Official 2013 NFL Offseason thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1501 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts
Patriots offering exchanges for Hernandez jerseys. Bring in your jersey and get a different player for no cost. New England is classy, they've handled this terrible situation very well.monkeytoes61
Ya, that's awesome. Good on Kraft
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1502 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Patriots offering exchanges for Hernandez jerseys. Bring in your jersey and get a different player for no cost. New England is classy, they've handled this terrible situation very well.monkeytoes61
Agreed.  Initially I was pissed because of how swiiftly the Patriots were moving against a guy who at the time I only expected to be charged with obstruction.  But with everything that's happened over the past few days i'm glad we disassociated ourselves as fast as we did.  The Cowboys on the other hand, could stand to learn a thing or two.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1503 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18830 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Patriots offering exchanges for Hernandez jerseys. Bring in your jersey and get a different player for no cost. New England is classy, they've handled this terrible situation very well.Boston_Boyy

Agreed.  Initially I was pissed because of how swiiftly the Patriots were moving against a guy who at the time I only expected to be charged with obstruction.  But with everything that's happened over the past few days i'm glad we disassociated ourselves as fast as we did.  The Cowboys on the other hand, could stand to learn a thing or two.

Did you trade your jersey in?
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1504 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

Shit i'd hold on to a Hernandez jersey if I had one. Prolly be worth a lotta money down the road. But yea props to the Pats for doing that.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1505 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Shit i'd hold on to a Hernandez jersey if I had one. Prolly be worth a lotta money down the road. But yea props to the Pats for doing that.

36Ounces

It would be hilarious if the team sold them all on ebay for huge money.  It would also be pretty funny if he ended up being cleared of everything.  If I traded in one of his jerseys and that happened I think I would feel pretty stupid.

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1506 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
I don't think the OJ case will ever happen again. Hernadez is ******!
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1507 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
nfl needs to stop babying the players and come down HARD on the players who get in off-field crap like they so often do anymore. its a thug league. and they need to fix it. as the teams and players aren't willing to step in most of the time, the league has to.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1508 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I heard Marcellus on sportsnation saying how teams do offer services for the players and even "mentors" to help you out, but they just don't use it :| Even with Yasiel Puig i know he has a mentor that he can talk to, coming over to a new country, getting rich/famous and still being young
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1509 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

theone86

It would be hilarious if the team sold them all on ebay for huge money.  It would also be pretty funny if he ended up being cleared of everything.  If I traded in one of his jerseys and that happened I think I would feel pretty stupid.

Eh, with everything that's come out about Hernandez recently I think it's pretty clear that he's a giant piece of shit even if he's acquitted somehow.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1510 starwarsjunky
I heard Marcellus on sportsnation saying how teams do offer services for the players and even "mentors" to help you out, but they just don't use it :| Even with Yasiel Puig i know he has a mentor that he can talk to, coming over to a new country, getting rich/famous and still being youngX360PS3AMD05
they should be forced to. its extremely rare that players get anything more than a slap on the wrist for ANYthing.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1511 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

JML897

Eh, with everything that's come out about Hernandez recently I think it's pretty clear that he's a giant piece of shit even if he's acquitted somehow.

and if he's acquitted, the NFL would welcome him back in, just as with any other thug.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1512 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Such a weird and depressing off-season for the Pats. I'd be surprised if we can win 12 games.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1513 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Such a weird and depressing off-season for the Pats. I'd be surprised if we can win 12 games.

sherman-tank1

They'll be fine.  10 wins should be plenty to win that division.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1514 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Oleg_Huzwog

Depends on how good Miami is. I also don't want to sleep on the Bills. If their coach turns out to be good they can rack up some wins. Really unpredictable division other than the Jets.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1515 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
Pats: The new Bengals
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1516 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

sherman-tank1
Guaranteed 5 in that division.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1517 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

sherman-tank1

Depends on how good Miami is. I also don't want to sleep on the Bills. If their coach turns out to be good they can rack up some wins. Really unpredictable division other than the Jets.

lol the Bills. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1518 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

Put_in_Kitna

lol the Bills. 

