3 new screens of Unreal Tournament 3

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drsports1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 drsports1980
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts

Wow. This makes me believe that killzone ps3 can be done.

Philosoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Philosoma
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
Whoa! I doubt that the 360 and PS3 versions will look that hot though ; ; Prolly a $500 graphics card can get you there, but hey, here's to hoping - and thanks for the post man ^^
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :shock:
MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
This game is going to be so freaking amazing
iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
Those are all old. Sorry pal :D
drsports1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 drsports1980

Those are all old. Sorry pal :Diammason

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/images.php?page=1&pid=928117&sid=6170226&part=rss&tag=gs_all_games&subj=6170226

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

[QUOTE="iammason"]Those are all old. Sorry pal :Ddrsports1980

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/images.php?page=1&pid=928117&sid=6170226&part=rss&tag=gs_all_games&subj=6170226

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/1267/Unreal-Tournament-3/p1/
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

Woahoahoahoahhhh.....

Now this was what I was expecting from this new generation of consoles...glad to see it's not going to waste after all.

Can't wait for this game.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
these are prolly taken from a PC equipted with atleast an 8800GTS 640, maybe even the 8800 ultra in DX10.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 verbalfilth

these are prolly taken from a PC equipted with atleast an 8800GTS 640, maybe even the 8800 ultra in DX10.muscleserge

For the sake of Unreal Tournament...I wonn't mind upgrading one bit.

It's the only FPS I get crazy about XD

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 muscleserge

drsports1980
These are PC shot. there is AF enebled, atleast 8x, as far as I know even GeOW had 0xAF. Plus look at the amount of detail, it can't posibly be done on the consoles with 512mb of ram.
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts
[QUOTE="drsports1980"]

muscleserge

These are PC shot. there is AF enebled, atleast 8x, as far as I know even GeOW had 0xAF. Plus look at the amount of detail, it can't posibly be done on the consoles with 512mb of ram.

Because you know, consoles and pcs work the same way :roll:

and ya, the textures i can tell are from GeOW 

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 muscleserge

[QUOTE="muscleserge"]these are prolly taken from a PC equipted with atleast an 8800GTS 640, maybe even the 8800 ultra in DX10.verbalfilth

For the sake of Unreal Tournament...I wonn't mind upgrading one bit.

It's the only FPS I get crazy about XD

I'll see how my 7900gt handles it, if I like it then I probably won't upgrade.
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 muscleserge
[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

Educated_Gamer

Well if you can show me a game with the same amount of detail, physics, draw distance on any of the consoles with fast paced action, I will eat my words. BTW Consoles are fundamentally PCs, 512mb of ram is 512mb of ram, and streaming probably won't help ou tmuch in this game.
drsports1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 drsports1980
[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

Educated_Gamer

Are you joking? GeOW textures don't look half as good as this.
solidx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 solidx12
Member since 2006 • 420 Posts

any idea of the system requirements?

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

This may be a dumb question consiering the title of this game...........but will this come out this year?

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Educated_Gamer
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

drsports1980

have you ever played gears of war?  i see lots of similarities

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Educated_Gamer
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

muscleserge

Well if you can show me a game with the same amount of detail, physics, draw distance on any of the consoles with fast paced action, I will eat my words. BTW Consoles are fundamentally PCs, 512mb of ram is 512mb of ram, and streaming probably won't help ou tmuch in this game.

no, consoles are not basically pcs. You need a lot more ram for pcs because its a computer and does more than just game. Heck, vista eats up a gig by itself 

drsports1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 drsports1980

Here is one of the best pics of gears of war. Do you see the difference between this game's textures compared to gears of war. I sure do.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 verbalfilth
[QUOTE="drsports1980"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

Educated_Gamer

have you ever played gears of war?  i see lots of similarities

That's because Gears was designed using the Unreal engine..but you have to be seriously way out of your mind to even compare these screenshots with Geow....you can say they look similar in terms of architecture, but graphically ...no just no.

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Educated_Gamer

Here is one of the best pics of gears of war. Do you see the difference between this game's textures compared to gears of war. I sure do.drsports1980

The game does not look like that. Go to a friends house and play gears- youll see

for example, in GeOW you can literally zoom in with the sniper against a brick wall and not see the tiny splots of color that make it up. They also have the nice bumpy thing.  

