3DS is a Beast

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]The difference is it took sony almost 2 years and the launch of the slim model to get their sh*t together.

With nintendo all it took was the lackluster launch numbers for them to get the ball rolling with the price drop and quality exclusives.

GreySeal9

you are so biased and unobjective its hilarious :lol:

I notice you didn't actually respond to the point he made.

because he didn't make a valid point?

PS3 was over priced. the 3DS as over priced. Ps3 followed in the footsteps of the best console ever. The 3DS follows in the footsteps of the best handheld ever. Both needed price drops. Both had very poor launch lineups. The 3DS did get back on its feet quicker, but that's because as grey said they went from a large profit per system to a smaller profit per system. Sony was selling at a loss already and couldn't affor to sell anylower until they redesigined the system to make it cheeper. The 3DS isn't failing now, and topping the best handheld ever with their very next handheld is an unrealistic expectation, but the 3DS is NOT beast nor is its library. Yes it already has a decent number of good games. But nintendo isn't into yearly releases. IP's like mario kart that get a release on a nintendo handeld are unlikely to get another game until the next handheld. That a missed opportunity. MK DS was exceptional. MK 7 is good. NSWB DS was terrific NSMB 3DS is medicore. There are a couple of IPs such as KI that didn'tsee a release on the DS so they are a good thing to see, (even if I personally don't care for the game). But everything The 3DS gets a game like MK that it won't get another of and it doesn't measure up, its a dissapointment and a missed opportunity

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Yes, I'm proud of my 3DS too! and the future looks great!
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]It's been out for less than two years :|Shinobishyguy

And? When someone use words like beastly to troll and exaggerate, you'd have to expect to get people who put things in perspective.You know just like how 3DS owners were putting things in perspective last year when people were using hyperbole to bash the 3DS which strangely alot of members here (Not naming any names.) do the same to the Vita which is only 10 months old.

the thing with all the vita bashing is that the system's future looks pretty grim. With the 3ds we already knew about the killer apps coming out within the first year.

Ya audiences are hard to predict. People complain about ports yet sony came out with more original games or new to the series than psp did 1st year and look were it gets them.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#204 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] you are so biased and unobjective its hilarious :lol:

Jonwh18

PS3 was over priced. the 3DS as over priced. Ps3 followed in the footsteps of the best console ever. The 3DS follows in the footsteps of the best handheld ever. Both needed price drops. Both had very poor launch lineups. The 3DS did get back on its feet quicker, but that's because as grey said they went from a large profit per system to a smaller profit per system. Sony was selling at a loss already and couldn't affor to sell anylower until they redesigined the system to make it cheeper. The 3DS isn't failing now, and topping the best handheld ever with their very next handheld is an unrealistic expectation, but the 3DS is NOT beast nor is its library. Yes it already has a decent number of good games. But nintendo isn't into yearly releases. IP's like mario kart that get a release on a nintendo handeld are unlikely to get another game until the next handheld. That a missed opportunity. MK DS was exceptional. MK 7 is good. NSWB DS was terrific NSMB 3DS is medicore. There are a couple of IPs such as KI that didn'tsee a release on the DS so they are a good thing to see, (even if I personally don't care for the game). But everything The 3DS gets a game like MK that it won't get another of and it doesn't measure up, its a dissapointment and a missed opportunity

Nothing you've said actually contradicts what he said tho.

And yes, I agree that 3DS is not amazing right now, but I'm pretty sure that DS wasn't amazing at this point either.

That's not to say that it will be another DS (probably won't), but what the 3DS offers right now is enough to warrant a purchase. As sexy as the Vita is, I don't think you can say the same thing about it at the moment.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#205 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
the 3DS is absolutely filled with games that miss the mark of greatness. That would be fine if it had even a few truly great games to punctuate things. But it doesn't, and so things are not fine with the 3DS.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] And? When someone use words like beastly to troll and exaggerate, you'd have to expect to get people who put things in perspective.You know just like how 3DS owners were putting things in perspective last year when people were using hyperbole to bash the 3DS which strangely alot of members here (Not naming any names.) do the same to the Vita which is only 10 months old.p4s2p0

the thing with all the vita bashing is that the system's future looks pretty grim. With the 3ds we already knew about the killer apps coming out within the first year.

