90+ PC Exclusive Games 2011

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#251 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

Realistic gunplay: Look at the term "realistic". Do you understand what that means? Yes it means more recoil (read realistic), but it also means that there will be a complete bullet physics. Meaning that every bullet you fire will be influenced by gravity and normal physics. The bullets will ricochet and stuff like that. Just because you dont care about it doesnt mean that others dont. Im tired of playing FPSs that all play the same (KZ, COD, Resistance, etc.).Iantheone

"more recoil=/= more realistic." the amount of recoil is heavily contingent on the strength of the user and the type of gun at hand. so not all games need to have your gun bouncing around. There are things like shock-absorbing stocks, characters with superhuman strength, and energy based weapons. its simply a lie to say this game's recoil is substantially more realistic than other games.

"Realistic =/= good." I have never sat down and played an FPS game and thought to myself "hey. this isnt recoiling enough."

The reason why I found the "bullet physics" thing to be especially absurd (and not even worth comment) is because in all FPS games today, gravity and range effects your bullets. this has been a staple for roughly a decade. also, we have games where bullets ricochet off certain objects. it simply isnt noticed or capitalized on for the simple reason that it serves no practical use, especially if you are trying to be realistic.

Realsitic tanks: Again read the "realistic" part. In RO2 playing in a tank is done how it would be in real life. You will have people driving it, commanding it, firing the gun and such. The entire interior is rendered with historic accuracy. Tanks work well in any BF game, correct? So how could you say that those are the worst moments in any FPS?Iantheone

having multiple people piloting a vehicle doesn't sound that innovative to me. and I really dont care about how historically accurate the interior of the tank is. really, it is laughable that any gamer in their right mind would even notice such a thing. the things PC gamers get fixated on just amuse me.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="Iantheone"] Realistic gunplay: Look at the term "realistic". Do you understand what that means? Yes it means more recoil (read realistic), but it also means that there will be a complete bullet physics. Meaning that every bullet you fire will be influenced by gravity and normal physics. The bullets will ricochet and stuff like that. Just because you dont care about it doesnt mean that others dont. Im tired of playing FPSs that all play the same (KZ, COD, Resistance, etc.).arbitor365

"more recoil=/= more realistic." the amount of recoil is heavily contingent on the strength of the user and the type of gun at hand. so not all games need to have your gun bouncing around. There are things like shock-absorbing stocks, characters with superhuman strength, and energy based weapons. its simply a lie to say this game's recoil is substantially more realistic than other games.

"Realistic =/= good." I have never sat down and played an FPS game and thought to myself "hey. this isnt recoiling enough."

The reason why I found the "bullet physics" thing to be especially absurd (and not even worth comment) is because in all FPS games today, gravity and range effects your bullets. this has been a staple for roughly a decade. also, we have games where bullets ricochet off certain objects. it simply isnt noticed or capitalized on for the simple reason that it serves no practical use, especially if you are trying to be realistic.

Realsitic tanks: Again read the "realistic" part. In RO2 playing in a tank is done how it would be in real life. You will have people driving it, commanding it, firing the gun and such. The entire interior is rendered with historic accuracy. Tanks work well in any BF game, correct? So how could you say that those are the worst moments in any FPS?Iantheone

having multiple people piloting a vehicle doesn't sound that innovative to me. and I really dont care about how historically accurate the interior of the tank is. really, it is laughable that any gamer in their right mind would even notice such a thing. the things PC gamers get fixated on just amuse me.

And having guns with no recoil like in MW2 is even less realistic. Just because you dont like realism in your games doesnt mean anything. Dont play this game then. Dont try and put down the features of the game as nothing because you dont like it. It really amuses me the number of ways console fanboys try to bring down any PC game. It amuses me even more when they try and argue it without knowing anything about the subject. It amuses me when any PC gamer tells them that they are wrong they do the whole "herp PC elitist derp". Its getting old =/
Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#253 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

Resistance 3 – first of all, Resistance 2 was incredible. It made massive improvements over the previous game and the controls were pretty much perfect. The campaign was one of the most impressive that I have seen in this gen. It brought you to many interesting locations, it was challenging, it had impressive boss battles, and the scale was enormous. The multiplayer, especially the co-op, was very fun as well.

