Official 2012 NFL Season thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

Get the story right.

should be limited to whether he can prove the players intended to injure opponents, which would fall in the category of conduct detrimental to the game. Players and coaches implicated in the bounty pool have testified under oath in a related federal court case they never intended to injure opposing players".

Master_Live

This is what Goodell has to prove now. If he can't he loses it all and the players and coaches will only be penalized for the money portion of this stupid mess.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#202 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Chris Berman signed a contract extension, when will this guy go away, he's so godamn obnoxious.-Halftime-

Agreed. I hate that dude. Figured you egal fans might like him because he picks the Eagles to make the superbowl every year.

Nah, even if he picks my team, I can't get over how annoying his voice and all the sounds he makes are.NFL Network is where it's at for NFL coverage, they have way better anchors than ESPN.

Really? I like Schlereth, Wiley, Wingo, Herm, all those guys. Not a huge fan of NFL Network's guys. I dislike Prime and Irvin, and I think Warner and Faulk lack charisma.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#203 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]I want to see how the Browns fans react to Art Modell's death. No_Hablo_Ingles
By crying when their team loses by 40.

Nah, 21.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]I want to see how the Browns fans react to Art Modell's death. TheWalkingGhost
By crying when their team loses by 40.

Nah, 21.

split the difference at 30.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 No_Hablo_Ingles
Eagles have the most cap room in the NFL http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/eagles-lead-the-way-in-regular-season-cap-space/ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/ Where is that Cowboy fan who said that we were hurting our long term by signing the likes of Babin/Nnamdi/etc.?
DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

PlayoffPredictions

Patriots , Cincinnati , Texans , Chargers

Steelers & Denver

Eagles , Packers , Saints , 49ers

Bears & Cowboys

deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Eagles have the most cap room in the NFL http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/eagles-lead-the-way-in-regular-season-cap-space/ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/ Where is that Cowboy fan who said that we were hurting our long term by signing the likes of Babin/Nnamdi/etc.?No_Hablo_Ingles

The NFL is in BIG trouble. Most cap space in the NFL with that roster is scary.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Eagles have the most cap room in the NFL http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/eagles-lead-the-way-in-regular-season-cap-space/http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/ Where is that Cowboy fan who said that we were hurting our long term by signing the likes of Babin/Nnamdi/etc.?deuce4eva

Don't forget that we have to resign Maclin and DRC after this year.
ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts
Good call by cleveland on deciding not to mention modell at their football game. He definitely would have been booed. His death isn't supposed to somehow completely change how browns fans feel about him.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#210 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="deuce4eva"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Eagles have the most cap room in the NFL http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/eagles-lead-the-way-in-regular-season-cap-space/http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/ Where is that Cowboy fan who said that we were hurting our long term by signing the likes of Babin/Nnamdi/etc.?No_Hablo_Ingles

I think they estimated that if the Eagles had the exact same roster next year with the players whose deals are up resigning at their current salary that the Eagles would be 17 million in the red in cap space. There's nothing wrong with the NFL cap, the Eagles just frontloaded certain contracts and backloaded others, then happened into a good year.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="deuce4eva"]

theone86

I think they estimated that if the Eagles had the exact same roster next year with the players whose deals are up resigning at their current salary that the Eagles would be 17 million in the red in cap space. There's nothing wrong with the NFL cap, the Eagles just frontloaded certain contracts and backloaded others, then happened into a good year.

Cap is allowed to carry over to 20 million carried over is more than enough to move, add to that (if the Eagles do not do well) Vick's 16 million will come off the books with no cap penalty.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Can't wait to watch Luck and the Colts play the Bears tomorrow!
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Don't forget that we have to resign Maclin and DRC after this year.No_Hablo_Ingles

Cap is allowed to carry over to 20 million carried over is more than enough to move, add to that (if the Eagles do not do well) Vick's 16 million will come off the books with no cap penalty.

What I'm saying, though, is that the Eagles haven't broken the cap system or gotten steals for very good players. What they have done is found a good balance of frontloading and backloading contracts so they can have multiple high-tier players on their roster at the same time because the years in which their smaller cap hits occur coincide with each other.

