kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

Square Enix is depending too much on Nomura.

That's what i think. There's NOT one single FF-related title currently that does not bear Nomura's name. Or rather, Tetsuya Nomura's full name.

Even KH's titles are put on hold because Nomura is too busy on 13 and Vs13. And there was once where Nojima said that until producers free up their time, FF7 remake won't see the light of day. I'm not saying there's a lack of titles coming up because of over-dependency on Nomura.

I'm just worried that we'll be seeing total unoriginality in time to come. We're already seeing character designs that are similar to one another in where Nomura's contributions are apparent. Will gameplay be next? Or story? Or... what?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
IF I had my way. Nomura woudl never touch another FF project ever again
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#3 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
I think Noruma will still continue doing charcters designs for Final Fantasy and the KH series (Will there be a KH3?). I only heard that FF VS 13 was sorta Noruma last big Final Fantasy game he'll be probably be making. I think that there will be a remake on FF7, I missed out on the PS1 version hope it does come on PS3.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
I like Tetsuya Nomura, but Yoshinori Kitase is my man! :P I wish Nomura would just stick being a character designer... yeah, i like his style :P).
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kinetic-core

ya ya! Finally, a Kitase fan :roll: He's quite the unsung hero. Producers for so many good FF games, and CHRONO TRIGGER!! :D

i really like Yoshida's 12 designs though, i don't know why people just hate them. It's more in-depth than other char designs by nomura. Ashe is a pretty good example. Mixing french and asian features is not easy, ya? and to product such good results, kitase is really great.

hmm... i wonder how amano would do for a 3-D CG character... he wasn't given much chance to show-off his talent in this aspect ya?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fs_metal
I like Yoshida as well. He has a very beautiful and realistic style. I love it. Amano is my favorite though. HE is a genius
mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 mfouad
Member since 2005 • 1636 Posts

IF I had my way. Nomura woudl never touch another FF project ever againfs_metal

u r right!!!!!:P

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
I liked Kitase a lot. I dont know a lot about the politics with who does what, but i do find the facxt that nearly every lead now has spikeyt hair and seems to be based on the same model annoying. I once called vaan tidus while playing XII
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kinetic-core
Vaan was designed by Yoshida, and Tidus was done by Nomura. :? The spikey ones are Cloud, Tidus and the FFXIII girl :roll: geez... they all look the SAME!
mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mfouad

who designed cloud???????

mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mfouad

i get it nomura design cloud!!!!!!:P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fs_metal

i get it nomura design cloud!!!!!!:P

mfouad
Yeah. Generic anime characters. That's all he does. Snooze
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts
I thought I heard that Nomura will no longer be working on FF titles after the 13s... and that he would focus solely on KH games...
mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mfouad

no no!!!

he will be working for square enix means for FF and KH in future!!!

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fs_metal
I thought I heard that Nomura will no longer be working on FF titles after the 13s... and that he would focus solely on KH games...crushgoil
We can only hope
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

[QUOTE="crushgoil"]I thought I heard that Nomura will no longer be working on FF titles after the 13s... and that he would focus solely on KH games...fs_metal
We can only hope

I did read an interview with him quite a while back that said after FF13 and Versus 13 he would no longer be working on Final Fantasy titles in order to focus all of his attention on the KH series, KH3 in particular.

Who knows whether it still stands true though.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johngebreadman
I thought KH3 wasnt announced yet! Thats some good news! Unless you are FS_Metal
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fs_metal
You thoguth right. IT isn't announced yet
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
Well hasn't Square-Enix put him in charge of everything Final Fantasy?
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fs_metal
FFXII atleast...unfortunately
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fs_metal
FFXIII atleast...unfortunately
Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]IF I had my way. Nomura woudl never touch another FF project ever againmfouad

u r right!!!!!:P

Id just fire Nomura period-he keeps rehashing the same designs XD. But your idea is a good start

