5 reasons why Consoles are better than PC gaming... Link inside...

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"][QUOTE="GioVela2010"]But you dont. And its a hassle having to move your PC to your living room whenever you want to use it for gaming. And a PC looks ugly in the living room. SamiRDuran

exactly. who would want a pc hooked up to a tv in the living room? :lol: nerd alert!!! :lol:

There is no way i am going to put a cheap, toyish looking console in my living room. this pc though would fit very well and can bring many compliments from guests.

Strategy games on a big screen from far away  :lol:

And you're not going to put consoles in your living room?  As if you have a nice HTPC in your living room right.. ?

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
[QUOTE="SamiRDuran"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"] exactly. who would want a pc hooked up to a tv in the living room? :lol: nerd alert!!! :lol:GioVela2010

There is no way i am going to put a cheap, toyish looking console in my living room. this pc though would fit very well and can bring many compliments from guests.

And you're not going to put consoles in your living room?  As if you have a nice HTPC in your living room right.. ?

When i want to play competitive games like RTS games or CS i use a pc monitor. you know that modern graphics cards can output to more than one display right? i just have a 10m vga cable to my room. dont worry as a home cinema enthusiast i know very well how to conceal cables as they are running all over the house. this is what pc gaming is all about, flexibility and customization.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"] But then again most TVs are also used for more than gaming applications Guybrush_3

PCs are used for alot more than just gaming. What are you posting from right now?

Hey man PC gaming is too expensive, that's why he bought a 42" HDTV, a console and a PC to post that comment.
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts
[QUOTE="Brainkiller05"][QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

But then again most TVs are also used for more than gaming applications SemiMaster

PCs are used for alot more than just gaming. What are you posting from right now?

Hey man PC gaming is too expensive, that's why he bought a 42" HDTV, a console and a PC to post that comment.

LMAO:)
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

This all boils down to opinion and preference, its just most of the time most peoples opinions are completely bias.

"LULZ, I would rather play with a controller than a M/KB" Hate to break it to everyone, everything you can do with a console, you can do with a PC, except with a PC, you can do more.

I own all 3 current gen systems(Along with some older ones) and 2 gaming rigs, the only reason I can possibly see for someone to say consoles are better for gaming than PC's is, lazyness, PC's allow alot of flexibility to do what you want a PC to do, I have all of my PC's and all of my consoles, except the Wii of course, all hooked up on a network, if I want to pull up a document from one of my PC's up stairs on my PC down stairs, I can, same goes with files from my PC's to my consoles, its a very convenient.

Anyways, this is all preference, some people just don't want to take that little bit of time to put into gaming on a PC and others do and get more out of it.

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jasonheyman

This all boils down to opinion and preference, its just most of the time most peoples opinions are completely bias.

"LULZ, I would rather play with a controller than a M/KB" Hate to break it to everyone, everything you can do with a console, you can do with a PC, except with a PC, you can do more.

I own all 3 current gen systems(Along with some older ones) and 2 gaming rigs, the only reason I can possibly see for someone to say consoles are better for gaming than PC's is, lazyness, PC's allow alot of flexibility to do what you want a PC to do, I have all of my PC's and all of my consoles, except the Wii of course, all hooked up on a network, if I want to pull up a document from one of my PC's up stairs on my PC down stairs, I can, same goes with files from my PC's to my consoles, its a very convenient.

Anyways, this is all preference, some people just don't want to take that little bit of time to put into gaming on a PC and others do and get more out of it.

Nagidar

This is a plus to you. But to others the "more" part is a hassle frustrating and a waste of time to which you could be playing the game and not messing with the adjustment;)

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Nagidar
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

jasonheyman

This is a plus to you. But to other the "more" part is a hassle frustrating and a waste of time to which you could be playing the game and not messing with the adjustment;)

Like I said, no one wants to take the time to do it, when its all said and done, it doesn't even take that long, I had all my PC's and consoles connected to eachother within an hour. Games now have an automatic adjustment, it sets games to what is best for your hardware, there goes that statement.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

I never understand your threads..

