User Lists: 5

#51 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6526 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:

No, no you're not becoming a retro gamer. You will become a cow like you were destined to become, and as i've told you previously, you're welcomed with open arms. Sony is the future.

Let's not pretend that Sony/cows aren't a disgrace when it comes to digital. 60% of cows are buying digital, and Sony are currently being taken to court for not allowing retailers to sell digital games codes in certain countries which means everyone has to buy from Sony's storefront and thus creating a digital monopoly. Not only that, but Sony are being taken to court in the UK for selling digital games and dlc at what is claimed inflated prices.

Anyone who thinks a digital only future is good aren't very bright.

I am a cow, and i don't buy digital at all. Tons of us have this mindset, so physical ain't going anywhere. Sony is a safe home.

The lawsuits against Sony over 2 different digital situations proves otherwise.

The only "safe" home is retro. You will realise this sooner or later.

I will leave gaming before i go retro. I want the next big thing, something wasn't possible 10 years ago, and not some 2d side scroller from 87.

Problem is there are no generational leaps these days, it's pretty much a case of diminishing returns. The next big things when it comes to games are garbage games like PUBG, Fortnite etc or games with 10hrs of cutscenes who want to take the controller away from you to tell you a story.

At least these 2D side scrollers from the 80's are pure gameplay. Your problem is that you weren't old enough to appreciate 2D side scrollers.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1150 Posts

@warm_gun: Ok. I don't use them either.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#53 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41568 Posts

Disappointing as I buy physical on Xbox ALONGSIDE a Game Pass sub.

Though good on my fellow Nintendo fans for pulling though. Switch is especially fun to collect for.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

The latest figures show that unit sales of Sony 1st party physical games is stronger as compared to digital sales (an average 60 percent physical vs 40 percent digital).

The sale value of digital is higher as average sale price of digital games is more than physical games.

This is also the case with Nintendo games. Nintendo Captured Over Half of Physical Games Market in 2023

Nintendo had more physical games sales as compared to digotal

Lems who buy past year digital games are paying a lot more.This is the reason companies are pushing for digital only future and the lems are just paving the way for this dystopian future.

Apart from GOG all digital offering is a scam. And Xbox is just pathetic and autocratic.

The business model Microsoft announced with the Xbox One, which gamers vehemently rejected a decade ago, is now being shoved down their throats.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1588 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

MS/lems are a disgrace, why anyone would want less options and create a digital monopoly is beyond me. People are stupid enough to pay the same prices for digital as physical and don't even question why digital is the same price, and in my country physical is actually cheaper. Gamers have become too lazy.

I'm well on the way to becoming a retro gamer, i've been future proofing my games collection for the last few years and will have no issues not owning the next generation of consoles.

Give it 20yrs and all games will be started from an app on your tv.

No, no you're not becoming a retro gamer. You will become a cow like you were destined to become, and as i've told you previously, you're welcomed with open arms. Sony is the future.

Sorry but Sony is going down that route as well.

Not as abrupt as MS but looking at their trajectory, they are following every shitty maneuver that MS has introduced into the gaming space.

This happened with the NON JAPANESE president Jim Ryan at the helm of Sony with his western mindsent following greed and tactics of western minded MS.

Jim cased so much damage to Sony's player focused console traditions in his chase to compete with MS company focus mindset it may never be repaired.

Now Sony is STUCK having to follow the shitty trends western Jim started from devaluing their exclusives with PC ports to LOW 1st party output heavily relying on 3rd partys to supply the bulk of their "exclusive" line up.

......The all digital thing is something else I expect them at adopt as all the Xbox/PC players scream how it's the futures and Sony happily join as it means saving money on their end.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58450 Posts

I wonder if we develop teleportation technology that's cheap and convenient and you can go anywhere in the world instantly, if we will still have people that insist on driving cars simply because they "can own their car and resell it".

Bad analogy I suppose but still...makes you wonder if even when offered an incredibly awesome alternative we will still have contrarians cutting off their noses to spite their face.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Physical for life. This is all a slippery slope. What will stop MS from making game pass the only way to play games for Xbox? At that point it will be no different from office 365.

It will go like this:

Take away physical>stop putting games on digital storefronts>subscription is the only option>advertising even on paid tiers>???

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#59 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

@davillain said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I can't even remember the last time I purchased a physical copy of a game. I'm always surprised when folks buy physical still.

Why would you say you are surprised? I'm fully digital myself but I still but my Nintendo Switch games physically cause Nintendo flat-out sucks handling digital responsibly and they suck on preservation.

I for one glad physical is still an option for all gamers and this is coming from a digital gamer.

