So NOW who is the best QB in the NFL --- POLL !

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts

Now that Manning has a ring and has beat Brady who is the best? Brady has 2 more rings, but we all know those rings were total team/coaching wins. Its not like Brady would have had those rings if he played on the Raiders. And Mannings stats are vastly better.

I say its not close Manning >>>>>> Brady. And I'm a Niners fan so I could care less about AFC teams.

Look at the Stats

Manning - 9 years played, has never missed a practice.

- 94.4 QB Rating, 4176 Average passing yards per season, 30.5 Passing TD;s a year, 15 INTs per year, 1 Title

Brady - 6 Seasons (did have 1 pass in '00 not gonna count that in averages)

- 88.4 QB rating, 3594 average passing yards per season, 24.5 Passing TD's a year, 13 INTs per year, 3 Titles.

Edit: If you choose "other" please post who you think.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Manning. The "Brady can win when it counts, Peyton can't" argument is now over. Manning, most definitely.
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
this is going to end up being New Englanders and Patriots fans....versus the rest of the fans of the NFL.... everybody knows that Peyton Manning is a better QB skills wise......he has more talent and now that he won a superbowl you cant use the he cant win arguement... tom brady is a great...but hes not as good as Peyton Manning....everybody else can accept that other than patriots fans... today i was listening to sports radio over here in Boston...the radio host said the reason the colts won the game was because Peyton Manning changed his entire game and went in the game trying to emulate (copy) Tom Brady.....these people around here are delusional....
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

Peyton EASILY :)

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
Manning has better skills.
Brady knows how to win.
fenix1022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 275

#6 fenix1022
Member since 2003 • 785 Posts
I think it is really tough.  Manning has overall had better stats as a QB, but Brady has been better in the clutch and has won 2 more Superbowls.  I think that Brady is still the better QB since he gets it done without having the weapons of Harrison and Wayne.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

Brady

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I'll pick Manning, but it is really six of one or half a dozen of the other between Brady and Manning.

Take a good team and if you put Brady or Manning on that team the team is improved by the same amount. The differences are inconsequential IMO.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts

Well Peyton has the stats and a ring however Tom Brady has some pretty decent stats to but there not as good as Mannings so really though there both great quarterbacks they've done a lot since they entered the league theres no one better then them in my opinion.  I have respect for both quarterbacks but if your just going to vote against Brady or Manning because you hate one of them then you probably shouldnt even bother.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Brady, people are forgetting that the Pats lost their 2 best WR's Branch and Givens. Anyways I'd go with Brady.

badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
Tom Brady

ummm oh did you manage add offensive weapons to your average? i didn't think so. the point is i will never acknowledge peyton until he show he can play on a team that's not as stacked on offense. Let's look at the Colt's offense.....beat lineman in football that's why peyton only get a sack a few times a year. Great WR like harrison and wayne. Even TE clark is not as bad as his stats might suggest. A pretty good RB Joseph Addai (1000+ yards). Now let's go back to Tom Brady....hmm a team with only 1 probowler and thats on D.....offensive wise...hmm dillon? huh? what? there's no one. P.S. I don't have any thing againts Peyton, just I don't see him as the best.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 D3s7rUc71oN

Tom Brady

ummm oh did you manage add offensive weapons to your average? i didn't think so. the point is i will never acknowledge peyton until he show he can play on a team that's not as stacked on offense. Let's look at the Colt's offense.....beat lineman in football that's why peyton only get a sack a few times a year. Great WR like harrison and wayne. Even TE clark is not as bad as his stats might suggest. A pretty good RB Joseph Addai (1000+ yards). Now let's go back to Tom Brady....hmm a team with only 1 probowler and thats on D.....offensive wise...hmm dillon? huh? what? there's no one. P.S. I don't have any thing againts Peyton, just I don't see him as the best.
badaboom187

While I agree with you, the Pats have good RB's IMO with Dillon and Maroney, though their WR core is mediocre at best. I've wonder how they managed to get that far into the playoffs with those type of receivers, not to mention the loss of Harrison and Seau.

KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
I dont like the Pats but Brady is the man. Look who hes getting it done with... Reche Caldwell... Jabar Gaffney... LOL only Tom Brady can turn those no-names into good WR's. I'd still take Brady over Manning. Manning might have better skills, but he also has much better weapons around him and it took him this long to win a Superbowl. And Tom Brady faced much better NFC teams in the superbowl (Rams, Panthers, Eagles) and won, no disrespect to the Bears.
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
By the way, Peyton missed his first practice this year to go to his grandmother's funeral earlier in the season. But i know what you're saying, Peyton is a QB thats always prepared.
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
i really think donavon mccnabb is the best QB cuz wen ever he gets injuried and comes back he does an outstanding job too badd he wont be back 'til week 10-11 of next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*dan_da_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 *dan_da_man
Member since 2003 • 986 Posts
The underrated Marc Bulger. If only the Rams had a defense...
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts
Both are great, but I think Brady's better simply for the fact he does alot more with alot less talent offensively than Peyton.
Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
Jeff George. 16 years in the league and still goin strong.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
Manning has always been the better QB. His stats were much better than other QB's even before the Super Bowl win. I will say that McNabb is the second best easy! If he wouldn't have gotten hurt he would have been MVP!
Hoff1282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hoff1282
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
It was Manning well before Super Bowl XLI. People forget that before Reggie Wayne, he had one guy worth a damn to throw to. It's not as though he's been handed this amazing career. Brady makes very few mistakes; Manning makes even fewer, and he has always known how to win. He's lost a few times in big situations and suddenly there's a label. It's beyond retarded. Manning is easily the best QB of our era and maybe the best pure pocket passer ever.
Darth-Mac10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darth-Mac10
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
still Favre.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Tom Brady

badaboom187
Not I didnt add the Colt's offensive weapons to the averages. I also didnt add the Pats having the best Kicker in post season history or on of the best defenses in the league every year they won.

If you wanna say Peyton wouldnt be as good w/o Marvin and reggie thats fine. Also take into account that the Pats would have 0 superbowls w/o their sick defense and special teams.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="badaboom187"]Tom Brady

SpideR_CentS

Not I didnt add the Colt's offensive weapons to the averages. I also didnt add the Pats having the best Kicker in post season history or on of the best defenses in the league every year they won.

If you wanna say Peyton wouldnt be as good w/o Marvin and reggie thats fine. Also take into account that the Pats would have 0 superbowls w/o their sick defense and special teams.

Exactly.
vrizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 vrizzle
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

manning is better at reading defenses and brady is better at making the clutch throws

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Peyton Manning is, was, has been and will continue to be the best QB in the league. Just to add something. While everyone, fans, media, whoever talks about who is the best those two guys admire and respect the hell out of each other. Now that Manning has his ring, they can both be content knowing they are both champs and are the best two QB's in the league, no doubt.
Scorch_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#26 Scorch_22
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts
I had to vote for Brees for such good effort, talk about reviving a franchise.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PatsFanVince

Most not all but most people who say Peyton is better are either Colts fans or they hate Tom Brady but everyones entitled to there opinion.  Oh and by the way I know how we all like to say Vinatieri and the defense won those superbowls but guess what if that team didnt have Tom Brady at QB to lead them down the field for the win they more then likely wouldnt have been champions.

Hoff1282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hoff1282
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
You know, it's not as though people are saying that Brady isn't a great QB -- well, some are, but they're idiots. Brady is clutch beyond belief and makes great throws, but he's not as accurate with the long ball as Peyton, he makes a few more questionable decisions (though they're both very good about that), and NOBODY reads a D like Peyton. Brady's got to be one of the top five QBs playing today on anyone's list; he's just not the best, in my view, and in the view of many.
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts

Most not all but most people who say Peyton is better are either Colts fans or they hate Tom Brady but everyones entitled to there opinion.  Oh and by the way I know how we all like to say Vinatieri and the defense won those superbowls but guess what if that team didnt have Tom Brady at QB to lead them down the field for the win they more then likely wouldnt have been champions.

