Madden 2012 Cover Athlete: YOU get to vote!

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

Like last year, the fans get to vote for the cover athlete of Madden 2012 except this year every team has a player in 32 player bracket much like the NCAA tournament. Well every team has a player except the awful Stinkhawks who don't have a player worth a spot, so instead they put the "12th man" for their player...sad.

Anyway, you can vote here.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
idk if i see this working out well in terms. im assuming they basically went to all these guys and already got their approval to be on the cover but what if they get a no from whomever wins the whole thing?
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
Ndamukong Suh 16th seed. Seattle doesn't even have a player, 10th seed. Explain this bull****!
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
[QUOTE="Not-A-Stalker"]Ndamukong Suh 16th seed. Seattle doesn't even have a player, 10th seed. Explain this bull****!

Suh is a beast, but is a defensive player (only 2 defensive players ever on the cover) and a Rookie. The Seahawks have no one on there team.... and their fans caused an Earthquake.
Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
I am interested to see how the Seattle 12th Man will be on the cover. Look at it this way, whoever is on the cover, the position they play is a focus in gameplay. So if they get the 12th man from Seattle, perhaps the fans and crowd will play a factor in clutch situations and such.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Now who do I want to cripple?

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
Madden 10 was supposed to have Ed Reed on the cover based on the fan vote. But they ended up putting Fitz and Polamalu on the cover instead.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
*Doesn't vote Rodgers* :D
Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

Im totally voting for O-linemens.

wornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 wornstar
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

Would love to see PWillie on the cover representing the 49ers but could do away with the potential curse issue.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 No_Hablo_Ingles
People still believe in curses...
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Madden curse + entire Seahawk fanbase = ?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Oleg_Huzwog

The city loses another sports team

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 frostybanana
People still believe in curses...No_Hablo_Ingles
lol hasn't missed yet. Garrison Hearst broke his ankle. Eddie George had a sharp decrease in performance after he appeared. Daunte Culpepper threw 23 picks and set the record for fumbles. Marshall Faulk didn't register another 1000 yard season after his. Michael Vick broke his leg. Ray Lewis injured his wrist and had an off year. Donovan McNabb tore his ACL. Shaun Alexander hurt his foot and his stats declined significantly afterwards. Vince Young sucks ass and he continued to suck ass. Also he got injured the next year. Brett Favre torn his bicep at the end of year and as a result sucked ass at the end of the year. Troy Polamalu sprained his MCL. Larry Fitzgerald is probably the only one whose really escaped the curse. But he did injure his ribs that year. Drew Brees sprained his MCL and threw 22 picks. It's the MADDEN CURSE!!!
Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

JML897

Epic lulz :lol:

LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LoseEagles1245
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts
Everyone vote Vick
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Everyone vote VickLoseEagles1245

Vick

Too late. It wouldn't be fair if he was on the cover twice. :P

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frostybanana

[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"]Everyone vote VickSeabas989

Vick

Yeah but this time he actually deserves it.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"]Everyone vote Vickfrostybanana

Vick

Maybe so but in terms of more deserving then i would go with Brady.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

Vick

Seabas989

Brady isn't in the playoff seeding thing.

CJ45_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CJ45_
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts

tb12

989 SPORTS< loved that

wornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 wornstar
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] Yeah but this time he actually deserves it.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Yes, Great Idea! Although, I hate to wish bad will or injury on anyone, I wouldn't really care if Vick carries the curse.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]People still believe in curses...frostybanana
lol hasn't missed yet. Garrison Hearst broke his ankle. Eddie George had a sharp decrease in performance after he appeared. Daunte Culpepper threw 23 picks and set the record for fumbles. Marshall Faulk didn't register another 1000 yard season after his. Michael Vick broke his leg. Ray Lewis injured his wrist and had an off year. Donovan McNabb tore his ACL. Shaun Alexander hurt his foot and his stats declined significantly afterwards. Vince Young sucks ass and he continued to suck ass. Also he got injured the next year. Brett Favre torn his bicep at the end of year and as a result sucked ass at the end of the year. Troy Polamalu sprained his MCL. Larry Fitzgerald is probably the only one whose really escaped the curse. But he did injure his ribs that year. Drew Brees sprained his MCL and threw 22 picks. It's the MADDEN CURSE!!!

