Football aka Soccer 2013/2014 Season

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Real Madrid crushing the old record buying Bale, Arsenal buying Özil. And a whole bunch of other big buy's and sales. Who do you think will win the biggest leagues. Surprising everyone has ignored this so far

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Lol, watch Ronaldo whine about Bale scoring more goals than him.

If Torres reverts to his Liverpool days, then Chelsea will win CL. Have zero faith in barca. Hate, hate, HATE Bayern Munich.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Wonder how many posts this topic gets. >_>
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Last_Ride
I think Chelsea might win the title this year
Avatar image for StaticKornSlipX
StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 StaticKornSlipX
Member since 2003 • 8261 Posts
TLR, we got Ozil!!!!!!
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#6 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Benfica dominated Chelsea in that Europa League Final, they just Portuguese'd their way out of winning. But I like Bayern Munich to win again.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
I like that one team with the guy that falls down and pretends he broke both of his ankles and then jumps up like nothing happened after the other team gets carded.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Last_Ride
TLR, we got Ozil!!!!!!StaticKornSlipX
hell yeah baby!
Benfica dominated Chelsea in that Europa League Final, they just Portuguese'd their way out of winning. But I like Bayern Munich to win again.GamerForca
Bayern is just such a strong team and got high expectations for their team this year. Though it is hard to win the treble again
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
I like that one team with the guy that falls down and pretends he broke both of his ankles and then jumps up like nothing happened after the other team gets carded.DaBrainz
This.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride
I like that one team with the guy that falls down and pretends he broke both of his ankles and then jumps up like nothing happened after the other team gets carded.DaBrainz
And i guess something like that doesn't happen in any other sport right?
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The Miami Heat?

StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StaticKornSlipX
[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]I like that one team with the guy that falls down and pretends he broke both of his ankles and then jumps up like nothing happened after the other team gets carded.The_Last_Ride
And i guess something like that doesn't happen in any other sport right?

Saw the Georgia Bulldogs doing something similar to this.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

I think Chelsea might win the title this yearThe_Last_Ride

No. Okay maybe. But NO! 

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

baron

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]I like that one team with the guy that falls down and pretends he broke both of his ankles and then jumps up like nothing happened after the other team gets carded.andyboiii

baron

Sure NBA has floppers but where's the .gif that shows that guy rolling around on the floor crying for 2 minutes like they do in soccer? I think there is a big difference between embellishing being knocked down and pretending to be severely injured. Also look at magnitude of occurrences.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think Chelsea might win the title this yearPut_in_Kitna

No. Okay maybe. But NO! 

They have Mourinho and they have a solid squad. I don't know if United can take the title again. I think it's between Chelsea or City this year
StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StaticKornSlipX
[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think Chelsea might win the title this yearThe_Last_Ride

No. Okay maybe. But NO! 

They have Mourinho and they have a solid squad. I don't know if United can take the title again. I think it's between Chelsea or City this year

you better believe in the Gunners!!!
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think Chelsea might win the title this yearThe_Last_Ride

No. Okay maybe. But NO! 

Chelsea is the favorite for sure. F*** em tho. City? Nah. 

Avatar image for Zombiekiller360
Zombiekiller360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zombiekiller360
Member since 2006 • 389 Posts

Chelsea!! About to win the league this year Eto'o and Torres up top is good enough.

As for CL that's tough to say too much time from now and the end of the group stages.

Can't wait for the El Classico and El Cashico this year

and I can't believe Arsenal got Ozil -_-

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

No. Okay maybe. But NO! 

Put_in_Kitna

I hope Arsenal will win something, but i am still unsure how they will go this season. I still think they won't do better than 4th, maybe third. City has got a strong squad, i think they will do well. As long as United doesn't win i am happy, i would be more happy if Arsenal could win something :)
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] They have Mourinho and they have a solid squad. I don't know if United can take the title again. I think it's between Chelsea or City this yearThe_Last_Ride

I hope Arsenal will win something, but i am still unsure how they will go this season. I still think they won't do better than 4th, maybe third. City has got a strong squad, i think they will do well. As long as United doesn't win i am happy, i would be more happy if Arsenal could win something :)

Then I guess the hell with you friend. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

Put_in_Kitna

uhm, that's not nice... We are just having an open discussion about football and that's what you come with?
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] I hope Arsenal will win something, but i am still unsure how they will go this season. I still think they won't do better than 4th, maybe third. City has got a strong squad, i think they will do well. As long as United doesn't win i am happy, i would be more happy if Arsenal could win something :)The_Last_Ride

uhm, that's not nice... We are just having an open discussion about football and that's what you come with?