You can never underestimate a new regime. They can flop hard or surprise everybody.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#1519 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
They're nothing without Fitzmagic.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1520 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
nfl needs to stop babying the players and come down HARD on the players who get in off-field crap like they so often do anymore. its a thug league. and they need to fix it. as the teams and players aren't willing to step in most of the time, the league has to.starwarsjunky
A majority of the cases tend to be DUIs... I don't see much thuggary in that.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1521 monkeytoes61
I read somewhere that the arrest rate among the general population is lower than that in the NFL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1522 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

I read somewhere that the arrest rate among the general population is lower than that in the NFL.monkeytoes61
Funny I read the opposite. Regardless, I don't believe it is right for the NFL to be more involved in players' lives in order to improve crime rates.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1523 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]nfl needs to stop babying the players and come down HARD on the players who get in off-field crap like they so often do anymore. its a thug league. and they need to fix it. as the teams and players aren't willing to step in most of the time, the league has to.No_Hablo_Ingles
A majority of the cases tend to be DUIs... I don't see much thuggary in that.

it means you don't give a shlt. with what they're making they can't get someone else to drive or take a taxi?
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1524 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I read somewhere that the arrest rate among the general population is lower than that in the NFL.sherman-tank1

Funny I read the opposite. Regardless, I don't believe it is right for the NFL to be more involved in players' lives in order to improve crime rates.

so its ok when people beat their girlfriends, drive drunk(endangering the lives of everyone on the road), some of whom serve time, are welcomed back with open arms, and make a mockery of the sport?
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1525 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
DUI's might not be thuggish, but could be worse. They totally should carry mandatory prison time, about damn time people get through their heads that drinking and driving isn't fvcking acceptable.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1526 Boston_Boyy

I read somewhere that the arrest rate among the general population is lower than that in the NFL.monkeytoes61
This is actually true, and even more true when you compare them to young male adults of a similar age i'm pretty sure.  Though to be fair, it's also probably a lot higher than the rate of arrests for those in the highest tax income bracket.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1527 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
DUI's might not be thuggish, but could be worse. They totally should carry mandatory prison time, about damn time people get through their heads that drinking and driving isn't fvcking acceptable. Master_Live
I've always maintained that driving drunk should have way more stringent penalties. First offense should honestly be jail time and second offense should be lifelong suspension of license and more jail time. People do it again and again because the penalties can sometimes be a slap on the wrist. Hell, even people who can't afford the fines end up doing it again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1528 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I read somewhere that the arrest rate among the general population is lower than that in the NFL.starwarsjunky

so its ok when people beat their girlfriends, drive drunk(endangering the lives of everyone on the road), some of whom serve time, are welcomed back with open arms, and make a mockery of the sport?

I'm not saying they should come back to open arms, but the worst thing that the NFL should be able to do is suspend them. Let the court system handle the rest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1529 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]DUI's might not be thuggish, but could be worse. They totally should carry mandatory prison time, about damn time people get through their heads that drinking and driving isn't fvcking acceptable. -Halftime-
I've always maintained that driving drunk should have way more stringent penalties. First offense should honestly be jail time and second offense should be lifelong suspension of license and more jail time. People do it again and again because the penalties can sometimes be a slap on the wrist. Hell, even people who can't afford the fines end up doing it again.

The irratting thing about taking away somebody license is that they will probably end up doing it anyway.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1530 -Halftime-

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]DUI's might not be thuggish, but could be worse. They totally should carry mandatory prison time, about damn time people get through their heads that drinking and driving isn't fvcking acceptable. sherman-tank1

The irratting thing about taking away somebody license is that they will probably end up doing it anyway.

Yes, but I really do think if first offenses carried jail time and repeat offenders got longer sentences(I'm talking years) then I think you would see DUI's go down. DUI's are a slap on the wrist. Jail time needs to happen. Period. It's a serious problem. I knew a guy that got paralyzed from the neck down cus of idiots that drive drunk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1531 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"] I've always maintained that driving drunk should have way more stringent penalties. First offense should honestly be jail time and second offense should be lifelong suspension of license and more jail time. People do it again and again because the penalties can sometimes be a slap on the wrist. Hell, even people who can't afford the fines end up doing it again.-Halftime-

Yes, but I really do think if first offenses carried jail time and repeat offenders got longer sentences(I'm talking years) then I think you would see DUI's go down. DUI's are a slap on the wrist. Jail time needs to happen. Period. It's a serious problem. I knew a guy that got paralyzed from the neck down cus of idiots that drive drunk.

