Do you think Square-Enix will treat X-box360 owners fairly?

Odin75789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Odin75789
Member since 2004 • 2727 Posts

After seeing that they did Nintendo wrong with a half-hearted game like Crystal Chronicals, I either one see them going the same direction for Microsoft, or two(a fat-chance), giving them e original titles like they give Sony. Either way I feel would be bad, I would hate to see another mediocre game from them, but dont want to see a FF or DQ game in the mainstream series on the console. It would make me feel as if they betrayed Sony. Although, making more online games for the system would be a great prospect. Or perhaps unique titles featuring offline and online play.

But anyways, whats your take? I like that Microsoft is almost begging for everyones backing and I see some actual great games for the console in the future.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

I really can't answer that but only time will tell

svchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 svchaos
Member since 2005 • 3374 Posts
well if there releasing FFXI for Xbox360 they just might i play FFXI and it great i just hope they dont stop withFFXI i hope they come out with more than just FFXI (i think i said the title too much :P)
Odin75789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Odin75789
Member since 2004 • 2727 Posts
well if there releasing FFXI for Xbox360 they just might i play FFXI and it great i just hope they dont stop withFFXI i hope they come out with more than just FFXI (i think i said the title too much :P)svchaos
Yeah I would say four times in a run-on sentence would be to many times....JK. But when they said that X-box live would be free for basic membership I was like hell yes!!!(Also reminded me of GameSpots membership options) That world they showed as a rendering was pretty though, did anyone else notice the piano music? Sounded to me like a track from FFX, though I can't prove it cause I no longer have the game...
Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nimroc
Member since 2004 • 6052 Posts
I hope they don't because I don't want to have to buy the New Xbox :P
Sith_Fisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Sith_Fisto
Member since 2005 • 11074 Posts

I hope they don't because I don't want to have to buy the New Xbox :PNimroc

I don't want that either, 'cos we future PS3-owners need something just for us, :P

Jalapenos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jalapenos
Member since 2003 • 1597 Posts

Let's hope not.

Sith_Fisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Sith_Fisto
Member since 2005 • 11074 Posts
Do I smell a hint of X-Box hostility amongst us, ;)
iam_the_ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iam_the_ONE
Member since 2005 • 1957 Posts

[QUOTE="Nimroc"]I hope they don't because I don't want to have to buy the New Xbox :PSith_Fisto

I don't want that either, 'cos we future PS3-owners need something just for us, :P

yea
Avatar image for tsubasachronics
tsubasachronics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tsubasachronics
Member since 2005 • 438 Posts
[QUOTE="Sith_Fisto"]

[QUOTE="Nimroc"]I hope they don't because I don't want to have to buy the New Xbox :Piam_the_ONE

yea

ahahah.......right i think so too
iam_the_ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iam_the_ONE
Member since 2005 • 1957 Posts

[QUOTE="Nimroc"]I hope they don't because I don't want to have to buy the New Xbox :PSith_Fisto

i got it we need a FFworld where you see everybody from the final fantasy games
like a group with cloud,squall,zidane,and tidus or something like that
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981
deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981
Member since 2005 • 3113 Posts

I think all this Square-Enix going multi-platform has been blown out of proportion lately. All Squares president said was that it was a possibility that they would nothing, nothing less. Now that could mean that they could, but it in no way means that they will. Not to mention that in a article I read on 1up.com(I will try to find it) a representative from Square did say that they have no plans to release the main FF series on more then one system. Except XI of course, but I myself don't consider that in the main FF series.

Here the link.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3142692

So to answer the threads question No I don't.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nimroc
Member since 2004 • 6052 Posts

Do I smell a hint of X-Box hostility amongst us, ;)Sith_Fisto

Yes you probably do :twisted:

Cavino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cavino
Member since 2003 • 283 Posts

Do I smell a hint of X-Box hostility amongst us, ;)Sith_Fisto

Not hostility, just selfish and gloating rights. Nothing against X-Box really.

