Patriots Future-Moss, a 2nd shot at 19-0?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts

A very disappointing loss for the Patriots indeed, but you need to look at next season now. Will Randy Moss be coming back after the allegations that he is facing in Florida? Will the Patriots stun the world again and go 19-0 next season? The Patriots will definitely be favored next year again, but the Chargers and their amazing defense will also be back with vengance. People won't really think about it, but even people who don't watch football might be looking at the score at the end of Sunday to see if the Patriots keep winning.

Here is their schedule for next season

New England Patriots
Home: Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis, Pittsburgh
Away: Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Indianapolis

San Diego and Indianapolis will be huge games to look at. Other than that, the Patriots have another shot at 19-0. I wonder when people will start talking about 19-0 again though. Once they defeat either San Diego or Indianapolis, then people will start thinking about it again.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

There's absolutely no way they go 16-0.

Remember what happened after Peyton's record season? Teams adjusted and slowed that offense down. The team still won, but the games were closer b/c the offense was at least slowed down. The same will happen to NE. This offense will not be replicated next year and that defense will lose some games. I predict at least 2-3 losses.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

I definitely don't think they'll go undefeated again.

I can easily see them in the Super Bowl again though.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#4 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Already? Too early to be going into predictions for next season.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Pittsburgh will be a big game too

I don't see them doing it again...the league was lackluster this year some of the teams (such as Oakland,buffalo,etc) will be much better suited to pull off an upset after a good off-season.

Not to mention that defense is another year older

Elitemajik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elitemajik
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts
Moss wont be a patriot next year
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Moss wont be a patriot next yearElitemajik

I could see that happening...I have always seen Moss as a hired gun...like Owens he is a guy you pick up for a season just to push your game up that little bit more....

shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts
no they may go to the superbowl again next year but pull off a record like they did this year not a chance
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
yeah,and they get smacked down again like this year.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#10 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
The Hawks will beat them!
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RyuHayabusaX

I wanted the Patriots to win since I won't see this happen for a long time, but I was the ONLY one at my school who called the upset. Yes, I wanted the Patriots to win, but I was telling everyone that I smelled an upset. They laughed at me, and people who pretend that they're Boston fans are like NO WAY, THEY CAN'T LOSE, don't make yourself look stupid! They'll probably be quiet tomorrow, and I'll just rub it in once, and I'll be happy, just to my friend who is from Boston and who everyday comes into lunch and is like, "BC WON LAST NIGHT, DID ANYONE SEE?!?!" He's always talking about Boston, and tomorrow he'll probably be quiet.

Seriously though what happened on that GW TD by Burress? Did the defender trip or fall down(did Burress push him down?)? How did they not have double coverage on Burress when the Giants are that close ?

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts

That D was just getting by all season, I don't expect over-the-hill Seau, Bruschi, and Harrison to be as effective next year, and the blue print is out on how to stop the Patriots O. Moss didnt do anything in the playoffs and I expect that to continue into next season.

Sorry Patriot fans, your shot at immortality went down the toilet.

digiram79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 digiram79
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

Big Pats fan here, but no way we see another potential 19-0 by any team again. This was a once in a lifetime moment, and it's sad to see it end this way.

I'm disappointed and hopefully they can bounce back from this next year.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

The Patriots got exposed so bad.

Ever since the EAGLES played them tough and put pressure on Tom Brady late in the season, the Patriots have been leaking gas.

They are an OLD team and they got several players going into Free Agency next year.

This loss was a DYNASTY KILLER.

No team will ever go 19-0. No team will ever even go 16-0 again. Not ever again in our lifetime.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RyuHayabusaX

Well the 72' Dolphins, like it's been said for so many years, can break out the champagne again. It's going to be a LONG wait for football season next year though, and I feel really burned out. The NFL is all about the Patriots now. When you hear anything with Pro Football, you instantly think of the Patriots. No one really wants to talk about their team because the Patriots are getting attention.

Well one of the ESPN guys just mentioned another possibility of 18-0 next season lol. Just imagine if the Patriots lose their first game next season. Also, over the years, the SuperBowl loser has had a losing record the next season; it was broken by the Seahawks 2 years ago who went 9-7. I don't see the Patriots having a losing record next year, but now everyone does sort of know how to beat them. Seriously though I am burned out, and it's hard to talk about other teams with all the things that the Patriots have been doing this season.

