well,its finnaly here:next gen football.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
^ I know its like talking to a brick wall its a shame they consider madden a sim but hey let em think that its their opinion I suggest we just let the thread die so we don't have a flame war over this
Oldkingsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Oldkingsman
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
^ I know its like talking to a brick wall its a shame they consider madden a sim but hey let em think that its their opinion I suggest we just let the thread die so we don't have a flame war over thisandyboiii
Good point!That would really be silly.Good to know there are other people out there who can think for themselves though.Peace Andyboii.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#53 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

You guys don't get it. 2k has better presentation, so yes the animations and Commentary is flashier , Just cause in madden you stiff arm to get a few extra yards the guy doesn't "Drag him" doesn't mean much only visually. Thats what 2k worked on first. Madden works on the actualy game playing as close to the NFL as possible , so players will drop balls make in accurate throws more frequent. I've been watching football since i was 12 and i love the sport to death when i wanna play somthing that is closer to the pace and rules of the NFL i play madden. if i'm bored with madden i get 2k and enjoy that ever year cause it's differant, The commentary really gets me in the game and there alot of nice animations that are not in madden but it's more like NFL 2k looks more real and Madden players more real. this has been a fact since the begining of the franchises(NFL 2k1 blows Madden 2001 out the water Visually)2k has a nice fast pasted game but it is faster and way more forgiven that Madden,like if a guys open in 2k he always catches it, but NFL nerds like me get mad cause just cause your open doesn't mean 100% of the time you catch it. also the QB are to good they throw it and as long as you always do it the same way it's always a success. Football is unpredictable, and 2k to make the game more appealing to casual football fans(the ones that get made when there guy doesn't catch the ball when he's open). If you can admit both games are differant(wich is why you like one more than the other) then i'm telling you a fact

Madden Plays real and 2K series looks real and plays faster and is more forgiven than madden. 

Both games are far from perfect in terms of emulating the game down to the core. for one throwing and catching is still way to easy in the games, In any given NFL game they play 15 minuter Quarters and score  3 to 40 points  in those 60 minutes And it's really hard to pass in the NFL. to see some guys score 10 points in 5 minutes is just plain false, Gamers are not football masterminds , the games still make it easy to throw a ball(press a button) One thing if the Wii can do would be nice if you can throw a football moving the Wiimote and if the game can accuratley replicate your throw then you won't have to press a button just see your recieve and lob,bullet or toss it over his shoulder manually would be cool. 2k is still a good football game don't know why you guys getting bent out of shape cause we are stating a fact . 

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]lol madden is not superior go check out the ratings on gamespot and ign and tell me which game is more superior, NFL 2k games always got in the high 90's while madden 06 and 07 are in the low 8 range, pretty disappointing if ya ask mepeacebringer

Um ok well heres something thats gonna trip you out, out ready? Since when was Videogame reviewers NFL fans? many of them don't even watch Football, there reviewing it as a football game but if you read there reviews some of the stuff they ask for are not in the NFL, they want a mroe fun game cause there not real football fans(so they choose 2k wich is for more casual football fans) but i am a big NFL fan and most my friends are to and those people love madden . I saw a review for madden once and the guy says , "there no excuse to drop a ball being wide open" that just shows what they know about football, ask any NFL choach they will say "Dropping a ball wide open is unacceptible but it happens in the NFL remember that wide open guy in the playoffs for seatle and he droped it? remember TO dropping the ball 3 times last year wide open? it happens and that why it's in Madden. NFL 2k takes that away cause it's trying to be more flashy and exiting but it's not trying to be like Football. If you watch football then you would know anything can happen even Kicking a 64 yard fieldgoal to win the game(the Bucs last year)

If madden is more sim like and not as arcady and flashy as 2k why did it take madden so long to put in gang tackling and sideline catches if you watch real football which you say you do you see it in almost every game so why didn't madden incorporate that in there game while 2k football had that feature back in 2k4, seems to me madden tries to focus on all the other features rather then their gameplay

WOW 2 things. Madden used to have gangle tackles but they took it out when they overhauled the game engine) but anyways gang Tackles and Sidleline catches to not make the NFL what it is EA was busy on other stuff in the game not little animations like Gang tackles and sideline catches. This arguement is so silly you 2 guys really are something else.

I agree. And if you look at the "gang tackling" in 2K, it's weak at best!!! These guys are acting like the gang tackles in 2K5 are perfect and couldn't be any better. This arguement is completely pointless and it's pretty sad that Madden haters are coming into a thread that was not bashing 2K football at all... shows you how lost these guys are...Â