Judging by what I have seen about resistance 3, it looks even better than the last game. Improvements have been made to the enemy AI and apparently to the controls (which I find hard to imagine considering how good they were before). The sty|e/visuals, the story, the setting, and many of the themes seem to bear a resemblance to Cormac McCarthy's "The Road."

This really interests me. Of course, even if I knew nothing about the game, I would still buy it simply because it is made by insomniac. This company has never made a single bad game after 15+ titles. They have always had a tendency to improve their franchises with every entry (eg. Spyro, ratchet and clank, and the previous resistance games).arbitor365

So the reason you think Resistance 3 will be a good game is...
+Resistance 2 had a good campaign
+It was challenging
+It had impressive boss battles
+The scale was enormous (not sure what your definition of scale is all the gameplay footage I've seen looks cramped and linear)
+Improvements to the AI which I don't understand the need for since once again the AI looks heavily scripted given the linearity of the game
+The controls have been improved though I'm assuming they use a standard fps format
+The developer has in your opinion a good track record

Now I think Red Orchestra is a good game for a number of reasons.
+It has a proven strong multiplayer component
+It was challenging
+It has impressive combined arms battles
+The scale is enormous with 64 players fighting alongside tanks, artillery barrages, and aircraft
+Improvements to the AI
+The developer has in my opinion had an excellent track record with the first Red Orchestra and Killing Floor, both highly succesful indie games
+They are leaving the game open for modding and a pacific theatre mod and a Vietnam mod are already in the works

Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Ocid1
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

Killzone 3– the last game pushed the envelope in visuals and scale and it had the first really effective cover system that the FPS genre has seen. I played KZ3 at E3 last year and it was incredible. This game is everything that was good about killzone 2 and then some. This is the best FPS game I have seen this gen.

arbitor365

So you slate Red Orchestra 2 saying cover systems aren't anything new and its not innovative then go on to praise KZ3 for having the best fps cover system.

Might want to take those fanboy goggles off.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

I wanted to mention this game Magicka. Just saw it today on Steam (it wasn't mentioned in the original post)

Steam Site

Trailer on Youtube if you hate Steam and Gabe Newell

The art caught my eye which led me to watch the gameplay vids which look pretty cool as well :)

Kinthalis

Hilarious Trailer. It's on ym Steam wishlist now. Thanks for pointing it out.

You're very welcome! :)

I just wonder how much it's going to cost. I'm not the richest person in the world :P I'll just have to wait till some holiday sales I'm guessing. I can't really afford to get Dungeons, and Magicka.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#256 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

I wanted to mention this game Magicka. Just saw it today on Steam (it wasn't mentioned in the original post)

Steam Site

Trailer on Youtube if you hate Steam and Gabe Newell

The art caught my eye which led me to watch the gameplay vids which look pretty cool as well :)

Raymundo_Manuel

Hilarious Trailer. It's on ym Steam wishlist now. Thanks for pointing it out.

I just wonder how much it's going to cost. I'm not the richest person in the world :P I'll just have to wait till some holiday sales I'm guessing. I can't really afford to get Dungeons, and Magicka.

Well... It look like around 10$ (my guess is more for the physical version sadly). But overall me want! I love the chaos you will be able to create when playing 4 ppl co op. I can see some hilarious moments happening :D

Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts

Raymundo_Manuel

89.99 for the game :P

[spoiler] that is til the red wizard comes in and zaps it! [/spoiler]

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 arbitor365

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

Killzone 3– the last game pushed the envelope in visuals and scale and it had the first really effective cover system that the FPS genre has seen. I played KZ3 at E3 last year and it was incredible. This game is everything that was good about killzone 2 and then some. This is the best FPS game I have seen this gen.

