Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#151 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

A fix to the problem? Much longer development times. Next, we bitch about a lack of games, oh wait, we already did that.

Some of us aren't 4 year olds with a short attention span, nor are we oblivious to countless other games that came out in a year through the indie scene because we don't judge our games on shallow shit like: hype machines, graphics, how long the game is.

I'd rather have a delayed game that will eventually be a good finished game, then have a broken game.

Me too, but you can't please entitled douches who complain about games not coming out in a timely fashion. Hell, you can't please them no matter what you do. I'm glad I'm not a game developer.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#152 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Next step:
Let the community create a patch and then sue them!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#153 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

A fix to the problem? Much longer development times. Next, we bitch about a lack of games, oh wait, we already did that.

Some of us aren't 4 year olds with a short attention span, nor are we oblivious to countless other games that came out in a year through the indie scene because we don't judge our games on shallow shit like: hype machines, graphics, how long the game is.

I'd rather have a delayed game that will eventually be a good finished game, then have a broken game.

Me too, but you can't please entitled douches who complain about games not coming out in a timely fashion. Hell, you can't please them no matter what you do. I'm glad I'm not a game developer.

That's a shitty ass premise for an argument or a point.

"my audience complains so the obvious fix can't happen because they'll complain there to"

It's a logical fallacy that ignores delays people can get over, a broken game? not so much. I know I'm asking the wrong forum for some genuine critical thinking and common sense, but come on, it's not hard.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#154 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

That's a shitty ass premise for an argument or a point.

"my audience complains so the obvious fix can't happen because they'll complain there to"

It's a logical fallacy that ignores delays people can get over, a broken game? not so much. I know I'm asking the wrong forum for some genuine critical thinking and common sense, but come on, it's not hard.

It's the truth. From a devs pov they can make a shit ton more money by releasing unfinished products when the hype is high as opposed to earning the respect of the most devout by releasing a polished masterpiece when everyone else except the eager few have forgotten all about it.

That's business, that's the world we live in since our beloved hobby has grown larger over the years. I don't like it much myself, but what can ya do? People wont stop rewarding this behavior any time soon.

Hype is everything for these products.