PatsFanVince
I had Brady on my fantasy team. He's a sure hall of fame QB. But that pats wouldnt have won with him, the D, bruski, Vinateri, or the coaching staff. They won tons of games by the skin of their teeth. Without ALL or the componites they never would have won anything. I'm a Niners fan. I still think Peyton is better.
stanleywoolley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 stanleywoolley
Member since 2004 • 1126 Posts
im gonna take Brady, although manning did really well this season, i still think he looks nervous, and if the bears had managed to get a sack in on Manning in the first half, i think he might have bottled it. but he didnt, congrats to him, but i still think Brady is tougher mentally, although Manning is maybe better at reading the defense. Its like Manning is better technically, but Brady is better through instinct and natural talent
solid_krash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 solid_krash
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
Marc Bulger.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Manning and Brady are tied for best.
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
Brady is better when its important which is the big games and therefore i choose him. Also give Brady the team that Peyton has and im sure he will have the same stats if not better.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

Peyton Manning's 2006 playoff stats:  3 TDs and 7 Ints.  We all know the reason why the Colts won the title this year was because their defense was excellent for most of the playoffs.

That being said, if Peyton is the best QB in the league, Tom Brady is definately #2.  Is there any doubt that Tom Brady would put up Peyton's regular season numbers if he had 2 Pro Bowl recievers and a Pro Bowl offensive line instead of a bunch of #3 wideouts.

There are a few QBs a step below them including McNabb, Palmer, and Brees.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
Peyton
halo3resident4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 halo3resident4
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
gotta be peyton manning dude
Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#38 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
Peyton all the way.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nickdastick
Peyton Manning is, was, has been and will continue to be the best QB in the league. Just to add something. While everyone, fans, media, whoever talks about who is the best those two guys admire and respect the hell out of each other. Now that Manning has his ring, they can both be content knowing they are both champs and are the best two QB's in the league, no doubt.firefox59

You had me up until you said that they are the best two QB's in the league... McNabb is better than Brady easy! Also, McNabb can put up numbers equal to Peyton but he also is much more mobil. I will say Peyton is better but not by much and he probably would be behind McNabb if he hadn't gotten injured (he had KILLER stats up until he got hurt).
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nickdastick
Tom Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings is the only stat that I look at.roulettethedog

And amazingly enough, mediocre and decent QB's have won Super Bowls too... You can't just look at that stat. If you do, you are a very ignorant football fan... Or you just like the Pats too much... Both aren't good by the way...
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PatsFanVince

Wait did I just see someone say that McNabb is better then Brady? Please don't make me laugh.  Yeah McNabb is a good quarterback definetly in the top 5 in the NFL, but come on Brady has put some pretty good stats of his own 24 touchdowns only 12 inteceptions and 61 percent completetion to me thats pretty good with the receivers they had this year. Sure Peyton is probably the better QB, but without question Brady is number 2 in the league and would pick him over McNabb any day.  He does more with less talent which to me and im sure a lot of people is amazing but of course a lot of people will say thats just a excuse but really its the truth.  Oh by the way hows Alex Smith working out for ya?

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rhazakna
Tom Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings is the only stat that I look at.roulettethedog

You don't know much about football then.
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts
Brady is much better imo
Avatar image for Miami84Chambers
Miami84Chambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Miami84Chambers
Member since 2004 • 1123 Posts
Peyton Manning hands down.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nickdastick

Wait did I just see someone say that McNabb is better then Brady? Please don't make me laugh. Yeah McNabb is a good quarterback definetly in the top 5 in the NFL, but come on Brady has put some pretty good stats of his own 24 touchdowns only 12 inteceptions and 61 percent completetion to me thats pretty good with the receivers they had this year. Sure Peyton is probably the better QB, but without question Brady is number 2 in the league and would pick him over McNabb any day. He does more with less talent which to me and im sure a lot of people is amazing but of course a lot of people will say thats just a excuse but really its the truth. Oh by the way hows Alex Smith working out for ya?

