graphics in how many years and again the game doesn't quite cut it. I don't care if the lighting is as good as it is if there are low res textures everywhere and pop-in and very low dips in fps. Have you seen all the stuff going on in Killzone 3 ? It's like a non-stop action movie. The single player looks better as a overall package and the multiplayer , well thats not even debatable. Do you not think that the developers could have added in some extra eye candy with Killzone if they made those types of sacrifices ? sure they could have, and Killzone still looks better without those sacrifices. It's pretty sad that one game in the last 3 -4 years that can compete but still falls short of the ps3 exclusives, I really wanted to be amazed when I rented it for my 360 for all the good things said about it, as I wanted a 360 game that could compete graphically with the exclusives in my ps3 collection, and while it is the closest it's been in a LONG time I came away disappointed again.
CBCstillmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#148 CBCstillmatic
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

Yes the lighting in Crysis is some of the best I have seen. The environments are not as vast as you claim it's fairly straight forward go from here to there with some different ways of approaching a situation . For your claim that people need to accept that the 360 can do just as good if not better than the ps3, I don't. As I said this is the closest the 360 has been to claiming the best in console graphics in how many years and again the game doesn't quite cut it. I don't care if the lighting is as good as it is if there are low res textures everywhere and pop-in and very low dips in fps. Have you seen all the stuff going on in Killzone 3 ? It's like a non-stop action movie. The single player looks better as a overall package and the multiplayer , well thats not even debatable. Do you not think that the developers could have added in some extra eye candy with Killzone if they made those types of sacrifices ? sure they could have, and Killzone still looks better without those sacrifices. It's pretty sad that one game in the last 3 -4 years that can compete but still falls short of the ps3 exclusives, I really wanted to be amazed when I rented it for my 360 for all the good things said about it, as I wanted a 360 game that could compete graphically with the exclusives in my ps3 collection, and while it is the closest it's been in a LONG time I came away disappointed again. xxtg82xx

Yes I have played and beaten Killzone 3 and it is not as impressive as Crysis 2...IMO...just like it is your opinion Killzone 3 is better. For years the 360 has gotten better looking multiplats including Crysis 2 which even Playstation magazines have stated is the best looking shooter on PS3. Take Mass Effect 2, the PS3 version came how much later and uses a newer engine and is still only marginally better looking than the 360 version. I am sure if Naughty Dog went multiplat and worked on the 360 they could amaze us just as much with the 360. So again I stand by my statement that when compared to the PS3 the only thing the 360 is lacking is development talent not graphical power.

Drakan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Drakan11
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts
This thread would make sense if 360 actually could run Crysis 2 appropriately.
Chubith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Chubith
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts

The 360 could never in a million years run uncharted or killzone, they are owned by sony :P. The 360 could of course run something that looks almost the same, minus the way the graphics are rendered. Of course we will never know because MS doesnt care about maxing graphics, only selling the popular franchises.