You forgot Dorsey Levens. Everyone forgets him.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

wornstar

Yes, Great Idea! Although, I hate to wish bad will or injury on anyone, I wouldn't really care if Vick carries the curse.

-______- He's my teams Quarterback... and regardless of whether he is on the Cover or not, he will be fine. He now has the best Offensive line coach in all of Football doing protection schemes to keep him safe in the pocket.
Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

I voted the 12th man just because I want to see what happens if the entire Seahawk fanbase gets the curse. I'm hoping for something better than the Seahawks moving.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]People still believe in curses...The-Apostle

OMG!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! FOOTBALL PLAYERS GETTING INJURED! And it doesn't even have to be in the same year of when they were on Madden (Eddie George) or if they got injured after the season and only missed the Probowl

Some of those players played through injuries (Drew Brees), and maintained a Probowl year.

The Madden Curse is BS. Every player (except Manning) gets listed for having an injury at least once a season. Tom Brady has been listed with some minor injury for the last few years. Also, people updated their definition of the curse so it would fit about anything. OK, the Cover athlete on Madden usually just had a career year. Odds of them repeating that performance is low, and even lower when teams have an entire off season to game plan for. So a drop in stats is expected.

Many players get hurt a some point through the season (I suspect around 40%), that's a part of Football. I think Vick has played like one full season since he's been in the NFL. Point is, the curse only exist because you/we want it to exist and if you actually look back on it, it only has a 50% curse rate.

It can't be true, it just can't be :(

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 No_Hablo_Ingles
Also if Aaron Rogers gets on the cover and gets a concussion at some point through the season would we REALLY give the Madden curse credit for that? Would we really ignore the 2 concussion he had this year?
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frostybanana

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] lol hasn't missed yet. Garrison Hearst broke his ankle. Eddie George had a sharp decrease in performance after he appeared. Daunte Culpepper threw 23 picks and set the record for fumbles. Marshall Faulk didn't register another 1000 yard season after his. Michael Vick broke his leg. Ray Lewis injured his wrist and had an off year. Donovan McNabb tore his ACL. Shaun Alexander hurt his foot and his stats declined significantly afterwards. Vince Young sucks ass and he continued to suck ass. Also he got injured the next year. Brett Favre torn his bicep at the end of year and as a result sucked ass at the end of the year. Troy Polamalu sprained his MCL. Larry Fitzgerald is probably the only one whose really escaped the curse. But he did injure his ribs that year. Drew Brees sprained his MCL and threw 22 picks. It's the MADDEN CURSE!!!No_Hablo_Ingles

OMG!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! FOOTBALL PLAYERS GETTING INJURED! And it doesn't even have to be in the same year of when they were on Madden (Eddie George) or if they got injured after the season and only missed the Probowl

Some of those players played through injuries (Drew Brees), and maintained a Probowl year.

The Madden Curse is BS. Every player (except Manning) gets listed for having an injury at least once a season. Tom Brady has been listed with some minor injury for the last few years. Also, people updated their definition of the curse so it would fit about anything. OK, the Cover athlete on Madden usually just had a career year. Odds of them repeating that performance is low, and even lower when teams have an entire off season to game plan for. So a drop in stats is expected.

Many players get hurt a some point through the season (I suspect around 40%), that's a part of Football. I think Vick has played like one full season since he's been in the NFL. Point is, the curse only exist because you/we want it to exist and if you actually look back on it, it only has a 50% curse rate.

It can't be true, it just can't be :(

No, it has a much higher success rate than that. It's not JUST about getting injured. It's about a significant drop off in production the year the player appears on the cover. Eddie George, after appearing on the cover, dipped from 1500 yards to 900 yards. All the while averaging 3.0 yards a carry (which is beyond abysmal.) And after appearing he was never an effective runner again. Fitzgerald is the only one who you can make an argument wasn't affected by the curse, even though he DID injure his ribs. But his production was steady and he played all his games, except the Pro Bowl. The difference is 1) he was on the cover with Polamalu and 2) he is the only cover athlete to acknowledge the existence of the curse. Everyone else dismissed it. So maybe he was just that much more careful. Drew Brees threw 22 picks, had an average passer rating (90.9) and the Saints lost in the first round of the playoffs to the Seahawks. That has curse written all over it. Drops in statistics are expected but not at that level of significance. 50% curse rate is so off. Look at all the players I listed. ALL of them have been affected in some way (besides Fitz maybe). But I guess Troy Polamalu just HAPPENED to play the least amount of games in his career after he appeared on the cover. Everyone one of those players had an off year, there's no denying that. Just look at the stats. You don't have to believe in the curse. It's not meant to be logical. But sports and superstitions go hand in hand. That's why people wear their lucky shirt under their pads or wear their socks inside out.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#29 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Haha, Seattle has so few recognizable players, they just have the 12h man. I'd be down for that though.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 monkeytoes61

