5 reasons why Consoles are better than PC gaming... Link inside...

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts

LINK

While I still feel the cost of PC can't be judged on gaming alone, there is no doubt that consoles on a whole are cheaper. Sure you could build a cheap rig for the cost of PS3. But it wouldn't be very future proof, and there is a good chance it would struggle depending on graphical settings. You can snatch up a console, a couple of games and controllers for the cost of a decent PC. Not having to worry about upgrading your hardware down the road for new games also drops the cost in comparison to a console. Lower cost of entry means more people are likely to adopt it.

All in all there is a lot to be said about console gaming. PCs and consoles both have pros and cons making it easy to see why we have fans of one and not the other. With consoles trying to be more PC-like as of late it seems someday we may see some sort of hybrid of the two.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
2 reasons why pc destroy consoles: 1) You can upgrade the hardware 2)mods
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
A while ago, someone posted a link saying that a 800$ pc that you keep for 3 years (my last pc lasted 5 years without any upgrade, so 3 years is nice) with 5 games/years cost less than a 250$ x360 (post launch, so you keep it for 3 years) with 5 games/years
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante2710"]2 reasons why pc destroy consoles: 1) You can upgrade the hardware 2)mods

3) free maps and content from devs
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

Its why I like consoles.

Its so easy to use, even putting music and video files is a breeze, plus you can play games splitscreen which is so much more fun than online.

wahrawk is brilliant online splitscreen. :)

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]2 reasons why pc destroy consoles: 1) You can upgrade the hardware 2)modsshadow_hosi
3) free maps and content from devs

4) dedicaded servers for nearly all games.

5) more controll options

6) cheaper games

DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DucksBrains
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

Top 5 reasons why PC's are superior to consoles

LINK 

From the same exact source, how ironic.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shadow_hosi

LINK 

DucksBrains
its a conspiracy!
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
A PC that can run a good game can cost just as much, if not a little bit less than a console (depending on where you buy it from). Why I'm not a huge fan of PC gaming is that more can go wrong with it than on a console. On a console, the game works, or it doesn't, simple as that. With a PC, programs could conflict, that random virus getting in here or there, etc.
Mlauthemighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mlauthemighty
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
For me they don't compete with eachother...... At all.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
I like how nobody ever mentions the cost of a decent TV but always assumes you HAVE to build an awesome PC. You realize including the price of a good TV, a PC would cost you less?
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shadow_hosi
I like how nobody ever mentions the cost of a decent TV but always assumes you HAVE to build an awesome PC. You realize including the price of a good TV, a PC would cost you less?Skittles_McGee
lulz double post but dude! dont you know!! you dont have to buy a TV to play the consoles, everyone has a TV already, but you have to buy a M&KB, Speekers, Monitor, Desk, Mouse pad, second monitor as a backup, not to mention 2K worth of hardware for the best compy ever. its just manditory
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#14 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
I like how nobody ever mentions the cost of a decent TV but always assumes you HAVE to build an awesome PC. You realize including the price of a good TV, a PC would cost you less?Skittles_McGee
Awesome monitors aren't cheap either there bud...
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]I like how nobody ever mentions the cost of a decent TV but always assumes you HAVE to build an awesome PC. You realize including the price of a good TV, a PC would cost you less?SemiMaster

No, they aren't, you're right. But that still doesn't change what I said.
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]I like how nobody ever mentions the cost of a decent TV but always assumes you HAVE to build an awesome PC. You realize including the price of a good TV, a PC would cost you less?shadow_hosi
lulz double post but dude! dont you know!! you dont have to buy a TV to play the consoles, everyone has a TV already, but you have to buy a M&KB, Speekers, Monitor, Desk, Mouse pad, second monitor as a backup, not to mention 2K worth of hardware for the best compy ever. its just manditory

I take it you're being sarcastic :P
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#17 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]I like how nobody ever mentions the cost of a decent TV but always assumes you HAVE to build an awesome PC. You realize including the price of a good TV, a PC would cost you less?Skittles_McGee

You're also right there. But then again most TVs are also used for more than gaming applications as well in most homes. Just pointing out that if you add things up I view it this way. Strike out the cost of a TV or monitor and accessories. The cost of a console for 5 years (which actually gets more powerful as devs figure it out) is cheaper than constantly upgrading even a video card or motherboard or what not. All console specs are designated by their company who makes it and are dependent upon developers. All PC specs are the same way, but to get the best performance out if you have to have more and more powerful hardware, whereas you get better performance for no increase in price as a console generation progresses. I guess that's the point most console fans try to get across.
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
that link gives 5 reasons why pc gaming is better thab consoles. Did the TP

LINK 

DucksBrains
TP just got self-owned.
Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
PC games > Console games thats what really matters
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
When that console hardware goes obsolete and gets replaced, I am pretty sure you are forced to upgrade if you want to keep playing new games.

