90+ PC Exclusive Games 2011

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#301 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts
[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]And how many will be reviewed on GS?Heil68
That matters how? Nice list TC, tagged for future ownage.

It doesn't. Its a joke because GS doesn't review that many PC exclusives.
cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 cobrax55
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

It's about quality not quantity. "Ground Branch" Come on....................................GoldenElementXL

uh, im pretty sure thats the game made by the original Rainbow six developers. You know, back when that series was actually good.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

those are a lot of games, but I wonder what they all will score? a lot of them probably won't pull AAA, or even AA

KevinButlerVP

Why does it matter what it scores? Thats one person's opinion, so please dont talk cause your just a troll.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#305 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Never heard about a single one of those.IceBlazerX
Not even Star Wars?

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

[QUOTE="IceBlazerX"]Never heard about a single one of those.mitu123

Not even Star Wars?

Only basement nerds have heard of that.

[spoiler] like me :oops: [/spoiler]

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#307 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

[QUOTE="GoldenElementXL"]It's about quality not quantity. "Ground Branch" Come on....................................cobrax55

uh, im pretty sure thats the game made by the original Rainbow six developers. You know, back when that series was actually good.

Correct. Ground Branch is being developed by the creators of Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, two of the best tactical FPS ever made (until Ubisoft ruined both series).

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

This thread really shows that some console gamers know little or nothing about PC gaming or video games in general. LOL some are basing there arguements off of gameplay videos...and it's very blatant that some haven't played a single PC game in there life..

LOL somebody used KZ2 and WaW against RO2. That's sad....

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="IceBlazerX"]Never heard about a single one of those.Raymundo_Manuel

Not even Star Wars?

Only basement nerds have heard of that.

Ha, ha, nice.:P

Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#310 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
I think this speaks more than anything against the fact that the PC is alive and well. When only a handful of those titles are indeed industry leading or big budget projects. Granted it still has it's huge share of indie developed games and some behemoths such as Diablo 3 and Dota 2. PC isn't the leading exclusive platform but the lead in multiplatform just because if you have hardware you are lightyears ahead of Xbox360 etc in terms of looks and performance. Some if not most of those games i've never heard of, looks like 10 year old games or will never be cared for once released. However I got my PC gaming rig, so i'll still be playing most of the multiplats here but let's just say I had much more fun during the early 2000s, with Westwood, Lucasarts, Bullfrog, Ion, Blizzard etc.
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Raymundo_Manuel

I think this speaks more than anything against the fact that the PC is alive and well. When only a handful of those titles are indeed industry leading or big budget projects. Granted it still has it's huge share of indie developed games and some behemoths such as Diablo 3 and Dota 2. PC isn't the leading exclusive platform but the lead in multiplatform just because if you have hardware you are lightyears ahead of Xbox360 etc in terms of looks and performance. Some if not most of those games i've never heard of, looks like 10 year old games or will never be cared for once released. However I got my PC gaming rig, so i'll still be playing most of the multiplats here but let's just say I had much more fun during the early 2000s, with Westwood, Lucasarts, Bullfrog, Ion, Blizzard etc.Gamingcucumber

Who is providing the big budget exclusives on consoles though? Sony and MS. It'd be insane for a 3rd party publisher to release a big budget exclusive on either console.

So I wouldn't agree it speaks against the PC being alive to see that it doesn't get a billion big budget games. The entire industry is like that.

But you still have to consider that the PC does get big exclusives such as Total War, The Old Republic, and Blizzard's games, as well it will also be the focus of big projects like The Witcher 2, and STALKER 2.

THQ, Ubisoft, EA, Acti/Blizzard, SEGA, and even Microsoft publish (or will publish) exclusive games on the PC. These are industry giants as far as I know, and they can't provide the same support to the 360 or PS3

CountChoculous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 CountChoculous
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="RyuRanVII"]

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

You need to remove Witcher 2 from the list. XBox360 and PS3 releases have already been confirmed, although the PC version will be released first.
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#313 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="RyuRanVII"]

CountChoculous

You need to remove Witcher 2 from the list. XBox360 and PS3 releases have already been confirmed, although the PC version will be released first.

