Madden 2012 Cover Athlete: YOU get to vote!

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"] That would be awesome if Vick was on the cover. Vick would get injured, hopefully Kolb would be traded but for a 2012 pick because of no CBA, so the Eagles would be stuck with Mike Kafka, or they could always call up Jeff Garcia

I fail to see the direct correlation between being on the cover of Madden, and Vick getting injured. Since no player has ever been on the cover twice the "curse" has already occurred thus may be ineffective.

Possibly, but you don't know that for sure. Then again Vick could get injured again like he did last year, and it may not even be the work of the curse.

Yeah, if Vick or Rogers gets on the cover and get injured during the season, I'm not sure that people should chalk that up to the Madden Curse. Rogers has had like 2 concussions, and Vick has only played all 16 games once or twice in his entire career. That being said, Vick didn't get seriously hurt after he added his new pads.
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LoseEagles1245
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] I fail to see the direct correlation between being on the cover of Madden, and Vick getting injured. Since no player has ever been on the cover twice the "curse" has already occurred thus may be ineffective.

Possibly, but you don't know that for sure. Then again Vick could get injured again like he did last year, and it may not even be the work of the curse.

Yeah, if Vick or Rogers gets on the cover and get injured during the season, I'm not sure that people should chalk that up to the Madden Curse. Rogers has had like 2 concussions, and Vick has only played all 16 games once or twice in his entire career. That being said, Vick didn't get seriously hurt after he added his new pads.

Yeah, that's definitely true. I don't really believe in the curse, but I certainly wouldn't want a Cowboys player on the cover just to be safe.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"]Possibly, but you don't know that for sure. Then again Vick could get injured again like he did last year, and it may not even be the work of the curse.LoseEagles1245

Yeah, that's definitely true. I don't really believe in the curse, but I certainly wouldn't want a Cowboys player on the cover just to be safe.

I don't think you have to worry about that, if I remember correctly Ware is going against Vick in the first round... and according to ESPN, Vick and Rogers are were winning in a blow out.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 No_Hablo_Ingles

Most people think this will be the championship

vs

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

No_Hablo_Ingles

If it's up to a fan vote, I don't see how one of those two wouldn't win.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

frostybanana

One of the things that can make it tricky is that so many people believe in the Madden Curse, that they may not vote for their favorite player and instead vote for the player they would like (or wouldn't mind) to get hurt.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 frostybanana
[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

No_Hablo_Ingles

One of the things that can make it tricky is that so many people believe in the Madden Curse, that they may not vote for their favorite player and instead vote for the player they would like (or wouldn't mind) to get hurt.

I mean, I don't think it'll have that much of an effect. They've had these fan votes before and usually the most popular players from the previous season win. Last year Brees won the fan vote and the year before that Ed Reed won. If I had to guess, I would say Vick would win the fan vote this year. His whole comeback topped off with a Madden cover is too good to pass up.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] If it's up to a fan vote, I don't see how one of those two wouldn't win.

frostybanana

I mean, I don't think it'll have that much of an effect. They've had these fan votes before and usually the most popular players from the previous season win.Last year Brees won the fan vote and the year before that Ed Reed won. If I had to guess, I would say Vick would win the fan vote this year. His whole comeback topped off with a Madden cover is too good to pass up.

Really?

I want Vick to win, but I was kind of worried that people would vote for him hoping he breaks his leg again :/

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] One of the things that can make it tricky is that so many people believe in the Madden Curse, that they may not vote for their favorite player and instead vote for the player they would like (or wouldn't mind) to get hurt.No_Hablo_Ingles

I mean, I don't think it'll have that much of an effect. They've had these fan votes before and usually the most popular players from the previous season win.Last year Brees won the fan vote and the year before that Ed Reed won. If I had to guess, I would say Vick would win the fan vote this year. His whole comeback topped off with a Madden cover is too good to pass up.

Really?

I want Vick to win, but I was kind of worried that people would vote for him hoping he breaks his leg again :/

Lol, nah. The majority of people don't believe in the curse to that degree. it's still an honor to be on the cover and people still want their favorite players on it. I really do think Vick will win. He's even more popular than he was on the Falcons and he had the best individual season of any offensive player last year (considering he was on pace for 4000 yards and 40 total TDs, good god lol) so even though Rodgers won the Super Bowl, I think Vick will win.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
I voted Vick in the first round, I'm not voting my boy to his doom.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 No_Hablo_Ingles
I voted Vick in the first round, I'm not voting my boy to his doom.Bobbles
Don't worry, Ware had no chance in hell to win against Vick in the first place.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
i dont really want to see a repeat cover but if it happens id like it to be someone like vick that was a while ago and not recent like brees or fitz or polly. overall i hope there is not a repeat cover for madden 12.
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LoseEagles1245
If Vick wins, I bet you PETA's going to protest. What a bunch of idiots. There's at least a chance Vick could get hurt because of the Curse, but they're going to demand that he be taken off the cover.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 No_Hablo_Ingles

If Vick wins, I bet you PETA's going to protest. What a bunch of idiots. There's at least a chance Vick could get hurt because of the Curse, but they're going to demand that he be taken off the cover.LoseEagles1245
PETA protest the NFL anyway since an NFL football is made of Leather.

Also, NO ONE GIVES A FLYING **** what Peta does. They are a terrible animal right organization that kills more then 90% of the animals that they get. In the last 3 years they have killed over 6,900 animals. Out of the over 2300 dogs PETA took in last year, they found homes for just 44 of them and killed the rest.

There are far more respectable animal rights organizations out there then PETA, and Vick has support from several of them.

LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LoseEagles1245

[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"]If Vick wins, I bet you PETA's going to protest. What a bunch of idiots. There's at least a chance Vick could get hurt because of the Curse, but they're going to demand that he be taken off the cover.No_Hablo_Ingles

PETA protest the NFL anyway since an NFL football is made of Leather.

Also, NO ONE GIVES A FLYING **** what Peta does. They are a terrible animal right organization that kills more then 90% of the animals that they get. In the last 3 years they have killed over 6,900 animals. Out of the over 2300 dogs PETA took in last year, they found homes for just 44 of them and killed the rest.

There are far more respectable animal rights organizations out there then PETA, and Vick has support from several of them.

Oh I totally agree with you, I'm just saying get prepared to hear it on ESPN or the local news or something because its coming.
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LoseEagles1245

HAHA, I said it would happen.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
[QUOTE="Bobbles"]I voted Vick in the first round, I'm not voting my boy to his doom.No_Hablo_Ingles
Don't worry, Ware had no chance in hell to win against Vick in the first place.

Thanks.