flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

This ship will be integral part part of the Single-Player campaign (Squadron42) acting as a base and also integral part of the Online Universe acting as a in-game ship that organizations will fight for.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Inb4 Uncharted 4 and Horizon photomode shots. (even though the Bengal alone will be larger than entire levels from either game)

The Bengal isn't even the largest ship in the game both the Vanduul Kingship and the UEE Retribution are larger.

Btw he said the size of 3 or 4 battlefield maps not 3 quarters the size (for peeps who don't watch the video)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Holy sh*t, the Bengal Carrier looks insane. Now imagine UEE Dreadnought, which is even bigger than the Bengal Carrier. Mind = Blown.

Episode 100 of Around the verse was really interesting. Foundry 42 UK office and CIG's new USA office (shown in part 1 of the episode) look so badass.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

wow nice lol

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cloud_imperium

@flipclic: I think he said it'll be as big as 3 to 4 battlefield maps and not 3/4 of one map.

Neobone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Neobone2
Member since 2015 • 105 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

@flipclic: I think he said it'll be as big as 3 to 4 battlefield maps and not 3/4 of one map.

Yep, he says 3-4 Battlefield maps.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Would be a cool challenge to pilot that alone. Like standing in a kitchen with Gordon Ramsey.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

He actually said its bigger than 3 or 4 BF map so OP needs to change the title

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

lol hermits and their vaporware. Still doesn't have anything on the manly Kratos beard and also lol no foliage.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

lol hermits and their vaporware. Still doesn't have anything on the manly Kratos beard and also lol no foliage.

Look up the definition of vaporware moron, you cant play vaporware...

lol console peasants and their lack of dictionary's (and brains) ;)

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

Foliage on a spaceship... Typical console peasants, these guys aren't very bright, that's certain.

Edit: I know you are joking, but still...

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Foliage on a spaceship... Typical console peasants, these guys aren't very bright, that's certain.

Space peeps love potted plants, didn't you know!? :P

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thepclovingguy

@naz99 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Maybe a few plants in a laboratory, but you can't expect an entire jungle inside a spaceship.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Yea, like everything else, I will wait and see.

Too many bugs/issues still with the Starfarer ... and smaller ships. and they still have no special functionality. I imagine the Bengal Carrier we shall witness in SQ42 will be scripted flight/movement and actions... much like a map. only floating... possibly, hell with all the bugs in the physics grids... I'd be suprised it was anything more than a standard stationary map.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GarGx1
@thepclovingguy said:
@naz99 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Maybe a few plants in a laboratory, but you can't expect an entire jungle inside a spaceship.

lol, it'll be getting Gpuking hate soon because it doesn't have enough grass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I got bored of this game.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Meh, they should hurry up and release the game already. I'm getting sick and tired of these dev updates where they keep adding more stuff without giving us an idea of release deadline. At this rate we'll still be celebrating new ship additions to development by 2020.

When the hell are we gonna get Squadron 42?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@naz99: dude is a lem troll acting like a cow. Just ignore the moron

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GarGx1

@quadknight said:

Meh, they should hurry up and release the game already. I'm getting sick and tired of these dev updates where they keep adding more stuff without giving us an idea of release deadline. At this rate we'll still be celebrating new ship additions to development by 2020.

When the hell are we gonna get Squadron 42?

Yeah cause 3 1/2 years of development is completely inexcusable for a game the size of Squadron 42 and Star Citizen!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

If it takes them another 2 years I wouldn't even be upset about it. This game is mighty ambitious. Do you guys know about their ideas about mining and repairing ships and treating diseases? Or growing plants as a farmer? Not sure we can expect 3-4 times a Battlefield map. That sounds literally unbelievable. It would require them to have created some sort of system that can compute positions of things related to objects moving in 3D space almost as easily as positions of objects related to objects that are stationary. I wonder what a cycle through code looks like if you isolate just the code that determines the positioning of things. It must be quite bonkers.