G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 G5W
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

There's absolutely no way they go 16-0.

Remember what happened after Peyton's record season? Teams adjusted and slowed that offense down. The team still won, but the games were closer b/c the offense was at least slowed down. The same will happen to NE. This offense will not be replicated next year and that defense will lose some games. I predict at least 2-3 losses.

manningbowl135

They can go to Maroney. I actually think they have a better shot next year to go 19-0 than they did this year

G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 G5W

Well the 72' Dolphins, like it's been said for so many years, can break out the champagne again. It's going to be a LONG wait for football season next year though, and I feel really burned out. The NFL is all about the Patriots now. When you hear anything with Pro Football, you instantly think of the Patriots. No one really wants to talk about their team because the Patriots are getting attention.

Well one of the ESPN guys just mentioned another possibility of 18-0 next season lol. Just imagine if the Patriots lose their first game next season. Also, over the years, the SuperBowl loser has had a losing record the next season; it was broken by the Seahawks 2 years ago who went 9-7. I don't see the Patriots having a losing record next year, but now everyone does sort of know how to beat them. Seriously though I am burned out, and it's hard to talk about other teams with all the things that the Patriots have been doing this season.

RyuHayabusaX

Just because you know how, doesn't mean you can. The reason the giants won is because they can rush 4 and still get pressure, allowing them to cover and get pressure, if you can't get pressure like the g men, pretty much like every other team cant get pressure on brady. He'll pick you apart.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

We'll see what happens. Moss and Samuel are both FAs this year. Either one goes they lose a large chunk of their offensive or defensive identity.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
I don't think Samuel we'll be back. Where will Moss go anyways?
G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 G5W
Moss is coming back, Asante will play for the Bengals, contributing to there 19-0 season.
DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts
Heads will roll on defense. Bruschi and Seau are done. They'll give Randy something in the $40-50 million range, they can't let him get away. Asante Samuel is also a concern considering Nate Clements just got $80 million from SF, he's probably gone.
G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 G5W
I feel bad for Seau, he really deserved a superbowl ring
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts

Moss wont be a patriot next yearElitemajik

im sure the Titans would LOVE to take him, but he'll stay with the Pats, he NEEDS a SB ring to solidify his carrer, so the team with the best chance (AT THIS POINT) looks like the pats...

True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
Damnit I gotta find me a Colts and Giants cap.
True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts

I wanted the Patriots to win since I won't see this happen for a long time, but I was the ONLY one at my school who called the upset. Yes, I wanted the Patriots to win, but I was telling everyone that I smelled an upset. They laughed at me, and people who pretend that they're Boston fans are like NO WAY, THEY CAN'T LOSE, don't make yourself look stupid! They'll probably be quiet tomorrow, and I'll just rub it in once, and I'll be happy, just to my friend who is from Boston and who everyday comes into lunch and is like, "BC WON LAST NIGHT, DID ANYONE SEE?!?!" He's always talking about Boston, and tomorrow he'll probably be quiet.

Seriously though what happened on that GW TD by Burress? Did the defender trip or fall down(did Burress push him down?)? How did they not have double coverage on Burress when the Giants are that close ?

RyuHayabusaX

Burress faked a slant then went for the fade. That fake froze the defender. Plus the patriots went an all out blitz was indeed very stupid.

Anyway, GOOOO!!! GIANTS!!! Can't touch the Manning boys!!!

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Unfortunetly this WAS their shot at making history...I just don't see it happening for ANY team again... :(
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
They just snuck by in a couple games this year. It is hard to imagine they'll have the same luck next year.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
you need to look at the fact they lost the Super Bowl. The next season isn't something to worry about now.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

RyuHayabusaX

it's easy to talk about the Giants and how they beat the "flawless patriots". It got on my nerves during the pregame show how those guys were only talking about a "mt. rushmore" of quarterbacks. That didn't happen, so the whole pregame show was a waste.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

I give the G-Men props for taking down the Pats. They made history in being the only team that beat the Pats in 2007. Congrats!

