13GB DLC patch for DR3, WTF?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13382-xbox-one-exclusive-dead-rising-3-gets-massive-13-gb-patch-changelog-awaited.html

"Capcom has just released a massive 13GB patch for Xbox One exclusive game "Dead Rising 3". No official changes has been revealed."

"According to reports coming out from official Dead Rising 3 forums and Reddit, this 13GB update is only for FIRST part of FOUR part DLC that is due for release."

Forced to download 13GB for DLC you might not even buy, lets hope you don't have a bandwidth cap. I've seen posts that say you can't play as it downloads but that doesn't seem right so i'll try and confirm it later. Either way multiplayer is out of the question until you chew through this download.

#2 Posted by sts106mat (19029 posts) -

no wonder MS wanted always on connection haha.

#3 Posted by blamix99 (1678 posts) -

lol.. that's some weird sh!t

#4 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

Hahahahahahaha, Capcom be trolling or they want to win the award for biggest patch

#5 Edited by _Matt_ (8867 posts) -

That's a crazy dlc patch.

Are there any problems left with the game that needed fixing? Just wondering if this is a stealth patch for other issues too.

#6 Posted by Evo_nine (1647 posts) -

worth it, game is awesome

#7 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4085 posts) -

Maybe they're finally fixing the awful framerate.

#8 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

lolwut? Dafuq is Capcom doing? Force a massive patch for DLC only? DLC which users might not even buy?...

Something definitely isn't right. Are we sure the patch is really only to prepare the game for DLC? Does it fix anything? Heck, is it already THE DLC?Will Capcom only sell you the 15kb keys to unlock it afterwards? I wouldn't put it past them...RE5 happened after all... and it would make the size of it all make some sense.

#9 Posted by sukraj (22133 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

yes the game is real sweet.

#10 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2114 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

lolwut? Dafuq is Capcom doing? Force a massive patch for DLC only? DLC which users might not even buy?...

Something definitely isn't right. Are we sure the patch is really only to prepare the game for DLC? Does it fix anything? Heck, is it already THE DLC?Will Capcom only sell you the 15kb keys to unlock it afterwards? I wouldn't put it past them...RE5 happened after all... and it would make the size of it all make some sense.

No it is not DLC only but better textures, frame rate fix, bug fix, everything. Gameplay is now much different. Go and try out.

#11 Posted by sukraj (22133 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

No it is not DLC only but better textures, frame rate fix, bug fix, everything. Gameplay is now much different. Go and try out.

when r u getting an xbox one mate.

#12 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Are there any problems left with the game that needed fixing? Just wondering if this is a stealth patch for other issues too.

>Stealth

>13GB

..yeah, they won't sneak this one past anyone lulz :P

#13 Posted by Netret0120 (2032 posts) -

I know some gamea that are less than 13GB!!!!

A patch that big?! What about people with bandwith caps? Does Capcom not care?

#14 Posted by hippiesanta (9809 posts) -

huahuahuahuahua

#15 Posted by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

Welcome to next gen i spose. Only Capcom would pull should a move lol

#16 Edited by freedomfreak (39160 posts) -

Our fears have become true! They're patching in the DRM stuff!

#17 Posted by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

13GB and still 720p? lol

#18 Posted by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

Insanity. Sony or Nintendo have a Corporate Ninja working over at Xbox HQ. That's the only reasonable explanation.

#19 Posted by bobbetybob (19175 posts) -

And I thought Battlefield 3's DLC patches were dumb.

#20 Posted by soulitane (13431 posts) -

and I thought some of them PS3 patches were bad 0_o

#21 Posted by edwardecl (2112 posts) -

GT5 was the worst offender last gen (probably), that had ~4GB of patches. This is just insane :).

What are they doing replacing the entire game?

#22 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2114 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Desmonic said:

when r u getting an xbox one mate.

Got that from date 1

#23 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

and I thought the BF games were the worst for DLC and patches. 13GB is WAY too much

#24 Posted by MrYaotubo (2637 posts) -

At this rate those 500Gb(oh sorry,actually 400) drives are gonna run out of space really fast,so be ready to spend more money on your console lol.

#25 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25593 posts) -

So? 1.3 GB isn't much.

WAIT, WHAT

#26 Posted by quatoe (5665 posts) -

This.

#27 Edited by MeganFocks (161 posts) -

Maybe they're making the game 1080p now? And maybe they're also adding some next-gen graphic effects?

#28 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6985 posts) -

How much space does this game take before the patch?

#30 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2743 posts) -

Sounds like some juicy post launch DLC....cannot wait, awesome game.

#31 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8764 posts) -

They should have put the DLC on disc... :P

#32 Posted by Heil68 (43461 posts) -

that seems a little excessive....

#33 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

lol, DR3 and its patches will take half of the HDD by the capcom is done with it.

#34 Edited by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

The new PS3

#35 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9874 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

The game is awesome....favorite DR so far.

#36 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2409 posts) -

WTF?

What if someone has a bandwidth cap?

#37 Posted by _Matt_ (8867 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@_Matt_ said:

>Stealth

>13GB

..yeah, they won't sneak this one past anyone lulz :P

... touche. I highly doubt the dlc is anywhere near 13GB.