Cost, storage, convenience. Same reason I'm surprised to see new laptops or desktops with Blu-ray or DVD drives. :P

Options are great (necessary!), but the times are changn' and the writing is on the wall.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13076 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

It’s funny how game pass has all these games , but yet Xbox still comes in 3rd place. when it comes to consoles sales and now hearing that sub model is stagnate , explains a lot about these recent lay offs that MS did lately . Sony is smart , day one should go for customers who want to buy, then later on add that game to sub model. Double dip is the perfect win for Sony and for gamers who are willing wait a year to play Sony’s awesome exclusives

What is the reason for Sony being completely pummeled by Nintendo into oblivion? My guess is that it's because PS has no games. And now look at PSVR2. That is D.O.A.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

It’s funny how game pass has all these games , but yet Xbox still comes in 3rd place. when it comes to consoles sales and now hearing that sub model is stagnate , explains a lot about these recent lay offs that MS did lately . Sony is smart , day one should go for customers who want to buy, then later on add that game to sub model. Double dip is the perfect win for Sony and for gamers who are willing wait a year to play Sony’s awesome exclusives

What is the reason for Sony being completely pummeled by Nintendo into oblivion? My guess is that it's because PS has no games. And now look at PSVR2. That is D.O.A.

On the full-year hardware front, PS5 was the best-selling platform of the year in units and dollars. Sony's system saw its dollar sales grow as the Xbox Series X|S and Switch saw theirs drop.

NPD Group known AKA Circana

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/4-december-sales-boost-sees-2023-finish-up-1-year-over-year-us-monthly-charts

Hey look, I understand you're very sad right now that XBOX is failing on all fronts, but being desperate and clutching to anything you can find (Nintendo) isn't going to help. maybe you should take a deep breath and just collect yourself..

because watching XBOX Series and Switch sales drop isn't what I consider Sony being pummeled by Nintendo.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

On the full-year hardware front, PS5 was the best-selling platform of the year in units and dollars. Sony's system saw its dollar sales grow as the Xbox Series X|S and Switch saw theirs drop.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/4-december-sales-boost-sees-2023-finish-up-1-year-over-year-us-monthly-charts

Hey look, I understand you're very sad right now that XBOX is failing on all fronts, but being desperate and clutching to anything you can find (Nintendo) isn't going to help. maybe you should take a deep breath and just collect yourself..

because watching XBOX Series and Switch sales drop isn't what I consider Sony being pummeled by Nintendo.

Nintendo Switch Surpasses 132 Million Units Sold

https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2023/11/07/nintendo-switch-surpasses-132-million-units-sold-alongside-great-tears-of-the

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 daredevils2k

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2023/11/07/nintendo-switch-surpasses-132-million-units-sold-alongside-great-tears-of-the

1. PlayStation 2 (Sony) – 159 million*

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

PS5

1. PlayStation 2

Wait, you were talking about the PS5. Did you and Marty McFly just go into a time machine and head back to the year 2000 because you got lambasted?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 daredevils2k

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:

PS5

1. PlayStation 2

Wait, you were talking about the PS5. Did you and Marty McFly just go into a time machine and head back to the year 2000 because you got lambasted?

so let us get this straight, you're comparing a console that has been out for 7 years vs a console that has been out for 3? wow like they say about desperate fanboys

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

1. PlayStation 2

so let us get this straight, you're comparing a console that has been out for 7 years vs a console that has been out for 3? wow like they say about desperate fanboys

Just comparing Gen 9 consoles. And it's a bloodbath. Switch is absolutely decimating the competition.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By daredevils2k

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

1. PlayStation 2

Just comparing Gen 9 consoles. And it's a bloodbath. Switch is absolutely decimating the competition.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 daredevils2k

@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
  1. PlayStation 2

So once again, you're comparing a console that was in both 8th and 9th generation vs a console that has only been out for only the 9th generation. either way....

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:

So once again, you're comparing a console that was in both 8th and 9th generation vs a console that has only been out for only the 9th generation. either way....

Did you just quote Wiki? lol. Let's see what Nintendo has to say about this, the creators of the 9th gen Nintendo Switch:

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By daredevils2k

@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@daredevils2k said:

Did you just quote Wiki? lol. Let's see what Nintendo has to say about this, the creators of the 9th gen Nintendo Switch:

Okay, yeah you're right. you should be very happy with a 3 year head start.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 KvallyX

Dude, your quoting skills here suck ass.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2478 Posts
@kvallyx said:

To be fair, Gamespot's quoting system sucks ass. BBCode or get the **** out.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By KvallyX

@warm_gun said:
@kvallyx said:

To be fair, Gamespot's quoting system sucks ass. BBCode or get the **** out.

It does suck, but it's at least manageable. He isn't even trying.