By posting nonsense you realize your getting nowhere, and that every Con About the PC is an opinion that can be debated forever and nobody will come to a understanding..

The fact that you put so much emphasis on PC with your PC threads, Clearly show PC gaming is more popular, you never create a console thread, People like you care so much about the PC, but you dont even see it and even when you make threads bashing PC, it just shows you care even more.

TBH, im almost 150% sure you've never played on PC's, and not for 2 mins, i mean SERIOUSLY play on PC, sit down and play HL2 from start to finish, then play Doom, quake, Fallout..But you havent, you havent even experienced what your talking about, which completly makes your opinion worthless to everyone else.

You also fail to understand that without PC, your Games, Hardware, Sound, and esp Online gameplay, would not EVEN exist, instead of bashing the hand that feeds praise it, because without it, you fail

if PC gaming dies, it will be one of the worst days in the gaming industry, Quote me on that.

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jasonheyman

Like I said, no one wants to take the time to do it, when its all said and done, it doesn't even take that long, I had all my PC's and consoles connected to eachother within an hour. Games now have an automatic adjustment, it sets games to what is best for your hardware, there goes that statement.

Nagidar

What? I thought that was the whole point of PC gaming was having these options. And from what I've heard you have them and you have to make the adjustments in order to play the game. I have links to prove my point. And like I said, some enjoy that and other don't. And some may have auto adjustments but 99 percent of the time you have to make the manual adjustments. Lets be straight here! Thats the whole point of PC gaming. Being able to make upgrades. So in the end there is always the "options"

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jasonheyman

By posting nonsense you realize your getting nowhere, and that every Con About the PC is an opinion that can be debated forever and nobody will come to a understanding..

The fact that you put so much emphasis on PC with your PC threads, Clearly show PC gaming is more popular, you never create a console thread, People like you care so much about the PC, but you dont even see it and even when you make threads bashing PC, it just shows you care even more.

TBH, im almost 150% sure you've never played on PC's, and not for 2 mins, i mean SERIOUSLY play on PC, sit down and play HL2 from start to finish, then play Doom, quake, Fallout..But you havent, you havent even experienced what your talking about, which completly makes your opinion worthless to everyone else.

You also fail to understand that without PC, your Games, Hardware, Sound, and esp Online gameplay, would not EVEN exist, instead of bashing the hand that feeds praise it, because without it, you fail

if PC gaming dies, it will be one of the worst days in the gaming industry, Quote me on that.

Pinkyimp

Yeah use a PC what it's meant for! Creating the games! Use the console what it's used for! Playing the game;)

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nagidar
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

jasonheyman

What? I thought that was the whole point of PC gaming was having these options. And from what I've heard you have them and you have to make the adjustments in order to play the game. I have links to prove my point. And like I said, some enjoy that and other don't. And some may have auto adjustments but 99 percent of the time you have to make the manual adjustments. Lets be straight here! Thats the whole point of PC gaming. Being able to make upgrades. So in the end there is the "options"

You have no idea what you're talking about, those options are just that "options", you do not have to use those options to get what you want out of PC gaming, those options are there if you want to use them, you do not have to, and no, 99% of the time you DO NOT have to make manual adjustments, games made in the past 5 or so years, automatically detect your PC's hardware and set it to the settingts the game feels is best for your setup.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pinkyimp
[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"]

jasonheyman

Yeah use a PC what it's meant for! Creating the games! Use the console what it's used for! Playing the game;)

Let me give you a little secret.. PC..Can not only create games..but also play them!!!!!, amazing right!!!
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jasonheyman

You have no idea what you're talking about, those options are just that "options", you do not have to use those options to get what you want out of PC gaming, those options are there if you want to use them, you do not have to, and no, 99% of the time you DO NOT have to make manual adjustments, games made in the past 5 or so years, automatically detect your PC's hardware and set it to the settingts the game feels is best for your setup.

