Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend? Yeah, she's fake.

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

My reaction to all this.

College Football these past couple seasons have not been about playing the game of football.

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Hearing stories that his teammates knew she wasn't real but he played along because he liked the attention LOL. Things are not looking good for him.

Like it matters really LOL

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#53 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

My reaction to all this.

College Football these past couple seasons have not been about playing the game of football.

Seabas989
+1 for posting Vince Lombardi's best line ever. Whenever I say "What the hell is going on out here?", I say it like he did.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

ESPN trying to act like those on Deadspin and Twitter etc. are complete monsters for talking about this guy, yeah how dare Deadspin actually do in-depth journalism?!

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Seabas989

ESPN trying to act like those on Deadspin and Twitter etc. are complete monsters for talking about this guy, yeah how dare Deadspin actually do in-depth journalism?!

CJL13

Sounds like damage control. ESPN and the other sports news outlet should all feel embarrassed.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/17/3187837/teo-mentioned-girlfriend-twice.html

And to think I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

*Cough*Loser*Cough*

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts

\.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

[QUOTE="CJL13"]

Seabas989

Sounds like damage control. ESPN and the other sports news outlet should all feel embarrassed.

Pretty much this.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Notre Dame are just wastes, nothing new
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#60 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

They finally found Te'o's girlfriend.

Lennay! LENNAY!!! LENNAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

CJL13

When ESPN finds something out: "Should we report on this or would it hurt the narrative that we're pushing? If it would hurt the narrative then pretend it never happened." FFS they knew about this story before Deadspin reported it.

Plus, I'm not sure the company that employs Skip Bayless has any room to talk about journalistic integrity.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

\.

Chutebox
I laughed
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
Why is this even news. Why do people even care?
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 monkeytoes61
 :lol:
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
^^^ LMFAO :lol:
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
^^^ LMFAO :lol:-Halftime-
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 monkeytoes61
 Haha, they keep coming.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
I'm not buying the gay theory. Making up a girlfriend seems reasonable enough, but to elaborate on the story making her a cancer patient and ultimately dead makes no sense. He wouldn't want to bring attention to his imaginary girlfriend. I can only assume it was for publicity.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Seabas989

Why is this even news. Why do people even care?FPSfan1985

Because it's funny yet bizzare at the same time. And it's a story that humilated not just Te'o but also the sports media.

Plus this guy could be a high draft pick in the NFL.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

Whether he gay or it was for publicity, guy's still a POS. There's people out there with loved ones that actually died of cancer (me being one). F*ck this dude.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#71 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="CJL13"]

I like how ESPN actually considers that he's telling the truth about being duped, like how the fvck could you believe that, did they even read the report?

Chutebox

They don't really believe it. Just making sure to defend America's Christian School. Kinda like how they knew ND was going to get trounced by Bama and yet spent a month trying to convince viewers that it would be a close game.

You really believe all that?

If Jim Jones can convince that many people to partake in his kool-aid concoction, then it shouldn't be surprising that one person can actually believe that its ESPN, ND, and the World versus him.

Drink up.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GamerForca

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="GamerForca"] They don't really believe it. Just making sure to defend America's Christian School. Kinda like how they knew ND was going to get trounced by Bama and yet spent a month trying to convince viewers that it would be a close game.white_sox

You really believe all that?

If Jim Jones can convince that many people to partake in his kool-aid concoction, then it shouldn't be surprising that one person can actually believe that its ESPN, ND, and the World versus him.

Drink up.

LMAO. 42-14 and still talking trash. You're a waste.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 white_sox
[QUOTE="GamerForca"] LMAO. 42-14 and still talking trash. You're a waste.

This thread has nothing to do with the BCS game. Shouldn't you be preparing your tinfoil hat and tuning into Alex Jones right about now?
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GamerForca
[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="GamerForca"] LMAO. 42-14 and still talking trash. You're a waste.

This thread has nothing to do with the BCS game. Shouldn't you be preparing your tinfoil hat and tuning into Alex Jones right about now?

Who the f*ck is Alex Jones, and what does he have to do with the Te'o story? And your last post had nothing to do with the topic either, you waste. But since you're so worried about staying on topic, then let's see you concoct a defense for the most overrated player in college football. I mean, Notre Dame doesn't lie to protect its program, right, so there's got to be a reasonable explanation for all this. :lol:
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 white_sox

Who the f*ck is Alex Jones, and what does he have to do with the Te'o story? And your last post had nothing to do with the topic either, you waste. But since you're so worried about staying on topic, then let's see you concoct a defense for the most overrated player in college football. I mean, Notre Dame doesn't lie to protect its program, right, so there's got to be a reasonable explanation for all this. :lol:GamerForca

What is there to defend?