Ya audiences are hard to predict. People complain about ports yet sony came out with more original games or new to the series than psp did 1st year and look were it gets them.

except the original games have sucked for the most part? I mean really Gravity rush :lol::lol::lol: the only three games the vita has to its name that it can be proud of are sounds shapes, LBP vita and PG4 Golden. The last of whihc doesn't really count because just like LoZOoT, its a port from an earlier system.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] you are so biased and unobjective its hilarious :lol:Jonwh18

because he didn't make a valid point?PS3 was over priced. the 3DS as over priced. Ps3 followed in the footsteps of the best console ever. The 3DS follows in the footsteps of the best handheld ever. Both needed price drops. Both had very poor launch lineups. The 3DS did get back on its feet quicker, but that's because as grey said they went from a large profit per system to a smaller profit per system. Sony was selling at a loss already and couldn't affor to sell anylower until they redesigined the system to make it cheeper. The 3DS isn't failing now, and topping the best handheld ever with their very next handheld is an unrealistic expectation, but the 3DS is NOT beast nor is its library. Yes it already has a decent number of good games. But nintendo isn't into yearly releases. IP's like mario kart that get a release on a nintendo handeld are unlikely to get another game until the next handheld. That a missed opportunity. MK DS was exceptional. MK 7 is good. NSWB DS was terrific NSMB 3DS is medicore. There are a couple of IPs such as KI that didn'tsee a release on the DS so they are a good thing to see, (even if I personally don't care for the game). But everything The 3DS gets a game like MK that it won't get another of and it doesn't measure up, its a dissapointment and a missed opportunity

later half of that paragraph is so opinionated that it's not even argument worthy :|
newsflash: in the real world Mk7 is generally considered a great game, kid icarus is considered a great game. You think a whiny minority of the fanbase dictates what is and isn't a missed opportunity?

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

the 3DS is absolutely filled with games that miss the mark of greatness. That would be fine if it had even a few truly great games to punctuate things. But it doesn't, and so things are not fine with the 3DS. GunSmith1_basic

But Zelda and Bravely Default could be two of the best games of all time. the questions is when and if it will get them in US

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Shinobishyguy

later half of that paragraph is so opinionated that it's not even argument worthy :|

you mean the part where I ciritze MK7 and NSMB for 3DS? no it sn't look at the scores, they completely support what I said. inb4youcan'tplayscores. This is SW, don't like it? GTFO

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]the 3DS is absolutely filled with games that miss the mark of greatness. That would be fine if it had even a few truly great games to punctuate things. But it doesn't, and so things are not fine with the 3DS. loosingENDS

But Zelda and Bravely Default could be two of the best games of all time. the questions is when and if it will get them in US

zelda.... there was a new zelda 3DS announced?:o

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 GunSmith1_basic

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]the 3DS is absolutely filled with games that miss the mark of greatness. That would be fine if it had even a few truly great games to punctuate things. But it doesn't, and so things are not fine with the 3DS. loosingENDS

Zelda Ocarina of Time on the 3DS is not a truly great game. Again, it approaches greatness but ultimately misses the mark. For me, a big factor against it is the fact that it is such an old game. I realize it is an upgraded version, but I feel that the upgrades were not substantial enough. Overall I am positive about the remake though. It's just not great. Same for a game like SM3DL. It's a fresh, new experience but the levels are a bit too confined and the game itself is a bit too short. I am so positive of the game but it's frustratingly lacking. It would be a perfect game to fill out a game library but this is supposed to be one of the killer aps. Not good enough. I don't know anything about this Bravely Default game. It doesn't even have a NA release date. When it exists in NA then I will pass judgment on it.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] because he didn't make a valid point?