PatsFanVince

I'm glad you would take Brady because that would leave McNabb for the smarter football fans! Here are McNabb's stats, 18 TD's, 6 INT's, 95.5 QB rating, 57% completion. Here's the thing, he only played in 10 games!!! And where is all the talent surrounding him? He might have Westbrook but the Pats have Corey Dillon and Maroney along with solid WR's! McNabb is the better QB, period! Oh, and say all you want about Alex Smith, he did fine at the end of the year and it helps when you have the best back in the NFC. The Pats don't even have the best back in AFC East!
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 D3s7rUc71oN

[QUOTE="roulettethedog"]Tom Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings is the only stat that I look at.nickdastick

And amazingly enough, mediocre and decent QB's have won Super Bowls too... You can't just look at that stat. If you do, you are a very ignorant football fan... Or you just like the Pats too much... Both aren't good by the way...

Care to name mediocre-decent QB's that have won 3 Superbowls?

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nickdastick

[QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="roulettethedog"]Tom Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings is the only stat that I look at.D3s7rUc71oN

If that is the only thing you go by fine. Of course, most people look at it like this, Adam V has won three Super Bowls (and there are some other guys on that list too since it takes a bit more than just one player to win the big one). I won't even go into the tuck rule BS that got them to a SB either. That was some huge junk!
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 D3s7rUc71oN
[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

[QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="roulettethedog"]Tom Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings is the only stat that I look at.nickdastick

If that is the only thing you go by fine. Of course, most people look at it like this, Adam V has won three Super Bowls (and there are some other guys on that list too since it takes a bit more than just one player to win the big one). I won't even go into the tuck rule BS that got them to a SB either. That was some huge junk!

Wow, people are still mentioning the tuck rule? are you serious? You realize that they had to make a 45yd FG in the snow after that call right? Not to mention after the FG that was made, there was OT. I'm sorry but the Raiders couldn't stop them in OT, that's their fault. Just looking for excuses on why they lost the game.

Not to mention the Raiders went to the SB next year, so they got their chance and we already know how that turned out....

As for McNabb better than Brady? :lol: Look McNabb had mediocre WR's, that's why he couldn't get to the SB. By the time they got T.O., he got there but guess what? He lost to the Pats; meanwhile Brady has been winning SB's with mediocre-average WR's.

Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

People...don't mention stats when talking about how good Peyton Manning is, his numbers are inflated. He has so many TDs and yards because he works in a pass happy offense, I mean, how can you NOT have 4000+ passing every year when you throw it 40-50 times per game? That and he has 2 of the top recievers in the league.

Manning is very good, but he's also way overrated too. I absolutely refuse to believe he is among the all time greats until he can prove that he can play under pressure, or on the run. Perfect example: I watched one game recently where he got sacked, and on the next play, was about to get sacked again, and threw the ball right to a defender for an INT, and when you get him out of the pocket, he utterly SUCKS. Plus he gets that stupid whiny face when he throws an incomplete.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"]Peyton Manning is, was, has been and will continue to be the best QB in the league. Just to add something. While everyone, fans, media, whoever talks about who is the best those two guys admire and respect the hell out of each other. Now that Manning has his ring, they can both be content knowing they are both champs and are the best two QB's in the league, no doubt.nickdastick

You had me up until you said that they are the best two QB's in the league... McNabb is better than Brady easy! Also, McNabb can put up numbers equal to Peyton but he also is much more mobil. I will say Peyton is better but not by much and he probably would be behind McNabb if he hadn't gotten injured (he had KILLER stats up until he got hurt).

McNabb's career averages are about the same as Brady's which is 26 TDs, 13 INTs, and 3600 yards. The main difference is that Brady is a big game QB while McChoke is not.