Randy Moss: I'm greatest WR ever

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#51 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]You probably wouldn't like who I think is the greatest player in NFL history then.DaJuicyMan
Please share with the group.

Sammy Baugh is the greatest player in NFL history. Before Baugh, the forward pass was a desperation play. He revolutionized the forward pass by making it a routine play from scrimmage. Oh, and he is also one of the game's great punters, and played DB as well. Nobody was more important to the game than Slingin' Sammy Baugh, and nobody did more on the field.
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

Not that i've ever watched him, but I always thought Otto Graham was dope. Didn't he win 10 titles in like 11 years?

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 monkeytoes61

Not that i've ever watched him, but I always thought Otto Graham was dope. Didn't he win 10 titles in like 11 years?

DaJuicyMan
Graham played ten years of pro football (4 in the AAFC, 6 in the NFL). He took his team to the championship game each season, winning 7 of them.
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DaJuicyMan
[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

monkeytoes61
Graham played ten years of pro football (4 in the AAFC, 6 in the NFL). He took his team to the championship game each season, winning 7 of them.

What a boss.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]My top five 1. Don Hutson 2. Jerry Rice 3. Raymond Berry 4. Steve Largent 5. Toss up. Moss, Irvin, Alworth, Carter could all fit here.

Didn't you say Randy Moss isn't a HOFer...
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 monkeytoes61
I've changed my mind on Moss. He may be a douche, but it never really seemed to be a detriment to his team on the field. I'll never change my mind on TO though. He clearly brought his teams down with his attitude, and that to me is not worthy of the HOF.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
I've changed my mind on Moss. He may be a douche, but it never really seemed to be a detriment to his team on the field. I'll never change my mind on TO though. He clearly brought his teams down with his attitude, and that to me is not worthy of the HOF.monkeytoes61
Oh, I didn't know people were allowed to change their mind here. :lol: Glad you changed your mind on Moss, he is/was a great player.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts
I've changed my mind on Moss. He may be a douche, but it never really seemed to be a detriment to his team on the field. I'll never change my mind on TO though. He clearly brought his teams down with his attitude, and that to me is not worthy of the HOF.monkeytoes61
He sprayed a ref during the game with a bottle of water. Just ask the Raiders and Vikings how he was.
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
Alfred Jenkins > everyone
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I hate comparing receivers(any position really) from different eras, because too many of them require me to go on good faith in how they were presented in NFL films or sh1t like that, and not on what I saw. I trust my own damn eyes more to be quite honest.

Is Randy Moss a first ballot Hall of Famer? If the Hall wasn't stupid sometimes absolutely he should be.

Is Randy Moss the greatest of all time? Jerry Rice was better, Irvin to me is a receiver I wanted more in big situations, Owens to me was a more complete receiver(inconsistencies with his hands aside, better route runner, could make plays after the catch, and he could block when necessary). Issac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Chris Carter were more complete receivers albeit without Moss's ability to essentially break the game. There are receivers now(AJ Green and Megatron) that I think are physically gifted and fully capable of putting up numbers comparable to Moss. You have guys like Hutson and Largent who were dominant receivers for their era as well.

If you're the greatest of all time I shouldn't have doubts against you being the all time best, but with Randy I have too many. On the flip side there is no doubt in my mind that Joe Montanna is the GOAT. Frankly he's not even close. He was fantastic weapon, but not the all time greatest receiver. Definitely top 10 or barely missing it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Really? Irvin top 5?

No way he's better than Moss. NO WAYYYYYYYY.

DaJuicyMan
Better route runner, had his numbers docked down a bit in a run first offense, and he was a more physical receiver. Meaning he could block and go up against even the toughest of DB matchups. Oh and he showed up in big games as well. Randy Moss: A bunch of gaudy statistics, but a far more limited game as he was a little bit one dimensional. It just happened to be a dimension that mad him look f*cking absurd.
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DaJuicyMan

One-dimensional guys don't succeed like Moss has. Some of the best stats ever despite a lot of average teams, and the number one weapon on one of the greatest teams ever. Why run in-routes when you can go up against double coverage and make grown ass men look like children? Incredible speed, incredible hands, strong af.. not exactly one dimensional, he's not Desean Jackson. Why have Griffey hit singles when he can hit HRs everytime?

He's top 10, I don't think it's debatable, and personally I think he's top 3. Isaac Bruce? C'mon man.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
It's unfortunate the greatest Receiver ever didn't show up the biggest stage, again.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Aw hell no. He doesn't have the dilligence, attitide or consistency to come even close.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

One-dimensional guys don't succeed like Moss has. Some of the best stats ever despite a lot of average teams, and the number one weapon on one of the greatest teams ever. Why run in-routes when you can go up against double coverage and make grown ass men look like children? Incredible speed, incredible hands, strong af.. not exactly one dimensional, he's not Desean Jackson. Why have Griffey hit singles when he can hit HRs everytime?

He's top 10, I don't think it's debatable, and personally I think he's top 3. Isaac Bruce? C'mon man.

DaJuicyMan

What average teams has Moss been with? Vikings were always in the playoffs when he was there. Culpepper was good before he got hurt. He was also on the 18-1 NE Pats. He spent some time in Oakland, so did Jerry Rice and Tim Brown. He sucked there because he didn't wanna play there and he didn't try like the scumbag he is. Now he is part of the Niners, another good team. He is a POS, good but a POS. 

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

He should've/would've/could've been the greatest ever, if he had any sort of work ethic.