Jonwh18

you mean the part where I ciritze MK7 and NSMB for 3DS? no it sn't look at the scores, they completely support what I said. inb4youcan'tplayscores. This is SW, don't like it? GTFO

still doesn't take away from the fact that mk7 is generally considerd great. Same applies to kid icarus.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] later half of that paragraph is so opinionated that it's not even argument worthy :|Shinobishyguy

still doesn't take away from the fact that mk7 is generally considerd great. Same applies to kid icarus.

better then MK DS/ nope

and I already adressed KI in my post.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 GunSmith1_basic

still doesn't take away from the fact that mk7 is generally considerd great. Same applies to kid icarus.Shinobishyguy
neither are killer aps.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] you mean the part where I ciritze MK7 and NSMB for 3DS? no it sn't look at the scores, they completely support what I said. inb4youcan'tplayscores. This is SW, don't like it? GTFO

Jonwh18

better then MK DS/ nope

still a big step up from the unbalanced clusterf*ck known as mario kart wii

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]the 3DS is absolutely filled with games that miss the mark of greatness. That would be fine if it had even a few truly great games to punctuate things. But it doesn't, and so things are not fine with the 3DS. Jonwh18

zelda.... there was a new zelda 3DS announced?:o

Actually yes, but no new info as of yet.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]still doesn't take away from the fact that mk7 is generally considerd great. Same applies to kid icarus.GunSmith1_basic
neither are killer aps.

apparently you don't know the definition of a killer app :|
the game as to
a. have quality to it
b. move systems
Mk7 fits both of these descriptions, same with 3D land.

hell even kid icarus did great numbers for being such an obscure IP

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] still doesn't take away from the fact that mk7 is generally considerd great. Same applies to kid icarus.Shinobishyguy

better then MK DS/ nope

still a big step up from the unbalanced clusterf*ck known as mario kart wii

That not really relevant to the conversation at all. MK wii is a home console game. I'm pretty sure you are just trying to troll me so I'm going to leave you again.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 GunSmith1_basic
the problem with mariokart 7 is the same problem with NSMB2. Notice the fact that they go with a numerical sequel name? That's so they can attach themselves to a built up brand. That thinking goes to the very core of those games. Both games are fun, but they are not new fun. Mariokartwii was at least an evolution. It was new. Mariokart 7 is just mariokart wii and mariokart DS but with various adjustments and some different racers and items. NSMB2 is not new either. Again, new abilities and items abound but these are shallow improvements. A lot of people are fine with this. I'm fine with this. These games are "the 3DS's mariokart", or "the 3DS's NSMB". They are perfect filler for a game library but not exciting enough to be a true killer ap.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Shinobishyguy

the problem with mariokart 7 is the same problem with NSMB2. Notice the fact that they go with a numerical sequel name? That's so they can attach themselves to a built up brand. That thinking goes to the very core of those games. Both games are fun, but they are not new fun. Mariokartwii was at least an evolution. It was new. Mariokart 7 is just mariokart wii and mariokart DS but with various adjustments and some different racers and items. NSMB2 is not new either. Again, new abilities and items abound but these are shallow improvements. A lot of people are fine with this. I'm fine with this. These games are "the 3DS's mariokart", or "the 3DS's NSMB". They are perfect filler for a game library but not exciting enough to be a true killer ap. GunSmith1_basic
what was evolutionary about MKwii? waggle? bikes? Yeah those are huge gamechangers right there

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 GunSmith1_basic

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]still doesn't take away from the fact that mk7 is generally considerd great. Same applies to kid icarus.Shinobishyguy

neither are killer aps.

the game as to
a. have quality to it
b. move systems

I doubt they were as significant in moving systems as you say. The 3DS has been selling fairly steadily, with the main spikes being market related as per the price cut and the holiday seasons. A true killer ap would hit the system like an A-bomb. The userbase is absolutely starved for something to be excited about, and not just the latest decent game that will eat up time.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#223 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]the problem with mariokart 7 is the same problem with NSMB2. Notice the fact that they go with a numerical sequel name? That's so they can attach themselves to a built up brand. That thinking goes to the very core of those games. Both games are fun, but they are not new fun. Mariokartwii was at least an evolution. It was new. Mariokart 7 is just mariokart wii and mariokart DS but with various adjustments and some different racers and items. NSMB2 is not new either. Again, new abilities and items abound but these are shallow improvements. A lot of people are fine with this. I'm fine with this. These games are "the 3DS's mariokart", or "the 3DS's NSMB". They are perfect filler for a game library but not exciting enough to be a true killer ap. Shinobishyguy

what was evolutionary about MKwii? waggle? bikes? Yeah those are huge gamechangers right there

That's pretty much what evolutionary is. The closest thing MK has ever had to a revolution was Double Dash.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"] neither are killer aps.GunSmith1_basic

the game as to
a. have quality to it
b. move systems

I doubt they were as significant in moving systems as you say. The 3DS has been selling fairly steadily, with the main spikes being market related as per the price cut and the holiday seasons. A true killer ap would hit the system like an A-bomb. The userbase is absolutely starved for something to be excited about, and not just the latest decent game that will eat up time.