Does it dynamically create a second virtual representation of objects purely for positioning of things relative to the most resource intensive object within the space they render? (Like turning the Bengal into 'the static world' positioning-wise, and determining everything's position relative to that Bengal, so as to make it easier to place every person and object on it even if it is 'moving'?) That can't be it, really. I don't know how they would solve a Bengal moving without making everything slow down to a crawl.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#21 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Don't be overly expecting on the timeframe. Give them all the time they need, there is no rush other than for the impatient.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

Keep loving a game thats never coming out. Stupid Hermits/Lemmings.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

So what will you say when it does come out?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_imperium

@Wasdie said:
@Syn_Valence said:

So what will you say when it does come out?

"Teh tech demo"

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

cancel it. i saw a serious flaw in the video. they need to delete everything they have done and start again.....man what a disaster.

there was clipping on the internal elevator. thats a game breaker....it could take decades to fix. best to just scrap it all and start again :P.

seriously though its looking pretty fantastic. i cant wait for squadron 42.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69474 Posts

I simply don't get the hype for this game. No man's sky looks more promising.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Can't wait for Squadron 42! Almost Wing Commander time again. Almost........

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

Looks amazing! I've been playing Star Citizen for a little while now , hopefully someone can answer a question for me. Why is it that when I steal a ship I can fly around for about 5 minutes before the ship randomly explodes?

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

Starting to agree with you on that one. When I backed it had a release date of Nov 2014 I think. Now 20+ months after missing that date its no where close to being done. They still list S42 as coming in 2016 but I really doubt they make it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Was going to say "inb4 'this is never coming out'" but looks like I was too late to the party.

While Doom is my sole motivator to getting a new computer as soon as possible, I am looking forward to also finally being able to play some SC as well.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@uitravioience said:

Looks amazing! I've been playing Star Citizen for a little while now , hopefully someone can answer a question for me. Why is it that when I steal a ship I can fly around for about 5 minutes before the ship randomly explodes?

The person who owns the ship is re-spawning it back at the port.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UItravioIence

@xhawk27: ah that makes sense. Thanks man. Those awesome ships are just too tempting

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xhawk27

@uitravioience said:

@xhawk27: ah that makes sense. Thanks man. Those awesome ships are just too tempting

Yeah they sure are. I have only two smaller ships right now. Like to buy one of those bigger transporters this year.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UItravioIence

@xhawk27: me too man. They are so expensive though. I'd feel bad if I spent $100 on a ship lol. I know eventually I'm going to do it though lol

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xhawk27
@uitravioience said:

@xhawk27: me too man. They are so expensive though. I'd feel bad if I spent $100 on a ship lol. I know eventually I'm going to do it though lol

You can always upgrade your ship to another one.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

not really impress all it is it's a big playing field

a smal island on WoW map can be consider 10 to 20 BF4 maps

you can run from one end to the other in BF4 in about 5 min walking

on a jet you can fly across in 20 sec at most if you take that into consideration then 3 to 4 BF4 maps its probly 1min fly its quite Small for a ship if you ask me

Edit : think about how long it takes you to fly from your spawn to the enemy that not very big at all

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -CC-

@foxhound_fox said:

Was going to say "inb4 'this is never coming out'" but looks like I was too late to the party.

Those of us who backed years ago have every right to say "its never coming out". They are 20 months past the dated listed when I backed. UC4 got shit for being what like 5-6 months late earlier this year. From what I have played you can add another 20 months on top of the 20 months late already and it still wont be out. Glad I only got $45 in this game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 foxhound_fox

@-CC- said:

They are 20 months past the dated listed when I backed.

I was not aware they ever listed a definitive release date. I've been a backer since summer 2014.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -CC-

@foxhound_fox: Well the new date says "answer the call 2016" for S42 and dont list one for SC as far as I can see. Not sure if you want to call that a definitive date or not but its at the bottom of the S42 page right now. Hell maybe they can still pull it off in the next 5 months but call me skeptical as that date was stated as Nov 2014 when I joined.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 foxhound_fox

@-CC- said:

@foxhound_fox: Well the new date says "answer the call 2016" for S42 and dont list one for SC as far as I can see. Not sure if you want to call that a definitive date or not but its at the bottom of the S42 page right now. Hell maybe they can still pull it off in the next 5 months but call me skeptical as that date was stated as Nov 2014 when I joined.

