NFL: Terrelle Pryor eligible for the supplemental draft, banned 5 games.

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6873163/terrelle-pryor-eligible-nfl-sit-first-five-games

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
Unbelievable. They suspend him for violating the eligibility requirements, but still made him eligible for the draft. Maybe Goodell will start punishing players for crap they did in college but the NCAA could not, as if he didn't have enough power already. Those boys from the U better be on their toes.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

Would love for my raiders to take a shot at this guy. Would have a chance to work with on of the best offensive mids in the NFL.

bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts
Unbelievable. They suspend him for violating the eligibility requirements, but still made him eligible for the draft. Maybe Goodell will start punishing players for crap they did in college but the NCAA could not, as if he didn't have enough power already. Those boys from the U better be on their toes.TheGrat1
(Disclaimer: I could be wrong (and probably am) but...) I think the situation with Pryor is a bit different from any players that have simply 'done wrong' during their college years. It's not that Pryor screwed up, it's his attempts to circumvent any kind of punishment BY the NCAA, by jumping ship earlier than he said he would to the NFL; I think that is what has Goodell reeling and searching for any equitable punishment. Especially seeing as he's searching for a supplemental draft to be his saving grace. I mean, heck, Pryor could go to the UFL, CFL, AFL or any other acronym for non NFL football league and Goodell would probably care little for enacting any punishment. But with publicity/the court of public opinion potentially breathing down his neck, and considering most NFL players get reamed for issues far more benign than lying to league officials or being on the receiving end of inappropriate funds, five games is a being let off lightly.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Unbelievable. They suspend him for violating the eligibility requirements, but still made him eligible for the draft. Maybe Goodell will start punishing players for crap they did in college but the NCAA could not, as if he didn't have enough power already. Those boys from the U better be on their toes.bigdcstile
(Disclaimer: I could be wrong (and probably am) but...) I think the situation with Pryor is a bit different from any players that have simply 'done wrong' during their college years. It's not that Pryor screwed up, it's his attempts to circumvent any kind of punishment BY the NCAA, by jumping ship earlier than he said he would to the NFL; I think that is what has Goodell reeling and searching for any equitable punishment. Especially seeing as he's searching for a supplemental draft to be his saving grace. I mean, heck, Pryor could go to the UFL, CFL, AFL or any other acronym for non NFL football league and Goodell would probably care little for enacting any punishment. But with publicity/the court of public opinion potentially breathing down his neck, and considering most NFL players get reamed for issues far more benign than lying to league officials or being on the receiving end of inappropriate funds, five games is a being let off lightly.

Then don't make him eligible for the draft.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50604 Posts

Would love for my raiders to take a shot at this guy. Would have a chance to work with on of the best offensive mids in the NFL.

i5750at4Ghz
You realize he sucks, right?
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

Chutebox

He doesn't even come close to sucking. He was a better college player than all but one of the first round picks this year.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

i5750at4Ghz

He doesn't even come close to sucking.

He's not a good quarterback. He wasn't in the NCAA, there is no way he will be in the NFL. I can see a team picking him up for another position, but not quarterback.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] You realize he sucks, right?

He doesn't even come close to sucking.

He's not a good quarterback. He wasn't in the NCAA, there is no way he will be in the NFL. I can see a team picking him up for another position, but not quarterback.

Are you crazy? Did you not watch college football a year ago? The only thing you could call his season was great. Much better than Locker or Gabbert.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox

i5750at4Ghz

He doesn't even come close to sucking. He was a better college player than all but one of the first round picks this year.

Oh God, I hope the Raiders get him haha.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] You realize he sucks, right?Chutebox

No I would really love to hear your reasons. Cause right now I just think your full of BS. No doubt if hes part of the draft he's the second QB taken.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] He doesn't even come close to sucking. He was a better college player than all but one of the first round picks this year.

i5750at4Ghz

No I would really love to hear your reasons. Cause right now I just think your full of BS. No doubt if hes part of the draft he's the second QB taken.

Because he isn't accurate at all. He isn't a QB to sit in the pocket and throw the ball. I guess Raider fans didn't learn from Russell. Have at it!
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Oh God, I hope the Raiders get him haha.Chutebox

Because he isn't accurate at all. He isn't a QB to sit in the pocket and throw the ball. I guess Raider fans didn't learn from Russell. Have at it!

