Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Doerevolt
Member since 2019 • 41 Posts
@Lightening411 said:

They need to bring back elements from the Attitude Era.

that is the main problem for WWE is they are copying shit all over again they need to bring something new to the table that will blow everyone mind.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

It just doesn't feel the same anymore.

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Their ratings have been sinking for 15 years. They stopped building stars to draw viewers/attendance and instead relied on the "brand" itself to be the draw.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

WWE went downhill after WCW went off air. That was almost 20 years ago.

Attitude era was the best era for WWE. WCW was even better than WWE.

WWE just sucks now. It is way too boring. That's what happens when you have no competition. There is no reason to improve.

All the improvements in phones, TV's, consoles, etc, we've seen, have only happened because of different companies offering a similar product and competing for customers' attention. Competition forces improvement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Necroposting, but yeah, a year ago I decided to stop watching.

I was on and off hating on it real bad all the time, but some ex-wrestler said if you really hate product stop watching. Plenty people said this, but I just listened, I stopped watching Elite, ROH, WWE, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#56 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

New record low!!!

• 8 p.m. 2.34 million viewers
  • 9 p.m. 2.24 million viewers
  • 10 p.m. 1.90 million viewers

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@warmblur said:

New record low!!!

The leadership is either unwilling or unable to change and when that is the case, it doesn't deserve good ratings. IMO McMahon's ego is falsely inflated with the belief that he did something monumental in the wrestling world and that is keeping him around today. Almost forty years of running/owning the WWF/E and the best ideas you can think of are a woman's main even at Wrestlemania, three hours of garbage, quantity over quality, etc..,?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Solaryellow said:
@warmblur said:

New record low!!!

The leadership is either unwilling or unable to change and when that is the case, it doesn't deserve good ratings. IMO McMahon's ego is falsely inflated with the belief that he did something monumental in the wrestling world and that is keeping him around today. Almost forty years of running/owning the WWF/E and the best ideas you can think of are a woman's main even at Wrestlemania, three hours of garbage, quantity over quality, etc..,?

Yep, WWE is trash these days no storylines no real stars it's just a company for indie marks kicks and flips get boring great characters and good storylines keep viewers returning but WWE doesn't know how to make stars anymore the product is a hokey embarrassment.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Wrestling is terrible. I haven't watched in nearly 20 years.

I guess the girl power think isn't working for them?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Solaryellow

@warmblur said:
@Solaryellow said:

Yep, WWE is trash these days no storylines no real stars it's just a company for indie marks kicks and flips get boring great characters and good storylines keep viewers returning but WWE doesn't know how to make stars anymore the product is a hokey embarrassment.

If it wasn't for wrestlelamia, a yahoo newsgroup from twenty years ago that sends an emailed news letter and a few other outlets I wouldn't know what is going on with the wwe. As a matter of fact, I can't even tell you what network airs Raw and Smackdown. The lack of kayfabe has, IMO, been extremely harmful for the product. Years ago if a wrestler was jammed up, injured, etc.., and couldn't "defend" the belt in 30 days someone else took it which leads me to look at Lesnar. If he was as big of a draw as he was, I'd expect him to show up more often but not to the point of saturation. He's not Andre the Giant. He showed up as often as Halley's Comet yet had a belt forever or so it seemed.

The old man needs to relinquish the reigns to people who can think outside of the box by giving fans what they want rather than what he demands they want.

fiziwee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 fiziwee
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

Yeah it has gone too boring and too PG-13

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I feel like at the turn of the century they changed writers and the show tanked from there.

The attitude era of the WWF was great! They need to pick up storylines like that again and maybe I'll tune back in.

Hit the nail on the head.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

I'm hoping AEW destroys them in the ratings this Fall I don't consider myself a AEW fanboy. But the thing I respect about the company is that they give the wrestlers more creative freedom and no scripted promos. You have younger people running it so that might make a huge change that is needed in wrestling these days fresh ideas no 50/50 booking and hopefully a more edgy product and less hokey.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Solaryellow

Right off the bat, AEW needs to be the anti-wwe in that it doesn't put all of its eggs in the basket of a past-his-prime OR a part-time wrestler who doesn't draw. IMO what the organization should do is watch film of the WWF, JCP, Mid-South, WCCW, etc.., during the time of the territories and when you hit about 1987 ish up until now, don't do what the WWF did because it won't work today even though VKM seems to think so. People want wrestling rather than a product that is 75 or 80 percent theatrics with very little wrestling.