Nagidar

Huh thats strange? Well I posted a video awhile back a guy named Adam Sessler. Ever heard of him and he was saying that his rig was very well stocked and yet a simple game like spore he had to input options before playing the game. But hey what do I know;)

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Nagidar
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

jasonheyman

Huh thats strange? Well I posted a video awhile back a guy named Adam Sessler. Ever heard of him and he was saying that his rig was very well stocked and yet a simple game like spore he had to input options before playing the game. But hey what do I know;)

I have Spore and it was pain free, by input options you mean he had to click "Display Settings" and put how much AA and how high he wanted the resolution to be? After I installed Spore, I was playing it within 2 minutes, again, you're failing this.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pinkyimp
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

jasonheyman

Nothing..you know nothing.. 1)G4, lost there "Coolness" along with there credibility years ago, its full of 360 fanboys now, not only that but they still think PC's cost $5000 2.) adam sesslar is a noob, hell all of G4 are noobs, They lack even the basic computer skills to do anything, im surprised any of them can even work WORD..Let alone know how to tweak a game. 3.) Tweaking/Upgrading your system or Games is NOT that hard, its people like you who think it takes a rocket scientist to operate a Computer. This is probably one of the worst "Statement Backers" ive ever heard, your using G4!! to back up your arguments?, whats wrong with you?
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jasonheyman

I have Spore and it was pain free, by input options you mean he had to click "Display Settings" and put how much AA and how high he wanted the resolution to be? After I installed Spore, I was playing it within 2 minutes, again, you're failing this.

Nagidar

http://www.g4tv.com/thepile/videos/29354/Sesslers_Soapbox_A_Glitch_In_The_System.html

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jasonheyman
[QUOTE="jasonheyman"][QUOTE="Nagidar"]

Pinkyimp

Nothing..you know nothing.. 1)G4, lost there "Coolness" along with there credibility years ago, its full of 360 fanboys now, not only that but they still think PC's cost $5000 2.) adam sesslar is a noob, hell all of G4 are noobs, They lack even the basic computer skills to do anything, im surprised any of them can even work WORD..Let alone know how to tweak a game. 3.) Tweaking/Upgrading your system or Games is NOT that hard, its people like you who think it takes a rocket scientist to operate a Computer. This is probably one of the worst "Statement Backers" ive ever heard, your using G4!! to back up your arguments?, whats wrong with you?

Says the die hard PC fan! LULZ! Yeah G4 is crap Whoever watches G4 lol:roll:

Ztxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Ztxl
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="SamiRDuran"] guess what? you can do exactly the same thing with your pc connected to the tv and an xbox360 or ps3 controllerjessesalinas
But you dont. And its a hassle having to move your PC to your living room whenever you want to use it for gaming. And a PC looks ugly in the living room.

exactly. who would want a pc hooked up to a tv in the living room? :lol: nerd alert!!! :lol:

Says the guy with over 1000 posts and over 3000 game points! :lol:

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pinkyimp
[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"]

jasonheyman

Says the die hard PC fan! LULZ! Yeah G4 is crap Who ever watches them lol:roll:

You do know i play consoles right? You do know that Gears2 is my fav MP game behind TF2 right? Im just as much as a console fan as a PC gamer, i just prefer PC gaming over console gaming G4 SUCKS, for everyone, They used to be awesome but almost everyone can tell you that G4 has been going down the tubes a few years back, ever sense Kevin rose left the entire network Sucks now, and when the Screen Savers Changed for "Attack of the Show" it was the final nail in G4's coffin.
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 jasonheyman

You do know i play consoles right? You do know that Gears2 is my fav MP game behind TF2 right? Im just as much as a console fan as a PC gamer, i just prefer PC gaming over console gaming G4 SUCKS, for everyone, They used to be awesome but almost everyone can tell you that G4 has been going down the tubes a few years back, ever sense Kevin rose left the entire network Sucks now, and when the Screen Savers Changed for "Attack of the Show" it was the final nail in G4's coffin.Pinkyimp

Yet it's the most watched game show on cable and it has it's own website?.! You Fail! Keep trying lulz

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pinkyimp

[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"] You do know i play consoles right? You do know that Gears2 is my fav MP game behind TF2 right? Im just as much as a console fan as a PC gamer, i just prefer PC gaming over console gaming G4 SUCKS, for everyone, They used to be awesome but almost everyone can tell you that G4 has been going down the tubes a few years back, ever sense Kevin rose left the entire network Sucks now, and when the Screen Savers Changed for "Attack of the Show" it was the final nail in G4's coffin.jasonheyman