Well thats complete BS. If you watch any film on him you would know he sits in the pocket quite a bit. His short ball accuracy needs work, but nobody in the NCAA including newton threw a better deep ball. Even still his short ball is far more accurate than that of Locker who is all over the place with his passes.

He plays nothing like Russell. They aren't even comparable in anyway.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] No I would really love to hear your reasons. Cause right now I just think your full of BS. No doubt if hes part of the draft he's the second QB taken.

i5750at4Ghz

Well thats complete BS. If you watch any film on him you would know he sits in the pocket quite a bit. His short ball accuracy needs work, but nobody in the NCAA including newton threw a better deep ball.

I've watched plenty from him. I love college football. I've seen enough to know he's going to suck.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Because he isn't accurate at all. He isn't a QB to sit in the pocket and throw the ball. I guess Raider fans didn't learn from Russell. Have at it!Chutebox

Well thats complete BS. If you watch any film on him you would know he sits in the pocket quite a bit. His short ball accuracy needs work, but nobody in the NCAA including newton threw a better deep ball.

I've watched plenty from him. I love college football. I've seen enough to know he's going to suck.

Then you know very little.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Well thats complete BS. If you watch any film on him you would know he sits in the pocket quite a bit. His short ball accuracy needs work, but nobody in the NCAA including newton threw a better deep ball.

i5750at4Ghz

You're right. I hope raiders do pick him up. Would be hilarious.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] I've watched plenty from him. I love college football. I've seen enough to know he's going to suck.Chutebox

I know I'm right. Question. Before he got caught SELLING HIS OWN STUFF. What negatives did you hear about him?
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

What kind of precedent is being established, now that the NFL is punishing a player for things he did in college? Is a suspension coming for Reggie Bush? How about Devin Hester, Vince Wilfork, Jonathan Vilma, Frank Gore, Kellen Winslow, Willis McGahee, Vernon Carey, and everyone else named in the Miami scandal? How about NFL coaches who coached college teams guilty of violations (Pete Carroll), but bolted before NCAA penalties ever got handed down, leaving their successors to pay the price?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Then you know very little.i5750at4Ghz

I know I'm right. Question. Before he got caught SELLING HIS OWN STUFF. What negatives did you hear about him?

I already told you...and this is from watching games. Not listening to "experts" talk about him. Talk to OSU fans about him, then get back to me.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] You're right. I hope raiders do pick him up. Would be hilarious.

Chutebox

I already told you...and this is from watching games. Not listening to "experts" talk about him. Talk to OSU fans about him, then get back to me.

Well I guess you simply don't know the game very well. If you think he isn't an NFL QB, I;m not sure any college QB will live up to your standards.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] I know I'm right. Question. Before he got caught SELLING HIS OWN STUFF. What negatives did you hear about him?i5750at4Ghz

Well I guess you simply don't know the game very well. If you think he isn't an NFL QB, I;m not sure any college QB will live up to your standards.

Keep throwing insults buddy. I'm an avid college football watcher and I know him perfectly well as do OSU fans. Notice how you haven't said anything about him? That's right. I'll leave his future play to do the talking. No need to educate you further.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SF_KiLLaMaN
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] He doesn't even come close to sucking.

Are you crazy? Did you not watch college football a year ago? The only thing you could call his season was great. Much better than Locker or Gabbert.

I did watch college football, and it was easy to notice that he would be an awful quarterback in the NFL. He is a better athlete than quarterback. Sure he had a good season, but it is in the NCAA. The competition is very unbalanced in favor of big schools and you don't need nearly as much skill to play quarterback in the NCAA. He isn't accurate enough nor is he good enough in the pocket to play in the NFL. Denard Robinson had a great season at Michigan, but no way will he be a good NFL quarterback.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
Pryor probably fits best at the WR position or something. I'm sure he'll be drafted as a QB and his team will try to develop him at the position, but I just don't see him being successful as a QB. He's too dumb, lacks accuracy and does not even have that much experience passing. His passing game was held back a lot as a freshman and sophomore.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
He ran an unofficial 4.41 forty yard dash at his pro day. The only way he could ever get a shot at QB is if a team like Buffalo or Washington drafts him. Even then, though, I think his chances of succeeding are much better at WR.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 i5750at4Ghz

Raiders at his pro day, just ran a 4.38 40. Thats faster than any QB ever. I don't see how you can pass on that.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 i5750at4Ghz
"AlbertBreer Albert Breer Pryor completed 27-of-39 throws to moving targets. I counted 4 drops. At the end, Rosenhaus asked if scouts wanted to see any other throws." Bet he goes in the 1st round.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SF_KiLLaMaN

Raiders at his pro day, just ran a 4.38 40. Thats faster than any QB ever. I don't see how you can pass on that.

i5750at4Ghz
lol. You need A LOT more than speed to be a QB in the NFL.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

Tell that to Vick. He barely passed his first few years and every defense in the NFL feared him. Taking his team to the playoffs 4 times out of the 4 years he started.

