Tim Tebow Topic

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
Well, Sanchize got benched for McElroy, not Teblow...
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Meh... My brother told me Tebow is off the Jets but I can't find a link. Can anyone confirm?

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts

Meh... My brother told me Tebow is off the Jets but I can't find a link. Can anyone confirm?

The-Apostle
Maybe he was talking about this?
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

cell_dweller
Maybe he was talking about this?

Yeah, my brother was talking about him possibly heading to CFL, so that's probably it. What would be better for him anyway? CFL or AFL?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I think the wider fields in the CFL would not help his accuracy.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#56 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
I think the wider fields in the CFL would not help his accuracy. JML897
I watched a lot of Canadian football last year. And I can say that the CFL would be an excellent fit for Tebow. In the CFL, there aren't a lot of NFL caliber throws. There aren't a lot of times you're trying to fit the ball into a tight window. Even Tebow can hit guys who are wide open. The windup throwing motion would not hurt him. Plus, having mobility as a QB in the CFL is huge. Lot's of wide open spaces and running lanes to exploit. Tebow, like Doug Flutie, would be an excellent CFL quarterback.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I admittedly don't know sh*t about the CFL so you may be right. I guess the CFL isn't really known for having elite quarterback play in the first place so he could excel there.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 monkeytoes61
True, most successful CFL quarterbacks have had failed stints in the NFL. Henry Burris, Travis Lulay and Ricky Ray all had brief NFL careers before becoming CFL all stars and Grey Cup champions.
Avatar image for EricaSpencer777
EricaSpencer777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 EricaSpencer777
Member since 2012 • 122 Posts
Tim Tebow will not be returning to the Jets next season. The Jets will also look into trading Mark Sanchez.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 monkeytoes61
I almost feel bad for Tebow. He didn't ask for this media **** storm to follow his every move. It is going to keep teams from taking a chance on him, and that really sucks. It isn't his fault he is a polarizing player. I blame Skip Bayless for turning this into something bigger than it ever should have been.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

Tim Tebow is a winner. He should get the start, not McElroy or Sanchez.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#62 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

Tebow would not make it as even second string in the CFL unless he plays a position for which his talent is suited.

Fullback.

Tebow is a good athete and a heck of prosletyzer.:lol:

his best donation to the sports world thus far has been the South Park "Tebowing" episode:wink:

he does not have the throwing ability to be a pro Quarterback but this not news to anyone or he in consideration of the performance by both Sanchez and McElroy he would have been playing that position for the Jets long ago.

or he would have been kept on at Denver instead of traded to New York in the first place.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 monkeytoes61
Tebow would still be the starter in Denver had Peyton Manning gone elsewhere. It isn't that Tebow is bad, it is just that Manning is really good. Again, the CFL's wide open game would perfectly suit a QB with a strong arm, mobility, but poor delivery (Tebow in a nutshell).
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 monkeytoes61
Reading all of these stories about how Tebow wouldn't fit in the CFL is laughable. These clowns have probably never even watched a CFL game in their lives.They think it's just NFL football on a slightly bigger field with three downs. What a bunch of tools.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#65 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Reading all of these stories about how Tebow wouldn't fit in the CFL is laughable. These clowns have probably never even watched a CFL game in their lives.They think it's just NFL football on a slightly bigger field with three downs. What a bunch of tools.monkeytoes61
I've seen quite a few CFL games, and he would definitely dominate there. I hate Tebow and don't think he's suited for the NFL, but you're right.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Reading all of these stories about how Tebow wouldn't fit in the CFL is laughable. These clowns have probably never even watched a CFL game in their lives.They think it's just NFL football on a slightly bigger field with three downs. What a bunch of tools.GamerForca
I've seen quite a few CFL games, and he would definitely dominate there. I hate Tebow and don't think he's suited for the NFL, but you're right.

The only way he could be an effective QB here is if he gets way more accurate. With the wider field, he wouldn't be able to throw some routes, like a wide out route. And with 3 downs, having an accurate QB is a must. You can't rely on running every down. It's very pass happy. And with an extra defensive back, may make it tougher on him. He would be a very good runner, but I don't see him as an effective QB as of now. Lots of CFL media here all see the same thing Can it be done? Sure. Warren Moon, Doug Flutie and Joe Theismann are some great examples, and people said they couldn't. Sometimes they just can't adjust (Cleo Lemon, Vince Ferragamo). It would be a lot of fun to see him up here though. It's probably still a ways off...Montreal has his rights, and just locked up Calvillo.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Seems like Tebow to Jacksonville is all but completed.

I'm obligated to hate the guy (me being an FSU fan and all), but if he helps sell tickets and wins a few games in the process I'll be ok with that. He's not a good QB, but he does seem to have a propensity to win games.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50564 Posts

Seems like Tebow to Jacksonville is all but completed.

I'm obligated to hate the guy (me being an FSU fan and all), but if he helps sell tickets and wins a few games in the process I'll be ok with that. He's not a good QB, but he does seem to have a propensity to win games.

yokofox33
Yup, and sources close to him say he will never go to cfl. I wouldn't be surprised if he lands in Jacksonville
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

Cant wait for him to go to jax. The games wont be sold out which means they wont be televised and we wont have to see this snake oil salesman pose as a qb ever again.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

Cant wait for him to go to jax. The games wont be sold out which means they wont be televised and we wont have to see this snake oil salesman pose as a qb ever again.

Cloud_Insurance

What? When Tebow goes to Jax, he's going to sell a ton of tickets. Much more appeal than our quarterbacks now Gabbert and Henne. It won't be hard to top either of those quarterbacks considering that they both only got one win for us this season. Plus, Tebow grew up in Jacksonville, played highschool in Jacksonville, and went to UF which is only an hour away from Jacksonville. He has a ton fans here and he's definitely going to sell here in Jax.

I also met Tebow when he was in highschool and got he's autograph. He's highschool team was my highschool's rival. Seemed like a nice guy.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 iowastate

as a fullback and special teams player Tim Tebow could probably start for a couple teams in the CFL or even the NFL but I don't see anyone using the wildcat

which was a fad trick play that doesn't even work in the college ranks anymore.

it was an excuse for a return to using the QB as a tailback where Tebow shined since that didn't require an accurate long pass.

this thread will die out now because there is nothing new to be said and we are repeating a few things over and over.

EricaSpencer777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 EricaSpencer777
I hope Tim Tebow goes to Jacksonville. It is terrible the way things turned out for him in NY. I hope Mark Sanchez could also leave.. Only Rex Ryan could mess up the careers of two Quarterbacks
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 iowastate

Make it three - McElroy, Sanchez and Tebow

EricaSpencer777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 EricaSpencer777
McElroy is still young. There is still hope for him on another team.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 iowastate

You are correct in the assessment of McElroy. He is the only one who hasn't had at least one good shot as a starter and it isn't likely to happen in The Big Apple.

EricaSpencer777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 EricaSpencer777
I wonder what the Jets will say on Tuesday.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
I wonder what the Jets will say on Tuesday.EricaSpencer777
they'll dump/trade Tebow. which is sad, as he didn't have a chance in NY. say what you will about him, but he took a 1-3 team and finished 8-8. and won a playoff game. not saying he's amazing(obviously), but that deserves a second chance at least.
EricaSpencer777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 EricaSpencer777
I rather hear about Tim Tebow than Rex Ryan's tattoo Only the New York Daily News would put a picture of it on the front page.