I am a United fan man, just messing with you. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Last_Ride

Put_in_Kitna

oh ok:P. I think Moyes made some mistakes this transfer window though
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] uhm, that's not nice... We are just having an open discussion about football and that's what you come with?The_Last_Ride

He stunk it up yeah. Fellaini good pick up, but needs more. We will see January. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Last_Ride

Put_in_Kitna

He stunk it up yeah. Fellaini good pick up, but needs more. We will see January. 

i am thinking that perhaps need another midfielder. Carrick is starting to get old aswell. Scholes has retired and Giggs isn't getting any younger
Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zuzuvela
Member since 2013 • 1993 Posts
Since its just predictions on this page atm it seems: Man City win the EPL Same top 4 as least year n the EPL Barca win La Liga Munich win Bundesliga Juventus win Serie A PSG win Ligue 1 (Monaco not ready to compete....yet) Real Madrid win CL
Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zuzuvela

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] oh ok:P. I think Moyes made some mistakes this transfer window thoughThe_Last_Ride

i am thinking that perhaps need another midfielder. Carrick is starting to get old aswell. Scholes has retired and Giggs isn't getting any younger

I think they need to start moving on from the soon to be retired (Giggs,Ferdinand) and buy wingers (Valencia,Nani and Young all poor atm,Zaha unproven)

Man United would be a lot better right now IMO if they also ditched Rooney and played a 4-3-3 of:

-----------------------De Gea--------------------

Jones-----Ferdinand/Evans-----Vidic-------Evra

-------------Fellaini---------Carrick/Cleverly----

----------------------Kagawa---------------------

Nani----------------Van Persie--------------Zaha

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Seabas989

lol Mexico.

That is all.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

lol Mexico.

That is all.

Seabas989

What the hell happened exactly?  A few years ago they were a hot team on the rise and had put some serious distance between them and the US (most notably their 3-0-0, +8 stretch between 2009-2011 when they rose to #4 in Elo ratings).  2-3 years later they've been shutout by the US for 300+ minutes (and are 2-0-2, -3 against them), have fallen to #23, ad generally look absolutely lethargic while clearly playing the inferior game, especially in final third.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Seabas989

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

lol Mexico.

That is all.

Boston_Boyy

What the hell happened exactly?  A few years ago they were a hot team on the rise and had put some serious distance between them and the US (most notably their 3-0-0, +8 stretch between 2009-2011 when they rose to #4 in Elo ratings).  2-3 years later they've been shutout by the US for 300+ minutes (and are 2-0-2, -3 against them), have fallen to #23, ad generally look absolutely lethargic while clearly playing the inferior game, especially in final third.

Well I think:

• Overconfidence
  • they can't score
  • horrible coaching decisions
  • lack of leadership

It's so bad that even Panama is ahead of them (which is awesome b/c they are somehow still alive). Even if Mexico gets 4th place, with the way they are playing I wouldn't be surprised if New Zealand beats them.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

Real Madrid crushing the old record buying Bale, Arsenal buying Özil. And a whole bunch of other big buy's and sales. Who do you think will win the biggest leagues. Surprising everyone has ignored this so far

The_Last_Ride

I think Bale will crumble under the pressure at Real Madrid, and Ozil was certainly a very good buy for Arsenal! As far as the leagues are concerned, I'd say that:

Man Utd will win the PL, but it will be closer than last year, with City and (hopefully) Chelsea in the mix until near the end. Arsenal will finsh 4th comfortably, Liverpool 5th and Spurs may miss out on Europe altogether if theres shocks in the FA and League cups! Hull, Palace and Sunderland to go down. Relegation probably wont even be close.

Real Madrid will win La liga, as Barca are an aging team now, they need a centre back and will be found out in the bigger games this season. Atletico will be closer to the big 2 than most people think, and Sociedad will probably finish 4th again ahead of Valencia. Malaga could be shock candidates for relegation.

Bayern to win the German league again, but Dortmund will be more of a threat as they wont perform as well in CL this season.

Juventus to walk Serie A, PSG to win the French league by at least 12 points and Benfica to win the Portugese league.

Bayern or Man Utd to win the CL, Madrid to fall at the semis again, City to finally get out of the group alive and Barcelona to go out at the quarters.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Put_in_Kitna

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

lol Mexico.

That is all.