This week's RAW went almost an hour before a match and apparently it was a squash at that. That's ridiculous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

I been feeling nostalgic lately for the Attitude era and saw this video. It's just insane how popular wrestling was back then WWE can barely sell out arenas anymore because the product is such trash but man this entrance gives me goosebumps you can feel the excitement in the building it's amazing all those signs!! Jerry Lawler says it best in this video "it feels like a earthquake in Canada".

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

WWE Q3 Financials: WWE Raw & Smackdown Viewership Down From Q3 2018.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-q3-financials-wwe-raw-smackdown-viewership-down-from-q3-2018/

That's some good shit pal!!!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

As of now, AEW brand is now the new WWE Attitude we all needed and look at the ratings. Best part about AEW is that they aren't competing with WWE, do your own thing and that's what doomed TNA, they were WWE wannabes and look how AEW is going.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@davillain- said:

As of now, AEW brand is now the new WWE Attitude we all needed and look at the ratings. Best part about AEW is that they aren't competing with WWE, do your own thing and that's what doomed TNA, they were WWE wannabes and look how AEW is going.

AEW has been killing it that's sure it's been fun for the the last two years seeing the company grow.

Dead2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Dead2009
Member since 2021 • 32 Posts

@davillain- said:

AEW isnt competing with WWE? Someone tell Tony Khan that because he literally talked about beating Smackdown with Rampage a few weeks ago.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 940 Posts

Wrestling is sh*t "entertainment" and new generations are realizing that

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#74 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24925 Posts

@vatususreturns said:

Wrestling is sh*t "entertainment" and new generations are realizing that

nowadays we have Netflix, HBO and other streaming services and can watch any series for entertainment.

why watch wrestling for entertainment? back in 90s there were no alternative and wrestling shows were good but now wrestling fad is gone and if people want entertainment they watch netflix series.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Solaryellow

The best wrestling was during the days when it wasn't considered "sports entertainment." In other words it wasn't the WWF/WWE products. For numerous reasons VM still believes a kid friendly product will bring in viewers when results show other wise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Solaryellow said:

The best wrestling was during the days when it wasn't considered "sports entertainment." In other words it wasn't the WWF/WWE products. For numerous reasons VM still believes a kid friendly product will bring in viewers when results show other wise.

Vince is so out of touch it's just beyond bad. I'm so glad AEW exist even though nothing will top 96-2001 of wrestling WWE is unwatchable these days.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Well it's expected. VM has been running the show forever. He should have passed things on to his son or daughter and a new team instead.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Solaryellow

@warmblur said:

Vince is so out of touch it's just beyond bad. I'm so glad AEW exist even though nothing will top 96-2001 of wrestling WWE is unwatchable these days.

He's an old man stuck in some sort of time warp. His ideas are poppycock and unoriginal. His plan is to fall back on the same old tired formula. AFAIC, while The Attitude Era was great, he ruined wrestling for a great many decades by taking over territories and stealing talent. WCCW, Portland, Mid Atlantic, AWA, South West Championship Wrestling, Stampede, Maple Leaf, etc.., ALL generally offered a better product than what the WWF offered at the time. Even during the Monday Night Wars, WCW offered the better wrestling product as southern territories did when compared with New York. The only thing the WWE/WWF did better was being flashy.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@Solaryellow said:

I tried watching AEW. its even worse. bunch of tiny people who have less build than people at local gym.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@Solaryellow said:

I tried watching AEW. its even worse. bunch of tiny people who have less build than people at local gym.