Ocid1

So you slate Red Orchestra 2 saying cover systems aren't anything new and its not innovative then go on to praise KZ3 for having the best fps cover system.

for the record, the KZ2 cover system was something new. KZ3 has improved upon it (by making it smoother and more responsive) and the rest of the controls have been perfected. but thats just the tip of the iceberg. KZ3 is the most intense, visually stunning, cinematic, best controlled FPS game that I have ever played (and thats just from what I played at E3). and the multiplayer is jaw-dropping. How can any of you pretend that "red orchestra 2" is on par with KZ3? its not even on the same playing field. "Red Orchestra 2" is a joke.

Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Raymundo_Manuel

rpgs_shall_rule

89.99 for the game :P

that is til the red wizard comes in and zaps it!

I'm glad we have him around :)

The red member is always the coolest of any group. Must be why it's my favorite color. :oops:

cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 cobrax55
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

arbitor365

for the record, the KZ2 cover system was something new. KZ3 has improved upon it (by making it smoother and more responsive) and the rest of the controls have been perfected. but thats just the tip of the iceberg. KZ3 is the most intense, visually stunning, cinematic, best controlled FPS game that I have ever played (and thats just from what I played at E3). and the multiplayer is jaw-dropping. How can any of you pretend that "red orchestra 2" is on par with KZ3? its not even on the same playing field. "Red Orchestra 2" is a joke.

lol, the original Red Orchestra was the first FPS with a built in cover system. I dont even know what you see in KZ3, its generic in every sense of the word. With multiplayer that can best be described as "like Team Fortress 2, but not even remotly as good"

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#261 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

arbitor365

as mentioned before take off your goggles. kz2 wasnt the first to have a first person cover system, the following few sentences sound like something coughed out of a hype generating machine. And have you ever considered that people might like the more realistic feel of red orchestra 2?
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

I only counted 89. AND I didn't see any plus at the end. Liar!

LOXO7
Add mount and blade expansion to the list then. It was annouced recently.
cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 cobrax55

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

Killzone 3– the last game pushed the envelope in visuals and scale and it had the first really effective cover system that the FPS genre has seen. I played KZ3 at E3 last year and it was incredible. This game is everything that was good about killzone 2 and then some. This isthe bestFPS game I have seen this gen.

arbitor365

for the record, theKZ2cover systemwassomething new. KZ3 has improved upon it (by making it smoother and more responsive) and the rest of the controls have been perfected. but thats just the tip of the iceberg. KZ3 is the most intense, visually stunning, cinematic, best controlled FPS game that I have ever played (and thats just from what I played at E3). and the multiplayer is jaw-dropping. How can any of you pretend that "red orchestra 2" is on par with KZ3? its not even on the same playing field. "Red Orchestra 2" is a joke.

lol, the original Red Orchestra was the first FPS with a built in cover system. I dont even know what you see in KZ3, its generic in every sense of the word. With multiplayer that can best be described as "like Team Fortress 2, but not even remotly as good"

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

arbitor365

as what everyone here as stated..take off the fanboy glasses for 2 mins and really read just how fanboyish your post is. Your bashing a game you know NOTHING about :|

Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

Nice.:o I'm definitely getting into PC gaming in the future.:D I just hope I don't meet any of the elitist jerks on SWs in online games. :x

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

Killzone 3– the last game pushed the envelope in visuals and scale and it had the first really effective cover system that the FPS genre has seen. I played KZ3 at E3 last year and it was incredible. This game is everything that was good about killzone 2 and then some. This isthe bestFPS game I have seen this gen.

arbitor365

LOL

kz3 is an average fps that doesn't even have the basics elements to make a good fps, (60fps, k/m, dedicated servers). not to mention that is a linear and boring game just like the kz2.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#267 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts
So much shovelware :cry: Thankfully Diablo III is coming out. I have been awaiting this sequel since 2003. Long time Diablo 2 player. I've personally put 10,000 hours, if not, into this game.
arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 arbitor365

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

[QUOTE="Ocid1"]

ferret-gamer

as mentioned before take off your goggles. kz2 wasnt the first to have a first person cover system, the following few sentences sound like something coughed out of a hype generating machine. And have you ever considered that people might like the more realistic feel of red orchestra 2?

