Who is your favorate NBA player

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#51 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
Vince Carter, been a fan of his since he entered the league. Funny thing is, hes the complete opposite type of player that I am, Im an outside shooter while hes one of the greatest dunkers ever, maybe its because I wish I could dunk like he can that I love him so much. :D
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant! Until these other clownsmatch his dedication to the game, will to win and improve his game, athleticism, skill at inside game, mid-range, long range,good free throw shooting, one of the top assist men for his position!,over-all commitment to defense, silky smooth jumper, flare for dramatics, assassin like killer instinct....etc., it will be Kobe all the time.

Kobes always in th gym. Remeber the year he improveod his 3 pt shooting, remember the year he came out with a bank-shot, remember the year he worked on his left hand and incorporated it into his game, remember the year he bulked up....nobody asked him to do those things. He's dedicated to his craft. I don't see that in other so-called star players.Love him or hate him personality wise Kobe Bryant is the best basketball playersince Jordan.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ghost_Warrior

Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant! Until these other clownsmatch his dedication to the game, will to win and improve his game, athleticism, skill at inside game, mid-range, long range,good free throw shooting, one of the top assist men for his position!,over-all commitment to defense, silky smooth jumper, flare for dramatics, assassin like killer instinct....etc., it will be Kobe all the time.

Kobes always in th gym. Remeber the year he improveod his 3 pt shooting, remember the year he came out with a bank-shot, remember the year he worked on his left hand and incorporated it into his game, remember the year he bulked up....nobody asked him to do those things. He's dedicated to his craft. I don't see that in other so-called star players.Love him or hate him personality wise Kobe Bryant is the best basketball playersince Jordan.

mont13

Hes also been very dedicated to destroying the Lakers franchise it seems. Hes a great player no doubt, and Im not questioning his work ethic either but all the whinning needs to stop.

poe94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 poe94
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
Kobe Bryant, ever since I liked basketball. Sometimes he should just stfu and play
Evilmaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Evilmaster101
Member since 2005 • 2013 Posts
Kobe Bryant, because I live in L.A and am a Lakers fan. Oh, and the fact that he's the best b-ball player in the world right now.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mont13

"Hes also been very dedicated to destroying the Lakers franchise it seems. Hes a great player no doubt, and Im not questioning his work ethic either but all the whinning needs to stop."

How has Kobe been dedcated to destroying the Lakers??? Shaq left because of a contract dispute with management. Kobe didn't pass on J-Kidd, management did. Kobe didn't pass on Carlos Boozer, management did.Kobe didn't bring in Kwame "F-up" Brown, management did......etc.

Kobe is not going to waste his prime years waiting for management to rebuildwhen he was initially toldthey were committed to winning "now". All Kobe was doing withthe so-called whinning was trying to shake the tree andget Laker brass to get off theirA doubleS and get some talent around him. He does not want to end up like Kevin Garnett, a supreme but wasted talent in Minnesota.

bdtoole05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 bdtoole05
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts
nash, matrix, amare... obviously i'm a suns fan
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Ghost_Warrior

"Hes also been very dedicated to destroying the Lakers franchise it seems. Hes a great player no doubt, and Im not questioning his work ethic either but all the whinning needs to stop."

How has Kobe been dedcated to destroying the Lakers??? Shaq left because of a contract dispute with management. Kobe didn't pass on J-Kidd, management did. Kobe didn't pass on Carlos Boozer, management did.Kobe didn't bring in Kwame "F-up" Brown, management did......etc.

Kobe is not going to waste his prime years waiting for management to rebuildwhen he was initially toldthey were committed to winning "now". All Kobe was doing withthe so-called whinning was trying to shake the tree andget Laker brass to get off theirA doubleS and get some talent around him. He does not want to end up like Kevin Garnett, a supreme but wasted talent in Minnesota.

mont13

Contract dispute...right, Kobe was the reason Shaq left the Lakers and I don't blame him. And why would he not want Kevin Garnett on his team, hes only one of top 5 power forwards in the league. Your right, hes being wasted in Minnesota so think how much better the Lakers would be if he joined up with Kobe? He won 3 championships with Shaq and since then hes won zero, I don't care how much you don't like a guy you stick with him when hes helping you win. I play with a pretty ego-centric player on my basketball team but I put up with him because hes vital to our success.