#38 Edited by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

It'll be interesting to see the changelog when/if it's released.

#39 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

You guys are being silly. Its not adding 13GB. The install size after all patches is 24.8 GB. Most of that 13GB is already installed. Check your game sizes. The Dlc only adds 1.5GB

now what makes me curious is what the other 11gb does. I wonder if its fixing the regular game like textures andperformance

#40 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

internet providers are saying 'fuck yeah!' right now

#41 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9958 posts) -

That's a bit ... excessive

#42 Posted by Crypt_mx (3960 posts) -

I was kind of upset with this patch to be honest. Firstly, you NEED to download a 13gb patch that took a long ass time before I could play it, in fact it took so long that I gave up on playing it last night and went to bed. Then I boot up the game in the morning and play it to look for changes and it appears that nothing is different.

If all of that downloading was for DLC alone then I don't understand why they wouldn't just have people DL it when they actually bought the DLC.

Weird patch if you ask me.

#43 Edited by lamprey263 (23142 posts) -

This is why I hear installing takes forever, because the X1s prioritize downloading updates before the game can install, and in this case there's a 13GB patch.

#44 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

xboxone, less plug and play and more hastle than even an outdated and brokendown PC

#45 Posted by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

lol

#46 Posted by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

@LanceSSJ said:

You guys are being silly. Its not adding 13GB. The install size after all patches is 24.8 GB. Most of that 13GB is already installed. Check your game sizes. The Dlc only adds 1.5GB

now what makes me curious is what the other 11gb does. I wonder if its fixing the regular game like textures andperformance

No ones bothered about losing 1.5GB of HDD space, that's not the issue. Whilst it's not adding a fresh 13GB of data you're still downloading 13GBs. It's the inconvenience and sapping of data that's troubling for a patch that as far as we know does nothing unless you're going to buy the DLC. It's especially bad for those with data caps or sluggish internet.

#47 Posted by TwistedShade (3151 posts) -

Lol reading all the jealous cows downplaying the game is hilarious.

This situation is stupid, but I'll be getting the Season Pass since the game was awesome.

#48 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2869 posts) -

13GB?!? Damn that is ridiculous

#49 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

Nice gif...lulz

#50 Edited by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

Dead Rising 3 has received a big fat 13GB title update today, laying the groundwork for tomorrow's 'Operation Broken Eagle' DLC, the first of four 'Untold Stories of Los Perdidos', available as a standalone download or as part of the game's Season Pass.

The title update also addresses a whole range of issues, as detailed by Dead Rising 3 Executive Producer Josh Bridge. "We know folks had some frustration when they couldn’t pick up the weapon or food item they wanted if there was a bunch of stuff grouped together. Since there’s always a ton of stuff around in Dead Rising 3, we found some use cases and reached out to some fans and we improved that in this update, which is really cool," Bridge explained.

"Beyond that, we’ve got some more telemetry and found there were some issues with blueprints and PP-related achievements and trials. They weren’t unlocking properly depending on the order in which they were played, whether it was online or offline, so we addressed those. We also looked at various performance improvements. In this type of big open-world game with tons of zombies and the ability to do whatever you want to do, like stacking a bunch of things and blowing them up, we knew we had to improve on those high points and tighten the gameplay experience. Finally, there were some stability issues that we dealt with to make everything that much smoother."

There's also support for Xbox One's impulse triggers as part of the update, adding to certain aspects of the game. "So, as you start to near the end of the clip, that right trigger will start buzzing to make you aware that it’s about to run out. We did that across weapons as well as vehicles," said Bridge. "If for some reason you can’t tell from the smoke and flames coming out of your vehicle, you’ll also be given that haptic feedback in case you don’t have time to look at the HUD or whatever. You can really feel more connected to the experience so as not to pull you out of the immersion."

As for the Operation Broken Eagle DLC available from tomorrow, Bridge shed some light on the new weapons and vehicles you'll be able to play with. "In Operation Broken Eagle you’re going in with a big military point of view and deadly weapons, including this awesome chaingun that just rips apart the zombies. We really tried to focus on telling a single-player story with this experience and all of the cool things you get with the episode, including the weapons and items and vehicles, can be used in the Dead Rising 3 main storyline and in co-op as well."

While you'll be able to use the new items, weapons and vehicles in Dead Rising 3 co-op, you won't be able to play the DLC itself in co-op, due to its focus on telling a single-player story. That goes for all four DLC episodes.

"No, there’s no co-op for each of the four episodes. We chose to do that so we could really drill down on a single-player experience and really tell that character’s story," Bridge elaborated. "We see and know that everyone really loves co-op, which is why all of those weapons and vehicles and stuff you get in the episode can be brought into the main game for co-op as well. So, say, in Nightmare mode, you can go into the weapons locker and vehicle garage and find that stuff there."

In other Dead Rising 3 news, the Xbox News Wire notes that players have killed more than 16 billion zombies since the game launched in November, across over 14 million hours of gameplay. Expect those numbers to rise when Operation Broken Eagle launches tomorrow for Dead Rising 3. It'll cost £7.99, or you can get it as part of the Season Pass for £23.99. Check out some new screens below, as well as a look at the new tank vehicle