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
Unimpressive for a 2008 game.
Huxley_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Huxley_00
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts

these pics are months old

/thread

Core0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Core0
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts
Those UT3 screenies were definitely taken from the PC version. The lack of AA on the originals feels strange though.
Huxley_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Huxley_00
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts

Here is one of the best pics of gears of war. Do you see the difference between this game's textures compared to gears of war. I sure do.drsports1980

gears looks much better than that 

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 muscleserge
[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

Educated_Gamer

no, consoles are not basically pcs. You need a lot more ram for pcs because its a computer and does more than just game. Heck, vista eats up a gig by itself

Well you've got CPUs, GPUs, Ram, chipsets, memory buses, and all do the same thing the do in a PC, unless in a console the CPU does the graphics, while the GPU does AI and physics. PCs have pagefile. All the os functions are mostly moved to it while I game, so than I have all of my ram free. Unless a console can fit in more stuff into 512mb of ram than a pc into 2gb of ram, those textures won't be in the console verions.
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Educated_Gamer
and the truth is, either way, whether you want to believe me or not, Epic is going to obviously push all UT3 versions to look the same.  Look at how good they did with gears of war.
drsports1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 drsports1980

[QUOTE="drsports1980"]
Here is one of the best pics of gears of war. Do you see the difference between this game's textures compared to gears of war. I sure do.Huxley_00

gears looks much better than that 

I played the game, it doesn't look comparable to this game.
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Educated_Gamer
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

muscleserge

Well you've got CPUs, GPUs, Ram, chipsets, memory buses, and all do the same thing the do in a PC, unless in a console the CPU does the graphics, while the GPU does AI and physics. PCs have pagefile. All the os functions are mostly moved to it while I game, so than I have all of my ram free. Unless a console can fit in more stuff into 512mb of ram than a pc into 2gb of ram, those textures won't be in the console verions.

apparently you cant comprehend- they are different. And a pc doesnt convert all of its power to the game- it runs everything else and the game over it (reason why it you do a task manage itll show that more power is being used versus just on the game)

RARE's games and GeOW has textures on that level. Play them and stare at walls if you dont believe. And according to the logic your using, Conker and Riddick shouldnt have had textures on the xbox that good.  

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
They have already said it'll need the best of the best PC's to run of full which means there is no way 360 and PS3 will look as good.

They are insane, look at the black guys hair! It's so realistic!
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 muscleserge
[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

Educated_Gamer

apparently you cant comprehend- they are different. And a pc doesnt convert all of its power to the game- it runs everything else and the game over it (reason why it you do a task manage itll show that more power is being used versus just on the game)

RARE's games and GeOW has textures on that level. Play them and stare at walls if you dont believe. And according to the logic your using, Conker and Riddick shouldnt have had textures on the xbox that good.

It is wierd, I thought that both the 360 and PS3 had OSes running in the backround, the PS3 even dedicates a n SPE to the OS. Conker and Riddick looked good, but not as early in the xboxes life cycle, I believe both games are from 2005.
l_The_DetoX_l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 l_The_DetoX_l
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Whoa! I doubt that the 360 and PS3 versions will look that hot though ; ; Prolly a $500 graphics card can get you there, but hey, here's to hoping - and thanks for the post man ^^Philosoma

They showed UT2007 for PS3 a long time ago. 

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Educated_Gamer
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

muscleserge

It is wierd, I thought that both the 360 and PS3 had OSes running in the backround, the PS3 even dedicates a n SPE to the OS. Conker and Riddick looked good, but not as early in the xboxes life cycle, I believe both games are from 2005.

thinks about it though.

Remember what early console games looked like compared to mid point console games.- basically 1.5x graphics, not a full 2. Riddick and Conker were said to be impossible to be done on the xbox, particularly by Hermits. So was KOTOR even or anything above this http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/tokyoxtremeracerdrift2/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&tag=images;img;2

no joke, every single console generation hermits say that anything above the current best looking game is impossible on consoles. Its happening again with Crysis and the like. I will guarentee you, consols will have a game that looks better than Crysis by mid 2008.

The truth is, although this game is a step up from whats out on consoles now, not so much- gears of war was a bigger step up than this is

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

Educated_Gamer

thinks about it though.