I never said KZ2 was the first FPS game to have a cover system (read my wording). It was the first one to do it right.

the cover system in the first RO game can barely even be called a cover system. all it really entailed was your character leaning left or right. there was no blind-fire, quick aim, a way to latch onto cover, or a way to peer over cover. Killzone 2 had the first FPS cover system that was actually effective and versatile.

Snakemaster9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Snakemaster9
Member since 2010 • 1420 Posts

As long as i have my Guild Wars 2

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Just got my PC up and running yesterday :D

I'm so ready for this list now... Well, except for the fact I have no money :P

cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 cobrax55

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="arbitor365"]

arbitor365

I never said KZ2 was the first FPS game to have a cover system (read my wording). It was the first one to do it right.

the cover system in the first RO game can barely even be called a cover system. all it really entailed was your character leaning left or right. there was no blind-fire, quick aim, a way to latch onto cover, or a way to peer over cover. Killzone 2 had the first FPS cover system that was actually effective and versatile.

um...no, Red Orchestra went well beyond leaning. FPS's have had leaning since forever ago, and Red Orchestra's mechanic were so incredibly ingenious and subtle that your never even going to notice it by watching a video.

Of course, im not going to tell you what it was or how they did it. Because watching you fumble around is a lot more fun.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 arbitor365

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]as mentioned before take off your goggles. kz2 wasnt the first to have a first person cover system, the following few sentences sound like something coughed out of a hype generating machine. And have you ever considered that people might like the more realistic feel of red orchestra 2?cobrax55

um...no, Red Orchestra went well beyond leaning. FPS's have had leaning since forever ago, and Red Orchestra's mechanic were so incredibly ingenious and subtle that your never even going to notice it by watching a video.

Of course, im not going to tell you what it was or how they did it. Because watching you fumble around is a lot more fun.

The mechanics were so ingenious and unfathomable that you cannot even describe them, eh? ok. Here's an idea. Why dont you try doing that with political topics as well. something like this

"Trickle-down economics is so complex and meticulous that I wont even go into any detail any further."

it would have just as much credulity.

Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts
And how many will be reviewed on GS?aaronmullan
less than 5
cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 cobrax55

[QUOTE="cobrax55"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

arbitor365

The mechanics were so ingenious and unfathomable that you cannot even describe them, eh? ok. Here's an idea. Why dont you try doing that with political topics as well. something like this

"Trickle-down economics is so complex and meticulous that I wont even go into any detail any further."

Oh no, your mistaken. I could tell you. I could very clearly describe it in one sentence. But watching you fumble around and pretend like you actually know something about this game is just so much more entertaining.

Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 Raymundo_Manuel

Nice.:o I'm definitely getting into PC gaming in the future.:D I just hope I don't meet any of the elitist jerks on SWs in online games. :x

Wii4Fun

Hopefully you'll meet a lot of nice people :) We exist!

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#276 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

firefall - its a wattered down "borderlands" with flying elements mixed in. pass.arbitor365

Why don't you actually research the game is before calling it a Borderlands clone, because it doesn't look much like Borderlands.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 arbitor365

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

[QUOTE="cobrax55"]

cobrax55

Oh no, your mistaken. I could tell you. I could very clearly describe it in one sentence. But watching you fumble around and pretend like you actually know something about this game is just so much more entertaining.

Iantheone had the same thing to say as you (check previous page).