And PC's do far more than just play games, which is one reason why you pay more for them.
blaaah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blaaah
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts

While we are stating the obvious in this thread:

HAY GUYS DONT STARE INTO THE SUN IT HURTS YOUR EYES

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="SemiMaster"] Awesome monitors aren't cheap either there bud...

You're also right there. But then again most TVs are also used for more than gaming applications as well in most homes. Just pointing out that if you add things up I view it this way. Strike out the cost of a TV or monitor and accessories. The cost of a console for 5 years (which actually gets more powerful as devs figure it out) is cheaper than constantly upgrading even a video card or motherboard or what not. All console specs are designated by their company who makes it and are dependent upon developers. All PC specs are the same way, but to get the best performance out if you have to have more and more powerful hardware, whereas you get better performance for no increase in price as a console generation progresses. I guess that's the point most console fans try to get across.

You have a point. And so do I. So I guess ultimately it comes down to where you want your money to go. I like the games only available on PC (or that are better on them) so I'm happy spending money to have a nice computer to play them. All a matter of preference I guess, which is why this debate will never end: its all opinions and nobody can agree.
chessboxer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 chessboxer1
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts

How can you relax on a PC after working on it for 8-9+ hours a day!?

No, I'd rather relax on a comfy sofa, not using a mouse to play my games on a big TV.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SamiRDuran

No, I'd rather relax on a comfy sofa, not using a mouse to play my games on a big TV.

chessboxer1
guess what? you can do exactly the same thing with your pc connected to the tv and an xbox360 or ps3 controller
chessboxer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 chessboxer1
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
[QUOTE="chessboxer1"]

SamiRDuran

guess what? you can do exactly the same thing with your pc connected to the tv and an xbox360 or ps3 controller

Yeah you can, but it's not ideal. You are making compromises - great in theory. Why loose all that res on your expensive gaming PC and be forced to use a gamepad to play against PC gamers with mice.

Great in theory but flawed.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

One needs a quad crossfire 4870x2sto match the uber 576p rez of ps3...and 600p rez of xbox360...

/thread

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts
I like how Hermits always mention that you can hook up a PC to a HDTV and at the same time pretend lthat a console cant be hooked up to a cheap computer monitor. Its ok tho hrdly any Hermits use an hDtV and hardly any consolites use a cheap computer monitor.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
There's no way I can take this article seriously due to how bias it is. I can easily make an article myself talking about how PC gaming is better than console gaming. But I don't because one opinion does not equal a fact. Due to his preference and enjoyment from console gaming I can see why he thinks it's better. But it's very bias and rather flawed opinion. I hope you understand TC that any PC gamer can do the exact reverse. But it doesn't mean it's true.
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
Lacking ... strong communities .. "360 has random match making" "PSN has a very loose community as well". PC gaming has AIM XFIRE MSN SKYPE TEAMSPEAK VENTRILLO etc to play together even when your not in a game .. or just browse the internet together and have fun ... you dont have to be playing a game. 2: Mods. PC games like CS1.6 are a decade old yet they have more players daily than most new 360 or PS3 games ... CS1.6 has 250k unique users per day ... that number cant be held by a console game for more than a few months sans the Halo series and maybe COD4. I pay 10$ less per game as well .. for what? A USUALLY (if not ported) better game.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

Basically:

Consoles are cheaper and easier to use and set up.

PCs are expensive and require more comitment, but are overall more rewarding.

It's about the same, it's just prefrence really. I wish people would stop claiming how superior PCs are though, because it is such a vague term. My Nintendo Wii is about the same specs as my PC (:lol:) that must mean the Xbox 360 is superior to the PC. You should be using the terms, low end, mid spec or high end systems, otherwise it means nothing.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GioVela2010
[QUOTE="chessboxer1"]

SamiRDuran

But you dont. And its a hassle having to move your PC to your living room whenever you want to use it for gaming. And a PC looks ugly in the living room.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WasntAvailable
[QUOTE="SamiRDuran"][QUOTE="chessboxer1"]

GioVela2010

But you dont. And its a hassle having to move your PC to your living room whenever you want to use it for gaming. And a PC looks ugly in the living room.

You know you could rip apart a 360 and use it as a case if you were commited enough and had small enough parts? You can use pretty much use anything to house a PC if you know how. You could make a teddy bear shaped PC if you wanted to.