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fs_metal
I try to tell people that and no one ever believes me. I think it is painfully obvious
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fantasy_Gamer
That's why I do not really "specially" like the design of characters in FFXII. :P
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fs_metal
The designs in FFXII are acutally good dude
mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mfouad

The designs in FFXII are acutally good dudefs_metal

not good that's great!!:P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fs_metal
Wait what?
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fantasy_Gamer

The designs in FFXII are acutally good dudefs_metal

You're actually eating your own words now that you are already tired with Nomura's design, and therefore he should be prevented from touching any FF ever again.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]The designs in FFXII are acutally good dudeFantasy_Gamer

You're actually eating your own words now that you are already tired with Nomura's design, and therefore he should be prevented from touching any FF ever again.

Nomuras designs are not good. They never have been. They never will be.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
I like his design in the World Ends With You(and KH series). It also blend nicely with the J-pop music IMO.
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

I think Nomura's designs are fine. They are a lot better than many anime artists out there that's for sure. Many of his designs have started to look similar though, but we can't really say if its because of lack of imagination or if SE is asking him for that. After all, it was the FFXIII team that asked for a female Cloud.

I must admit that Yoshida's work on XII was superb though, specially Balthier's design. Regardless of how I felt about FFXII as a whole, the art direction and character design was exquisite.

As far as Nomura is concerned, he is the overall coordinator of the Compilation of FFVII and supposedly the FFXIII games will be his last FF's games, though I doubt he will stop being involved with them in a way or another.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fs_metal
I like his design in the World Ends With You(and KH series). It also blend nicely with the J-pop music IMO.Wanderer5
The main character of The World Ends With You freakin looks like he ran out of ideas so he redrew Sora
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fs_metal

I think Nomura's designs are fine. They are a lot better than many anime artists out there that's for sure. Many of his designs have started to look similar though, but we can't really say if its because of lack of imagination or if SE is asking him for that. After all, it was the FFXIII team that asked for a female Cloud.

I must admit that Yoshida's work on XII was superb though, specially Balthier's design. Regardless of how I felt about FFXII as a whole, the art direction and character design was exquisite.

As far as Nomura is concerned, he is the overall coordinator of the Compilation of FFVII and supposedly the FFXIII games will be his last FF's games, though I doubt he will stop being involved with them in a way or another.

C-Himura
As much as I love Yoshida's work (and it is fantastic) my favorite has to be Amano. Hios stype is so unique and he has such great use of color in it. His work drips with atmosphere and emotion.
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 johngebreadman
[QUOTE="C-Himura"]

fs_metal

As much as I love Yoshida's work (and it is fantastic) my favorite has to be Amano. Hios stype is so unique and he has such great use of color in it. His work drips with atmosphere and emotion.

I see what you mean,. I didnt know anythign about amano until yesterday when i watched some final fantasy reetrospectives on gametrailers.com and his drawings are simply sublime. i have never seen any better drawings. And idus just looked like a 3D version of cloud. I think that his work for KH was good, but i would like him to stay away from ff from now on, apart from FFVII saga which he kinda needs to be a part of because he created the character desins in the first place

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]I like his design in the World Ends With You(and KH series). It also blend nicely with the J-pop music IMO.fs_metal
The main character of The World Ends With You freakin looks like he ran out of ideas so he redrew Sora

I still like the design. I love Anime type artstyles.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 C-Himura
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="C-Himura"]

johngebreadman

I see what you mean,. I didnt know anythign about amano until yesterday when i watched some final fantasy reetrospectives on gametrailers.com and his drawings are simply sublime. i have never seen any better drawings. And idus just looked like a 3D version of cloud. I think that his work for KH was good, but i would like him to stay away from ff from now on, apart from FFVII saga which he kinda needs to be a part of because he created the character desins in the first place

Amano's work is really out of this world. He has great renderings.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kinetic-core

Nomura's designs are good. But not original. Well, it would have been original 10 years ago, but not now. It just seems like he's running out of ideas.