"if someone doenst like the same thing as me, they dont know anything about it"

I only seem to see this attitude from PC gamers. I wonder why that is. some kind of insecurity perhaps?

cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 cobrax55

[QUOTE="cobrax55"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

arbitor365

I only seem to see this attitude from PC gamers. I wonder why that is. some kind of insecurity perhaps?

Maybe it might have something to do with you blatently not having played the game?

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax55"]

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

arbitor365

Or that everything youve said about it is so innaccurate and wrong that there is no way that you know anything about the game.
ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#280 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

To all the people saying that only 4 of the games looks good, I'll be buying way more than 4.

Bloodline Champion, Firefall, Red Orchestra, Age of Empires, Dota 2,Jagged Allience 3, Might and Magic, Avadon: The Black Fortress (GO SPIDERWEB!), Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Neverwinter, The Witcher 2, Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR. That's a lot of money tho.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

That's a lot of money tho.

ArchonOver

Not during Steam Summer and Winter sales! :D...ok it ends up being a lot cause your tempted into buying everything for cheap.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Now there're Pride of Nations, Salem and Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword to add to the list. :P

RyuRanVII
New Mount & Blade? :shock:
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

Ocid1

>the last game pushed the envelope in visuals and scale >scale What?! :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="RyuRanVII"]

Now there're Pride of Nations, Salem and Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword to add to the list. :P

Juggernaut140
New Mount & Blade? :shock:

Isn't the new one made by CD Projekt?
monkey_muffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 monkey_muffin
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts
It seems that this whole thread consists of console gamers that haven't play any of these games are already making up their minds that there will only be a "few" AA titles. Not that that is possible but it seems that since most those games are still a ways away from being released I don't think anyone can really judge.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#287 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

blade and soul is the only game i'm interested in on that list

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

"fyi, I am basing this off of gameplay footage, not that single screenshot.

When I say firefall is "watered down" I mean 2 specific things. First, the graphics (more specifically the textures, level design, and grit). Secondly, the physics. Overall, this game doesn't look quite as well-rounded as borderlands. And this isn't me trying to put consoles on a pedestal. You can get borderlands on the PC and its a great version. I would recommend it before this game.

Just to solidify the point I made about this being a borderlands wannabe, I think we should go over all the factors that these games have in common.

- they both take place largely in a mountainous desert

The world in Firefall is reported to be diverse, the desert isn't the only locale

- they are both FPS RPGs,

Judging by gameplay videos they play absolutely nothing alike. Plenty of shooters have ranking systems these days

- they both contain MMO characteristics (such as taking quests that involve collecting items or killing enemies)

We don't know how quests are going to work in Firefall, if there are quests at all. You're jumping to conclusions.

- they both have a similar cartooney $tyle

Alert the presses. That artstle allows games to look good while being easy to run on weak machines.

- they both offer character/weapon customization

Plenty of shooters do.

- they both largely capitalize on multiplayer.

Firefall is only multiplayer, there is no singleplayer component like Borderlands

Now…… are you really going to sit there and tell me that you see no similarities between this game and borderlands besides the visuals?"

I'll sit here and tell you it has more in common with Tribes than Borderlands.

I compare it to "world at war," simply because they both take place in a similar period and they are in the same genre. I could compare it to many various FPS games, and get the same point across, but I thought this would be more fair considering the limitations of the time period and historical context.

The point is that "red Orchestra 2"s campaign looks very underwhelming. "World at war" at least attempted to demonstrate large-scale battles, cinematic intensity, and a general sense of energy. "Red Orchestra 2" looks pretty dull in comparison. No amount of its supposed "realism" will disguise this.

But lets talk about the amazing factors you listed

Realistic arms gameplay? What do you mean by that? The most I have heard about the guns in this game is that they have more recoil. First of all, most FPS games have plenty of recoil. Exactly how inaccurate and awkward do your weapons have to be? Secondly, I really don't care how much my guns bounce around when I shoot them. Its not an important factor at all. A game could have virtually no recoil and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I fail to see how it is some objective, universal positive to have more recoil in FPS games. It puzzles me when I hear it from so many people, especially the PC crowd.