Just want to keep everything to ourselves (future PS3 owners) so we can gloat to other consoles that although we might have same range of quality machines (PS3, XBox 360, etc), nothing beats the number of high-quality games for us PS owners.

shoots18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 shoots18
Member since 2003 • 7419 Posts
I doubt it. Hopefully they'll stick to the PS3. Thats nothing against the 360, I want one actually. I just don' t think they will make their games multiplatform like that. FFXI is different because Xbox has a great multiplayer online system already set up, so it was beneficial for them to change it to run on that.
were-woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 were-woman
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts
Well I know this tread hasn't been written on in quite a while, but Lost Odyssey is now out for the 360, and it's actually fabtastic! I personally don't want to get a PS3 because of it's setbacks and I find Lost Odyssey to be great in place of a real FF game. I hope they make more out of the ordinary games like it. And don't be hostile to the 360 - it's great I think and has less faults with it than the PS3. That's what I think anyway. luffles :D
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
I agree with you that Lost Odyssey is an exciting new chapter in the 360 RPG world. However, it is not a SEE title, even though Mistwalker is headed by Hironobu Sakaguchi, who created the FF Series. (being the main reason why you might see some similarities, I would imagine :))
Shygirlfrumfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Shygirlfrumfl
Member since 2007 • 962 Posts
I dont think they will.After all they hardly make games for the xbox.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts
I thought the xbox 360 has more setbacks to be worried about than the ps3 >_> technically (argh, i just want a wii) Seriously... how is lost oddysey "GREAT!!!" ? In no way would i even compare it to a Final Fantasy. FF is always innovative about its battle systems and gameplay. LO's gameplay and battlesystem turned me off :| If LO is to be compared to a normal turn-based RPG, it definitely has a great story and other features. Other than that, the only fact that links LO with FF is only the "Sakaguchi" name, not the game itself. Comparison is not even eligible in this case.
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SymonDezyn

I thought the xbox 360 has more setbacks to be worried about than the ps3 >_> technically (argh, i just want a wii) Seriously... how is lost oddysey "GREAT!!!" ? In no way would i even compare it to a Final Fantasy. FF is always innovative about its battle systems and gameplay. LO's gameplay and battlesystem turned me off :| If LO is to be compared to a normal turn-based RPG, it definitely has a great story and other features. Other than that, the only fact that links LO with FF is only the "Sakaguchi" name, not the game itself. Comparison is not even eligible in this case. kinetic-core

Perhaps not on an in-depth scale, but on the superficial level, another similarity is that they look very much alike. LO doesn't claim to be a new reincarnation of FF, but I think the fact that it is made by Mistwalker and has similar features doesn't hurt its "sellablility"; especially for those of us who are DYING for more good RPGs for the 360.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kinetic-core
yeah... the 360 seriously needs more good stories. The reason i had to get rid of my xbox (not the 360) was the game selection :roll: It was all violent and shallow in my impression -_- I guess, it's because i just love JRPGs more than anything else.
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SymonDezyn

yeah... the 360 seriously needs more good stories. The reason i had to get rid of my xbox (not the 360) was the game selection :roll: It was all violent and shallow in my impression -_- I guess, it's because i just love JRPGs more than anything else.kinetic-core

that's why i never got an original XBox - it was PS2 all the way for me - but i got a 360 because now, i think they're starting to smarten up and reaiize that not all the gaming population like playing Halo and Call of Duty - lol :)

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
To quote one of my idols. " The Xbox 360 is nothing more than an Xbox 1.5". So far Mister Kutaragi was right, the 360 has done very little that the original Xbox couldn't do. Where as the PS3 is leaps and bounds superior than the PS2 and the Wii.......Gamecube.......original xbox.......xbox 360..and most pc's.
Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts
To quote one of my idols. " The Xbox 360 is nothing more than an Xbox 1.5". So far Mister Kutaragi was right, the 360 has done very little that the original Xbox couldn't do. Where as the PS3 is leaps and bounds superior than the PS2 and the Wii.......Gamecube.......original xbox.......xbox 360..and most pc's.Sony_FanBoy

Um wow...and Mister Kutaragi left Sony because he went a little crazy. Also have you PLAYED on a 360? I had both an Xbox and a Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 has done PLENTY that the Xbox couldnt do. and graphically its held up against the PS3 and in some cases-BEAT the PS3. I dont hate the PS3 at all, I love it. I own all three consoles and I can tell you now that the 360 is far better than you give it credit for.

Also on topic-I think SE will give X360 owners some games but still focus mainly on the Wii and PS3, which isnt like the 360 gets NOTHING since it has Namco Bandai and Mistwalker giving them games.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kinetic-core

The 360 was able to go up a few notches above the original xbox! What with all those great online features, etc. And Msoft got smarter by liasing with other big names like how Nintendo and Sony had done in the past.