Have a link to back that up?

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 RyuRanVII

[QUOTE="RyuRanVII"]

CountChoculous

Planned, not confirmed. PC version will arrive May 17th while console versions were not announced.

CountChoculous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 CountChoculous

[QUOTE="CountChoculous"][QUOTE="RyuRanVII"]

Grawse

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-witcher-2-dated-detailed since the console version release dates are "TBA" I suppose it's possible they could take forever, or never get around to it
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]

[QUOTE="CountChoculous"] You need to remove Witcher 2 from the list. XBox360 and PS3 releases have already been confirmed, although the PC version will be released first.CountChoculous

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-witcher-2-dated-detailed since the console version release dates are "TBA" I suppose it's possible they could take forever, or never get around to it

Well, the devs themselves have said the console versions haven't been confirmed. I think it's safe to say we can leave it as a PC exclusive until an actual announcement and press-release is made, if it's made at all.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]

[QUOTE="CountChoculous"] You need to remove Witcher 2 from the list. XBox360 and PS3 releases have already been confirmed, although the PC version will be released first.CountChoculous

I was aware it might come to consoles, but by the way you said it I thought it was officially announced. So can The Witcher 2 be called multiplat the way everyone says Fable 3 is multiplat?

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

[QUOTE="CountChoculous"][QUOTE="Grawse"]Have a link to back that up?

Grawse

I was aware it might come to consoles, but by the way you said it I thought it was officially announced. So can The Witcher 2 be called multiplat the way everyone says Fable 3 is multiplat?

Fable 3 PC has been confirmed, Witcher 2 consoles hasn't yet. They aren't really in the same boat.

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts
[QUOTE="Grawse"]

The first witcher was planned for consoles for like 2 years before they finally said its no coming out. I think it all depends on how well it sells on PC.
CountChoculous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 CountChoculous
In any case, excellent list and thanks for taking the time to compile it! As a strictly PC gamer who does not even own any consoles, I've been hoping to someday try highly regarded console games like Heavy Rain, RDR, Demon's Souls, but I can only hope they someday get around to a PC port.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

[QUOTE="CountChoculous"][QUOTE="Grawse"]Have a link to back that up?

mattuk69

The first witcher was planned for consoles for like 2 years before they finally said its no coming out. I think it all depends on how well it sells on PC.

I think quality control pulled the pin on the console port. The port was outsourced & wasn't up to standard so it was canceled, or so I read.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
Magicka is outselling Deadspace 2 on steam... =)
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 RyuRanVII

[QUOTE="mattuk69"][QUOTE="CountChoculous"] http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-witcher-2-dated-detailed since the console version release dates are "TBA" I suppose it's possible they could take forever, or never get around to itTwin-Blade

I think quality control pulled the pin on the console port. The port was outsourced & wasn't up to standard so it was canceled, or so I read.

I totally see The Witcher 2 not coming to consoles for the same reason: "The development team confirmed it is actively exploring options for bringing the game to current-generation consoles, but will not be doing so if the hardware can't give the game the graphical fidelity the studio believes it deserves."

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

[QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

[QUOTE="mattuk69"] The first witcher was planned for consoles for like 2 years before they finally said its no coming out. I think it all depends on how well it sells on PC.RyuRanVII

I totally see The Witcher 2 not coming to consoles for the same reason: "The development team confirmed it is actively exploring options for bringing the game to current-generation consoles, but will not be doing so if the hardware can't give the game the graphical fidelity the studio believes it deserves."

and the game has only 3 load times the whole game...... so I don't see it coming.
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Raymundo_Manuel

Magicka is outselling Deadspace 2 on steam... =)KalDurenik

It's at the top of the chart right now.

That's surprising.

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#326 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

[QUOTE="KalDurenik"]Magicka is outselling Deadspace 2 on steam... =)Raymundo_Manuel

That's surprising.

I hear $10 is less than $60... :P
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Raymundo_Manuel

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

[QUOTE="KalDurenik"]Magicka is outselling Deadspace 2 on steam... =)Cruxis27

That's surprising.