"Realistic tank gameplay?" once again you use innocuous and especially odd terms. First of all, I think its prudent to point out that the vehicle sections (no matter how well made) are almost always everybody's least favorite part of any FPS game. So, this already doesn't seem like a very useful innovation. Secondly, I would like you to point out exactly what is so stupendous about these tanks, because the gameplay tank footage doesn't look like anything exceptional.

Cover system? Yeah, this game is a little late to the party. Cover systems are becoming more and more common and will soon be the norm.

Bullet physics?............. all I hear is the sound of crickets at this point.

64 player battles? There are plenty of games that can run this many players at once. Hell, resistance 2 can run 60 and that game is 3 years old.

One thing I like about red orchestra 2 is that it largely reveals PC gamers for being totally pretentious and detached from reality.

arbitor365

Again you demonstrate to me you know very little about Red Orchestra. You complain about the campaign. Did you complain about the campign in Battlefield 2? How about Unreal Tournament 2004? Red Orchestra is a multiplayer series, the campaign mode will most likely be hunt the bot, but that's not why people will buy. The game takes into account where the player has been hit, has a physics engine for the bullets, the player will bleed out when shot and the environments will be degradable, amongst other things. Recoil is hardly a 'realistic' feature to gloat about, I agree with your paragraph though it could be summed up with nothing more than a sentence. Luckily recoil isn't a part of RO2 that is being marketed.

In RO:OOST the tank battles were considered to be the best part of the game by many people, not only that but it enhanced the infantry gameplay. If you expect tanks to be rolling fortresses that the player will use to destroy a few buildings before ejecting, you've been misinformed. In RO2 you control each individual occupant of the tank, it's unlike anything else done in a multplayer shooter, at least one with this budget. The damage model Tripwire is going after is rivalled only by WWIIOnline. If you're thinking "so what?", then that proves these types of games don't appeal to you, not that they aren't exceptional. These facts interest me very much.

I'm not going to respond to your last four sentences, they're just a demonstration of your ridiculous bias against this game and lack of interest due to the game simply not appealing to you. Do you consider all the games you don't like to be pretentious? And their fans detatched from reality? Isn't that taking it a bit too far, a bit too general?

Ok I'll bite: I never said having a cover system was original, but RO2's system seems refined and is completely integrated into the multiplayer component. Nor did I say having 64 players was unique, but it's definitely a point of interest for any game, especially when the game is combined arms and the maps scale according to the amount of players on the server, no meat grinding.

I call the RTS feature a gimmick, but don't take it as purely derogatory. I don't consider what the first game started as real innovation because this idea was never strong enough to permeate the FPS genre. It hasn't really gone anywhere. Mainly because this idea wouldn't really work in most FPS games. Also, the general concept of switching in and out of action and strategy didn't start with natural selection 1. has been around since "battle chess" on the NES, and probably even before that.

I criticize the FPS gameplay because the gunplay, physics, battle intensity, graphics, diversity, level design, and cinematic quality seem to be rather weak. If it weren't for the RTS feature, this game would just be another mediocre FPS game with not much going for it.

arbitor365

You're comparing Natural Selection to Battlechess? Do you even research these games? I mean, really? "Switching in and out of action and strategy"? Now you have to be pulling my leg, you're arguing about a game you don't know anything about. At least compare NS to Gloom or Tremulous.

You say that without playing the damn game, then you call it mediocre. You call the level design mediocre when only two maps have been released for the beta, one being a test map. You bring up terms like battle intensity and cinematic quality that are so broad what they could mean anything and probably only relate to your opinion. Sorry, I can't read your thoughts. You say it lacks diversity when it's one of the few FPS where both teams play completely differently.

This is turning into a joke.