Vick ran a 4.36 Pryon is right on his ass.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

i5750at4Ghz

Tell that to Vick. He barely passed his first few years and every defense in the NFL feared him. Taking his team to the playoffs 4 times out of the 4 years he started.

To be fair, Vick had a much better arm and had better accuracy than Pryor has. Also, naming only 1 QB that has won that way in the enitre history of the league really doesn't help his case.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] lol. You need A LOT more than speed to be a QB in the NFL. SF_KiLLaMaN

To be fair, Vick had a much better arm and had better accuracy than Pryor has. Also, naming only 1 QB that has won that way in the enitre history of the league really doesn't help his case.

There haven't been any players like him before other than Vick.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SF_KiLLaMaN

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Tell that to Vick. He barely passed his first few years and every defense in the NFL feared him. Taking his team to the playoffs 4 times out of the 4 years he started.i5750at4Ghz

Really? There haven't been any other scrambling and running quarterbacks coming out of the NCAA? If you said there haven't been any other successful ones besides Vick, you would be right. Pryor isn't anything special, he is just another scrambling and running quarterback that made it big in the NCAA. Having only one person like him succeed in the NFL really doesn't help his case much.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] To be fair, Vick had a much better arm and had better accuracy than Pryor has. Also, naming only 1 QB that has won that way in the enitre history of the league really doesn't help his case.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Really? There haven't been any other scrambling and running quarterbacks coming out of the NCAA? If you said there haven't been any other successful ones besides Vick, you would be right. Pryor isn't anything special, he is just another scrambling and running quarterback that made it big in the NCAA. Having only one person like him succeed in the NFL really doesn't help his case much.

If you're talking about just scramblers then you have, Montana, Young, Cunningham, big ben, Mcnabb, Stabler, Elway ect. I thought you meant scramblers with game breaking speed.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SF_KiLLaMaN
[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] There haven't been any players like him before other than Vick.i5750at4Ghz

If you're talking about just scramblers then you have, Montana, Young, Cunningham, big ben, Mcnabb, Stabler, Elway ect. I thought you meant scramblers with game breaking speed.

I meant quarterbacks that relied on their speed and scrambling ability more than their passing ability like Vick did and like Pryor would have to. All of those quarterbacks you names had great accuracy and could throw the ball well. Pryor is not accurate. In the NCAA Pryor could get away with his mediocre accuracy, but he won't be able to in the NFL.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] Really? There haven't been any other scrambling and running quarterbacks coming out of the NCAA? If you said there haven't been any other successful ones besides Vick, you would be right. Pryor isn't anything special, he is just another scrambling and running quarterback that made it big in the NCAA. Having only one person like him succeed in the NFL really doesn't help his case much.

SF_KiLLaMaN

I meant quarterbacks that relied on their speed and scrambling ability more than their passing ability like Vick did and like Pryor would have to. All of those quarterbacks you names had great accuracy and could throw the ball well. Pryor is not accurate. In the NCAA Pryor could get away with his mediocre accuracy, but he won't be able to in the NFL.

Thats just not true, Elway for example was never a pin point passer. Really all he was is a slow Vick. Only QB I listed who was a pin point passer was Young, and maybe Montana.

You're young huh? Did you watch any of these guys play in there prime?

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

this is too funny, big deal he ran 4.38, so he's going to be some1 because of that time? i'm sorry but if any1 goes off of stats and think some1 is going to make it clearly have no idea what they're talking about, nevertheless i can't wait to see what idiotic team picks him, the guy can't be trusted and is nothing more than a diva like baldwin in kc

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chutebox

Pryor's agent said that he will play any position teams want him as.

What does that tell you about their confidence in his ability to play QB? Ya, and I don't know my **** .....

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 i5750at4Ghz

What does that tell you about their confidence in his ability to play QB? Ya, and I don't know my **** .....