I'd also say calling their roster scary is a little bit of an overstatement (though I'm aware that wasn't you). They do have some talented players, but they also have some holes. They got Ryans, but they're still thin at linebacker behind him. They're a little thin at safety. Offensive line is a concern, especially with how fragile Vick can be. One of my biggest gripes, though, is getting excited about their receiving corps. They've made all these moves to get big name players on defense, but who do they have behind Maclin and DeSean? And have Maclin and DeSean proven they can get it done? When you compare their receiving corps to, say, Green Bay's, or New Orleans last year before everybody left, or even New England with their reliance on tight ends it just looks shallow. Green Bay, for example, has Jennings, Driver, Cobb, and Nelson. It's not until you get to their fourth receiver (Jones) that I start to put their corps on par with Philly, and that's because Jones drops half the balls that come his way. That's been a feature of the Eagles, in fact, going back at least to McNabb's time, maybe further, is that they never have a deep receiving corps. What bearing this has on what we were discussing is that there's a balance maintained by the cap. Sure, they've signed a big name to just about every position on defense and got a few key playmakers on offense, but it's balanced out by not having very good depth at some positions and even some weaknesses at starter at others.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 No_Hablo_Ingles
What I'm saying, though, is that the Eagles haven't broken the cap system or gotten steals for very good players. What they have done is found a good balance of frontloading and backloading contracts so they can have multiple high-tier players on their roster at the same time because the years in which their smaller cap hits occur coincide with each other.

I'd also say calling their roster scary is a little bit of an overstatement (though I'm aware that wasn't you). They do have some talented players, but they also have some holes. They got Ryans, but they're still thin at linebacker behind him. They're a little thin at safety. Offensive line is a concern, especially with how fragile Vick can be. One of my biggest gripes, though, is getting excited about their receiving corps. They've made all these moves to get big name players on defense, but who do they have behind Maclin and DeSean? And have Maclin and DeSean proven they can get it done? When you compare their receiving corps to, say, Green Bay's, or New Orleans last year before everybody left, or even New England with their reliance on tight ends it just looks shallow. Green Bay, for example, has Jennings, Driver, Cobb, and Nelson. It's not until you get to their fourth receiver (Jones) that I start to put their corps on par with Philly, and that's because Jones drops half the balls that come his way. That's been a feature of the Eagles, in fact, going back at least to McNabb's time, maybe further, is that they never have a deep receiving corps. What bearing this has on what we were discussing is that there's a balance maintained by the cap. Sure, they've signed a big name to just about every position on defense and got a few key playmakers on offense, but it's balanced out by not having very good depth at some positions and even some weaknesses at starter at others.

theone86
I Gotcha. For one, I don't want to be like the Pats, Saints, or Packers. We have something they don't have: LeSean McCoy. If we are throwing 600 times with McCoy in the backfield (even if some of those passes were going to McCoy) I would want whoever calls offensive plays fired. I wouldn't call a trio of Maclin, DeSean and Avant weak. They certainly aren't GB caliber, but they are more than a solid trio. There can't be more than 10 other trios that are better in the NFL (NE, GB, NO, ATL, maybe Dallas and NY are the only ones that come to mind, probably forgetting a team or two). For the record, I didn't call their roster scary. I think we are talented, no doubt, and our weakness are overstated, but our team doesn't really strike fear in other teams (well... maybe our DLine does). I wish we had an enforcer... I miss B-Dawk.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Eagles have the most cap room in the NFL http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/eagles-lead-the-way-in-regular-season-cap-space/ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/ Where is that Cowboy fan who said that we were hurting our long term by signing the likes of Babin/Nnamdi/etc.?deuce4eva

Yeah, having all that cap room for an 8-8 team sure is scary!
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="deuce4eva"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Eagles have the most cap room in the NFL http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/eagles-lead-the-way-in-regular-season-cap-space/http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/ Where is that Cowboy fan who said that we were hurting our long term by signing the likes of Babin/Nnamdi/etc.?monkeytoes61

Yeah, having all that cap room for an 8-8 team sure is scary!