I think longer jail time is good, but I disagree about the license part. Not having a license can mess up somebody's life.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1532 -Halftime-

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]The irratting thing about taking away somebody license is that they will probably end up doing it anyway.

sherman-tank1

I think longer jail time is good, but I disagree about the license part. Not having a license can mess up somebody's life.

Driving drunk can END somebody's life. People that drive drunk are stupid and don't deserve a license. It's not like anyone is MAKING them drive drunk. I've never driven drunk. It's a choice. If you are a repeat offender you absolutely deserve your license taken away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1533 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"] Yes, but I really do think if first offenses carried jail time and repeat offenders got longer sentences(I'm talking years) then I think you would see DUI's go down. DUI's are a slap on the wrist. Jail time needs to happen. Period. It's a serious problem. I knew a guy that got paralyzed from the neck down cus of idiots that drive drunk. -Halftime-

Driving drunk can END somebody's life. People that drive drunk are stupid and don't deserve a license. It's not like anyone is MAKING them drive drunk. I've never driven drunk. It's a choice. If you are a repeat offender you absolutely deserve your license taken away.

Taken away yes, but not for life. Now aday you are a waste of human life is you don't have a license your entire life.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1534 monkeytoes61
I think you should be able to earn it back, but only through rigorous rehabilitation. Mandatory AA attendance for instance.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1535 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]Funny I read the opposite. Regardless, I don't believe it is right for the NFL to be more involved in players' lives in order to improve crime rates.

sherman-tank1

I'm not saying they should come back to open arms, but the worst thing that the NFL should be able to do is suspend them. Let the court system handle the rest.

its a job. any other job would let you go for similar things. why should the NFL be any different?
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1536 Master_Live
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] so its ok when people beat their girlfriends, drive drunk(endangering the lives of everyone on the road), some of whom serve time, are welcomed back with open arms, and make a mockery of the sport?starwarsjunky

its a job. any other job would let you go for similar things. why should the NFL be any different?

Scarcity, you get fired from IBM, next day they got 50 guys with great resumes one phone call away, that isn't the same in the NFL. That is why they get a longer leash than in other private companies. And that is that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1537 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] so its ok when people beat their girlfriends, drive drunk(endangering the lives of everyone on the road), some of whom serve time, are welcomed back with open arms, and make a mockery of the sport?starwarsjunky

Oh well yeah. That is a right of any business. 

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1538 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]I'm not saying they should come back to open arms, but the worst thing that the NFL should be able to do is suspend them. Let the court system handle the rest.Master_Live

Scarcity, you get fired from IBM, next day they got 50 guys with great resumes one phone call away, that isn't the same in the NFL. That is why they get a longer leash than in other private companies. And that is that.

they got other players a phone call away...people will watch regardless.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1539 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Those BC Lions are legit man

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1540 Chutebox

Incoming fine for roddy white? Maybe v. Cruz?  Athletes should delete twitter

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1541 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

Chutebox
I expected that shit from Roddy Waste, but Victor Cruz? What a moron.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1542 Master_Live
Just stupid, they are too stupid to realize how those tweets will play out in public. Stupid.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1543 36Ounces

Figures, ppl always tryin to play the race card smh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1544 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Maybe if these athletes paid more attention to the story and knew there wasn't enough evidence to claim that Zimmerman started the incident this wouldn't be a problem.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1545 Chutebox

Maybe if these athletes paid more attention to the story and knew there wasn't enough evidence to claim that Zimmerman started the incident this wouldn't be a problem.

sherman-tank1

Evidence shmevidence

I hope Roger Hitler does something with these two.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1546 monkeytoes61

Silverbond
Are you being sarcastic?
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1547 Boston_Boyy

Chutebox

If watching my twitter feed last night taught me anything it's that public figures in general shouldn't tweet about anything serious at all.  It was so so obvious that so many of them were talking out of ther asses and geniunely had no clue what was actually presented as evidence at the trial.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1548 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

monkeytoes61
Are you being sarcastic?

No, I caught the game last night on ESPN 2. From what I saw they were pretty dominant
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1549 36Ounces

Look at these dumb mf'ers... http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9477236/photos-maurkice-pouncey-pittsburgh-steelers-mike-pouncey-miami-dolphins-free-hernandez-caps

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1550 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Silverbond
Are you being sarcastic?

No, I caught the game last night on ESPN 2. From what I saw they were pretty dominant

Lulay is probably the best QB in the CFL. That was a tough game though, in that monsoon.