Chutebox

It tells you he simply wants a chance to play football. If anything him saying that is a good sign not a bad one. And no you don't know ****

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

i5750at4Ghz

It tells you he simply wants a chance to play football. If anything him saying that is a good sign not a bad one. And no you don't know ****

Hahaha, you don't know **** sir! He is going to be a horrible QB, if he even gets a chance to play QB as he and his agent know better.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I also hope the Raiders get him, he will be another flop QB in the NFL.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox
I also hope the Raiders get him, he will be another flop QB in the NFL.X360PS3AMD05
But he can run fast!!!11
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Chutebox

Hahaha, you don't know **** sir! He is going to be a horrible QB, if he even gets a chance to play QB as he and his agent know better.

Only time will tell. I still don't know what you're basing this off. Cause his game surely says otherwise. An interesting stat. Say what you will about stats not meaning anything, but numbers don't lie. "Passing TDs is first 3 seasons of college football: Terrelle Pyror-56, Donovan McNabb-55, John Elway and Peyton Manning-53, Matthew Stafford-51, Josh Freeman-44, Matt Ryan-56 [4 years], Josh Freeman-44. Pryor had fewer pass attempts [783] than all but McNabb."
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 i5750at4Ghz
I also hope the Raiders get him, he will be another flop QB in the NFL.X360PS3AMD05
Based on what exactly, you're imagination?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]I also hope the Raiders get him, he will be another flop QB in the NFL.i5750at4Ghz

Everyone has already told you why yet you continue to ignore it. Why should we keep saying it over and over again? Time will tell, and I'll be here laughing...unless Redskins are stupid enough to pick him up. Then i'll be pissed.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]I also hope the Raiders get him, he will be another flop QB in the NFL.Chutebox

Everyone has already told you why yet you continue to ignore it. Why should we keep saying it over and over again? Time will tell, and I'll be here laughing...unless Redskins are stupid enough to pick him up. Then i'll be pissed.

You said he isn't accurate and doesn't sit in the pocket, both of which aren't true. His footwork is his only major issue. He played in a pro style offense unlike most college QBs, he spent alot of time in the pocket and under center. If Tebow is a first rounder no doubt Pryor is.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] It tells you he simply wants a chance to play football. If anything him saying that is a good sign not a bad one. And no you don't know ****

i5750at4Ghz

Only time will tell. I still don't know what you're basing this off. Cause his game surely says otherwise. An interesting stat. Say what you will about stats not meaning anything, but numbers don't lie. "Passing TDs is first 3 seasons of college football: Terrelle Pyror-56, Donovan McNabb-55, John Elway and Peyton Manning-53, Matthew Stafford-51, Josh Freeman-44, Matt Ryan-56 [4 years], Josh Freeman-44. Pryor had fewer pass attempts [783] than all but McNabb."

Do you want to know WHY he has fewer pass attempts than all of them but McNabb? Because he can't stay in the pocket and wants to run first. That's not what an NFL QB does. That's exactly why Tebow will not be a successful starter in the NFL.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Hahaha, you don't know **** sir! He is going to be a horrible QB, if he even gets a chance to play QB as he and his agent know better.

GodofBigMacs

Do you want to know WHY he has fewer pass attempts than all of them but McNabb? Because he can't stay in the pocket and wants to run first. That's not what an NFL QB does. That's exactly why Tebow will not be a successful starter in the NFL.

That again isn't true. Very rarely does he run simply to run. Most of his runs are by design. I'm beginning to really question if you've ever seen him play.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#47 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

i5750at4Ghz

Good college player =/= good NFL player.
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]I also hope the Raiders get him, he will be another flop QB in the NFL.i5750at4Ghz

You really want to defend this guy? He was decent against scrub teams and mediocre against the good ones. He's fast and... well that's it. A crappy speed player is the last thing Oakland needs. Heyward Bey and Chaz Schillens say hi.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox

I'm beginning to really question if you've ever seen him play.

i5750at4Ghz

Funny, I've been thinking the same about you.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]I also hope the Raiders get him, he will be another flop QB in the NFL.Spellingiscool

You really want to defend this guy? He was decent against scrub teams and mediocre against the good ones. He's fast and... well that's it. A crappy speed player is the last thing Oakland needs. Heyward Bey and Chaz Schillens say hi.

Chaz Schillens is a fine WR, his on the field play is great. He's simply always hurt. Bey is just trash, but what player on the Raiders isn't a speed demon?