If Kobe wanted to "shake the tree" he wouldn't go on radio and say he wanted out of LA, he would go on the radio and say, "Hey, Im committed to this team but we need help." He'd go to Garnett and say, "I want you to play for the Lakers." But he doesn't. He complains that the Lakers aren't a championship team. And yes, the management passed on Kidd but they've tried pretty hard to get Jermaine O'Neal and Garnett yet Kobe wants neither. Why? I'd take either of those guys over K-Brown anyday.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts

either Steve Nash or Reggie Evansmatrix_hiei

Are you a Nuggets fan? I don't know alot of other people who know who Evans is. Anyway, my favorite is 'Melo.

lil_smity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lil_smity
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
Big Z
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mont13

Still Kobe.

Yes, a contract dispute. The Lakers offered Shaq what they thought an aging out of shape, unmotivated center was worth. Shaq didn't think it was enough and started bad mouthing management in public, Shaq was traded. Kobe even said J. Buss told him they were not going to resign Shaq even if Kobe decided to leave. Its just fashionable to blame Kobe. If Kobe was the aging unmotivated , out of shape star he would have been traded, trust me. Kobe is not GM of the Lakers, its a business.

When didKobesay he didn't want Garnett?? I missed that one. Kobe was"helping Shaq win" too. People always sayKobe could have told management he wanted Shaq to stay, well Shaq could have done the same thing( said he will play with Kobe)...it was just a marriage that had come to a mutual end.

From what I heard Kobe did talk to Garnett.Also Kobe was committed for 3 years in L.A., all after he had been told they were not in a rebuilding mode. He saw good free agents come and go with no moves by the Lakers so that was it...time to make some major noise. I wish Garnett had said more, he's probably my 2nd favorite player, 11-12 wasted years in Minnesota.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ghost_Warrior
About Kobe saying he didn't want Garnett, I don't know exactly who he told but he told someone that it didn't matter who the Lakers brought in, he still wanted out. Thats just hard to understand. Its really his comments that are getting to me, first its "I want out," then its, "I want to stay," then its "I want out no matter what". Hes not going to get traded no matter how much he complains, theres no trade out there that would benefit the Lakers by trading away Bryant. Im glad he apologized to Mitch Kupchek though because thats a step in right direction but his other comments haven't helped the Lakers at all, its just been a distraction to the team.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mont13

Yes, I agree about Kobe's "flip-flopping" but if it had resulted in KG joining the Lakers I ain't mad at him!

Kobe wants to win badly(a good quality) and said a lot of things out of emotion. I wish Kwame and others had the same drive and commitment to excel. Kwame is a riculously bad ball player and Bynum may be something in a few yearsbut now has no clue how to use his height, especially to block shots(its all timing but he jumps right into people..) Smush is a back-up at best.Kobe is just frustrated, like MJ was with Stacey King, Granville Waiters, Brad Sellars...etc. During that time MJ complained, degraded his teammates, got his coach fired...etc., until changes were made, the rest is history.

http://truth.kb24.com/ Please read the May 29th section for what actually happened with Shaq.

On the court Kobe is a warrior and just wants guys with the same or similar determination. I thinkKobe respects Ronny Turiaf, he has more energy on the sidelines than Kwame and co in the game! When Turiaf is in the game he hustles and is very active. Players like MJ and Kobe find it hard to except less. The Lakers have to get him some help now.

People are too hard on Kobe, he has the youngest team in the NBA and last seasonseveral key players had injuries. To expectthem tocontend for atitle is crazy.

Vitalife2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Vitalife2
Member since 2006 • 212 Posts
Gotta be LeBron James. Saw him play against the Pistons in the Playoffs a while back. He was scoring nearly all the Cav's points, as he has been all season.
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts

On my favorite team would be Chris Bosh.

Rest of the teams I really like kevin Garnett,Gilbert Arenas and of course KOBE!!!!

xtermin8er93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 xtermin8er93
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts
no dout, lebron james
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts
Kirk Hinrich, Jason Williams, love for the white boys!