Oh it did move systems. Both games completely turned the 3DS's luck around. A pricecut alone means nothing without games
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]the problem with mariokart 7 is the same problem with NSMB2. Notice the fact that they go with a numerical sequel name? That's so they can attach themselves to a built up brand. That thinking goes to the very core of those games. Both games are fun, but they are not new fun. Mariokartwii was at least an evolution. It was new. Mariokart 7 is just mariokart wii and mariokart DS but with various adjustments and some different racers and items. NSMB2 is not new either. Again, new abilities and items abound but these are shallow improvements. A lot of people are fine with this. I'm fine with this. These games are "the 3DS's mariokart", or "the 3DS's NSMB". They are perfect filler for a game library but not exciting enough to be a true killer ap. Blabadon

That's pretty much what evolutionary is. The closest thing MK has ever had to a revolution was Double Dash.

so how is MK7 any worse? It added paragliders, underwater sections, and custom karts along with a community feature for online

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#226 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Games I'm excited for next year:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq5ggNdX118j6eo6To-pE

Fire Emblem Awakening English box art.jpg

BDFF Logo.jpg

Luigi's Mansion 2- Dark Moon logo.jpg

Animal Crossing is the game I'm most looking forward too. They're fixing things from the Wii version and adding some really cool new features. It looks to be the best Animal Crossing game to date. I think it could be the best 3DS game at the moment.

My girlfriend is freaking out over Fire Emblem Awakening, and it actually looks like an awesome entry in the series.

I hope Bravery Default comes state side, but it's up in the air right now.

Luigi's Darkmoon I'm a little iffy on. I'm thinking it's being hyped a little too much, but it looks pretty nice.

Also I'm thinking about Monster Hunter 3D, but I might just wait till 4 releases.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] what was evolutionary about MKwii? waggle? bikes? Yeah those are huge gamechangers right thereShinobishyguy

so how is MK7 any worse? It added paragliders, underwater sections, and custom karts

You know you're defending a system too hard when you can't remember who said what in a thread. I haven't played MK7;
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] what was evolutionary about MKwii? waggle? bikes? Yeah those are huge gamechangers right thereShinobishyguy

so how is MK7 any worse? It added paragliders, underwater sections, and custom karts

And contracts the roster, and made bland tracks.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] That's pretty much what evolutionary is. The closest thing MK has ever had to a revolution was Double Dash.

And contracts the roster, and made bland tracks.

the roster is kind of lame but most of the new tracks were very clever.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 GunSmith1_basic

Shinobishyguy

1- you don't know what waggle means. Using the wiimote as a steering wheel is not waggle. Waggle means when you just shake the wiimote with no precision, like an annoying version of a button. For a party game like MKwii, the steering wheel was very fun.

2- it cemented the multiplayer presence. The online on MKwii was great. Now it's standard and expected. They also fixed the mess that was Double Dash, which was a boring multiplayer experience for anyone who actually used the double-racer mechanic.

Otherwise, the game was a rehash, but at least it offered carefully crafted experience. The big difference is that NSMB2 and MK7 did not fix what was broken or expand the experience to new areas. They just continued what was already successful and added some novelty and features. Fun games but not exciting games.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]what was evolutionary about MKwii? waggle? bikes? Yeah those are huge gamechangers right thereGunSmith1_basic
1- you don't know what waggle means. Using the wiimote as a steering wheel is not waggle. Waggle means when you just shake the wiimote with no precision, like an annoying version of a button. For a party game like MKwii, the steering wheel was very fun.2- it cemented the multiplayer presence. The online on MKwii was great. Now it's standard and expected. They also fixed the mess that was Double Dash, which was a boring multiplayer experience for anyone who actually used the double-racer mechanic.Otherwise, the game was a rehash, but at least it offered carefully crafted experience. The big difference is that NSMB2 and MK7 did not fix what was broken or expand the experience to new areas. They just continued what was already successful and added some novelty and features. Fun games but not exciting games.