Like last year, the fans get to vote for the cover athlete of Madden 2012 except this year every team has a player in 32 player bracket much like the NCAA tournament. Well every team has a player except the awful Stinkhawks who don't have a player worth a spot, so instead they put the "12th man" for their player...sad.

Anyway, you can vote here.

Bobbles

Wait, so how many playoff games did the Cowboys win this year? :P

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 No_Hablo_Ingles
So lets see what the Madden Curse covers - Getting injured at all doing that year (regardless of how severe the injury was, and if they missed any games - Getting injured a year after you appeared on the cover (Eddie George and Garrison Hearst had career years the year they were on the cover and got injured the next year) - Having a "down" year (subjective) - Failing to make the Playoffs - Failing in the Playoffs - Or Stat Cherry-Picking (Ray Lewis not getting an INT the year he was on the cover, really?) I can not tell you one players who that at least one of those do not apply to. The Madden Curse covers far too many things for me to ever accept it as an existing curse. If every player who was on the cover got injured for a significant amount of time, then maybe I would accept it. If everyone on the cover had significant down years the year they were on the cover I would accept it. If everyone on the cover never had a career afterward, then I would accept it. But it covers everything, some of which is subjective. Eddie George had by far his greatest year as a Running Back the year he was on the cover and his drop in production is probably the same as Jamal Anderson; too many carries + leg injury = Ruined NFL career for Running Backs. Garrison Hearst also had a great year the year he was on the cover Number of players who missed significant amount of time (3 or more games) the year they were on Madden*- 6 out of 15 (Culpepper, Faulk, Vick, McNabb, Alexander, and Polamalu). *Not including Barry Sanders
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 frostybanana
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]So lets see what the Madden Curse covers - Getting injured at all doing that year (regardless of how severe the injury was, and if they missed any games - Getting injured a year after you appeared on the cover (Eddie George and Garrison Hearst had career years the year they were on the cover and got injured the next year) - Having a "down" year (subjective) - Failing to make the Playoffs - Failing in the Playoffs - Or Stat Cherry-Picking (Ray Lewis not getting an INT the year he was on the cover, really?) I can not tell you one players who that at least one of those do not apply to. The Madden Curse covers far too many things for me to ever accept it as an existing curse. If every player who was on the cover got injured for a significant amount of time, then maybe I would accept it. If everyone on the cover had significant down years the year they were on the cover I would accept it. If everyone on the cover never had a career afterward, then I would accept it. But it covers everything, some of which is subjective. Eddie George had by far his greatest year as a Running Back the year he was on the cover and his drop in production is probably the same as Jamal Anderson; too many carries + leg injury = Ruined NFL career for Running Backs. Garrison Hearst also had a great year the year he was on the cover Number of players who missed significant amount of time (3 or more games) the year they were on Madden*- 6 out of 15 (Culpepper, Faulk, Vick, McNabb, Alexander, and Polamalu). *Not including Barry Sanders

