2015 The Game of All Years. Who Shall be the Winner?

• 93 results
Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25206 posts) 1 month, 29 days ago

Poll: 2015 The Game of All Years. Who Shall be the Winner? (108 votes)

Persona 5 6%
Batman Arkham Knight 11%
Xenoblade Chronicles X 6%
The Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt 31%
Uncharted 4: A Theif's End 15%
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain 13%
The Legend of Zelda (2015) 18%

The Stage is set. 2015 will be the Year to end all Years in Gaming. All of these games are set to release in 2015 and are sure fire Winners in their category. At least one or two of these games WILL win Game of the Year 2015. But like what they all say, There can ONLY be ONE.

Which of these 7 games will come out to be the Victor of 2015's Amazing Line Up?

#1 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4368 posts) -

2015 is shaping up to be a year of the ages. mgs5 is going to be amazing obviously, batman/witcher are also top draw and zelda is looking great so far but its on wiiu(lol). uc4 going through development hell for a bit but it will turn out good with druckman at the helm. great year of gaming to look forward to but my vote goes to mgs5

#2 Edited by parkurtommo (26799 posts) -

Out of all of those? Wow, I really don't want to play any of them. I don't care about any of those games. And I guess that's the right mentality. If you hype a game up in this generation, be prepared for disappointment.

And I highly doubt any of those will get goty on GS. I'm waiting for an underdog with little to no marketing to get a high score and then a goty.

#3 Posted by Blabadon (26167 posts) -

It's unfortunate how this many great titles will inevitably lead to delays for sales. But I'd say it's gonna be between Persona 5, Uncharted, Batman, Metal Gear Solid V, and Bloodborne, with MGS taking it.

#4 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7186 posts) -

Xenoblade might end up being pretty good, I guess. I'm most excited for Captain Toad, though. Batman is sure to be good, too. The best game will probably be one of those 3, but there are always surprises.

#5 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21706 posts) -

MGSV or Persona 5. either way both will be incredible.

#6 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2082 posts) -

Lack of Star Citizen is terrible.

BTW, i love how TLOU was "game of all years" and now it's all these.

In 2017-18 well have more GOATs.

And puts UC4, but not Halo 5. Trully terrible list

#7 Posted by BldgIrsh (2340 posts) -

Lack of HL3. Are you insane?

#8 Posted by Zassimick (6469 posts) -

I'm passing only on one of those games listed, The Witcher 3. I may check it out after a while, but with how next year is shaping up I'll wait for a sale.

But seriously, that is a wicked list. Persona 4 Golden is the most recent game to break into my top 10 games of all time, and so I'm jacked for P5. Then Arkham Knight is going to be just awesome in it what it is setting out to do. I'm working my way through Xenoblade right now so I'm even more hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles X. Uncharted 4, what can I say, I'll have so much fun playing you. While I still need to finish Ground Zeroes, MGS5 should be just incredible; love the direction they are taking the series in and it should be a fantastic time. Finally, The Legend of Zelda, even at your worst (Skyward Sword) I find you better than so many other games out there. This game will be another epic journey and so incredibly fun to play, can't wait for this! I gotta think on the answer for this...

This really is the perfect year for me. And it could only get better if:

• Final Fantasy XV releases
  • will it be time for a new Pokémon entry by next year? Like new Pokémon and all? I wouldn't be opposed. :P
  • Smash Bros 4 Wii U is due Holiday 2014. I still wager they mean January - February of 2015, though I'd be so happy if it comes out in December.
  • I finally get to jump back into Final Fantasy XIV

I'll edit this if I think of more stuff. I know you all were worried.

#9 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7186 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Probably just realistic.

#10 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2082 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Portal 3 confirmed

#11 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7186 posts) -
#12 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25206 posts) -

I don't think Star Citizen will release in 2015.

#13 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4723 posts) -

Phantom Pear gotyay gotg game of my life

#14 Posted by nini200 (9721 posts) -

Splatoon

#15 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25206 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Splatoon

Will be the next Titanfall. (as in The Hype will die within the month)

#16 Edited by freedomfreak (40194 posts) -

The Witcher 3 or Phantom Pain.

#17 Posted by nini200 (9721 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Splatoon

Will be the next Titanfall. (as in The Hype will die within the month)

Yep I can actually see that happening.

#18 Posted by uninspiredcup (8365 posts) -

Torment Tides of Numenera life enriching masterpiece.

#19 Posted by speedfog (3143 posts) -

Eum none of those. persona 5 maybe?

#20 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3757 posts) -

Out of the ones listed, Zelda. MG might have a chance. The rest? What a bunch of garbage.

#21 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8873 posts) -

I'd say my highest expectations are from Batman Arkham Knight and The Legend of Zelda right now.

#22 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16493 posts) -

I really want to see a new Rockstar game next year.

But 2015 is packed, that's for sure.

2015: The Year of all games

#23 Posted by pyro1245 (772 posts) -

Mmmm. I chose The Witcher, but Persona, X, MGS and Zelda got me all excited too so really I'm just gonna have to play them all. Damn that does mean I have to buy a PS4 and a Wii U..... Damn those exclusives!