Graphics of the 360 can beat the ps3 because those particular games were ported on the ps3, not ported on the xbox. Meaning, those games were built with the 360's technology in mind, and there's no way it could fit into the ps3 perfectly. Say, i don't think a 360 can even hold content with ps3's graphics level, simply because the PS3 is stronger techonologically. In other words, there's no chance a ps3-exclusive can even be ported onto a 360 disc (multiple discs maybe), it just doesn't have the capacity and technology, unless (please Msoft) blu-ray is used.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

This thread is starting to sound a lot like System Wars. :P

Frankly, I don't really expect Square Enix to support 360 because of how poor the JRPGs seem to fair on the system. Even with Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, the 360 still hasn't found much of an audience in Japan. And neither titles were exactly top sellers in America either. I'm not saying a square-enix title wouldn't preform well, but I think the performance of the past RPGs is enough to deter SE away from releasing many 360 titles.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kinetic-core
but SE is still moving onto its multi-platform strategy, as can be seen with a few 360 titles, like The Last Remnant, although it's not an xbox exclusive, because it'll also be on the ps3.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sony_FanBoy

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]To quote one of my idols. " The Xbox 360 is nothing more than an Xbox 1.5". So far Mister Kutaragi was right, the 360 has done very little that the original Xbox couldn't do. Where as the PS3 is leaps and bounds superior than the PS2 and the Wii.......Gamecube.......original xbox.......xbox 360..and most pc's.Cronaroth

Um wow...and Mister Kutaragi left Sony because he went a little crazy. Also have you PLAYED on a 360? I had both an Xbox and a Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 has done PLENTY that the Xbox couldnt do. and graphically its held up against the PS3 and in some cases-BEAT the PS3. I dont hate the PS3 at all, I love it. I own all three consoles and I can tell you now that the 360 is far better than you give it credit for.

Also on topic-I think SE will give X360 owners some games but still focus mainly on the Wii and PS3, which isnt like the 360 gets NOTHING since it has Namco Bandai and Mistwalker giving them games.

Yes i have played on a 360, Gear of War, Halo 3, BioShock. Those games look amazing, but Halo 3 doesn't looks worse than Gears and it came out almost a year after Gears. The fact is, most PS3 games are built from 360 tech, not PS3 tech. Look at Final Fantasy XIII, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc. You need to also realize, the online aspect of the 360, some of that stuff was promised for the original Xbox. People had to spend a couple hundred dollars more for a new system for stuff that was promised last generation. Now I'm not saying that Sony didn't do the same thing. PS2 never got the "Integrated Online service from their partnership with AOL", but at least Sony has admited that they weren't capable of doing it, but I think they have more than made up for it with the Playstation Network.

FF-Is-Awsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FF-Is-Awsome
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts

Infinite Undiscovery is coming out on 360 and its made by Square Enix and Tri Ace. So they do have one an RPG coming out on the X-Box.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kinetic-core
yup yup! Let's hope SE can cause some impact, to bring in fortune for the 360. It's doing terrible in Japan. :? Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey was supposed to liven things up, but perhaps, SE will indeed be able to do something about it. After all, SE is the most popular game-making company in Japan.
Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

The title of this made me laugh.

There is no such thing as giving a console a fair chance, Square can make games for whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.

And besides, when you cosider how much success SE has had on Sony systems, I think Sony is going to get the majority of the better games unless they do something stupid to piss SE off.

Personally I think the only reason Xbox is getting games from SE now is because SE was so desperate to get FF11 on as many systems as possible that they made a deal with microsoft that if they could put FF11 on 360, SE would make some other games for the 360. Because if SE and Microsoft really wanted to join together there is no way the 360 people would have to pay SE the full price to play FF11 online imo.

And of course until 360 sells better in Japan, there is no way SE will start making more games for the 360. Well thats my take on the current sitiuation anyways.

And im glad SE puts the majority of their games on one system, it gives us a better product in the end.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kinetic-core

SE is no doubt moving towards multi platform, but you would realize games for consoles other than Sony's and the DS, are all consisting of titles that are not "at SE's helm". In other words, they are titles that does not promise immediate or prominent success.

I would even say, even cellphones are gaining more attention from SE than the 360 or the Wii itself. SE named it under its FNC project, "going multi-platform" will be the main thing SE is moving towards and games would be developed on "mainly PS3, Handheld and mobile phones". (Quotes are from SE's press release 2 years ago)

darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
i think the fact that SE=japan, sony=japan, microsoft=america, is enough to tell that SE might keep doing stuff for the xbox, but they will never betray the playstation.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sony_FanBoy
yup yup! Let's hope SE can cause some impact, to bring in fortune for the 360. It's doing terrible in Japan. :? Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey was supposed to liven things up, but perhaps, SE will indeed be able to do something about it. After all, SE is the most popular game-making company in Japan. kinetic-core
Square-Enix has put Final Fantasy XI and all of it's expansions on the 360, but not on the PS3. So Square-Enix has already made an attempt to help the system out.
Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts

[QUOTE="kinetic-core"]yup yup! Let's hope SE can cause some impact, to bring in fortune for the 360. It's doing terrible in Japan. :? Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey was supposed to liven things up, but perhaps, SE will indeed be able to do something about it. After all, SE is the most popular game-making company in Japan. Sony_FanBoy
Square-Enix has put Final Fantasy XI and all of it's expansions on the 360, but not on the PS3. So Square-Enix has already made an attempt to help the system out.

