What series next? Whose turn is it to be the milking cow next?

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

We all know how other series like Tony Hawk and Mario are seeing lots of titles all under a same character....

at least, Square Enix knows its own good by milking famous titles they make and at least create some amazing story around it. Anyone can say FFVII is being milked dry, but no one can deny that each single FFVII spin-off there is has some decent story to it.

So... we know FFXIII is next. Dragon Quest is also seeing its fill of own spin-offs too, maybe more soon. KH is starting to live its curse too.

Who'll be next? Valkyrie Profile? Some new title "The Last Remnant", "The World Ends with You", etc?

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Chrono game.
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
yeah, me too :)
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
i wouldnt mind seeing A chroni game, seeing as it has never made it to the EU
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Maybe they'll finally remake Chrono Trigger. ( that would be..great )
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
I think that overall the Final Fantasy franchise is the most milked in the industry, but the fact is that the games are fun to play so I don't think that milking FF is actually a bad thing. Although I ish they ould focus on some of there other franchises a little more like Front Mission, Chrono, Valkyrie Profile, etc. Maybe do more original games. The Last Rememant looks promising.
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johngebreadman

I searched Final fantasy, mario, sonic, fifa and star wars in the search bar on the GS homepage.

final fantasy results: 101

mario: 204

sonic:203

star wars: 226

fifa: 135.

So maybe final fantasy isnt the milking horse that everyone thinks it is? Just putting it into perspective, there are some series that just rely on a face and a name of one character to sell games, whereas final fantasy have lots of different storylines and characters. and may i add that in fifteen minutes of A FF game you probably get more story than all 204 mario games put together.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

WoW~ great "facts" there john...

thing is, there are plenty of other FF games that have not made it into GS' library. Common ones are Itadaki and DQ spin offs, TV anime and novels made in the FF name are also existant. It does adds up to hundreds when comparing DQ+FF with Mario.

Note: I'm putting DQ and FF together in this comparison.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johngebreadman
I never used the word fact, and i am sure that there are a lot more other areas that ff is milked. I.E. the anime unlimited, the OSTS, the toys and the drinks (potions). All I am saying is that JUST in the game department there are some series that are also being milked. Of course FF is being milked but when you look at it like this it isnt as much