There's alot of small guys in wrestling in both promotions it's not like the old days .If you only watched wrestling for big guys you should just watch bodybuilding. For me AEW is a million times better then current WWE because it's not catered to kids and wrestlers are allowed to cut their own promos they aren't force to have a writers like the WWE they also can bleed and swear it's refreshing. Also they had one of the best storylines in years between MJF and CM Punk it reminded of the good old days. It's great having another big wrestling promotion I hope someday they have head to head competition like the Monday night wars.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Solaryellow

Smaller wrestlers, like the size of Bret Hart, tend on being the better athlete and performer than big, Frankenstein Monster type characters. Remember when Regal taught big, bad Goldberg how to wrestle and how to shoot. Look at the guys who came out of Stew Hart's dungeon. Most of them weren't the Hogan type physique but many of them could legitimately tap out supposed powerhouses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@Solaryellow said:

Smaller wrestlers, like the size of Bret Hart, tend on being the better athlete and performer than big, Frankenstein Monster type characters. Remember when Regal taught big, bad Goldberg how to wrestle and how to shoot. Look at the guys who came out of Stew Hart's dungeon. Most of them weren't the Hogan type physique but many of them could legitimately tap out supposed powerhouses.

Agree, and I remember Regal shooting in the ring on Goldberg that was great lol. I never understood the hate for small wrestlers alot of the bigger wrestlers especially from back in the day where so boring to watch their ring work sucked although not all are bad. There are some impressive big man today like Lance Archer and Malakai Black.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Watching it is hard at times when you see the same matches every week. Creative is at an all-time low there's just no compelling characters.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@Solaryellow said:

There's alot of small guys in wrestling in both promotions it's not like the old days .If you only watched wrestling for big guys you should just watch bodybuilding. For me AEW is a million times better then current WWE because it's not catered to kids and wrestlers are allowed to cut their own promos they aren't force to have a writers like the WWE they also can bleed and swear it's refreshing. Also they had one of the best storylines in years between MJF and CM Punk it reminded of the good old days. It's great having another big wrestling promotion I hope someday they have head to head competition like the Monday night wars.

WWE definitely have one big guy who is Dwayne johnson cousin Roman reigns who WWE pushing. but AEW have none of big guys. only small and smaller guys with some guys with wierd face paint lol.

both wrestling suck. AEW even more. just because it has blood dosnot mean better.

back in 90s. most of people who were star was big guys.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I thought when AEW entered the market it would push WWE to do better but I was wrong AEW just are not competition as I hoped. Both are not fun to watch and a lot of that has to be the lack of stars like there were in the 90's.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6868 Posts

Lol this thread started 6 years ago and is still going .😆

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Solaryellow

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

WWE definitely have one big guy who is Dwayne johnson cousin Roman reigns who WWE pushing. but AEW have none of big guys. only small and smaller guys with some guys with wierd face paint lol.

both wrestling suck. AEW even more. just because it has blood dosnot mean better.

AEW has a few bigger guys but more importantly it has a few excellent performers. I can't watch the WWE w/o experiencing discomfort which is why I haven't in but AEW is a step in the right direction. Being fair, I tried watching the WWE every now and again but it is the same old formula with just different players.

Some of the biggest names the WWE pushed as champion during the 90's and early 2000's were SCSA, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, Bob Backland (yes, the early 80's champion), Mick Foley, Sgt Slaughter, etc.., Even in the 2000's the WWE had smaller guys with the strap(s) but lately VKM has shown how he likes bigger wrestlers such as Lesnar, Lashley, Cena, etc.., Some of them resemble a cardboard box in terms of skill.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ghosts4ever

@Solaryellow said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

AEW has a few bigger guys but more importantly it has a few excellent performers. I can't watch the WWE w/o experiencing discomfort which is why I haven't in but AEW is a step in the right direction. Being fair, I tried watching the WWE every now and again but it is the same old formula with just different players.

Some of the biggest names the WWE pushed as champion during the 90's and early 2000's were SCSA, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, Bob Backland (yes, the early 80's champion), Mick Foley, Sgt Slaughter, etc.., Even in the 2000's the WWE had smaller guys with the strap(s) but lately VKM has shown how he likes bigger wrestlers such as Lesnar, Lashley, Cena, etc.., Some of them resemble a cardboard box in terms of skill.

Wrestling is boring I dont care about ring performer and having 20 minutes. its boring and boring.

I rather watch these scenes

Loading Video...

Stone cold, Undertaker and Rock/Dwayne johnson were most pushed guys and were star of 90s of wrestling.

all 3 were bigger guys.