They've never said the "final" game is releasing on a certain date. They've only had a window for each module to get into Alpha. All up to the PU should be running before the end of this year (even then they've been incredibly vague here).

Personally, I don't care. I've got $115 in the game and have yet to even play it (I had the hangar module running at about 15 fps when it first came out and could play freeroam in the initial release of Arena Commander). I'm more than confident that $115 worth of content will be released by the time I have a computer that can run the game. I wanted to contribute to the game so it could be made, and it is being made.

If you aren't confident your money isn't going to be worth it, request a refund and get it all back. Or be a proper gamer and remain patient and optimistic. They have been entirely open about development this entire time, and this is something entirely new for gaming. Had this been a traditional game development cycle, we still probably wouldn't even know it exists, or at the very least, would have only had the S42 CGI teaser trailer.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -CC-

@foxhound_fox: Well they have said so many things its hard to keep them straight. So here are a few choice ones from over the years. These all all from the SC wikia so if you dont trust them I guess I can look them up. Just not tonight. And just so you know it was hard to get a refund before 2.4 came out. There is a new TOS that comes with 2.4 and dont ever expect a refund after you agree to it.

"...and then a beta of the persistent universe by the end of the year (2014), which essentially is bringing all of these things into one holistic piece, and then we'll go live after the beta which I would anticipate would probably be sometime in early 2015. But essentially from the end of 2014 you should be able to play the full game,"

CR in May 2013. ---Notice how he said by the end of 2014 I should have essentially been able to play the full game.

"Eric Peterson: What's the plan of action for [Squadron 42]?

Phil Meller: Well, the first ten missions for the end of this year, fingers crossed. So we'll [start] with those, and then, in the background, we'll have other teams working on the followup ten; You know, ten, there are segments of ten missions every month, after."

Feb 2014.--- I have ZERO missions 20 months later.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@Pedro said:

That comment started off sounding like a typical No man's Sky comment. Both games will be fantastic. This one may be the game that gets me back into PC gaming which will require me buying a completely new PC. But I'm hopeful it will make me do it. The video game world needs more optimism.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Is this Star Citizen game ever going to come out?

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -CC-

@Guy_Brohski said:

Is this Star Citizen game ever going to come out?

Late 2014.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Hopefully it comes out someday.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Pedro said:

Can you be a farmer in No Man's Sky? Or a squad leader? Doctor? Can you be an engineer with his own garage who tweaks weapons to be sought after? Or a traveling black market? Can you be a news reporter? Put up a blockade? Can you go on mining operations with friends? Be a corporate spy? An information broker who points people in the right direction? The salvage vessel ripping expensive parts off of remains in a warzone? Like, the appeal is that it is a space sim. The majority of No man's sky is the exploration aspect from Star Citizen. And even that is more elaborate in Star Citizen.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@panda30: You do realize this carrier isn't a static map, it moves through the infinity larger game world with its own separate physics grid for players, NPCs, and objects to exist in? There are multiple decks and literally hundreds of individual rooms.

Hell this thing carries dozens of ships inside of it which have their own physics grid. The size of this ship is staggering and it's not even the largest in the game.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@Chutebox said:

@naz99: dude is a lem troll acting like a cow. Just ignore the moron

No, I'm a proud cow hating hermit being called a lem by cows since they love to take on PC but couldn't handle the beating in return. Though I'm glad you recognise which faction acts like morons and idiots on SW. lol cows lol 900pStation.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 zeeshanhaider

@thepclovingguy said:
@naz99 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

What, no jungle in a spaceship? So they're wasting the poo of all the people occupying the spaceship the size of 2-4 maps of BF. Not environment friendly at all. lol hermits without jungles. Looks like Horizon will ke king.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thepclovingguy
@zeeshanhaider said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@naz99 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

What, no jungle in a spaceship? So they're wasting the poo of all the people occupying the spaceship the size of 2-4 maps of BF. Not environment friendly at all. lol hermits without jungles. Looks like Horizon will ke king.