Seabas989

Well I think:

• Overconfidence
  • they can't score
  • horrible coaching decisions
  • lack of leadership

It's so bad that even Panama is ahead of them (which is awesome b/c they are somehow still alive). Even if Mexico gets 4th place, with the way they are playing I wouldn't be surprised if New Zealand beats them.

They will beat New Zealand. I agree on all your points, but you left out the fact that they stink. 

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

Guess I'll add my predictions to this thread:

EPL - Same top 4, in exactly the same order as last season. City and Chelsea havent strengthened well enough to bridge the gap between themselves and United. All 3 promoted clubs to go straight back down, but Newcastle and Swansea to be surprise strugglers too. Newcastle havent invested enough and have quite a thin squad, while Swansea will struggle to balance PL and Europa well enough.

La Liga - A close battle this season at the top but I'd say Barca will edge it by a couple of points. Atletico will be comfortably 3rd, and I think Valencia will get 4th, edging out surprise contenders Villarreal. Almeria and Rayo will be bottom 2 but the 3rd relegation spot is very tough to call. I think Malaga, Sevila and Sociedad will all be shock strugglers, Malaga in particular look a pale shadow of the team that reached the CL quarter finals last season.

Bundesliga - Bayern and Dortmund top 2 easily, with Bayern edging the title. Schalke to finish 3rd, with Wolfsburg sneaking 4th spot ahead of Leverkusen. The 2 promoted clubs to go straight back down, and Hoffenheim to survive the relegation play-off for the 2nd successive season. Werder Bremen may be surprise strugglers.

Italy - Juventus, easily. With AC Milan and Napoli making up the top 3 again. Dont know enough about the rest of the league to say anything.

France - PSG to beat Monaco in a close fought battle at the top, with the money then running out for both clubs the following season.

CL - Bayern to be the first team to retain the trophy. Juventus, City and Dortmund to shockingly drop into Europa League, no English team to make it past the quarter-finals, Barca to be found out in the later stages again.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

I-AM-N00B

I think Bale will crumble under the pressure at Real Madrid, and Ozil was certainly a very good buy for Arsenal! As far as the leagues are concerned, I'd say that>

Yeah, i don't get the hype for him. Bale isn't that much worth and i don't think he will do as well as Ronaldo

nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

Looking forward to Ozil's debut on Saturday. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Last_Ride

Looking forward to Ozil's debut on Saturday. 

nomsayin
I hope that's going to be good
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts

Who do you think will win the biggest leagues.

The_Last_Ride

The Netherlands: PSV Eindhoven

Belgium: RSC Anderlecht

France: Paris Saint-Germain

Spain: FC Barcelona

Portugal: SL Benfica

England: Chelsea FC

Scotland: Celtic FC

Germany: Borussia Dortmund

Russia: CSKA Moscow

Ukraine: Dynamo Kiev

Poland: Legia Warszawa

Italy: Juventus

Serbia: Partizan Belgrade

Croatia: Hajduk Split

Turkey: Galatasaray SK

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

Who do you think will win the biggest leagues.

Dexter-010

Germany: Borussia Dortmund

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Last_Ride
Arsenal played well today, Özil making one assist and 2 key passes
Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zuzuvela
Newcastle looked like a competent team for the first time in a year so Im happy
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Last_Ride
Newcastle looked like a competent team for the first time in a year so Im happyZuzuvela
I think it's surprising how they haven't managed to come higher on the table to be honest. They have had some pretty decent players through the years. I am not well known with what managers they have had the last years to be honest. But might it have something to do with managment?
Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zuzuvela
[QUOTE="Zuzuvela"]Newcastle looked like a competent team for the first time in a year so Im happyThe_Last_Ride
I think it's surprising how they haven't managed to come higher on the table to be honest. They have had some pretty decent players through the years. I am not well known with what managers they have had the last years to be honest. But might it have something to do with managment?

Sh*t managers 'Dodgy' (for lack of a better term) Owner Useless Director of Footballs (last two summers at least)
nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

Ronaldo hat trick, dayummm

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Zuzuvela"]Newcastle looked like a competent team for the first time in a year so Im happyZuzuvela

Sh*t managers 'Dodgy' (for lack of a better term) Owner Useless Director of Footballs (last two summers at least)

Newcastle was great with Shearer, but fell off after he retired. It sucks though, the team has a lot of potential Bayern and Arsenal won :D
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Put_in_Kitna

United STUNK! 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Last_Ride
Arsenal won, with tecnhically 3 assists from Özil and Bayern beat Schalke :D
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
For those who haven't seen it, this is after Higuain's goal vs Dortmund the other day. Spine-chilling celebration from the fans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmCIFu46pA