You predict the Eagles are going to be 8-8 THIS year? Willing to bet on that >.>
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 theone86

I Gotcha. For one, I don't want to be like the Pats, Saints, or Packers. We have something they don't have: LeSean McCoy. If we are throwing 600 times with McCoy in the backfield (even if some of those passes were going to McCoy) I would want whoever calls offensive plays fired. I wouldn't call a trio of Maclin, DeSean and Avant weak. They certainly aren't GB caliber, but they are more than a solid trio. There can't be more than 10 other trios that are better in the NFL (NE, GB, NO, ATL, maybe Dallas and NY are the only ones that come to mind, probably forgetting a team or two). For the record, I didn't call their roster scary. I think we are talented, no doubt, and our weakness are overstated, but our team doesn't really strike fear in other teams (well... maybe our DLine does). I wish we had an enforcer... I miss B-Dawk.No_Hablo_Ingles

I don't think the receiving corps is weak, I just think it drops off after Maclin and DeSean. Avant is solid, dunno if he can make as big a difference as a third receiver as Jordy Nelson or Laurent Robinson though. But yeah, they have a big upside and they do need to get Shady his reps.

You predict the Eagles are going to be 8-8 THIS year? Willing to bet on that >.>No_Hablo_Ingles

I was thoroughly impressed with Dallas' corners the other day. Given that, I'd say it's a distinct possibility, though even if Dallas sweeps you, you could still end up winning four divisional games and who knows how many outside the division.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 No_Hablo_Ingles
I was thoroughly impressed with Dallas' corners the other day. Given that, I'd say it's a distinct possibility, though even if Dallas sweeps you, you could still end up winning four divisional games and who knows how many outside the division.theone86
You haven't even seen the Eagles yet. Since the Cowboys have yet to beat Vick starting for the Eagles, I'll stick with my team until proven otherwise.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]I was thoroughly impressed with Dallas' corners the other day. Given that, I'd say it's a distinct possibility, though even if Dallas sweeps you, you could still end up winning four divisional games and who knows how many outside the division.No_Hablo_Ingles
You haven't even seen the Eagles yet.

True enough, I am just going on what I've seen. I do think Dallas matches up well against the Eagles, but then again the Eagles swept Dallas last season and missed the playoffs. Dallas could sweep the Eagles and it could be the Eagles making the playoffs despite it.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Texans road to the Super Bowl starts tomorrow :D
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="theone86"]I was thoroughly impressed with Dallas' corners the other day. Given that, I'd say it's a distinct possibility, though even if Dallas sweeps you, you could still end up winning four divisional games and who knows how many outside the division.theone86

You haven't even seen the Eagles yet.

True enough, I am just going on what I've seen. I do think Dallas matches up well against the Eagles, but then again the Eagles swept Dallas last season and missed the playoffs. Dallas could sweep the Eagles and it could be the Eagles making the playoffs despite it.

They really don't match up well, IMO (maybe the two corners change that, but I have to wait and see. DeSean Jackson isn't like Nicks or Cruz... he is a blazer). Sorry, I don't see it (probably because I'm bias). Dallas scored a grand total of 14 points in two matchups against the Eagles. But it's a new year... hope we get new results (Superbowl, maybe >.>)
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] By crying when their team loses by 40.

Nah, 21.

How about 28? 31 if it rains or snows.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] Nah, 21.

Yeah, 28 sounds about right (Completely ignore this post if the Eagles manage to lose to the Browns)
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] split the difference at 30.

Yeah, 28 sounds about right (Completely ignore this post if the Eagles manage to lose to the Browns)

What post? I don't see anything..
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] You haven't even seen the Eagles yet. No_Hablo_Ingles

They really don't match up well, IMO (maybe the two corners change that, but I have to wait and see. DeSean Jackson isn't like Nicks or Cruz... he is a blazer). Sorry, I don't see it (probably because I'm bias). Dallas scored a grand total of 14 points in two matchups against the Eagles. But it's a new year... hope we get new results (Superbowl, maybe >.>)

Just because he's a burner doesn't mean he can beat those corners. Cruz is a burner too and he got shut down (though admittedly a lot of that is on him). That, and Ogletree had a big game. Bryant looked pretty decent, and Murray established the run well. If Miles Austin can get it together they could have a more potent offense. I'm sorry, I just like what I see from Dallas, though like you said I haven't seen anything form Philly yet this year. And Dallas' O-line was complete sh*t, so there's that going for you as well.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 No_Hablo_Ingles
Didn't say he could, saying he's a different type of receiver, and Dallas (before this point) has played him differently then Nick or Cruz (Their corners play like 20 yards deep...). As you said, Dallas O-Line is pretty bad... and Philly's D-Line got 46 sacks last year...
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#227 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Looking forward to the Packers game tomorrow. I'll have to record it due to work, so I won't be on for most the day if I'm even on at all.
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Dallas scored a grand total of 14 points in two matchups against the Eagles.No_Hablo_Ingles