Remember what early console games looked like compared to mid point console games.- basically 1.5x graphics, not a full 2. Riddick and Conker were said to be impossible to be done on the xbox, particularly by Hermits. So was KOTOR even or anything above this http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/tokyoxtremeracerdrift2/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&tag=images;img;2

no joke, every single console generation hermits say that anything above the current best looking game is impossible on consoles. Its happening again with Crysis and the like. I will guarentee you, consols will have a game that looks better than Crysis by mid 2008.

The truth is, although this game is a step up from whats out on consoles now, not so much- gears of war was a bigger step up than this is

I think you are forgetting the fact that riddick looked a lot worse on the Xbox then it did on the PC.... 

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 muscleserge
[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

Educated_Gamer

thinks about it though.

Are you implying that Riddic looked the smae on the Xbox as PC? Crysis is too detailed for this gen consoles. Remember Farcry, the PC version was way better, and did the xbox have anything compared to FarCry PC, no. Even if the games were ported or even multiplat. the PC versions were always supperior looking.
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Educated_Gamer
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

cobrax75

thinks about it though.

I think you are forgetting the fact that riddick looked a lot worse on the Xbox then it did on the PC....

i dont even know what riddick looked like on the pc- i never played it on that. Im basing it off the xbox version. 

i think hermits tend to forget what console graphics actually look like and how much they improve  

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

Educated_Gamer

thinks about it though.

i dont even know what riddick looked like on the pc- i never played it on that. Im basing it off the xbox version.

yes, and now it all falls into place.....

you have never played the PC version.....It looks much much better then the Xbox version. 

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Educated_Gamer

i cant even explain it any better- this game looks very ahievable on consoles. Same thing goes to Crysis.

If Mass Effect or Gears of War was a pc only title that would also not be possible on consoles.

Youve guys got to admit, hermits are ignorant when ti comes to whats possible on consoles graphically because they are probaly just defensive about the investment in a graphics card.

UT3 and even Crysis arent huge leaps from what consoles have been doing.  

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 muscleserge
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="drsports1980"]

Educated_Gamer

thinks about it though.

i think hermits tend to forget what console graphics actually look like and how much they improve

you also greatly underestimate how powerful PCs are, PC graphics evolution is much more rapid than that of consoles. PC always have better graphics and every year the gap grows very fast, way faster than console graphical improvements.
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#42 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
Doesn't look killzome ps3 quality, nothing will look the quality of a pre-render, but I see where you're coming from.
7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 7thSIN
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts
Alot of people seem to disregard a huge difference from pc/console other then specs and similar hardware and thats closed Architecture vs open Architecture.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cobrax75

i cant even explain it any better- this game looks very ahievable on consoles. Same thing goes to Crysis.

If Mass Effect or Gears of War was a pc only title that would also not be possible on consoles.

Youve guys got to admit, hermits are ignorant when ti comes to whats possible on consoles graphically because they are probaly just defensive about the investment in a graphics card.

Educated_Gamer

no Crysis is a huge leap from what all the Consoles have been doing....

no only does it have far better graphics then any console game, but also has much better phisics, much larger, more detailed enviromnets, and a much larger view distance.... 

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 muscleserge

Educated_Gamer
Show mw a game that even comes close. Crysis has fully destructable enviornments, and every object has physical properties, Crysis will have tornados and huricanes. Also keep in mind the scale.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

Educated_Gamer
UT3 isn't a big leap, but Crysis is.
tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

Educated_Gamer

thinks about it though.

I'm not so sure. In past gens consoles were able to get a away with SD res. This gen they have to compete @ PC resolutions. Now that everything has to be in HD it will be interesting to see the difference between the best looking console and PC games at the end of the gen. 

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 muscleserge
Alot of people seem to disregard a huge difference from pc/console other then specs and similar hardware and thats closed Architecture vs open Architecture.7thSIN
so you're saying that closed architecture will make up for the huge lack of CPu power and a huge lack of ram. We know consoles are more efficient, but efficiency only goes so far.
dracolich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dracolich666
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
[QUOTE="7thSIN"]Alot of people seem to disregard a huge difference from pc/console other then specs and similar hardware and thats closed Architecture vs open Architecture.muscleserge
so you're saying that closed architecture will make up for the huge lack of CPu power and a huge lack of ram. We know consoles are more efficient, but efficiency only goes so far.

This is true. :D Those are defently PC shots.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

O.o You know thats not the best...or even one of the best.