Having a down year is not subjective. Look at the numbers and then come talk. Any Ravens fan will tell you Ray Lewis had an off year. The number of tackles a person gets is an overrated stat. Lewis underperformed as did the defense as a whole after he made the cover. He also had a serious wrist injury at the end of the year. It's not stat cherry picking, Jesus Christ. Look at the numbers. You're crazy if you think there isn't a consistent pattern of underperforming. Even people who don't believe the curse acknowledge that it's a trend. That isn't something people normally debate. Like I said, you don't have to believe the curse but the numbers are there and disputing that fact doesn't make sense because the proof is in the pudding. Eddie George did not have a good year the year he was on the cover. He only made the cover after he rushed for 1500 yards, not before. That is also true for Garrison Hearst.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 No_Hablo_Ingles
Please explain to me what they all have in common? The only trends I see is that Running Back that are around the age of 30 (Eddie George, Shaun Alexander, on the cover are coming off career highs in carries never return to that same form the year after... which can be said about plenty of Running Back who were never on the Cover (Jamal Anderson and Larry Johnson come to mind). Running Quarter backs that don't slide get injured (go figure). I'm not arguing that players have worse years the year they were on Madden, I'm arguing that a super natural curse does not exist. None of these are substantial enough for me to believe in the curse and can all be explained without the belief in curses. What I do believe is that the player featured on the cover of Madden just came off a career year, and that defensive (or in the case of Ray Lewis offensive) coaches game plan for them more then the previous year resulting in decreased production and that injuries happen in the game of football to players whether they are on the cover of Madden or not.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 frostybanana
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Please explain to me what they all have in common? The only trends I see is that Running Back that are around the age of 30 (Eddie George, Shaun Alexander, on the cover are coming off career highs in carries never return to that same form the year after... which can be said about plenty of Running Back who were never on the Cover (Jamal Anderson and Larry Johnson come to mind). Running Quarter backs that don't slide get injured (go figure). I'm not arguing that players have worse years the year they were on Madden, I'm arguing that a super natural curse does not exist. None of these are substantial enough for me to believe in the curse and can all be explained without the belief in curses. What I do believe is that the player featured on the cover of Madden just came off a career year, and that defensive (or in the case of Ray Lewis offensive) coaches game plan for them more then the previous year resulting in decreased production and that injuries happen in the game of football to players whether they are on the cover of Madden or not.

They CAN be explained without supernatural cause, no one is debating that. But people believe that it's too much of a coincidence for damn near every player being affected the year directly after they make the cover. You act as if every player goes through that after a good year. That's simply not true. There are just as many players who have career years and continue that production the next year. Why are they never featured on the Madden cover? Andre Johnson just had back-to-back 1500 yard seasons. Then he followed it up with a 1200 yard season. By your logic, his production should have DEFINITELY declined. Production can and normally declines after a career year, that's a given. But not to this extent. You can't argue against superstition. As I said, it's not meant to be logical and that's what you're trying to argue with. Are there other more believable explanations? Sure. Is it probably all a coincidence? Probably. But you've done nothing to completely disprove the theory and quite frankly you can't because it's not bound by logic. That's why it's not an accepted truth and it's merely superstition.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 No_Hablo_Ingles

Oh... I see... You are arguing that I can not disprove the existence of the Madden Curse... well of course not, but for a simple reason; people will just make some justification. People already use Larry Fitz. believing in the curse for the reason he didn't get injured and stuff. If Vick gets on the cover again (I'm voting for him to be) and he has a better year then last, people just say it didn't effect him because it got him already. or If Aaron Rogers wins and has a great year, but doesn't get into the Playoffs or loses in the SB, people just say that was his curse.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 frostybanana

Oh... I see... You are arguing that I can not disprove the existence of the Madden Curse... well of course not, but for a simple reason; people will just make some justification. People already use Larry Fitz. believing in the curse for the reason he didn't get injured and stuff. If Vick gets on the cover again (I'm voting for him to be) and he has a better year then last, people just say it didn't effect him because it got him already. or If Aaron Rogers wins and has a great year, but doesn't get into the Playoffs or loses in the SB, people just say that was his curse.

No_Hablo_Ingles
When has that happened yet? People aren't making excuses for Fitz, he DID get injured. If someone legitimately escapes the curse, they'll say it was disproved. But that hasn't happened yet. So until then, the Madden curse lives.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 No_Hablo_Ingles

When has that happened yet? People aren't making excuses for Fitz, he DID get injured. If someone legitimately escapes the curse, they'll say it was disproved. But that hasn't happened yet. So until then, the Madden curse lives. frostybanana
What game did he miss because of injury? I didn't really watch the Cardinals last year, but I'm fairly certain he played every game.