That's because FFXI in its entirety is available for the PS2, and the PS2 FFXI is compatible with the PS3 so its not worth the work to make a PS3 version.

AceofOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AceofOpus
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
Personally I think that Square is not a company that is unwilling to branch out; however, they will be specific for each console. Look what we have now: Final Fantasy (the main series) goes to Sony, Nintendo gets Crystal Chronicles, New Tactics games, and the remakes games for its systems (FFI-FVI hopefully), and Microsoft gets...well new stuff. I think Square now sees the potential for the 360 even if its main market is over seas. Sure Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were Eh (I am gonna get them over the summer and beat them) but they are beginning to improve. I think The Last Remnant is looking real nice and I like its mature attitude; hopefully its better than the other two. With the 360 I hope Square has an outlet for its more mature products seeing as he 360 is pretty much drenched in blood game wise. Although even if they make a game more childish than Viva Pinata (with even more crazy undertones) that would be cool too. I think all I really wanted to say is I want more games for my 360 Square.
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SymonDezyn

Personally I think that Square is not a company that is unwilling to branch out; however, they will be specific for each console. Look what we have now: Final Fantasy (the main series) goes to Sony, Nintendo gets Crystal Chronicles, New Tactics games, and the remakes games for its systems (FFI-FVI hopefully), and Microsoft gets...well new stuff. I think Square now sees the potential for the 360 even if its main market is over seas. Sure Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were Eh (I am gonna get them over the summer and beat them) but they are beginning to improve. I think The Last Remnant is looking real nice and I like its mature attitude; hopefully its better than the other two. With the 360 I hope Square has an outlet for its more mature products seeing as he 360 is pretty much drenched in blood game wise. Although even if they make a game more childish than Viva Pinata (with even more crazy undertones) that would be cool too. I think all I really wanted to say is I want more games for my 360 Square.AceofOpus

That is a good point and I wholeheartedly agree with you, how (so far) they have categorized new releases for different consoles. I also agree with you that SE is smart enough to realize that there is a huge gaming market outside of Japan and that they would be foolish not to take advantage of it by making more games for the 360 (I take it then, that you will be getting Infinite Undiscovery? - i know i am! :))

As for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, DEFINITELY get them. I just picked up these exact two games this weekend and I love them so far! They are both very high caliber (as one would expect from Mistwalker) and I for one hope that if SE does make more games for the 360, that they are like these two.

AceofOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AceofOpus
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

(I take it then, that you will be getting Infinite Undiscovery? - i know i am! :))

As for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, DEFINITELY get them. I just picked up these exact two games this weekend and I love them so far! They are both very high caliber (as one would expect from Mistwalker) and I for one hope that if SE does make more games for the 360, that they are like these two.

SymonDezyn

With a name like that (Infinite Undiscovery) and well the sliver of info I have scrounged up I can't really judge it fairly, but more likely than not I will buy it.

As for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey I will be getting them this summer when I can gather some funds. They are actually the first on my list to buy as I need more RPGs for my collection.

To further my point I would like to say that as long as Square can pump out a few games (one or two goods ones, they don't have to be exclusive) for the 360 they will have done their part. However, if Square wishes to make only exclusive games for the 360 and they turn out to be major hits, not only would there be more call for 360s in Japan but also they would release more of their Japanese exclusives with foreign audiences.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sony_FanBoy

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"]yup yup! Let's hope SE can cause some impact, to bring in fortune for the 360. It's doing terrible in Japan. :? Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey was supposed to liven things up, but perhaps, SE will indeed be able to do something about it. After all, SE is the most popular game-making company in Japan. Cronaroth

That's because FFXI in its entirety is available for the PS2, and the PS2 FFXI is compatible with the PS3 so its not worth the work to make a PS3 version.

Not if you have the 40gig, also I'm sure that PS3 owners would want better graphics than the PS2 version could offer. Of coarse, I think that Square-Enix should just launch a new MMO. Leave FFXI behind. It shouldn't have even been given a "main" final fantasy title.