Yet it's the most watched game show on cable and it has it's own website?.! You Fail! Keep trying lulz

Um... Thats because its the ONLY game show on Cable..and its not that big because it has its own website, almost every show does...
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jasonheyman
[QUOTE="jasonheyman"]

[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"] You do know i play consoles right? You do know that Gears2 is my fav MP game behind TF2 right? Im just as much as a console fan as a PC gamer, i just prefer PC gaming over console gaming G4 SUCKS, for everyone, They used to be awesome but almost everyone can tell you that G4 has been going down the tubes a few years back, ever sense Kevin rose left the entire network Sucks now, and when the Screen Savers Changed for "Attack of the Show" it was the final nail in G4's coffin.Pinkyimp

Um... Thats because its the ONLY game show on Cable..and its not that big because it has its own website, almost every show does...

Nope wrong again. Gametraliers comes on Friday nights on cable and does a half hour show!

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pinkyimp
[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="jasonheyman"]

jasonheyman

Nope wrong again. Gametraliers comes on Friday nights on cable and does a half hour show!

Thats on Spike, and at 1:00AM correct?.. G4 and AOTS is on, what?, at 6 or7 everyday?

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="SamiRDuran"]

SamiRDuran

When i want to play competitive games like RTS games or CS i use a pc monitor. you know that modern graphics cards can output to more than one display right? i just have a 10m vga cable to my room. dont worry as a home cinema enthusiast i know very well how to conceal cables as they are running all over the house. this is what pc gaming is all about, flexibility and customization.

You are all talk.  Where are the pics? 

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Top 5 reasons why PC's are superior to consoles

LINK

From the same exact source, how ironic.

DucksBrains

Thead rendered irrelevant on the very first page. Wow. 

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Pinkyimp
[QUOTE="DucksBrains"]

LINK

Blackbond

This happens about 90% of the time in Jasonheyman's threads..
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

"LULZ, I would rather play with a controller than a M/KB" Hate to break it to everyone, everything you can do with a console, you can do with a PC,except with a PC, you can do more.

jasonheyman

This is a plus to you. But to others the "more" part is a hassle frustrating and a waste of time to which you could be playing the game and not messing with the adjustment;)

How is it not a plus at all? How is it a hassle, frustating and a waste of time? Its your decision and your choice. An option of flexibility that consoles don't have. Wow to say that having the ability to do something is a hassle, a frustration and a waste of time is hilarious. Just becaues you can do it doesn't mean you have to do it. But if you want to then its there. 

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#78 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Blizzard. Nuff said
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#79 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

The fact that the same source has an article stating why console gaming owns PC gaming, and the other one stating PC gaming owns console gaming shows that both have their strengths and weaknesses. They both cator to different types of people.

But that was pretty obvious.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
no, doesn't work good. i have a 6600 it is playing games good.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

5 longer life span?  really? not if you just want to play the game and don't care what it look like.  cod4 runs on a midrange pc from 2003 while neither ps2 or xbox have the game.  it is not hard to run current games on a 6800gt (2003) if they are run in 720p or less (like console) and on low - medium graphics (like consoles)

4 sure most pc games don't support split screen anymore but that's because lan is so much more fun and much better, but they did a number of years ago and split screen is dying on consoles so you really can't use it as an advantage anymore.  sport games on pc all support atleast 4 players if not 7 players

3 there are pleanty of sport games on pc and plug in a x360 controller and they play excatly the same as on x360, sure there are sport games that aren't on pc but all the main ones are.  if you haven't heard street fighter 4 and wwe smackdown are coming to pc so this advantage of consoles is now declining.