• I don't know the details of the story
  • I don't personally know any of the people involved

You seem to know it all and you're already complaining about ESPN under-reporting the story. God forbid we give it a day to actually find out what happened before condemning the person and in your case, the University and any sports network that doesn't make him out to be satan reincarnate.

Clearly you're still bitter about the media coverage ND gets...

And yet Jarvis Jones fought real diversity (his brother was murdered), but the national media never said sh*t about that. Really time to take those awards from Te'o, he sucks and his sob story was a bunch of BS. GamerForca

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Whether he gay or it was for publicity, guy's still a POS. There's people out there with loved ones that actually died of cancer (me being one). F*ck this dude.

36Ounces

I wouldn't get that bothered until the whole truth comes out

Then everyone can start being bothered by it all

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GamerForca
LOL, once again claiming that I give a sh*t about ND, get over yourself. All I do is point out that your program is full of crap (which it is), and time and again I'm proven correct. I've done the same thing to Alabama and USC (among other programs) on here and yet you're the only one who pulls this "you just jealous" crap. Hell, I've attacked my own program on multiple occasions, specifically the coaching staff. I might as well call myself bitter. Again, get over yourself. Te'o deserves every bit of criticism he gets, we now know he was lying about his girlfriend even after he allegedly told the school she didn't exist, and telling the world your girlfriend died of cancer is a CLASSLESS and borderline psychopathic way of garnering Heisman votes. He basically stole awards from better college athletes.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Chutebox

Link

Getting interesting.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 white_sox

LOL, once again claiming that I give a sh*t about ND, get over yourself. All I do is point out that your program is full of crap (which it is), and time and again I'm proven correct. I've done the same thing to Alabama and USC (among other programs) on here and yet you're the only one who pulls this "you just jealous" crap. Hell, I've attacked my own program on multiple occasions, specifically the coaching staff. I might as well call myself bitter. Again, get over yourself.Te'o deserves every bit of criticism he gets, we now know he was lying about his girlfriend even after he allegedly told the school she didn't exist, and telling the world your girlfriend died of cancer is a CLASSLESS and borderline psychopathic way of garnering Heisman votes. He basically stole awards from better college athletes. GamerForca

You wouldn't make a point of comparing your program to ND if it didn't bother you. Simple as that.

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

If he was or wasn't in on the hoax, it's bad either way for him

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

If he was or wasn't in on the hoax, it's bad either way for him

Jackboot343

Truthfully though he's a linebacker. As long as he's not hurting his team on the field, insubordinate, or getting arrested do NFL teams really care that much?

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

WTF.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
https://twitter.com/ChiTribHamilton/status/292437803239886849

OK. Deep breath. Aaand: Source confirms to Trib that Manti Te'o's fake dead girlfriend said she faked her fake death to escape drug dealers.

lol this story
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Chutebox

Ok, this is just getting awesome now.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="GamerForca"] LMAO. 42-14 and still talking trash. You're a waste.GamerForca

Who the f*ck is Alex Jones, and what does he have to do with the Te'o story? And your last post had nothing to do with the topic either, you waste.

:lol: This owns.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Apparently he had an interview with Jeremy Schapp where he strongly denied any involvement and generally stuck to his guns. I think within the past 12 hours this story has gone from fringe-Tyson Zone (where Bill Simmons implied it was earlier today) to up there solidly with the other 5 (Black Sox Scandal, Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan, O.J. Simpson's murder case, the Kekich/Peterson family swap of 1973, and Tiger Wodds).

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#87 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Well this is more Tyson Zone worthy if he was in on the hoax, if he was just duped then meh.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GamerForca

You wouldn't make a point of comparing your program to ND if it didn't bother you. Simple as that.

white_sox
Talking about crap that your program does isn't comparing my program to yours. Gtfo with that crap. I couldn't possibly care less about ND, especially after that joke performance in the title game. That's the last time I'm going to say it; I'm done with your posts.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Chutebox

Link

Starting to think he is actually innocent in all of this. People had this same guy pull the same **** with their cousin.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 white_sox

Talking about crap that your program does isn't comparing my program to yours. Gtfo with that crap.GamerForca

Clearly I'm talking about media coverage, ya know, the thing I originally brought up. The thing you cried about in the other thread. "Crap your program does"...I don't even know what you are getting at. I haven't refuted/confirmed anything or given my general opinion on any f***ing thing Manti or ND has done.

I couldn't possibly care less about ND, especially after that joke performance in the title game. That's the last time I'm going to say it; I'm done with your posts. GamerForca

That's probably for the best. Your argument started to crumble when you began typing.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="white_sox"] This thread has nothing to do with the BCS game. Shouldn't you be preparing your tinfoil hat and tuning into Alex Jones right about now? Bobbles

Who the f*ck is Alex Jones, and what does he have to do with the Te'o story? And your last post had nothing to do with the topic either, you waste.

:lol: This owns.

You should consider getting that copyrighted