AC IV: 360 vs PS4 not that different

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

@chikenfriedrice:

I honestly haven't seen one gif, video or screenshot where the Ps4 looks better. Not ONE! If that is what 1080 looks like on the ps4 they can keep it. The Xone has better textures and the screens and colors look sharper. The ps4 looks washed out and blurry. I'm more than happy with the result and it's only gonna get better.

Seems like the XOne scaler is a beast based on the shots I've seen. What's gonna happen when we get a native 1080 game on the XOne? 4k Rez?

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Well, they did say it was built primarily for current gen. That should explain the reasoning.

Perhaps it's just Ubi's laziness showing?

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

@greensand24 said:

@chikenfriedrice:

I honestly haven't seen one gif, video or screenshot where the Ps4 looks better. Not ONE! If that is what 1080 looks like on the ps4 they can keep it. The Xone has better textures and the screens and colors look sharper. The ps4 looks washed out and blurry. I'm more than happy with the result and it's only gonna get better.

Seems like the XOne scaler is a beast based on the shots I've seen. What's gonna happen when we get a native 1080 game on the XOne? 4k Rez?

Unfortunately, you won't notice how subpar the X1 scaler is until it's on your TV. The aliasing will be impossible to ignore and no matter what settings you tweak on your television you won't be able to make it go away... for every multi-plat game, forever and ever. Best of luck!

Every review site that was at the event say that the PS4 version multiplayer looked better than the X1 single player FYI

Need proof?
Review 1 <-this is the guy that posted the OG footage, mentions everyone at the BF4 review event thought the same thing
Review 2 <-even state that their xbox fanboy editor friend was saddened that PS4 version was superior

Here's some footage where the X1 version is missing an entire convoy of trucks... wonder what else is missing? Go to about 1:10 for the missing convoy. Ouch!

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

>720p YouTube video

Of course it'll look almost the same. Only an idiot would take this as a proper indicator of next-gen graphics.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

Doesn't surprise me at all based on my experience with AC3 on PC. It really is too bad though since it seems like this one is a much better game than 3.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Expected. They'll look essentially the same geometrically, just have crisp textures, a high resolution and a standard framerate, as opposed to muddy textures, a sub-HD resolution and a terrible framerate.

This is why I'm completely uninterested in both the PS4 and Xbone. They are just incremental technological upgrades to what we already have. Not worth it if you have a PC.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Everytime you post this 3" by 3" gif you own yourself.

Considering we all no the facts that XBONE version is missing

1. AA

2. AO

3. 720P

4. Lower framerate

Why do you do this to yourself?

New Gamespot forum fail. Click the gif and it opens it full size in a new tab. They implemented this neat little feature that allows you to size down all your images, and still allow them to open to full size without moving off the board page.

Self-ownage to the extreme.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@jhonMalcovich:

I can see the PS4 version has better textures and water effects and that's from a badly compressed youtube video. Now imagine the difference if you see them in person.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61530 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

1. AA

2. AO

3. 720P

4. Lower framerate

New Gamespot forum fail. Click the gif and it opens it full size in a new tab. They implemented this neat little feature that allows you to size down all your images, and still allow them to open to full size without moving off the board page.

Self-ownage to the extreme.

Lawl.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@superclocked said:

The 360 GPU was a beast in it's day. It's a shame that Microsoft seems to have forgotten what the most important piece of a gaming console is...

During late 2005, the latest VRAM type was GDDR3 and MS didn't follow this pattern for X1.

256bit 2GB GDDR5 would be better than the current X1's 32 MB ESRAM.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@danabo said:

@kellykelly said:
@Telekill said:

Cross generation launch games are rarely more than a minimal improvement over previous gen hardware versions.

Not sure how many of you remember the start of the 360's life but every cross gen game would have looked the same as the PS2 version if not for the HD. In fact, most my 360 owning friends didn't have HDTVs yet and thats how we found that out.

With no SD to HD anymore, the differences will be even less this time around.

This

Hello, Dave.

Xbox One > PS4, confirmed!

I would say wait for the superior Xbox One version.

1. AA

2. AO

3. 720P

4. Lower framerate

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/29/battlefield-4s-xbox-one-review-build-was-missing-ambient-occlusion-coming-on-day-one-same-as-ps4pc/

"The AO on Xbox One was one of the fixes that didn’t make it into the review copy but will be in day1, same tech as PS4/PC" - Frostbite Technical Director Johan Andersson

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

This is about what I expected for a cross-generation game at launch.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Youtube video is locked at 30fps so you can never see the difference between 30fps and 60fps. That is why they look very similar. Plus as was stated in the video AC4 was built on current gen then ported to next gen so only increase will be increased framerate and maybe draw distances and detailed plants etc.

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65 bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

Stupid of you to compare the graphics of next-gen to current-gen gaming. Oh well, some day u will learn.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Yeah, doesn't look like Ubi put much effect in making them look too much different. You can say it's the current gen version looks really good or the next gen versions look really bad lol. I'm sure the gameplay will be good either way. They probably should have delayed this one as well to put some more polish on it.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@superclocked said:

The 360 GPU was a beast in it's day. It's a shame that Microsoft seems to have forgotten what the most important piece of a gaming console is...

During late 2005, the latest VRAM type was GDDR3 and MS didn't follow this pattern for X1.

256bit 2GB GDDR5 would be better than the current X1's 32 MB ESRAM.

Yeah, especially since the on die eSRAM raises the heat and size of the chip. A GDDR5 pool and better GPU would've worked much better...