Uh, i'd say fixing up the clusterf*ck item balancing is a huge fix. :|

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Jonwh18

BDFF Logo.jpg

Animal Crossing is the game I'm most looking forward too. They're fixing things from the Wii version and adding some really cool new features. It looks to be the best Animal Crossing game to date. I think it could be the best 3DS game at the moment.

My girlfriend is freaking out over Fire Emblem Awakening, and it actually looks like an awesome entry in the series.

Luigi's Darkmoon I'm a little iffy on. I'm thinking it's being hyped a little too much, but it looks pretty nice.

Also I'm thinking about Monster Hunter 3D, but I might just wait till 4 releases.

Minishdriveby

I really wished that I liked games ike fireemblem. I might try it just because I want something to play, and because even though I hate most JRPG's I still like the Mario and Luigi RPG's, Parper Mario, and Pokmon. Maybe FE will be the same idk. Animal Crossing seems like a facebook social game to me.... I am excited for Luigi's mansion. Bravely default.... like I said, I'm not a big JRPG fan unless its pokemon or a Mario RPG.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 GunSmith1_basic
[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] apparently you don't know the definition of a killer app :|
the game as to
a. have quality to it
b. move systems

Shinobishyguy

Oh it did move systems. Both games completely turned the 3DS's luck around. A pricecut alone means nothing without games

sorry but I just don't believe you at all that it sold systems like you say. I don't mean hundreds of thousands of units. I mean millions. And the price cut was the reason for the massive sales spike. The reason is that when things cost less, then more people will buy it. A system doesn't need killer aps in order to get decent sales either. The 3DS has gotten by since it has a lot of good games. If it wants to approach a userbase of 100 million it will have to do a lot better however.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 GunSmith1_basic

Uh, i'd say fixing up the clusterf*ck item balancing is a huge fix. :|

Shinobishyguy

I disagree that the items were as terrible as you say. They are party game items and they functioned great. I never took MKwii to the ultimate hardcore limits though. I can't imagine why I would. I never heard anyone who played both games remark about how the 3DS version finally fixed the horrible balancing or AI. They say it is just more mariokart, only now with paragliders and water. Oh, and an annoying slide mechanic

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"] I doubt they were as significant in moving systems as you say. The 3DS has been selling fairly steadily, with the main spikes being market related as per the price cut and the holiday seasons. A true killer ap would hit the system like an A-bomb. The userbase is absolutely starved for something to be excited about, and not just the latest decent game that will eat up time.

GunSmith1_basic

sorry but I just don't believe you at all that it sold systems like you say. I don't mean hundreds of thousands of units. I mean millions. And the price cut was the reason for the massive sales spike. The reason is that when things cost less, then more people will buy it. A system doesn't need killer aps in order to get decent sales either. The 3DS has gotten by since it has a lot of good games. If it wants to approach a userbase of 100 million it will have to do a lot better however.

Basically DS was Beast. 3DS is between the DS and PSP level right now definately not beasting though.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"] I doubt they were as significant in moving systems as you say. The 3DS has been selling fairly steadily, with the main spikes being market related as per the price cut and the holiday seasons. A true killer ap would hit the system like an A-bomb. The userbase is absolutely starved for something to be excited about, and not just the latest decent game that will eat up time.GunSmith1_basic

again, it was the price cut ALONG with the games
The 3ds got it's first price cut during the summer but after that initial boost the sales started dropping fast

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Blabadon

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] Oh it did move systems. Both games completely turned the 3DS's luck around. A pricecut alone means nothing without gamesJonwh18

Basically DS was Beast. 3DS is between the DS and PSP level right now definately not beasting though.

