A Year In, The Wii U Is Still NOT a Must-Own

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@g0ddyX said:

And it has been a

Year

as opposed to a

Week

...not to mention sold out X1 and PS4.

Like i said, its the most honest article about the Wii U.

@g0ddyX said:

Top PC games and exclusive games on both X1 and PS4 that are yet to come and be announced will take up those gaming hours.

In effect, you can miss on the most redundant console namely the Wii:U.

The best secondary console or gaming platform will be one of the three PC/PS4/X1.

@g0ddyX said:

Many people are currently waiting for the PS4/X1 to release in their homeland or have sold out.

Not to mention sweet goodness of next gen gaming from these guys to come.

After the OP, these are three posts you have posted, in response to nothing and no one, almost as if you are desperately trying to convince yourself that you are justified in your stance. Good lord, are you a sad individual.

?
Stop trying to shoot the messenger. OP is from an honest article, that image is a list of developers working for PS4 and X1, and this is telling you that they have sold out.

The facts.

It looks like you cant take it, and some other sheep defense force by attacking the thread creator? Sad.

If your posting pro Wii:U threads then anyone can post Wii:U threads that you may not like.

Get a grip.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@psymon100 said:

my friends keep telling me my wii u is a 'must sell'.

LMFAO!

Good one

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Zophar87 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@charizard1605 said:

This is Kotaku, they also said the Xbox One and PS4 aren't must owns yet.

They are not well into their second year, they have nearly equal power and are up to date on most technical aspects.

The Wii U has been out for a year.. barely. I wouldn't call that "well into it's second year."

yes and look at its upcoming releases.... donkey kong in february then nothing. when will mario kart 8 and smash bros be out? next christmas probably. ..... so long for so little. and I stress little... especially if smash bros doesn't have a bloody proper online system this time. not that it would matter given that the sales are so low of the system finding people will become a problem.

@Zophar87 said:

@cain006 said:

I disagree with them, I think the third party support is pretty clear. It's going to be basically nonexistant like the wii.

Who buys Nintendo systems for third-party games anyway?

The wii had quite a few decent 3rd party games to go between the first party droughts. this time however.... nothing.

I see the upcoming releases. I also see what's already out for the system. There's more than enough on the system right now to keep someone occupied if they were to buy one.

The Wii had a few decent third-party games but none of them even came close to what was on either of the HD twins or the first-party games already on the system.

well i dunno maybe when I was 10 years old and I could turn a 20 hour game like mario or zelda into 100+ maybe... but sorry.... thats not the case anymore (i suppose your response is "thats your problem.... not it isn't.... its the console that barely anybody is buying's problem".

Polygon and IGN reviews stated the new mario 3d world is 20 hours long..... I can pick up £5 games on my pc that will last longer. hell pleanty of free to play games. granted.... mario is the top tier platformer... but not worth £350 + £50 (extra wii mote and nunchuck) for my misses to play. a zelda game I already played to death MANY years ago and can easily emulate on PC to look as good. and 2 okish new mario bros games. Monster hunter 3? AGAIN?

Just like the 3DS first year.... games i already played are expected to be something I should want.

Only, the 3DS does and will continue to sell really well, the wii-u never will. its clear at this point. so no random third party gems... (well maybe what 3 in its lifetime).

Smash bros not catering to a good online system is criminal... granted lan play is awesome, but that isn't always available especially when your older.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I disagree, ZombiU is must play game

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#55  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

lolKotaku opinion piece

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 g0ddyX
@YearoftheSnake5 said:

lolKotaku opinion piece

An honest non biased opinion at that.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#57 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

The Wii U has sold terribly in it's first year and the console might get a little boost with Mario and Smash Bros but after that it's business as usual.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

now's a great time to get a WiiU, with the games it has now it can be a primary console, and once the ps4 has some more games coming out it can turn into a great secondary console, that is if it's upcoming exclusives interest you, but this next year is looking to get some more must owns on the console. next year will get Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and X. (although i wouldn't be surprised if smash bros and/or X got pushed back to 2015)

SimiManny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By SimiManny
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

I think the wii u will always be awful.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#60 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@simimanny said:

I think the wii u will always be awful.

Funny as I think the WiiU will be considered Underrated.

If the console was indeed awful it would have awful games. WiiU already has 10 games I enjoy so I'm cool with it.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

I'am just waiting for it to be dteamcasted, then maybe I'll pick one up with smash Bros. It seriously overpriced for what it is, I got too many games to play on my PC anyway.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 g0ddyX

It is underpowered and overpriced no doubt, especially when you factor in PC gaming.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Your penis is underpowered.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#64 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@ultimate-k said:

I'am just waiting for it to be dteamcasted, then maybe I'll pick one up with smash Bros. It seriously overpriced for what it is, I got too many games to play on my PC anyway.

Dream on, it's not happening.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

... and overpriced.