Well I gave my reasons against the games you listed I can equally defend the games I listed

Resistance 3 – first of all, Resistance 2 was incredible. It made massive improvements over the previous game and the controls were pretty much perfect. The campaign was one of the most impressive that I have seen in this gen. It brought you to many interesting locations, it was challenging, it had impressive boss battles, and the scale was enormous. The multiplayer, especially the co-op, was very fun as well.

Judging by what I have seen about resistance 3, it looks even better than the last game. Improvements have been made to the enemy AI and apparently to the controls (which I find hard to imagine considering how good they were before). The sty|e/visuals, the story, the setting, and many of the themes seem to bear a resemblance to Cormac McCarthy's "The Road."

This really interests me. Of course, even if I knew nothing about the game, I would still buy it simply because it is made by insomniac. This company has never made a single bad game after 15+ titles. They have always had a tendency to improve their franchises with every entry (eg. Spyro, ratchet and clank, and the previous resistance games).

Duke Nukem – I have heard from the beta testers that this game is going to be incredible and they have said, and I quote, "the king is back." Apparently this is going to be a throwback to duke nukem 3d and I have heard that it will include the best of this gen with the best of the originals. It's a very hushed project but all the testers say that it is amazing.

Killzone 3 – the last game pushed the envelope in visuals and scale and it had the first really effective cover system that the FPS genre has seen. I played KZ3 at E3 last year and it was incredible. This game is everything that was good about killzone 2 and then some. This is the best FPS game I have seen this gen.

arbitor365

I'm not denying the quality of those games, I'm probably going to purchase all of them and Duke Nukem is in my top 3 most anticipated titles of 2011, but seriously you praise them for features which you criticize for those PC shooters I've mentioned while dismissing others. Your arguments are completely rooted in predisposed opinion.

Oh look, you praise Killzone for it's cover system, Resistance for its scale, Duke Nukem for its beta feedback. Red Orchestra 2? "unintrestin!". Natural Selection 2? level design? Firefall? "Ripoff!" It's just double standards and bias. I've been elaborately trolled.

rezzen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 rezzen22
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Why is it the ps3 fanboys that are so hard up on this? Do they just hate gaming??

Thats why I never bought a ps3 cause they turn you weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#290 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

arbitor365

but PC shooters eat console shooters for breakfast. i've said this before, but PC shooters don't even need crappy cover systems because functional controls exist (KB+M). i considered KZ2 mediocre. not bad, but not that great either. not expecting a whole lot from KZ3 either. what is this praising even doing in this thread?

Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Raymundo_Manuel

So Magicka released for $10

Great news for those of you with $10 :shock:

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
I just saw the trailer for Garshasp and I must say I am impressed. It looks like GoW but with more variety, and it looks pretty freaking epic.
capitalism25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#293 capitalism25
Member since 2009 • 304 Posts
My rig cries everything it sees Shogun 2 TW. The graphics in that scale is incredible...
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 KalDurenik

So Magicka released for $10

Great news for those of you with $10 :shock:

Raymundo_Manuel
Well there is a demo on steam. Im about to give it a try. So far from what people have told me the spell casting system is fun. However... You kinda need to play co-op or multiplayer for the game to be great.
IceBlazerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#295 IceBlazerX
Member since 2010 • 3286 Posts
Never heard about a single one of those.
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 KalDurenik
Not a single one? In that case you have not been gaming on the PC for the last 15 years so i dont think this topic is for you =/
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Never heard about a single one of those.IceBlazerX

Do you only hear about games from tv commercials, or what's hyped from the mainstream gaming sites?

You're missing out on hundreds of games if that's the case.

Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Raymundo_Manuel

So is Tropico 4 going to be exclusive then? I know the 3rd one made it to the 360 a few months after it released on the PC. I don't know how well it sold there though.

But man the original Tropico is great. I'd like to get a newer one, but the original has so much charm (probably due to it's age). I just wonder if I could get into a new one.

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#299 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

Never heard about a single one of those.IceBlazerX

Well... They must all suck then.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
It's about quality not quantity. "Ground Branch" Come on....................................