Oh well, maybe all great designers have a "life-span". Even Uematsu was a legendary composer, but he'll only remain as a legendary composer. We won't see anything new from him, his era is over, i guess.

mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mfouad

Nomura's designs are good. But not original. Well, it would have been original 10 years ago, but not now. It just seems like he's running out of ideas.

Oh well, maybe all great designers have a "life-span". Even Uematsu was a legendary composer, but he'll only remain as a legendary composer. We won't see anything new from him, his era is over, i guess.

kinetic-core

agreed with u buddy!!!:)

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fs_metal

kinetic-core
*ahem* Lost Odyssey
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kinetic-core

mind you dearest fs...

I can't even compare LO with the older games that guy has worked on... -_- Sure, they're nice too. But it's no longer what i call "fresh". It's just the same old thing he had always been doing. And since it is the 'same old thing' that he has been doing, there's no doubt that it is good. Things he produced are always good.

But it lacks the "new" aspect.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fs_metal
It's lacking the new aspect is probably why they chose somene else to do the FFXII soundtrack. It worked well though. Sakimoto is a genius. Even so, what I have heard of hte Lost Odyssey soundtrack is quite good
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#42 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
[QUOTE="kinetic-core"]

fs_metal

*ahem* Lost Odyssey

Dang, you beat me to it. :cry:

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kinetic-core

eeek~ Dr Awesome! I'm seeing familiar faces around here. :?

Anyway, no Mr Awesome, sorry, i meant DRawesome, i've already said my piece about LO's soundtrack. It was just so-so for me. Uematsu's era is over~

Sakimoto, Hamauzu, Ishimoto... whoever, whatever, i don't think i'll ever want Uematsu on any game anymore. Not that he would care about SE from now onwards . :P lol

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 johngebreadman

I dont mind who makes the music as even though the styles are different I have loved all the music from FFXII Ato FFVII, to FFTWOTL, to FFX, and all the composers do well. So as long as SE continue to pick composers who are as good im not fussed. And I hope that Sakimoto does FFXIII (I dont iknow who is doing it) as i ould like to hear some more from him

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 C-Himura
I personally liked Masashi Hamauzu's work. He was one of the composers in FFX and he composed the music for Dirge of Cerberus. The composer for Crisis Core also did a fantastic job.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kinetic-core

I personally liked Masashi Hamauzu's work. He was one of the composers in FFX and he composed the music for Dirge of Cerberus. The composer for Crisis Core also did a fantastic job.C-Himura

YES YES!! FINALLY !! Someone who does appreciate Hamauzu's work in Dirge of Cerberus. If the gameplay for DoC was better, i'm sure he would gain much more recognition. I'm SOOOOO looking forward to his work in FF13 !!

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fs_metal
I didn;t find the music in that one memorable
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 C-Himura

I didn;t find the music in that one memorablefs_metal

I wouldn't call the entire soundtrack memorable, but he did a wonderful job with the moody and sentimental pieces, which fall right in place with Vincent's story. And the rest of the soundtrack is really quite good and fitting for the most part.

Is just like with any of Uematsu's compositions for the main series, few actual themes for each game are memorable, but the soundtrack as a whole is quite good and fitting.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fs_metal
I think aloto f Nomuras tracks from IV-VI are highly memorable as wel las some stuff rom I
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 johngebreadman

[QUOTE="C-Himura"]I personally liked Masashi Hamauzu's work. He was one of the composers in FFX and he composed the music for Dirge of Cerberus. The composer for Crisis Core also did a fantastic job.kinetic-core

YES YES!! FINALLY !! Someone who does appreciate Hamauzu's work in Dirge of Cerberus. If the gameplay for DoC was better, i'm sure he would gain much more recognition. I'm SOOOOO looking forward to his work in FF13 !!

what other games has he worked on? I havent played DOC and would like to hear some of his stuff before XIII comes out?