2 ever heard of rrod or dre? those are both way more common than bsod.  sure it take a bit more knowledge to install and play pc games but you would have to be stupied to not be able to do it.  stick in the disk next next next come back in 5 mins ready to play.  launch game it automaticlly detect the optimium settings so you don't have to touch the settings.  consoles like the x360 are much less userfriendly since they like to break which means a big hassel sending it back to ms to be fixed, pc hardware is way more reliable and windows basicly never crashes since windows 2000

1 price is only an adavanatage of consoles if you look at ripofff hp or dell you can get a pc with amd 4200x2, 2gb ram 8600gt 160gb hdd dvd writter for around $500-$600nzd while ps3 is $800nzd and x360 is $400nzd (arcade is not fully usable with buying the over price hard drive)  that pc would run every single game better than ps3/x360.  

now for the advanatages of pc

1 games run, looke and play much better with many different controller options and much higher resolutions, faster loading times etc

2 games are 17% - 34% cheaper on pc

3 if you don't like games running bad you can upgrade to make it run perfectly, a poorly running console game you can't do anything about

4 can buy game physicaly or digitally consoles are limited to physical

5 better multiplayer, online pc games run dedicated servers for lan with steam you don't need one copy for every machine like you do on consoles

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

got a link just for you jason thank for finding it for me

http://starfeeder.gameriot.com/blogs/GameRiot-The-Blog/Slapnuts-Weekly-Top-Five-Why-PC-gaming-is-superior-to-Consoles

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#83 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

5 Reasons Why I Enjoy PC's Alot

- User made mods/levels/missions,etc...   Not to mention being able to take as many high rez screenshots and video footage as you want, with ease.

- MUCH better graphics and sound if you have a good graphics card and sound card

- Games from the future (Crysis and Crysis Warhead)

- A biggest and best collection of older and newer games

- Your choice of what control to use as you play (keyboard and mouse, ps1,ps2, 360 controller, etc..)

Also they have MMO's more RTS games, Steam, Xfire and not to mention alot of great exclusives that you cant get on consoles.

I enjoy gaming on both pc and consoles, but all thsi talk about pc gaming being "Teh suckorz" and what not from people who havnt ever been gaming on a real PC gaming set up, or seen crysis running

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="DucksBrains"]

LINK

Pinkyimp

This happens about 90% of the time in Jasonheyman's threads..

I was just thinking that while scrolling through the posts.

His threads usually get owned by a post in the first few pages, but then they drag on because his/others utter console fanboyism and constant poking at PC leads to senseless bickering.

I think he just enjoys arguing so hunts down any links to spark a flame war.

dahui58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85 dahui58
Member since 2005 • 21566 Posts
PCs crash more often than a console, and you are more likely to play a hacker or cheat
Avatar image for soiheardyoulike
soiheardyoulike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86 soiheardyoulike
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts
PCs crash more often than a console, and you are more likely to play a hacker or cheatdahui58
you forgot the if you are an internet porn addict or pirate clause of that statement. i am nether and thus mine is good, what about rrod?
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts

Those reasons are not that apparent to those who actually know what they are doing with a PC.

Longer life span; Well that depends what you mean, original console vs original PC then yes the console has a longer life-span but in terms of the lifespan of the library then the PC is the clear winner, there are not many backwards compatibility issues on the PC so a library can stretch back for 10 years no problem. This is one advantage of having no clear gens, its a curve and not a brick wall. the problem only takes hold if you want to play the latest games, we have already seen that mid-range PC's can run games at the same standard as consoles. Case in point, Bioshock, runs fin with a 8600GT which is now under £50.

Fiends; ever heard of Steam? X-fire? Social network plug-ins for games are becoming more and more regular. MMO players are caricatured as having no freinds but during my time on WoW i played most of the time with people i knew in the real world. its a very social game. Fighting sports and Platormers; they are coming to the PC more and more. Football manager is a PC exclusive, Street fighter 4 is coming to the PC etc.

Ease of use; True PCs are tricky, if you don't know who to use them properly, but they are also upgradeable, Customisable and can be over-clocked.

Cost; Already de-bunked many times over. yes they are more expensive IF you want something far superior to a console. you can get something that will run your games like a console for not much more than a PS3. And hey, you get something that can be used as a PC and a really decent media hub at the end of it. Most people pull the trick of adding in the price of a monitor, but without this expense factored in you seee just how economical getting a PC can be.