The Pats will never go undefeated again in this lifetime. Nor will any other NFL team. This was the only chance the Pats had to dethrone the '72 Dolphins. It's not too early to say that. Also, Moss will be back and he will be just as good next year, if not better.

Sad thing now is that there won't be any football games until August.

atlflcns7_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 atlflcns7_2004
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts
They will be the favorite in the AFC to go to the Super Bowl but I think teams are starting to figure out what they need to do to beat these guys. I will say that they will have the #1 seed in the AFC but I predict an early loss, maybe first 2 or 3 games of the season. Cuz now everyone is shooting for them. They arent this "unstoppable" team anymore.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

The Patriots have A LOT of work to do in the draft.

They need Linebackers who can cover slants AND drop back into zone AND tackle, then need to revamp their offensive line since Brady got killed by blitzes up the middle, they also need to think about replacing Hobbs, who can't cover tall recievers like Burress.

Lucky for them, they got the #7 overall pick I believe.. .I'd trade that for a bunch of other picks.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
randy moss will be back they will not go undefeated again they will go 15-1
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Pittsburgh will be a big game too

I don't see them doing it again...the league was lackluster this year some of the teams (such as Oakland,buffalo,etc) will be much better suited to pull off an upset after a good off-season.

Not to mention that defense is another year older

UnknownSniper65

The AFC was lackluster???? What league were you watching? The NFC as well seems to be getting better. If the Pats can keep this offense somewhat together, and the d intact to a extent they will be back in the superbowl.

ShattyFattmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 ShattyFattmas
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts

Burress faked a slant then went for the fade. That fake froze the defender. Plus the patriots went an all out blitz was indeed very stupid.

Anyway, GOOOO!!! GIANTS!!! Can't touch the Manning boys!!!

Yes you can. Bradys far better then them both combined. So the pats lost, everyone losses sometime. And I think this will only make them stronger.

G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 G5W

Unfortunetly this WAS their shot at making history...I just don't see it happening for ANY team again... :(tryfe_lyn

cept the bengals next year

keci_kt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 keci_kt
Member since 2004 • 454 Posts

I am gonna be real honest with you i don't see the Patriots getting another chance at 19-0. This was just a one in a lifetime chance. This only proves that the Patriots are still human and not like the unbeatable team that everyone thought about.

You have to give a lot of credit to the Giants that even been big time underdogs they came in with a record of 2-1 all time in Super Bowls. Now 3-1. Elli Manning made and incredible play the kind of play that reminds us what Brett Favre did against the Giants.

It looks to me that Elli absorbs all the great plays from Big Time Players all the momentum from Week 17 against Patriots and the big play from Brett Favre.

What is more amazing is that Elli is still growing and getting maturity in his carrer i cannot imagine how much potential this kid still have.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

I found it funny that moss went from Good when he was on the Dolphins, Bad when he was on the Raiders, then Very good when he was on the Pats.

I guess Raiders are cursed or something.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

[QUOTE="tryfe_lyn"]Unfortunetly this WAS their shot at making history...I just don't see it happening for ANY team again... :(G5W

cept the bengals next year

serious question....why are you so high over the bengals? are u serious when you say the things you say about them?

anyways for the pats future there isnt anything they need to do on offense, i would like to see them have a little more depth and speed on defense tho. i dont expect a drastic change on either side of the ball, yes there are a few oldies on D but they can still play

Wii60always

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wii60always
Member since 2006 • 316 Posts
They're still in great shape to return to the Super Bowl (they do have the 49ers' 7th overall pick, you know), but there's no way they're going undefeated again. Best case scenario is that they go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl.
FullMetal22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FullMetal22
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts

They are currently 9-5 favorites here in Vegas to win Super Bowl 43 next year. I basically wanted to see 19-0 to shut up Mercury Morris from the 72 Dolphins...that guy really needs to stop clinging to that and realize that if his team played any team in the NFL today they would be 2 touchdown underdogs...minimum. As for the Pats next year, I don't see 16-0 or 19-0...but I think they will win the Super Bowl next year because they will play more angry than they did this year with spygate. I think Moss will re-sign because he realizes he has one of the best QB's ever throwing him the ball. Yes, their defense is getting old, but they have the #7 pick in the draft and they will be able to trade that pick for some defensive players. And Belichick is a great coach even though most people hate him. They will be back for sure in my opinion. I am not a Pats fan, I'm I Titans fan so I'm not speaking with bias. I do cheer for Brady because he went to Michigan and that's where I grew up.