#24 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7186 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:

Mmmm. I chose The Witcher, but Persona, X, MGS and Zelda got me all excited too so really I'm just gonna have to play them all. Damn that does mean I have to buy a PS4 and a Wii U..... Damn those exclusives!

None of those games are exclusive to the PS4.

#25 Posted by mjorh (749 posts) -

Batman Arkham Night !

#26 Posted by Gue1 (9842 posts) -

Uncharted 4 will take all the awards, highest metascore and be praised to no end like always.

#27 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2082 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

Uncharted 4 will take all the awards, highest metascore and be praised to no end like always.

Just like the last one.................................oh

#28 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2082 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Didn't play the original Torment, but i have a feeling Tides of Numenera is going to be amazing

#29 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26453 posts) -

P5,uncharted 4 and MGS have my eyes. I would say LOZ but I have a feeling that will be delayed.

#30 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4368 posts) -

halo has been sucking since 07 and 343 last game was down right terrible so why the hell should halo be on the list?

#31 Edited by uninspiredcup (8365 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Didn't play the original Torment, but i have a feeling Tides of Numenera is going to be amazing

GOG.

#32 Posted by gameofthering (10213 posts) -

The Batman!

#33 Posted by Flubbbs (3064 posts) -

its gonna be tough to pick GOTY in 2015 with all of the great games coming out.. probally MGSV, The Witcher 3 or Bloodborne for me

#34 Posted by Heil68 (44128 posts) -

Me since I can play them all.

#35 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7349 posts) -

I'll be surprised if Zelda isn't delayed. I mean, really surprised. The Witcher and Xenoblade look incredible. Both are going to consume a good part of my gaming year.

#36 Posted by Gamerno6666 (1114 posts) -

No bloodborne= me mad.

#37 Posted by pyro1245 (772 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:

None of those games are exclusive to the PS4.

That's true. At this point I think I have MGS engraved in my head as a PS exclusive.

#38 Posted by Senor_Kami (8380 posts) -

MGS 5 for me. It's the only the game I'm interested in enough to buy like day one. Witcher 3 looks ok but I didn't like Witcher 2 so I'll probably wait until 3 is like $20 or something.

#39 Posted by charizard1605 (57120 posts) -

I challenge you to guess what my answer will be. I challenge you.

#40 Posted by Suppaman100 (3872 posts) -

MGSV or Persona 5. either way both will be incredible.

This by far.

And Zelda won't be out in 2015..I think.

#41 Posted by RR360DD (11814 posts) -

No Halo 5. Fail thread

#42 Posted by kinectthedots (1766 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

No Halo 5. Fail thread

0 gameplay 0 screens 0 footage have been shown. Only blind lemmings hype it for name alone. At the very least the games being mentioned here have shown *something*. There was no reason for anyone to mention Halo 5 other than to say it's coming out but there is no reason to hype it. We know fuck all about it.

#43 Edited by RR360DD (11814 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

No Halo 5. Fail thread

0 gameplay 0 screens 0 footage have been shown. Only blind lemmings hype it for name alone. At the very least the games being mentioned here have shown *something*. There was no reason for anyone to mention Halo 5 other than to say it's coming out but there is no reason to hype it. We know fuck all about it.

"At the very least the games being mentioned here have shown *something*."

So has Halo 5.

Don't act like all the games mentioned have shown extensive amounts of gameplay. U4 hasn't. Zelda hasn't. People hype those games because of their predecessors.

#44 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11732 posts) -

I challenge you to guess what my answer will be. I challenge you.

Darude Sandstorm?

#45 Posted by cainetao11 (17423 posts) -

@RR360DD:

Really good point. What has U4 shown besides a great looking cinematic scene of Nate waking up? But as much as I love my Halo, it wont be up for GOTY. I believe it will be great or at least hope, but the critics wont give it GOTY status. The witcher 3 is my pick.

#46 Posted by manny280 (1990 posts) -

Terrible choice of games TC. Out of these The Witcher 3 and MGSV

#47 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2082 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

halo has been sucking since 07 and 343 last game was down right terrible so why the hell should halo be on the list?

But Bungie made Reach, which got great scores.

Besides, I've only played Halo 1, but it's Halo. Let's get real here, it's a megaton IP. Also, has much has i love Zelda, SS wasn't that great either.

Whatever, i choose TW3 over Zelda simply because i've seen enough footage of it to have enough hope it'll be epic.

#48 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4368 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

But Bungie made Reach, which got great scores.

Besides, I've only played Halo 1, but it's Halo. Let's get real here, it's a megaton IP. Also, has much has i love Zelda, SS wasn't that great either.

Whatever, i choose TW3 over Zelda simply because i've seen enough footage of it to have enough hope it'll be epic.

reach sucks. they could have possibly created the greatest halo game ever because the reach premise is exciting but they fucked it all up. 343 has done nothing of note ever so i dont see why halo 5 should be on the list, i am looking forward to the multiplayer but campaign i have 0 hope for

#49 Edited by jg4xchamp (47944 posts) -
  1. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
  2. BloodBorne
  3. The Witness
  4. Fuck the rest
#50 Posted by which_wich (197 posts) -

Uncharted 4 of course. Prepare your butts for a lot of hurt, Hershelems