Whoa there. The PSP is waaaaay above the 3DS. It's not even close.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Uh, i'd say fixing up the clusterf*ck item balancing is a huge fix. :|GunSmith1_basic
I disagree that the items were as terrible as you say. They are party game items and they functioned great. I never took MKwii to the ultimate hardcore limits though. I can't imagine why I would. I never heard anyone who played both games remark about how the 3DS version finally fixed the horrible balancing or AI. They say it is just more mariokart, only now with paragliders and water. Oh, and an annoying slide mechanic

Even Tom Mcshea praised how much more balanced it was :|

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"] sorry but I just don't believe you at all that it sold systems like you say. I don't mean hundreds of thousands of units. I mean millions. And the price cut was the reason for the massive sales spike. The reason is that when things cost less, then more people will buy it. A system doesn't need killer aps in order to get decent sales either. The 3DS has gotten by since it has a lot of good games. If it wants to approach a userbase of 100 million it will have to do a lot better however.Blabadon

Lol I was gonna say that but I thought shoobish might have an aneurysm:P

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] Basically DS was Beast. 3DS is between the DS and PSP level right now definately not beasting though.

Jonwh18

lol true, true
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 GunSmith1_basic

Jonwh18

pretty much. Maybe my problem is that my standard is the DS. Maybe a mobile Smash Bros game will get me excited again.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

GunSmith1_basic

pretty much. Maybe my problem is that my standard is the DS. Maybe a mobile Smash Bros game will get me excited again.

yeah. I think I have already posted it but basically I needed a new DS anyway so I got a 3DS XL for at home and I use my trustly DS lites on the go. Anything I get out of the 3DS library is jsut icing on the cake and helping to fill out some genres the DS library was lacking in like fighters. But having SSB 3DS and pokemon 3DS will be a definate plus.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Whoa there. The PSP is waaaaay above the 3DS. It's not even close.Blabadon

lol true, true

yes, a 7 year old handheld having a better library than a 2 year old one, such a shocker
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
There is a lot of crap on that list. At the same time, there are a lot of games on that list that I would actually like to play. Starting to look like a good time to get me a 3DS. Well after my PC is done, that comes first.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

BDFF Logo.jpg

Jonwh18

I really wished that I liked games ike fireemblem. I might try it just because I want something to play, and because even though I hate most JRPG's I still like the Mario and Luigi RPG's, Parper Mario, and Pokmon. Maybe FE will be the same idk. Animal Crossing seems like a facebook social game to me.... I am excited for Luigi's mansion. Bravely default.... like I said, I'm not a big JRPG fan unless its pokemon or a Mario RPG.

Animal Crossing works well on the handheld because of what it is. It's a very relaxing game that can be played in very quick bursts, or in very long segments.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

BDFF Logo.jpg

Minishdriveby

Animal Crossing works well on the handheld because of what it is. It's a very relaxing game that can be played in very quick bursts, or in very long segments.

I'll probably wait for reviews and try it if it is genreally well aceppted. If not I'll probably try out wild world

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]

I don't think I have ever found two more disappointing games that I spent full price on for the same system in my life.

themajormayor
You keep on rolling with your inferior taste! :lol:

Nah he's right

I agree. Those are two of the many crap titles on that list that I was referring to.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
ok sheep i have a question for you. I'm thinking of picking up a 3ds or 3ds XL. The XL looks pretty sweet and seems to be an improvement over the normal in every way. But i can get discount on the original, so it comes to $120. So the XL is definitely better but, I don't know if it is $70 better.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Jonwh18

ok sheep i have a question for you. I'm thinking of picking up a 3ds or 3ds XL. The XL looks pretty sweet and seems to be an improvement over the normal in every way. But i can get discount on the original, so it comes to $120. So the XL is definitely better but, I don't know if it is $70 better.ferret-gamer
XL is going to get drop soemone said the nineth I think. XL is better Bigger screen, better battery, bettter buttons. Worth the $$$.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]ok sheep i have a question for you. I'm thinking of picking up a 3ds or 3ds XL. The XL looks pretty sweet and seems to be an improvement over the normal in every way. But i can get discount on the original, so it comes to $120. So the XL is definitely better but, I don't know if it is $70 better.Jonwh18

XL is going to get drop soemone said the nineth I think. XL is better Bigger screen, better battery, bettter buttons. Worth the $$$.

From what ive heard the original is getitng a price drop, but the XL is staying the same, it is just going to come bundled with Mario Kart.