P.S. Giants are 20-1 to win Super Bowl 43.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

The Patriots don't have a chance at going undefeated next season. They're not going to take the league by surprise again and average 40 ppg through the first 10 games. Coaches know how to beat them and they'll be more prepared. Still, that schedule is pretty tame due to their division. They'll still win 13 or 14 games. 19-0, however, is out of the question. This was their only year to do it, and the Giants took it away.

Right now the Patriots only need to worry about getting the job done in the playoffs and bringing home the rings.

csimonma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 csimonma
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
Nope they play the Broncos :D
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 manningbowl135
They only play 4 games against 2008 playoff teams and have 6 guranteed wins. But 2 of those 4 games are against Indy and SD on the road, so probably not.
ShattyFattmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 ShattyFattmas
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts

The Patriots don't have a chance at going undefeated next season. They're not going to take the league by surprise again and average 40 ppg through the first 10 games. Coaches know how to beat them and they'll be more prepared. Still, that schedule is pretty tame due to their division. They'll still win 13 or 14 games. 19-0, however, is out of the question. This was their only year to do it, and the Giants took it away.

Right now the Patriots only need to worry about getting the job done in the playoffs and bringing home the rings.

Gamer556

Well, thats the thing. Coaches this year may know how to beat them, but next year the Patriots will give teams a new look. So once again coaches will have to adjust. They wont go back to back years with the same looks on offense.

dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts
they wont go 16-0 again. if u noticed at the end of the year they weren't blowing teams out anymore. and that defense isnt getting any younger.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 manningbowl135
Now that I look at it, the Patriots may go 16-0 and who knows what may happen in the playoffs. They have an opponent winning percentage of .387, one of the lowest in the SB era! A 16-0 season if they get by SD and IND is not out of the question.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
When you take a closer look at the Pats it's hard to imagine them going 16-0 or getting close. They've got some aging stars... and frankly I suspect they'll have an interum coach for at least a bit next year of the NFL takes a close look at the past.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

When you take a closer look at the Pats it's hard to imagine them going 16-0 or getting close. They've got some aging stars... and frankly I suspect they'll have an interum coach for at least a bit next year of the NFL takes a close look at the past.duxup

Why would they have an interum coach? The only evidence that anyone is talking about is the ex Pats staffer who claims he has video tape. Yet he didnt come out with this after game one. He waited till the Friday before a SB to say something. It's all BS tbh.

Back ont he topic, the only real aging part of the team is the Linebackers, and with a 7th overall they can pick up a young buck LB and they will have Colvin back. The problem started with Colvin being injured and they no longer could use Seau and Teddy the way they had through the majority of the season. They were using them as basically 1 player. Colvin got hurt and they had to change their play s t y l e. Next season will be great. I don't think it will be a 16-0 season but it will be a 14-2 season at the least.

(wow you can type the word s t y l e out, thats retarded)

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="duxup"]When you take a closer look at the Pats it's hard to imagine them going 16-0 or getting close. They've got some aging stars... and frankly I suspect they'll have an interum coach for at least a bit next year of the NFL takes a close look at the past.Just_Osmo

Why would they have an interum coach? The only evidence that anyone is talking about is the ex Pats staffer who claims he has video tape. Yet he didnt come out with this after game one. He waited till the Friday before a SB to say something. It's all BS tbh.

Back ont he topic, the only real aging part of the team is the Linebackers, and with a 7th overall they can pick up a young buck LB and they will have Colvin back. The problem started with Colvin being injured and they no longer could use Seau and Teddy the way they had through the majority of the season. They were using them as basically 1 player. Colvin got hurt and they had to change their play s t y l e. Next season will be great. I don't think it will be a 16-0 season but it will be a 14-2 season at the least.

(wow you can type the word s t y l e out, thats retarded)

Their secondary will be a concern too b/c Samuels will most likely leave.

Obviously as of right now nothing will happen to BB. But if there is something to what Walsh is saying, then it's a real possibliity.