Romo basically didn't play for the 2nd of those games... and I'd say that is a big factor. Eagles were all over the Cowboys their first meeting yes, but who knows which Romo would show up if he didn't get hurt the second game, the one that was harassed the whole first game, or the Romo that makes plays happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#229 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Can't wait for 1 PM.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
I will have multiple tabs open so I can view the scores in all of my leagues. :P
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Dallas scored a grand total of 14 points in two matchups against the Eagles.Major_Snake

Romo basically didn't play for the 2nd of those games... and I'd say that is a big factor. Eagles were all over the Cowboys their first meeting yes, but who knows which Romo would show up if he didn't get hurt the second game, the one that was harassed the whole first game, or the Romo that makes plays happen.

Romo played in the entire first game (His TD pass came in the 4th), and we knocked him out in the second (although I think he would have played if the game meant anything. Him being harassed all game isn't up to him, he will be. We have one of the (if not the) best D-Lines in football and we are 9 deep.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 No_Hablo_Ingles
I will have multiple tabs open so I can view the scores in all of my leagues. :P Swanogt19
I'm playing in several league, but honestly only care about the Gamespot one.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]I will have multiple tabs open so I can view the scores in all of my leagues. :P No_Hablo_Ingles
I'm playing in several league, but honestly only care about the Gamespot one.

Only in one Gamespot union one.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 The-Apostle

Can't wait for 1 PM.

sherman-tank1
Can't wait until I get home from work so I can watch recorded Packers. :D
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#235 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Sundays is when I click the refresh button on my fantasy matchup. :P

Anyways I hope the Skins can pull an upset.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
LOL @ philly with this turnover **** already, what was Vick thinking with that throw.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Seabas989

RGIII to Garcon. TD! :D

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 No_Hablo_Ingles
LOL @ philly with this turnover **** already, what was Vick thinking with that throw.-Halftime-
... not again
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Brady passes for career 301 TD pass, surpasses Elway for #5 All-time.

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Major_Snake

[QUOTE="Major_Snake"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Dallas scored a grand total of 14 points in two matchups against the Eagles.No_Hablo_Ingles

Romo played in the entire first game (His TD pass came in the 4th), and we knocked him out in the second (although I think he would have played if the game meant anything. Him being harassed all game isn't up to him, he will be. We have one of the (if not the) best D-Lines in football and we are 9 deep.

The Giants have a way better Dline and look what happened to them. Romo is elusive y'know.

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts

D3s7rUc71oN
He'll be #4 before this season is over
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Major_Snake"]

Major_Snake

The Giants have a way better Dline and look what happened to them. Romo is elusive y'know.

Way better? No, that is absurd. Also, they lack the Eagles depth at the position.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

fastr

He'll be #4 before this season is over

342 is #4 , most likely if they get deep in the playoffs. He's going to most likely surpass Dan Marino's 420 before he retires.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 monkeytoes61
Me3x12 is going to make some thread about Robert Griffin within the next hour, I know it.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Seabas989

Me3x12 is going to make some thread about Robert Griffin within the next hour, I know it.monkeytoes61

Can everyone please ignore him.

Anyways I am very impressed by RGIII so far. Only mistake I can think of is when throwing a screen pass, don't throw it behind the reciever. Good thing it was caught.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Kurt Coleman just got owned
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 No_Hablo_Ingles
Kurt Coleman just got owned-Halftime-
My God that hit... At least they stopped him and then Ryans came up with the big 3rd down play.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Kurt Coleman just got ownedNo_Hablo_Ingles
My God that hit... At least they stopped him and then Ryans came up with the big 3rd down play.

Also, our run defense looks pretty good right now.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Can we get it together -.-

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Major_Snake

Man I feel bad for Tannehill. 3 straight possessions ending with INTs. 2 of them basically punt catches from tipped balls.