The curse covers more then just injury, as you said, so escaping just injury that leads to missing games won't do it. Some people have done that (just recently Drew Brees and Bret Farve), and when that happen people then go to the less productive year (I think both Bret and Brees threw 22 INTs that year...) or failure to either make the playoffs or produce in the playoffs.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]When has that happened yet? People aren't making excuses for Fitz, he DID get injured. If someone legitimately escapes the curse, they'll say it was disproved. But that hasn't happened yet. So until then, the Madden curse lives. No_Hablo_Ingles

What game did he miss because of injury? I didn't really watch the Cardinals last year, but I'm fairly certain he played every game.

The curse covers more then just injury, as you said, so escaping just injury that leads to missing games won't do it. Some people have done that (just recently Drew Brees and Bret Farve), and when that happen people then go to the less productive year (I think both Bret and Brees threw 22 INTs that year...) or failure to either make the playoffs or produce in the playoffs.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. It's production and injuries hand in hand. In fact, most of the underperformers only played poorly as a result of an injury. If someone like Chris Johnson was on the cover last year, no one would say he was a victim of the Madden curse. He was still productive and relatively injury free. There's no cop out there. It was always a question of performance rather than just injuries because Eddie George, the second guy on the cover, didn't get seriously injured until 2 years after he was on the cover. He still played abysmal football in the season afterwards though. Fitzgerald got injured in the Saints game and while I doubt he was injured enough to miss the next game had they won, he was definitely hobbled by the injury and he missed the Pro Bowl as a result. No, it's not a strong case, but that's why I said before he's the only one you can make a case for that "escaped" the curse. But then again, he wasn't featured on the cover, he shared it with Troy. Brees sprained his MCL in week 4 and played through it. But he threw 22 interceptions as a result and his passer rating was a full 20 points lower than it was a season ago. Favre went through a similar thing with his torn bicep.
TomaHawked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TomaHawked
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

JML897

That would be epic if that happened.:P
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 No_Hablo_Ingles
I don't understand the point you're trying to make. It's production and injuries hand in hand.frostybanana
I think I'm not understanding your point... So if you get injured at all during the Football season, regardless of severity, then the Madden curse will continue?
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The-Apostle
Haha, Seattle has so few recognizable players, they just have the 12h man. I'd be down for that though.monkeytoes61
I voted for the 12th man for the lulz. :D
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 frostybanana
[QUOTE="frostybanana"]I don't understand the point you're trying to make. It's production and injuries hand in hand.No_Hablo_Ingles
I think I'm not understanding your point... So if you get injured at all during the Football season, regardless of severity, then the Madden curse will continue?

That and/or heavy drops in production. But like I said, it's more about production than actual injuries.
CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#43 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

Larry Fitz is the only person to be on both NCAA and Madden. I think Vick willbe the first to be on Madden twice. If not then I would say Bradford has a really good shot.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 monkeytoes61

Larry Fitz is the only person to be on both NCAA and Madden. I think Vick willbe the first to be on Madden twice. If not then I would say Bradford has a really good shot.

CADMAN_3
Shaun Alexander was on both NCAA 2001 and Madden 2007.
CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#45 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

[QUOTE="CADMAN_3"]

monkeytoes61

Shaun Alexander was on both NCAA 2001 and Madden 2007.

I stand corrected. Thanks

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 No_Hablo_Ingles
What an awesome looking cover....
efsaneturk5o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 efsaneturk5o
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
sende vote :)
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LoseEagles1245
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]What an awesome looking cover....

That would be awesome if Vick was on the cover. Vick would get injured, hopefully Kolb would be traded but for a 2012 pick because of no CBA, so the Eagles would be stuck with Mike Kafka, or they could always call up Jeff Garcia
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]What an awesome looking cover....

That would be awesome if Vick was on the cover. Vick would get injured, hopefully Kolb would be traded but for a 2012 pick because of no CBA, so the Eagles would be stuck with Mike Kafka, or they could always call up Jeff Garcia

I fail to see the direct correlation between being on the cover of Madden, and Vick getting injured. Since no player has ever been on the cover twice the "curse" has already occurred thus may be ineffective.
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LoseEagles1245
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]What an awesome looking cover....

I fail to see the direct correlation between being on the cover of Madden, and Vick getting injured. Since no player has ever been on the cover twice the "curse" has already occurred thus may be ineffective.

Possibly, but you don't know that for sure. Then again Vick could get injured again like he did last year, and it may not even be the work of the curse.