Sure, but it's still a game that not many people have ever heard of.

If it was just a matter of being lower priced then no $60 game would ever be on that chart since there's plenty of cheap games on Steam.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#328 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruxis27"][QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

That's surprising.

Raymundo_Manuel

If it was just a matter of being lower priced then no $60 game would ever be on that chart since there's plenty of cheap games on Steam.

played the demo last night..seems like could be a great game with some friends.

RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

No-one can destroy PC Gaming.
PC Gaming will strike you down with a vicious blow.
These are the vanquished foes of PC Gaming.
They tried to win for why we do not know.

Steam!
It comes from hell!

mattuk69

Speaking of which, I'd take Vanquish over all 90+ games you listed.

Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Raymundo_Manuel

Never heard about a single one of those.IceBlazerX

That's surprising given the names of the games in the OP.

Games like Might and Magic, Battlefield, Age of Empires, Tropico, Total War, The Witcher, and The Sims among others.

Do you live with your console under a rock?

Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

[QUOTE="mattuk69"]

Steam!
It comes from hell!

RawDeal_basic

I'd take Recettear over Vanquish. :|

DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts
It's about quality not quantity. "Ground Branch" Come on....................................GoldenElementXL
Yeah, yeah, and if it were somewhere around 15 titles you would still say they were all crap. How do you know? The games aren't even out yet.
Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruxis27"][QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

That's surprising.

Raymundo_Manuel

So I herd Magicka is t3h bugz0rd.

I'll probably wait til the 30th to buy the game, see if they haven't fixed all the game-breaking issues yet.

sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

i just came

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts

Games that interest me: Bloodline Champions Battlefield Play4Free Firefall DOTA 2 Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War II – Retribution Diablo III The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Planetside Next Rift: Planes of Telara

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#336 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Diablo 3 ftw!

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
Warface is on this list... is it confirmed to be released in the US too?? I thought it was Asia only
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
there are more games coming too, that aren't listed here like lucius and a new project from the amnesia devs. really good year for games, i shall be busy.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

[QUOTE="mattuk69"]

Steam!
It comes from hell!

RawDeal_basic

Yes, how open minded. Taking a game you've played over 90 other games you haven't. It is astounding how adventurous you are. :roll:

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

LOL almost all of them are crappy indie games, PC gaming really is dying

Gauloisez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Gauloisez
Member since 2011 • 68 Posts

Zurrur
Butthurt much? :D
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Zurrur

Indie games like Sw tor? The most expensive game ever made.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#343 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61522 Posts

Zurrur

With one of the best years in a long time coming up... How would it be if it were actually healthy? :shock:

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#344 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Blahblahblahblah quality of a game is proportional to budget blahblah I've never heard of them so they suck blahblah PC gamers are bad blahblahblahblah.

Am I doing it right?

Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Raymundo_Manuel

Blahblahblahblah quality of a game is proportional to budget blahblah I've never heard of them so they suck blahblah PC gamers are bad blahblahblahblah.

Am I doing it right?

Barbariser

Refer to PC gamers as Elitists next time, and you'll be spot on.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 mitu123

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

Am I doing it right?

Raymundo_Manuel

Elitists

Yeah, I've been like that recently, more so than ever.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#347 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

Am I doing it right?

mitu123

Elitists

Yeah, I've been like that recently, more so than ever.

See? I told you that once you go PC,you´ll see the world from a whole new perspective. :P

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Pretty nice list, though there is no chance of seeing Blade and Soul as well as some other games on there this year.

CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

That list is as about as interesting as a huge list of kinect and move exclusive games. Who has even heard of or even cares about 95% of those games. WOW there exclusive, but exclusives don't equal quality. :roll: straw grasping at it's finest. I'd take 2 or 3 360 or ps3 2011 exclusives over those 90 2011 PC exclusives any day!

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#350 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

That list is as about as interesting as a huge list of kinect and move exclusive games. Who has even heard of or even cares about 95% of those games. WOW there exclusive, but exclusives don't equal quality.

CB4McGusto

And how exactly would you know that these exclusives aren't of quality?