Also, why not just build it in the living room if you're going to use it there? :? Or just buy a PC that is designed to sit on it's side like with a media PC.

mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
The price issue is irrelevant for me, I've never felt PC gaming is that expensive, of course it can be if you want the best or if you're just stupid. Why PC is better for me: - KB/M, gamepad, joystick or a steering wheel, whatever I feel like using. - Mods, and I don't just mean extra maps but complete games like Insurgency. - Strategy - whether it's TBS, RTT or RTS, PC is where it's at. - Features - even if you pay for live it can't compete with the free features PC apps offer. - Full BC - I like replaying my old games in HD res with 8xAA and 16AF with free extra content, and they all run 60fps too. - Servers - I don't have a fast internet and I live in a remote area. I need a server browser and fast servers to play with more than 8 people. - Small games, those tiny budget space shooters, tbs or adventure games rarely make it to consoles thanks to high dev costs. Consoles have their benefits too, like splitscreen and ease of use. But for me the PC benefits far outweight the cons, it all boils down to PC being an open system.
Holden1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Holden1985
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]I like how nobody ever mentions the cost of a decent TV but always assumes you HAVE to build an awesome PC. You realize including the price of a good TV, a PC would cost you less?GioVela2010
I like how Hermits always mention that you can hook up a PC to a HDTV and at the same time pretend lthat a console cant be hooked up to a cheap computer monitor. Its ok tho hrdly any Hermits use an hDtV and hardly any consolites use a cheap computer monitor.

What the hell does this even mean? Who even says that.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

LINK 

DucksBrains
that's actually kind of nice that the site is being non-biased.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I can't find the edit button, but I seen that the PC>Console gaming article shown here is from the same site, so I take back on them being bias.
blizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blizzle
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts

chessboxer1

I'd rather relax on my comfy sofa and having the option of either a wireless KB+M or controller with superior graphics and hardware, but that's just me.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts
[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="SamiRDuran"][QUOTE="chessboxer1"]

exactly. who would want a pc hooked up to a tv in the living room? :lol: nerd alert!!! :lol:
GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GioVela2010
[QUOTE="chessboxer1"]

blizzle

I'd rather relax on my comfy sofa and having the option of either a wireless KB+M or controller with superior graphics and hardware, but that's just me.

A strategy game from your couch? 8 feet from a 50 inch HDTV? That seems dumb..
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="blizzle"][QUOTE="chessboxer1"]

sitting on the sofa with a m/k? good luck with that. :?
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="blizzle"][QUOTE="chessboxer1"]

lol i was thinking the same thing.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

LINK

While I still feel the cost of PC can't be judged on gaming alone, there is no doubt that consoles on a whole are cheaper. Sure you could build a cheap rig for the cost of PS3. But it wouldn't be very future proof, and there is a good chance it would struggle depending on graphical settings. You can snatch up a console, a couple of games and controllers for the cost of a decent PC. Not having to worry about upgrading your hardware down the road for new games also drops the cost in comparison to a console. Lower cost of entry means more people are likely to adopt it.

All in all there is a lot to be said about console gaming. PCs and consoles both have pros and cons making it easy to see why we have fans of one and not the other. With consoles trying to be more PC-like as of late it seems someday we may see some sort of hybrid of the two.

jasonheyman

12 reason why PC is better

See anybody can play this little game.

blizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blizzle
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts
[QUOTE="blizzle"][QUOTE="chessboxer1"]

GioVela2010

Strategy game? Try FPS or Racing. As for using a wireless mouse and keyboard on your sofa, just get a flat piece of wood and put that on your lap, then mouse and keyboard on that. I do it and it works great, or just use a controller with the PC.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WasntAvailable
[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="SamiRDuran"] guess what? you can do exactly the same thing with your pc connected to the tv and an xbox360 or ps3 controllerjessesalinas

exactly. who would want a pc hooked up to a tv in the living room? :lol: nerd alert!!! :lol:

Facepalm alert!!! :lol: Look to the top of the page, and tell me what you see. Does it say, "Gamespot"? Pretty nerdy by default I'm afraid :lol:.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="blizzle"]

blizzle

Strategy game? Try FPS or Racing. As for using a wireless mouse and keyboard on your sofa, just get a flat piece of wood and put that on your lap, then mouse and keyboard on that. I do it and it works great, or just use a controller with the PC.

:? ............ :lol:

i dont think so.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="jessesalinas"][QUOTE="GioVela2010"]But you dont. And its a hassle having to move your PC to your living room whenever you want to use it for gaming. And a PC looks ugly in the living room. WasntAvailable

Facepalm alert!!! :lol: Look to the top of the page, and tell me what you see. Does it say, "Gamespot"? Pretty nerdy by default I'm afraid :lol:.

if you say so,chief. :lol:
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

Just so you guys don't call the editor dumb or anything, he also made one about how PCs are superior to consoles.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SamiRDuran
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]I like how nobody ever mentions the cost of a decent TV but always assumes you HAVE to build an awesome PC. You realize including the price of a good TV, a PC would cost you less?GioVela2010

why would you do that when the xbox360 cant output more than 720p? pc monitors have much higher resolutions compared to that.
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SamiRDuran

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="SamiRDuran"] guess what? you can do exactly the same thing with your pc connected to the tv and an xbox360 or ps3 controllerjessesalinas

There is no way i am going to put a cheap, toyish looking console in my living room. this pc though would fit very well and can bring many compliments from guests.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

But then again most TVs are also used for more than gaming applications SemiMaster

PCs are used for alot more than just gaming. What are you posting from right now?

Â